forum

[resolved] I'm not getting PP Properly...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
9reyJ
Problem Details:so i played some 4*+ maps , and i've FC like 3 in a row , in the website it says i've got , let's say about 45PP , but i only got 10PP and another one that i've got which is about 72PP but i've only got 20 or something... i don't get it... any idea or something?

Edit : Haha There again... i Almost FC'ed Blue Zenith 4* map that got 1500+ combo , my combo broke at 1195 but it wasn't a fail , in my profile it says 40PP i got , but it just added 9PP in the game

osu! version: 20151228.2
Angwar
If i am not mistaken the PP score that you see under top ranks on your profile is the combined pp you got with all your scores together. Let's take that Blue Zenith map which would give you 40PP for the score you submitted first try but since you already played it before you already got pieces of these pp everytime you got a higher score on the map. Unless you haven't actually done any other highscores on these maps or if i am talking bullshit, i am not 100% sure if that is how it works.
Afternoon
Every score is multiplied by percent. You get 100% for your #1 top score, 95% of pp for your second top score, etc, etc.
Bara-
Here we go again

That's because it's weighted
You never get the exact same score
Someone made a fruit analogy for people to understand
Ok, say you are in a competition with a friend to see who can get the most weight in fruits. So you go to the supermarket, and you buy one grape. you take this grape and you are so excited, positive that you will win. You place the grape on the scale, then decide that you need more fruits. You run back to the store and buy a strawberry which weighs more than the grape. You come back to the scale and put the strawberry next to the grape. But, oh no, worms have eaten part of the grape, it now only weighs 95% of what it was before. Angered by this and concerned for your ability to win, you run back to the store and buy an apple. Upon arriving at the scale, you place the apple down, but the weight gain isn't as high as you expected. You look at the grape and strawberry and they both have been eaten by those pesky worms. Now the grape only weighs 90% of what it had originally, and the strawberry weighs 95% of what it originally did. Becoming more desperate to get weight, you run to the store for a fourth time, buying a pomegranate. When you get back to your scale, you find that the apple, grape, and strawberry have been eaten by the worms. The Apple weighs 95%, the strawberry 90%, and the grape 86%.

You continue this process until you have collected 200 fruits, and each time you get a new fruit, the worms eat the rest of the fruits. After your 200th fruit you take a look at the other fruits and notice: "Wow, the grape is so small, it's only 1% of its original size! o.o That means that its contribution to the total is very small. And then you realize further, that every time you bought a larger fruit, the worms ate the smaller fruits that you already had, so when you placed a 4kg fruit on the scale, the weight did not increase by 4kg, but by a bit less due to the other fruits being eaten."

Hope that clears up the weighting system a bit for you.
Topic Starter
9reyJ
erm... well thanks for your replies , it helped me get a part of it , but if we remove the Blue Zenith one , i said before that in the top rank on a map i got 72PP which is 95% of the total PP , which was 76 or something , but in-game i got only 20 which is so weird , and your posts doesn't explain why exactly that happens...
Bara-
You have 3 maps
They are worth 100/70/30 respectively (taking % into account)
This means 200 raw pp
You get a score inbetween
This makes the weighted pp 100/70/50/20
You get one worth 50, but the one which used to be 30 got lowered to 20. You didn't get 50, you got 50-(30-20)=40 total
Topic Starter
9reyJ
I Think I Get it now... not all but i got the part of it
TheVileOne
I'm not sure what part of that you didn't get. Keep in mind that all the scores worth less raw pp than the score you submitted will now contribute less to your total pp due to weighting. Don't ever expect to get the face value added to your total, it doesn't work that way.