forum

Taiko gameplay style

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hypello
Hey people.

I was thinking about the fact that alot of keyboard have certain functionalities that can alter the effect of pressing a key.
Because of this fact, it allows players to use more than 4 buttons for taiko, since one would be able to do something.

My layout is S D K L (K D D K) (i use 4 buttons, cause that's how u are meant to play the game in my opinion)
If we would take the keyboard row that these keys are present on, and map the letter D to F and as well K to J you could press "KJ" and use DD

Example:
My controls = A S D F G H J K L ; '

If we would change what the keyboard keys do with software, we could get..
These controls: A S D F G H J K L ; '

This would be possible, when changing A, F, J, ; to have same functoinality as S, D, K, L, respectively (so A=S, F=D, J=K, ;=L).

I am wondering about if using this playstyle would be allowed.
I have never tried it before, but I think it would make the game easier, so I didn't want to use it. (at 240bpm 1/6 long K streams for example)

Does anybody know something about this? Mad Machine would be alot easier like this.. Just saying..

Aeon

EDIT: I just realised that peppy actually allows this for any laptop user with a keyboard. U would probably just need different key bindings. Let me explain.
If you put your binds to ASDF, u could also easily use 8 keys. WITHOUT ANY ALTERING OF ANYTHING, therefore not even any rule being able to come close to stating that this would be disallowed. Peppy allowed it himself. By not requiring ONE input device recognized as a keyboard, since there are so many different keyboards(different 3rd party vendors make detecting keyboard a REAL pain in the ass!)
Seriously, the rules just need to be complete -_-
If peppy implements something in his game which is actually a "cheat" in his opinion (according to you guys)......... I don't know anymore.. What the hell.. The crazy thing i just found out about this is.. That a key on one keyboard, which is pressed and spamming a letter... Won't... Be.. Deactivated by the same key on the other keyboard......
I feel scared while speculating about this while every pp i've gained is 100% legit and only with 1 keyboard, 2 keys for Don and 2 keys for Katsu..
Intelli
Topic Starter
Hypello

IntelliTroodon wrote:

And why exactly wouldn't it be possible to be discussing subjects like this? The possibility is there, maybe it affects the game. Maybe new skill levels would be possible in taiko like this, i am just speculating.
I would like to know from peppy if it is a thing that would be allowed in this game.
roufou
it would pretty much be foul play and is not intended to be a way to play.
Nofool
nothing to be discussed man, everything that is not just 2 keys for each colors is supposedly forbidden here

so that's probably considered as cheat but there are peoples in the top whos been using that trick on converts for long and still no ban sooo yeah that's one safe "cheat" id say (not recommended tho)

also don't expect peppy to post anything here lmao
Topic Starter
Hypello

Nofool wrote:

nothing to be discussed man, everything that is not just 2 keys for each colors is supposedly forbidden here

so that's probably considered as cheat but there are peoples in the top whos been using that trick on converts for long and still no ban sooo yeah that's one safe "cheat" id say (not recommended tho)

also don't expect peppy to post anything here lmao
I also think it could be considered as a unfair advantage, since it allows players to use several layouts simultaneously (dddd, kkkk, dddk, kddd, kddk, and more)

It's just so unclear and I would love a clear and open answer from peppy, if possible.
I have always assumed that it would be an unfair advantage, but I don't know for sure what the rules are, regarding this.

Hell, theoretically it would be even possible to use a kkddddkk layout with 8 fingers o.O
Nofool
nha really you don't seriously think so this should be discussed do you... ?

"use kkddddkk layout with 8 fingers" is as doable as using a cheat program rofl. just use your brain here, the authentic games uses 2 red and 2 blue "buttons" (not button but u get me), that's how you are supposed to play the game. you can use any cheat u want man, being able to use it doesn't mean u are allowed to................. wtf is that way of thinking.

anyways if u want to contact peppy u gotta use their support mail so hf
Topic Starter
Hypello

Nofool wrote:

nha really you don't seriously think so this should be discussed do you... ?

"use kkddddkk layout with 8 fingers" is as doable as using a cheat program rofl. just use your brain here, the authentic games uses 2 red and 2 blue "buttons" (not button but u get me), that's how you are supposed to play the game. you can use any cheat u want man, being able to use it doesn't mean u are allowed to................. wtf is that way of thinking.

anyways if u want to contact peppy u gotta use their support mail so hf
I do think this should be discussed, since there isn't ANY prevention mechanism in the game for this. So people would need to figure out if others would possibly do this.

Also, I only stated that it WOULD BE POSSIBLE TO "use kkddddkk layout with 8 fingers" as opposed to a cheat program, which would flawlessly play an entire song, so using my brain here concludes that there is a severe difference between those two things you stated.

I don't want to use any cheat or playstyle that is not the intended way to play, and nor will I. Ever.
Just like the sh*t I heard a while ago, where people were able to use 2 screens and just pretend that they were using hidden >.<
Things like this need to be addressed, and dealt with. Not just ignored.

The possibility of being able to use a kkddddkk without is scary to me, and with this post, I want to address this issue for people not yet aware of this being disallowed. (thats why I would like a confirmation from peppy about this being disallowed, so anyone CAN know this isn't allowed!)
I agree, it's common sense to not do this, but stating it explicitly would help.

I never said that it would be allowed to play like this. This way of thinking, it almost sounds as if you're accusing me, which is straight up ridiculous.

Don't want to accuse anybody of anything, but the scores at mad machine(https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=107875&m=1) seem near-impossible from my point of view, just like the top scores on (https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=789765&m=1).

Why would anybody want to be completely ignorant about this?
Why shouldn't we make sure that this possibility doesn't get abused? People should know about this, I think.
Nofool

aEoNNzR wrote:

Don't want to accuse anybody of anything, but the scores at mad machine(https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=107875&m=1) seem near-impossible from my point of view, just like the top scores on (https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=789765&m=1).

Nofool wrote:

there are peoples in the top whos been using that trick on converts for long
speed of link is obvious you can clearly see it with 0,5 speed (alternating 2 times drum center left then 2 drum center right in streams which would probably be impossible with only one key for each), idk about mad machine

aEoNNzR wrote:

Why shouldn't we make sure that this possibility doesn't get abused? People should know about this, I think.
huuu staff has been ignorant about taiko mode for years man you'r kinda late. you won't get your answer and peoples will keep using it that's how it is.

i personnaly don't care man normal peoples play the normal way and that's it, being able to spam that way doesn't make you good at the game (well if you care about your rank then you gotta deal with it)
Topic Starter
Hypello

Nofool wrote:

aEoNNzR wrote:

Nofool wrote:

there are peoples in the top whos been using that trick on converts for long
speed of link is obvious you can clearly see it with 0,5 speed (alternating 2 times drum center left then 2 drum center right in streams which would probably be impossible with only one key for each), idk about mad machine

aEoNNzR wrote:

huuu staff has been ignorant about taiko mode for years man you'r kinda late. you won't get your answer and peoples will keep using it that's how it is.

i personnaly don't care man normal peoples play the normal way and that's it, being able to spam that way doesn't make you good at the game (well if you care about your rank then you gotta deal with it)
That's kinda sad to hear o.O
Maybe it should be included explicitly in the rules for people who didn't assume this was allowed.
I'm obviously not going to try it, but it would be a difficult way to play, i guess.
What if others would have gotten ranks with this playstyle and assumed it was a more complex way to play (using more fingers) as well as it not being a "cheat".

I still think it's a hard topic because IF people would find out about this and then calling people cheaters, maybe the people in question wouldn't pickture themself as a cheater, since I didn't ever explicitly read it was disallowed, i just assumed it myself.
lolcubes
If you truly believe extra buttons give you some sort of insane advantage, you haven't been playing this game long enough. :p
You can even use the mouse buttons to perform some really odd insanely fast things, however in the long run you won't gain anything from that. Tough maps require you to know them inside out and you can't really do them with some sort of shortcuts. You just have to get good to play them.
XK2238
in an attempt to summarize this:

With the right key types, the right key positioning, and the right fingering (not in THAT one context) skills, you can imitate that kkddddkk style WITHOUT actually modifying the keys and beat ALMOST anything (not all; I'm not really sure either), including a lot of 1/8s.

as for the question:

no, even with 4 don keys, Mad Machine wouldn't be necessarily easier if you don't stream smoothly enough and your keyboard isn't springy enough, as failing to fulfill those 2 things would give you pretty much the same result as with 2 keys. Besides, software-based key-altering isn't so reliable (e.g. one particular software where you can't tap mapped keys while the original keys is still down; they won't register due to that). I've used it before, so I can tell this.

edit: try checking out liveplays of some top convert players like wzxxzw or Midnaait (iirc), they have a few
Dargin
In my opinion, i would see it being harder to play with 2 of each key, maybe some fast dddddd or kkkkkk streams would be easier, but the more complex streams, not unless you put some serious effort into learning new patterns, generally taking as long as it would take learning a new playstyle in general. If that were to become the new playstyle that top players use, that could be a possible advantage speedwise, but there are plenty of other slower maps that normal players can outplay them. The fast doubletime maps are my only worry with this playstyle, it could possibly gain the potential of ranking rediculous hard maps (over-mapping becoming under-mapping)
Topic Starter
Hypello
I'm talking about unfair advantage on High bpm 1/4, 1/6 and maybe even 1/8 streams.
Using 4 fingers for don instead of two would give twice the speed.
If you look at good osu!mania players you can see that alot of people are good in using 8 fingers or even 9 to play a beatmap.
Therefore, people should technically be able to abuse this, and this shouldn't be allowed in my opinion.
For example, Mad Machine has 1/8 streams, and is 270bpm.
Normally, a 1/4 270bpm stream would already be hella fast for most players.
But people manage to do a 1/8 270bpm stream, which is double that speed.... o_O....
I don't understand how.
Let's see how often you have to tap per second for this.
270bpm = 4,5 taps/second for 1/1 notes
but we're not talking about 1/1 notes, we're talking about 1/8 notes, that are 8 times as short, so..
4,5 * 8 = 36 taps/second
With 2 fingers this would be 18 taps/second per finger

When people would be using this "gameplay style", this would mean that they would be able to use 4 fingers for a Don, or a Katsu.
That would mean 9 taps/second per finger, which is still pretty fast, but doable.
Personally i can easily handle 170bpm 1/4 Don only streams, and this is:
170bpm = 2,8 taps/second for 1/1 notes
And therefore 11,3 taps/second for 1/4 notes, therefore 5,7 taps/second per finger.
I know some people are really fast in this game, but Rafis at Speed of Link(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv4H6jx4zmA)
At this map, he is playing 285bpm song with short streams of 5 notes, which he can clearly tap with 2 fingers.
285bpm = 4,75 taps/second for 1/1 notes
And therefore 19 taps/second for 1/4 notes with 2 fingers, which means 9,5 taps/second per finger.

So like, one of the top osu players can tap 19 times/second, and 9,5 times/second per finger, not even continuously.
And suddenly, there are some leet taiko players that can manage 36 taps a second.
OK, they might be faster, but this is just plain odd.

TL;DR: The fastest taiko players taps 36 taps/second(in the case of Don streams, or Katsu streams, 16 taps/second per finger), and the fastest osu players tap about 20 taps/second(10 taps/second per finger). This is hard to believe, assuming that taiko players use 2 buttons for Don, and 2 buttons for Katsu, using 4 fingers in total.
It would be more likely that the "fastest" taiko players who can tap this ridiculously fast, would actually be using 4 fingers for Don, and 4 fingers for Katsu.
If this would be true, this would mean about 36 taps/second, (but.... 9 taps/second per finger, which is way closer to the fastest osu players)

ALSO there's a much bigger player base in osu!standard than in osu!taiko, which makes it more likely that the fastest player at taiko has a slower speed than the fastest osu player.

AND https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Osu!:Rules this page is as incomplete as half life 3
lolcubes

aEoNNzR wrote:

TL;DR: The fastest taiko players taps 36 taps/second(in the case of Don streams, or Katsu streams, 16 taps/second per finger), and the fastest osu players tap about 20 taps/second(10 taps/second per finger). This is hard to believe, assuming that taiko players use 2 buttons for Don, and 2 buttons for Katsu, using 4 fingers in total.
Where are you getting this info from?
Also why do you think that 4 fingers would be twice as fast as 2? You are still full of assumptions. If you would be getting any real advantage with more keys, I am quite sure a lot of people would use that, including top players. Seeing as none of the top players ever really need to resort to such shortcuts, what is your point?

So like, one of the top osu players can tap 19 times/second, and 9,5 times/second per finger, not even continuously.
And suddenly, there are some leet taiko players that can manage 36 taps a second.
Most top players have youtube channels with live plays. If you really need to clear your doubts.

ALSO there's a much bigger player base in osu!standard than in osu!taiko, which makes it more likely that the fastest player at taiko has a slower speed than the fastest osu player.
What?
roufou
I'm not sure if you get his point lolcubes. His point is that people in taiko can play maps with 540 bpm streams at 1/4, but in standard 285 bpm at 1/4 is starting to get pretty high-end. Therefore he believes that the people doing these 540 bpm streams in taiko are using macros.

The last sentence he wrote was him saying that osu!standard has a higher player base than taiko which would make it more likely for standard players to be able to stream faster than taiko players, and this likelyness is very true (although there are other factors to consider besides the player base).

I'm not saying whether he is right or not, but his thoughts aren't exactly baseless.

edit: worth mentioning that using macros actually works and it does benifit monocolor streams
Surono
I have no idea with his TS

this taiko, u can hit anywhere but is just 2 stick

just 4, de original is 4 too. if you say to be 8 what happens with key-overlay?. it like to be drum, mania, or guitar hero i guess lol

ahh Just look on NoFool word.. cheat, trick, or idk. sry engrish
lolcubes

agu wrote:

I'm not sure if you get his point lolcubes. His point is that people in taiko can play maps with 540 bpm streams at 1/4, but in standard 285 bpm at 1/4 is starting to get pretty high-end. Therefore he believes that the people doing these 540 bpm streams in taiko are using macros.
You're right, I don't.

Theoretically speaking, he would be right, but in practice it just doesn't work that way.
First of all, you have 2 keys for each color. If you used external software to rebind keys, you would still have just 2 keys, but 4 keys to activate these two.
Pressing more keys is actually more complicated than it sounds, as while one key is pressed, that key cannot be pressed again if not released. This is actually very hard to perform, especially on higher speeds, yet it is unnecessary because you can actually just use 2 keys and press them with more than just one finger. Would pressing 2 keys 4 times be illegal?

When it comes to taiko maps, if you could master the technique and beat all that hassle, where would it lead you to? The hardest maps don't have monocolors (except for an occasional convert here and there), and in the long run you don't benefit from these shortcuts at all.

My point is, why even bother with dodgy plays where you don't gain any real advantage (it's also very difficult to detect, and your mouse is a legit "helping hand" actually)? Especially on non-converted maps.

agu wrote:

The last sentence he wrote was him saying that osu!standard has a higher player base than taiko which would make it more likely for standard players to be able to stream faster than taiko players, and this likelyness is very true (although there are other factors to consider besides the player base).
Yeah I understood that, but why does this even matter? Has nothing to do with the topic. :p
roufou
the reason it has something to do with the topic is the fact that well, if all you have to judge by is that the player bases are different the game with significantly lower player base hitting twice as fast is somewhat fishy.

also yeah I do agree that playing like this really isn't convenient unless you like...want to play mad machine and get a score nobody cares about.
Topic Starter
Hypello

lolcubes wrote:

aEoNNzR wrote:

Where are you getting this info from?
Also why do you think that 4 fingers would be twice as fast as 2? You are still full of assumptions. If you would be getting any real advantage with more keys, I am quite sure a lot of people would use that, including top players. Seeing as none of the top players ever really need to resort to such shortcuts, what is your point?

Most top players have youtube channels with live plays. If you really need to clear your doubts.

What?
Think i already answered them implicitly but oh well no problem i'll try to answer ur questions.

Well.. A beat is the same as an 1/1 note, i'm assuming this in my explanation.
1. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/168807&m=1 The scores on this map show that top taiko players can do 1/4 250bpm streams, but not all too much faster.

250 beats/minute calculated to beats/second.
250 / 60 = 4,17 beats/second for 1/1 notes. This would require (4,17 beats/second towards 1/4 beats/second means times four, since there are 4 times as much beats)
Therefore, 4,17 beats/second = 17 1/4 beats/second

To tap this, it would require 17 taps a second, since there are 17 1/4 beats/second in the song im talking about
The bpm of this song is 250 bpm, which is really high.
The speed of it is comparable to Rafis playing Speed of Link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv4H6jx4zmA

SUDDENLY, some taiko players appear and perform twice the speed of the above mentioned songs: https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=107875&m=1
This taiko beatmap has 1/8 270bpm streams, as opposed to the 1/4 250bpm streams which were just manageable for top taiko players.
I'm saying they could be using more than 4 keys. Would this make it cheating? I don't know, it's alot more difficult to play taiko with more keys!
Let me put it in perspective for you.

CONCLUSION
1/8 270bpm streams: FEATURED IN THIS SONG >> https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=107875&m=1 <<
270 beats/minute calculated to beats/second:
270 / 60 = 4,5 beats/second for 1/1 notes
Now lets see how many beats/second 270 bpm 1/8 notes are, this is 8 times as fast as the 1/1 notes, therefore:
4,5 beats per second for 1/1 notes = 36 beats per second for 1/8 notes

1/4 250bpm streams: FEATURED IN THIS SONG >> https://osu.ppy.sh/b/168807&m=1 <<
250 beats/minute calculated to beats/second:
250 / 60 = 4,17 beats/second for 1/1 notes
Now let's see how many beats/second 250 bpm 1/4 notes are, this is 4 times as fast as the 1/1 notes, therefore:
4,17 beats per second for 1/1 notes = 16,7 beats per second for 1/4 notes
^i am getting these assumptions from math, which calculates required beats/second for certain notes that players have flawlessly played. There are replays of these facts available. The webpages that show these rankings are included in the conclusion.

Is there anything unclear about the practical application of the concept i explained?
It appears to me that it is apparently already present in the game, yes even in people's highscores, at this current moment.

BUT I DONT THINK IT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED CHEATING!
These people shouldn't be banned for their creativity in their highscores. I think it would be harder to play taiko like this. But I am thinking that some people have become very good at this "taiko gameplay style".

It's not described anywhere on the whole website that this would be cheating.
I've never used it myself though, since i thought people would call it cheating.

Really, I DONT THINK IT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED CHEATING!
But I think people that used this, should admit it. Just because it's not disabled by anticheat, disallowed by any rule, and more difficult. its NOT CLEAR if it would be catagorised as foul play/cheating.
Because releasing keys in time also plays a big role in this gameplay style, I also think it raises the skillcap of a relatively simple game.

Normally there is Blue and Red, so technically even 2 buttons would be enough..... But people don't go and say that.. Because currently 4 keys is the standard, and "There are only 4 keys on the screen"
That's why people that would be using 8 keys are called cheaters.. And i don't agree. This may sound weird, because i'm not doing it myself.

Well, i might some day in the future if i am 100% sure that it is an allowed way of playing.
It would make the game alot more difficult, and it would give the game a much bigger skillcap too.

PS: If anything about my explanation is unclear lolcubes, feel free to ask! Thank you for your time!

EDIT: Screenshot: https://gyazo.com/74e05b91cebb8c7c5eadd9b9cbaba2b5
Beatmap: https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=152561&m=1
If u want more proof, alecreit did 1/4 streams at this map while alternating between left and right DON, but there is one 1/6 stream consisting of 9 DON in the beginning. He did this song with DT, doing a 234 bpm 1/6 stream alternating between 3X left and 1X right or 2X left and 1X right, not completely sure, couldn't see it well, but the "gameplay style" should be applicable here. Not pointing this out because i want to get a top taiko player banned for using more than 4 keys. It is unknowingness and creativity that causes these highscores, not the intention to cheat.
Nofool

aEoNNzR wrote:

AND https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Osu!:Rules this page is as incomplete as half life 3
well..... just checked it, that part is enough :

and a screen from the key config part in the game, can you tell me if you see slots for more than 4 keys ?_?

do you seriously need peppy to come tell you "yeah that's considered as cheat" because if he ever comes thats what'll happen zzzzzz

and now again

Nofool wrote:

yeah that playstyle allows you to hit faster monocolored (or almost) streams to get more pp on converts, there ain't much real ranked taiko map worth using that style atm
Topic Starter
Hypello

Nofool wrote:

aEoNNzR wrote:

well..... just checked it, that part is enough :

This part is shorter and also enough to disprove that any action taken in this gameplay style is not catagorisable as "macroing". Pressing 2 keys after each other automatically, when actually pressing 1 key is an example of a macro.

and a screen from the key config part in the game, can you tell me if you see slots for more than 4 keys ?_?

do you seriously need peppy to come tell you "yeah that's considered as cheat" because if he ever comes thats what'll happen zzzzzz

Then why does peppy enable it by default for laptop users, that use a separate gaming keyboard? It should be disabled then. Only 1 keyboard input device at most, and no altering of which key is pressed when a key is pressed.
I think he didn't even consider this as a possibility, since it would require a lot of skill. :P

and now again

Nofool wrote:

yeah that playstyle allows you to hit faster monocolored (or almost) streams to get more pp on converts, there ain't much real ranked taiko map worth using that style atm

eh, i still just think that it would increase the skillcap of the game, because people will be able to click faster.
Ever seen a difficult osu!mania replay? xD If that stuff's possible, why wouldn't this be allowed..
It's not macroing if someone puts 2 keyboards next to each other. It does involve the human element in play, and therefore is not considered cheating.
And it's not macro.

Macro is a serie of actions, setup upon one single key, which would give a player more than one keypress. Regarding this subject, nothing else is macro.
Binding J to each key on your entire keyboard wouldn't even be macroing.
Because keys would technically have the exact same effect. A KEYPRESS. not more. Ok.. It's a different letter.. :| Therefore key mapping is not macroing.

Whatever, I don't risk anything since i don't use more than 4 buttons for taiko, just 2 katsu and 2 don.
I still don't see it in the rules.
I do understand what you mean with "can you tell me if you see slots for more than 4 keys ?_?"
But Nofool, can you pls tell me if you are required to only select 1 input device?
Like, i am playing on a laptop, i am always using my Razer Lycosa keyboard, and if i would use my laptop simultaneously, osu wouldn't prevent it.
But i won't since i don't know if it's cheating. And i use DFJK
God damn it, it's not explicitly stated. It is being implied, and with common sense most people would figure out that it's not the intended way to play..

Still. It is not clear. It's just not. Not explicitly stated means a lack of information.
Nofool
you'r just a fag playing with words right now, whats your point man ? peoples doing that know pretty well that this shouldn't be allowed
do you really need it to be stated that bad lmao ? like are you the only damn guy in this game that can't deduce what is right and what is not ?

fine man you gonna wait a looooooooooong time before getting your answer, i feel sorry for you staying in such a blind situation :s
Topic Starter
Hypello

Nofool wrote:

you'r just a fag playing with words right now, whats your point man ? peoples doing that know pretty well that this shouldn't be allowed
do you really need it to be stated that bad lmao ? like are you the only damn guy in this game that can't deduce what is right and what is not ?

fine man you gonna wait a looooooooooong time before getting your answer, i feel sorry for you staying in such a blind situation :s
Lol.. The reason i was so curious about this, was because i could hardly believe people could get ranks like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PmZMkhpAWw but now i understand what's going on.. I kinda feel stupid right now, maybe having offended people..

You just don't like to debate, i suppose. My point was that i thought that there could have possibly been people, that could get called a cheater, while not intending to cheat basically. Just wanted a confirmation that it wasn't allowed. So people who could be innocent, because they didn't want or try to cheat, could have been banned for cheating, while not intentionally cheating. I wanted to prevent that really.

Therefore, it wouldn't be right to ban people who didn't choose to cheat. I figured that they would even want to give up the ranks that they used more than 4 keys for, and should, at the point where they would know it's disallowed.

I think you're in a blind situation too, and because i feel sorry for you too, you should watch that yt vid i linked (by n1doking) ;)
U also accused people of using more than 4 keys, which, according to this video, could be very wrong.
Nofool
xd you seriously blind oooor ? watch your vid again and use your brain lol
also in case you still can't see it, this isn't his best perf on the song which means you still wouldn't be proving anything
but know what ? i don't even need to since that vid is pretty clear

i don't like to debate ? there aint any topic man just you going in circle
"people who could be innocent" haha what a joke, i don't even know if you are serious or dumb at this point sorry..
you'r too new here, you don't know what you'r talking about
seems like everyone know whats going on except you, i told you earlier that staff is being ignorant with taiko and still...... zzz

and once again i have nothing against peoples doing that, i personnaly won't do it because that's not the way i wanna play

edit : also if you feel like im being rude, well that's because you'r being stubborn about things you don't understand apparently
Topic Starter
Hypello

Nofool wrote:

xd you seriously blind oooor ? watch your vid again and use your brain lol
also in case you still can't see it, this isn't his best perf on the song which means you still wouldn't be proving anything
but know what ? i don't even need to since that vid is pretty clear

i don't like to debate ? there aint any topic man just you going in circle
"people who could be innocent" haha what a joke, i don't even know if you are serious or dumb at this point sorry..
you'r too new here, you don't know what you'r talking about
seems like everyone know whats going on except you, i told you earlier that staff is being ignorant with taiko and still...... zzz

and once again i have nothing against peoples doing that, i personnaly won't do it because that's not the way i wanna play

edit : also if you feel like im being rude, well that's because you'r being stubborn about things you don't understand apparently
This makes me wonder why you think, that taiko staff is being ignorant,
and I don't see what's the problem of asking a question about an entirely possible way that much songs could technically be played.
Now that I've seen that n1doking's perf on his video is very different from what I imagined, I know that he's not playing with 8 keys.

I don't want to play with more than 4 keys either..
The topic was that i was speculating about possibilities, because i didn't see another way that speed of link, for example, would be passable @ taiko.
I'm not being stubborn, you're not being constructive. :?

lolcubes wrote:

Pressing more keys is actually more complicated than it sounds, as while one key is pressed, that key cannot be pressed again if not released. This is actually very hard to perform, especially on higher speeds, yet it is unnecessary because you can actually just use 2 keys and press them with more than just one finger. Would pressing 2 keys 4 times be illegal?
Didn't first understand what you meant by this, but now I do.
Dargin
Much like lolcubes said, the possibility is out there, but we should just see it as it is illegal tbh, while it may be hard to perfect the timing of 4 keys, anyone who would manage to do so would have a serious unfair advantage, and if they aren't punished, they would still be frowned upon by most of the taiko community.

Heres an example of why it's all in all stupid:
If we have twice the keys to play taiko on a keyboard, then We should have twice the drumsticks to play a real taiko drum.
Then nature will throw a fit because we suddenly want four hands, nature regrets it's existence and the earth blows up, ending all life as we know it.

Thats right, using 8 keys in taiko will end the world, don't do it.
I'm a loyal kddk player and will not be taunted by such cheats!

Edit: It has also been known that standard players have gotten banned for using more than two keys to click, so generally, don't do it.