forum

Cady Groves - This Little Girl (Speed Up Ver.)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Weber
Hi, just a few suggestions

Mk's Easy

00:42:206 (1) - Might just be me, but I've never been too big of a fan of this concept of having spinners end at the start of a kiai time on easier difficulties because of the spinner gap rule. Leaves such a huge gap of the most significant music in the song completely barren. I would suggest removing this spinner, adding a note to 00:42:206 - and mapping the first four bars of the kiai (duh)
01:40:551 (2) - Shouldn't this be NC since last NC starts on the identical repeat slider (01:37:837 (1) -)
01:48:692 (1) - Really isn't any need for this to be a slider, a normal hitcircle works just fine here as there isn't really a significant sound at the end of the slider as it is currently.
02:19:263 (1) - Not really sure why this note exists, the sounds that it plays on aren't really significant at all, and 02:21:256 (1) - just works better as the end of the break, as well as the visual dissonance between 02:19:263 (1,1) - because of the huge gap. tl;dr DELET THIS
02:45:679 (1,2,3) - I think the rhythm for this is a little weird and that's understandable considering the difficulty of snapping notes to the lyrics/drums here, I think this would be the best alternative for what you currently have: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6956777 (disregard placement)

BOUYAAA's Normal

02:46:867 (1) - Should be a slider that ends on 02:47:206 - ;w;

rest of diffs are fine

GL

edit: added another thing to mk's
BOUYAAA
Applied everything
http://puu.sh/t8G4l/ab1c5ac544.txt
Thanks ppl. gl to you too pentori!!
phaZ

Pentori wrote:

heyo

[phaZ's Hard]
00:05:571 (1,2,3) - spacing doesn't look consistent. only noticed cos it breaks the pattern its because of stacking mechanics. otherwise it would look shit. with stacking enabled its fine again
00:33:217 (2,3) - that jump feels really random it is indeed, but same for 01:16:636 (2) - and its mostly for asthetic reasons ;_; i want this part to have different sliders and patterns and stuff and since this is just a 1/1slider-1/1-slider jump i think not too hard
00:34:065 - 00:39:492 - random finishes? too lazy to get proper hitsounds, but i still like it more than w/o them :D
01:15:279 (3,1) - huge linear jump here, probably not appropriate considering you never used something of this spacing before fixd
02:10:062 (2,1) - really misleading considering this is a 1/1 gap that looks like 1/2 spacing uh i dont think so o: after you play that slow slider i think its more natural to expect a low ds as well (instead of high ds again)
02:13:115 (7) - vocals are 1/3? maybe follow that since u did earlier 00:23:210 (1) nah, also cant put that on on sliderend this time
gl
phaZ

Bonsai wrote:

DTM9 Nowa wrote:

Hi and sorry for ruining your little party with my two cents
loool no worries, thank you for checking by :D
(I didn't think I'd find a BN so quickly when I posted this in #modreqs ^_^;)

[centre]phaZ

So any specific reasons that the first kiai ends few ticks later than on other difficulties? (Most likely a small mistake because you have ended the kiai here 02:46:867 - before the "cause you hurt her") The Kiai ends here in all diffs though o: Must've been an error on your end :/

00:07:564 - You forgot one bookmark from here xd LOL

Holy s- the DS on the slower part is really small...

00:33:556 - 00:41:697 (3) - My ears ;_; rip was too lazy to get proper hitsounds so i did some bad volume cheating

00:43:224 (2) - When you emphasize this sound on the sliderhead this much shouldn't this 00:43:054 (1) - be emphasized atleast a little bit more than it is? You have finish and clap on it, it's NCd and it's mapped on a much stronger hit than any of these 00:42:545 (1,2,3) . You already have it priotized over other notes by many different ways so why not through spacing aswell? (replying for phaZ as well bc he has internet-problems LOL) Let me turn the question around: Why should he emphasize it with spacing too? Emphasis isn't a yes-or-no thing, you can emphasize some beats a bit and some beats a lot, which makes it possible to differentiate between beats that are of different importance - Looking at it in terms of natural beat priority, the white tick is stronger than the red one by default, so phaZ is differentiating this by emphasizing (1) with the NC but at the same time emphasizing (2) even more my adding higher spacing, which is supported by the song and also supported by the hitsounding (since the soft-finish stands out more than the drum-finish here) will change this. your suggestion feels better. i was first thinking that many (almost) linear placed circles would make this hard enough already (but we got an advanced now so i can fuck arounda bit more)

02:10:910 (2) - Why is this curved? It would function much better with the 3 ( 02:11:928 (3) - ) if the slider was straight (or rotated roughly 45 degrees CW) because currently the sliderbody of the 2 does not flow at all with the 3. Though if you want to keep the 2|4 blanket you can just move the 3 so it flows better with the body of 2 (Moving upwards and maybe a little bit to the left should do it. Personally i would move it to be around x315|y12) phaZ is forming a triangle with (3,4,5) here which would be ruined if the (3) was moved anywhere else - It's really not an issue since the flow of sliders is very lenient, and it doesn't flow strongly anyways since it's a slow reverse-slider, so basically the player is just almost staying at the same place for some time and then moving again, doesn't really matter in which direction ^^ patterns dont excuse bad logic but since this part of the song is drastically different i wanted to use some different mapping style (wow you cant even feel it. guess i did a bad job) so its supposed to be a little "weird" maybe? but yeah, not that it would make any difference player perspective wise how the slider looks

02:19:730 (1) - Uhh why is this NCd? I don't really see a reason to do so and it would be more logical to have these three 02:19:390 (1,2,1) - all in the same combo because they technically form a pattern There's a really loud *BEEP*-noise on that note lol, this is pretty much just a matter of taste, and since phaZ is using NCs to highlight single beats quite often it makes sense to highlight this one too true that. but i mostly did it so the combo colors would be a like in all kiais and it felt most appropriate to throw a NC right there haha

You may want to consider some of these things before pushing the set forward
GL anyway xd great song choice though
Welp, denied everything except fixing a wave-slider since everything had its reasons, but I do appreciate the effort you put into this, it's always good to question things and it's pretty much the best way to get more knowledge, so no worries about ruining the partym, keep up the good work :D
Updated, doesn't really need a rebubble though since it's just one minor anchor that has been changed :P
phaZ
copied bottom part oops
also, too lazy/hard to find a solution for 02:10:910 (2) - so im propably keeping it like this x.x
http://puu.sh/t8XwD/4a4fd81f3f.osu

why cant i edit the previous post...
Topic Starter
Bonsai
turns out MkGuh isn't coming back soon and he allowed me to reply for him again lol I should've asked earlier

Pentori wrote:

heyo
[Mk's Easy]
00:21:175 (1,2) - could look nicer shifted up a little I don't know what you mean and it looks nice to me xd
00:28:637 (3) - would flow better pointing downward imo ehh, but then it would flow less good to (4), I'd rather have the direction-change on (3) than on (4) bc that's the stronger beat, and also looks better
00:31:351 (2) - reverses on a really weak sound, maybe try rework this rhythm so you aren't skipping 00:32:030 - yop, changed
00:43:563 - 01:26:982 - starting your kiai's like this just feels so.. anticlimatic. id just try to make the entrance clickable agreed lol, changed
01:29:696 (1) - to the right a bit for that blanket done
01:43:264 (1,3) - that stack's a bit off that was me fixing this combo from a previous mod lol, done
01:48:692 (1) - why not just end this at the downbeat? dunno, I kinda liked it but since many people complained about it already I replaced it with a circle now ^^
02:45:679 (1,2) - try a rhythm like http://puu.sh/t8rPp/696a82ab15.jpg ? the repeat is so weak compared to the white ticks and ending on the downbeat feels really awful cos the instruments stop at 02:46:867 - done lol

Weber wrote:

Mk's Easy

00:42:206 (1) - Might just be me, but I've never been too big of a fan of this concept of having spinners end at the start of a kiai time on easier difficulties because of the spinner gap rule. Leaves such a huge gap of the most significant music in the song completely barren. I would suggest removing this spinner, adding a note to 00:42:206 - and mapping the first four bars of the kiai (duh) yoop changed lol
01:40:551 (2) - Shouldn't this be NC since last NC starts on the identical repeat slider (01:37:837 (1) -) yes
01:48:692 (1) - Really isn't any need for this to be a slider, a normal hitcircle works just fine here as there isn't really a significant sound at the end of the slider as it is currently. ayayay
02:19:263 (1) - Not really sure why this note exists, the sounds that it plays on aren't really significant at all, and 02:21:256 (1) - just works better as the end of the break, as well as the visual dissonance between 02:19:263 (1,1) - because of the huge gap. tl;dr DELET THIS deleted lol, did the thing with making warning-arrows earlier too
02:45:679 (1,2,3) - I think the rhythm for this is a little weird and that's understandable considering the difficulty of snapping notes to the lyrics/drums here, I think this would be the best alternative for what you currently have: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6956777 (disregard placement) already changed too lel
ok that wasn't so hard since almost every point was repeated in these two mods lol, thanks to both of you! let's go for the rebub now wheee
ZekeyHache
meow
Aurele
meow
Topic Starter
Bonsai
:?: :!:

(btw I spaced out 00:54:078 (5,6) - 01:37:498 (5,6) - 02:31:772 (5,6) - bc of reasons)
vipto
Irreversible
heyo

phaz:

00:15:747 (1,2,3) - For my taste, this is slightly too much for a hard diff. Could go through, but I'd prefer something less confusing.
02:35:355 (2) - Unsnapped
02:40:252 (3) - I think you should've put the NC here, to indicate the new part
02:42:457 (1,2,1,2,3,4) - This combination was slightly offputting to me. I couldn't really tell that 02:43:135 (2,3,4) - is supposed to have a way bigger timeline - distance than 02:42:457 (1,2) -

call me back for a restore bubble, because there was an unsnapping issue. The bubbler should be allowed to qualify it, afterwards
phaZ

Irreversible wrote:

heyo

phaz:

00:15:747 (1,2,3) - For my taste, this is slightly too much for a hard diff. Could go through, but I'd prefer something less confusing. alright alright... 4 people complaining is enough :D
02:35:355 (2) - Unsnapped fixd
02:40:252 (3) - I think you should've put the NC here, to indicate the new part yea is better
02:42:457 (1,2,1,2,3,4) - This combination was slightly offputting to me. I couldn't really tell that 02:43:135 (2,3,4) - is supposed to have a way bigger timeline - distance than 02:42:457 (1,2) - changed

call me back for a restore bubble, because there was an unsnapping issue. The bubbler should be allowed to qualify it, afterwards
http://puu.sh/tHowQ/65d50b1ab8.osu
Irreversible
ZekeyHache
~Qualified~
Topic Starter
Bonsai
wh is this

thanks guys >:D
BOUYAAA
ew nightcore
UndeadCapulet
nice!