forum

Map help

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[Verethragna]
I have been playing for 2 months and its starting hard to find maps that I could fc and get some pp. Im more of a jumper then a streamer. Any advice on picking maps or do you know any good maps to play? Here is my profile [Verethragna]
ZenithPhantasm
Play a wide variety of maps and try to FC them. I suggest dling the beatmap packs.
KanoSet
zenny.. you have no idea how much your signture made me relaxed
OT: just download more maps. there is always more maps to get
you can also use tellerino.. search that up it won't take 1 min
and

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Play a wide variety of maps and try to FC them.
ZenithPhantasm
Everybody likes headpats including me
DeathHydra

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

*headpats zenny*

You feel good now? :D
Topic Starter
[Verethragna]
I have over 6k maps and probably tried half of them once. Tillerino gives pretty low AR maps that are a bit too slow for me. :(
ZenithPhantasm

DeathAdderz wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

*headpats zenny*

You feel good now? :D
Yes :oops:
N0thingSpecial
Play the existing 6k maps, I only have 5K maps and I'm doing fine
efuru
Play every single map
Endie-

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

comfort is important

OT: Play more
silento

[Verethragna] wrote:

I have over 6k maps and probably tried half of them once. Tillerino gives pretty low AR maps that are a bit too slow for me. :(

Define what you mean by low AR. AR8 is perfectly fine if you're calling that low.

Oh and if you've tried them, set some scores on them. Play them through and give your best each time. If you keep doing this on different maps, you'll gradually improve.
Topic Starter
[Verethragna]

TheArchist wrote:

[Verethragna] wrote:

Define what you mean by low AR. AR8 is perfectly fine if you're calling that low.

Oh and if you've tried them, set some scores on them. Play them through and give your best each time. If you keep doing this on different maps, you'll gradually improve.
I try to play only AR9 i find AR8 not as fun. Is it okay to grind one map until you reach your score?
chainpullz

[Verethragna] wrote:

TheArchist wrote:

I try to play only AR9 i find AR8 not as fun. Is it okay to grind one map until you reach your score?
It depends on what you mean by grind. If you can't do it within 10 plays you should just move on for the day (honestly I wouldn't try more than 3-5 tbh - can always try again the next day).

Even if you are "more of a jumper" you should still learn how to stream. If you can't sustain 16-32 notes at the bpm you like to play then you have work to do. You don't necessarily need to focus on building enough stamina for deathstreams as maps with those are pretty niche. Inability to stream 16-32 notes effectively cuts your map pool in half or more when you get to like 4.7*+. Being able to play down to at least as low as 160bpm is advised as well. As bpm goes below 160 bpm you start to approach niche map land similar to deathstreams. Despite me saying this you'll probably be back here in a few months or sooner bitching about how you can play easy 5.5* tv-sizes but can't stream for shit.
DeathHydra

chainpullz wrote:

bitching about how you can play easy 5.5* tv-sizes but can't stream for shit.
This actually happens to many people