forum

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
xxxd34thl0v3xxx
As of now we can log in to game with the cookie in osu.username.cfg, but how about using that cookie to log in to the osu homepage, of course u wouldnt be able to use that cookie to change password or change itself, but it can be used to change avatar, edit userpage etc
Pawsu
Why?
Endaris
It's not a cookie.
Bara-
What?
XinCrin

Which cookie?
Underforest

Baraatje123 wrote:

What?

Pawsu wrote:

Why?
I didn't understood nothing. Can you explain a little bit more?
Ghost Snail
If you would want a webpage to scan a local file (which is not managed by the browser itself, like an actual cookie), you can't count the seconds that any decent anti-virus program needs to declare it as a bad site and deny access. Just imagine a webpage scanning your files. That is unwanted. Also, you can safe your password, etc. using actual cookies and you still have to enter them only once (as long as you don't delete your cookies). It's not really a lot of work to enter your username and password once.
It could also lead to a security issue. What if it is a family computer and someone accidentally clicked the save username/password boxes. Everyone using the computer could access their account. I don't think that would be a good thing.
Overall, I'd say this is an invalid request, which could pretty much only hurt the game, instead of enhance it.
Bara-
Oh
You're requesting an auto-log-in, right?
There is a "Remember Me" button when logging in. That should do the trick