forum

How to get better with mouse only

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BLTxheal
Hai people viewing this forum my name is BLT and i need help improving with mouse since my tablet just broke and now instead of mouse and keyboard i want to learn to use mouse only and i need some help with it thanks
DeathHydra
Play more
Flower Shop
Play more
*with mouse only
Phobos
Only thing I would suggest other than play more is to use low sensitivity if you're not already doing so. I use 400cpi with 1.0x ingame sense and 1920x1080 resolution. I don't think you necessarily have to go that low, but having a low sensitivity makes it easier to keep your clicks from effecting your aim. I would also recommend using the same sensitivity playing osu as you do using a computer normally to build muscle memory.

I don't think mouse only is as hard as some people would have you believe and its lots of fun, literally just clicking on circles! Its strength is also its greatest weakness, you don't have to worry about coordinating between two hands doing different things so jumps can actually be easier, but its also harder to separate rhythm and aim making streams and complex rhythms harder. I also think it develops skills that translate better to other games and using computers in general, but the difference is probably pretty negligible. Just my opinion so please take it with a grain of salt.
Endie-

dgap wrote:

Play more
*with mouse only
Deva

DeathAdderz wrote:

Play more
shiyuri
<deleted>
shortpotato
get good with keyboard first
Soby
Try to find out your ideal DPI then, get used to it, then try to alternate between the m1 and m2 clicks.
efuru

HK_ wrote:

DeathAdderz wrote:

Play more
Hamster Only
If you decide to go with a low dpi, make sure to get a big enough mouse pad with lots of room for movements.
FrzR
gitgud
efuru

FrzR wrote:

gitgud
Sayorie
Play other modes until you can buy another tablet.

Once you go tablet, you won't go back.
timemon
Get a tablet
I Give Up
Don't play hard maps with mouse only unless you are already experienced with mouse. Use keyboard so you can still improve tapping and get new tablet.