forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Beta crashes while starting.

posted
Total Posts
show more
alice soft
Same running beta (switched to it today to test HD disappearing sliders; usually ran stable fallback as beta limits to 40fps (?) on this laptop).
sseoji

gamzpro52 wrote:

Problem Details:
I recently updated osu and after I try to start the game again, it just keeps crashing no matter what.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
I cant really provide any pictures of this since I get no error messages except "osu! crashed!"

osu! version: 20160127.1beta

How to replicate: Idk :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Same, luckily it's not just you. Peppy... GET ON IT!! xDDD
Master_Southpaw
Same
Shikese
SAME :(
Nuksa
If you still want to continue playing the game, you can always change back to stable version by editing osu!.cfg file inside osu folder.

Just change from _ReleaseStream = Beta40 to Stable40 and restart game.

_ReleaseStream = Stable40
Dispel
Same problem with mine.
-Asuki-Chan-
Just save your configs in another folder then uninstall it then reinstall it but DO NOT UPDATE THE CLIENT IVE TALK TO A ADMIN THEY SHOULD FIX IT!!!!!!!

Then change it into the fallback
Trosk-
Confirming. Will be fixed ASAP. For now, hold Shift while starting and select Stable Latest as release stream. This doesn't work with this issue now. Do this instead:

Nuksa wrote:

If you still want to continue playing the game, you can always change back to stable version by editing osu!.cfg file inside osu folder.

-Asuki-Chan-
The Shift doesent work it was not ment to do that i select it and the start osu button goes black . i found how to fix it though you go into shift but dont select start click repair it should bring you to the cutting edge then go into settings select stable and download it then restart in shift mode
Pawsu

SLDplays wrote:

The Shift doesent work it was not ment to do that i select it and the start osu button goes black .
Do what was said here:

Nuksa wrote:

-Asuki-Chan-

Trosk- wrote:

Confirming. Will be fixed ASAP. For now, hold Shift while starting and select Stable Latest as release stream. This doesn't work with this issue now. Do this instead:

Nuksa wrote:

Does not work i already tried do what i told you it works for me now. I hope my advice will fix it. ADMINS you need to think of better way like recall the update
-Asuki-Chan-
Code:

doesent work it jsut reverts back to beta on startup for the code trick

The Shift doesent work it was not ment to do that i select it and the start osu button goes black . i found how to fix it though you go into shift but dont select start click repair it should bring you to the cutting edge then go into settings select stable and download it then restart in shift mode btw the
ithgyu
same rip :'(
inSix
having the same problem... I get the same error message someone posted earlier

System.MissingFieldException: Field not found: 'OpenTK.NativeWindow.OsuWindowHandle'.
at #=qNAbciiHAIt$bE1AxZIZyYQ==..ctor(String #=qRIZWZmHRGHMuiesiGUaJRA==)
at #=qZ225un1HAeSCT2XKhwqkQA==.#=qip7JQhxFyJxB$bck6IhFog==(String #=qbqLdXmDlu50DzDYpbycK3w==, Boolean #=q0ApAy$VHUIUUC8_MJHjr9FcTeLv3Sgb$I8S$kHonLQs=, Boolean #=qmX6O_5c60Xmpy2Cwr1zEsA==)
MyAngelRemi
Same problem, but does cutting edge work? ill consider re downloading with cuttingedge :)
-Asuki-Chan-
Yes it does . but i recommend my option if you use multiplayer because the cutting edge is for osu supporters and multiplayer in that is OSU supporters only
Oxterzone
Yep confirmed, can't start osu in beta update, thanks for posting the solution
-Asuki-Chan-
Np i jsut like to help out my fellow Friendly players
MyAngelRemi
the solution didn't work on me so i reinstalled osu
Ironsoul27
Stuck in classes so ill reinstall after, hopefully that fixes the issue
tsundoll
Can confirm. Had to switch cfg to stable and even then try to open it a few times before successful start.
Keihyan
same here. after updating to recent bata
PC Matic
all you have to do is reinstall osu and then don't hit update and everything works just the same (at least for me)
Ironsoul27
I did the shift hold and it worked for me, I'm currently on stable fallback and I'm going back to beta without the update
Pawsu
Should be fixed. Do what was said here: https://mobile.twitter.com/osustatus/st ... 1816583170