Total Posts
show more
N0thingSpecial
Improve your acc?
Learn to stream?
Play marathon?
Yuudachi-kun

- Milhofo - wrote:

In the end just improve your mentality instead of caring so much about ranks, the game will be a lot more fun to play and you'll improve a lot faster because you're not "quitting" over how you didn't get ranks over some scores (that helped you improve). And if you really don't want to look at ranking, play offline
This HIGHLY depends on the person
Bauxe
If you're at 56k, the only chance you've hit a wall is if you have a physical disability that makes the game overly difficult.

You haven't hit a wall. Play more.
Yuudachi-kun

Bauxe wrote:

If you're at 56k, the only chance you've hit a wall is if you have a physical disability that makes the game overly difficult.

Is mental retardation a physical disability
-Ene-_old_1

Khelly wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

Is mental retardation a physical disability
no its a super power
CXu

vovakid10 wrote:

Yeah, I know playing more generally means improvement. I just get very frustrated every time I get a much better score but I still lose ranks. Is there maybe a way for me to disable osu from showing ranks?
Here's your problem. You got a better score than you previously managed to get, right? That means you improved. Your rank might fluctuate due to other people ranking past you while you sleep/were playing something, so it's not always a good indicator of improvement.
shortpotato
well done efuru
I Give Up
I hit my limit year ago. Always push limit. play more
Yuudachi-kun
I hit my limit yesterday.
Topic Starter
Neoseeker
Well, thanks for all the replies. I didn't expect the forum to be this active. I guess I'll just keep playing to see how things pan out.
E m i
have fun ;w;
vsprite
play more
Deva
Its so funny when new players mash their way to the much higher rank than they deserve and when they get stuck with ranks they think they hit the skill wall.

Your acc is shit
Your consistency is shit
Based on acc your jumping and streaming are shit too
Play more
A LOT more
Deserve your rank
Play for ranks after
KanoSet

Momiji wrote:

have fun ;w;
^
efuru

shortpotato wrote:

well done efuru
Thank you thank you
Icyteru
play more
Endie-
People should stop worrying about rank and start playing more
efuru

Icyteru wrote:

play more
^ my mentor everybody listen to his advice
KanoSet

Endie- wrote:

People should stop worrying about rank and start HAVING FUN
ftfy
iderekmc
pray mole
Topic Starter
Neoseeker
I'm also curious... Do you guys singltap or alternate? I've been trying to improve at singletapping but I'm just worthless at it. Should I alternate instead?
Yuudachi-kun
Both. Now go do both
Sayorie

HK_ wrote:

Its so funny when new players mash their way to the much higher rank than they deserve and when they get stuck with ranks they think they hit the skill wall.

Your acc is shit
Your consistency is shit
Play more
A LOT more
Deserve your rank
Play for ranks after
Everyone starts from shit, son.
Owari
Just set an aim for daily playtime/count, seems to be working out for me (15.5k global don't judge G&R overlords). You'll go through times of slow progression and then suddenly you'll jump, all depends on your day.

Personally an engaging map pool that you play first thing when you log on is a potential idea (this pool is flexible obviously); and if you design it so that you are challenged from the get go then you should see improvement OVER TIME. Don't expect instant success, or you are wasting time.

Just my two cents.
Topic Starter
Neoseeker
Ok.
One last thing... I've been having problems lately with my eyes being super dry while playing osu. I figure it's probably because I blink less since there's so many notes I need to keep track of. Eye drops help for a little bit but my eyes get dry again pretty quickly. Anyone else had this problem before? If so, how did you fix it, if at all?
Jiroski_old
We all hit that point in our osu! career.

But don't fret!

You'll sooner or later get passed this obstacle.
Deva

Arthraxium wrote:

Everyone starts from shit, son.
Some of us try to get better in the process of playing more, not just mash faster.

vovakid10 wrote:

One last thing... I've been having problems lately with my eyes being super dry while playing osu.
Its not like you play AR11 300BPM maps so you cant afford to blink
Just blink ffs
Saphirshroom

vovakid10 wrote:

I've been having problems lately with my eyes being super dry while playing osu. I figure it's probably because I blink less since there's so many notes I need to keep track of. Eye drops help for a little bit but my eyes get dry again pretty quickly. Anyone else had this problem before? If so, how did you fix it, if at all?
Blink more
Deva

Saphirshroom wrote:

Blink more
Just where is this world going??
KanoSet

HK_ wrote:

Just where is this world going??
your profile pic knows it all
Sayorie

HK_ wrote:

Some of us try to get better in the process of playing more, not just mash faster.
Everyone starts from being bad at something to being good at it. Everything that happens between that depends on the player.
Do you want me to paraphrase it more, or do you want to fire more shots before thinking anything else?
Jellyfish McGub

HK_ wrote:

Your acc is shit
Your consistency is shit
Play more
A LOT more
Deserve your rank
Play for ranks after
this cant be real, can it? if you can be "doing it wrong" and bad acc/consistency was something new/low ranked players had to worry about, they wouldnt be spammed with vague "play more", right?
N0thingSpecial

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

this cant be real, can it? if you can be "doing it wrong" and bad acc/consistency was something new/low ranked players had to worry about, they wouldnt be spammed with vague "play more", right?
Yes cause they wouldn't be posting in GnR in the first place
Jellyfish McGub

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

Yes cause they wouldn't be posting in GnR in the first place
yeah but i mean getting to a rank that you dont deserve. and if the answer really is yes then that would void the whole "play more" meme.

this is not good for anyone's osu!Health
Yuudachi-kun
The only way to get to a rank you "don't deserve" is by cheating and anyone who feels they don't deserve something they got legitimately is a moron.
Saphirshroom
People get spammed with "play more" because they can't read or search for shit in a world where a near infinite amount of information stares in their face and all they have to do is to stretch their hand out for it. Our search machines have become good enough that you can literally type "guy jumps into cactus" and you get a guy jumping into a cactus. What more do you want?
KanoSet

Saphirshroom wrote:

People get spammed with "play more" because they can't read or search for shit in a world where a near infinite amount of information stares in their face and all they have to do is to stretch their hand out for it. Our search machines have become good enough that you can literally type "guy jumps into cactus" and you get a guy jumping into a cactus. What more do you want?
more cats
Deva

Khelly wrote:

The only way to get to a rank you "don't deserve" is by cheating and anyone who feels they don't deserve something they got legitimately is a moron.
You can just get lucky and get metric shitton of pp on a map you usually wouldnt even be able to pass.
KanoSet

HK_ wrote:

You can just get lucky and get metric shitton of pp on a map you usually wouldnt even be able to pass.
you can't be lucky.. it's just your brain doing its best.. it's god mode
Yuudachi-kun

HK_ wrote:

Khelly wrote:

That's not lucky. That's the upper limit of your skill and playing it long for fc when you otherwise would not have is pushing your limits.
show more