forum

Having mouse troubles

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iSwitch
Hi, I am a mouse player and I'm having difficulties with it:
When I do a lot of jump without any break, my mouse slowly move down and I lost all my accuracy because it almost go out my mouse pad.
So I wanted to know if there was any reason for this and if I could fix it or if I should just buy bigger mouse pad.
Thx <3
a1l2d3r4e5d6
I think the phenomenon that you're facing is called 'mouse drift'. It's an unavoidable thing for mouse users. No matter how good a mouse is, this problem is going to be present. It's a matter of finding a solution that works best for you to counter this problem.
Personally, I usually lift my mouse and reposition it when I get a chance (short breaks, long/slow sliders, etc.).

Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone who can say otherwise.

Tell me, what mouse do you have?

Also, a friendly reminder that...
General Discussion is for non-osu! related topics.
Take it to the Gameplay & Rankings subforum.
Topic Starter
iSwitch

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

I think the phenomenon that you're facing is called 'mouse drift'. It's an unavoidable thing for mouse users. No matter how good a mouse is, this problem is going to be present. It's a matter of finding a solution that works best for you to counter this problem.
Personally, I usually lift my mouse and reposition it when I get a chance (short breaks, long/slow sliders, etc.).

Firstly thx for replying, secondly sorry I didn't know General Discussion wasn't for osu! topics and my mouse is a roccat kova+
Railey2
The phenomenon you described is known as mouse drift. As aldred said, it will always be present to some degree, there is no way to eliminate it completely.

However, you can weaken its effect by increasing your mouse sensitivity (the less you move the mouse, the less it has a chance to drift away).

Or you just act according to your name and switch to tablet-play.
Topic Starter
iSwitch

Railey2 wrote:

The phenomenon you described is known as mouse drift. As aldred said, it will always be present to some degree, there is no way to eliminate it completely.

However, you can weaken its effect by increasing your mouse sensitivity (the less you move the mouse, the less it has a chance to drift away).

Or you just act according to your name and switch to tablet-play.
I tried tablet but I'm left handed with the pen and right handed with the mouse and I'm too lazy to switch and basically relearn everything ^^
Maybe I'll switch in the future
Bara-

iSwitch wrote:

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

Firstly thx for replying, secondly sorry I didn't know General Discussion wasn't for osu! topics and my mouse is a roccat kova+
It's always good to read the stickies ^_^
Mao
Moved.
KanoSet
get a bigger mousepad
adjust your mouse in slow sliders, spinners and breaks
Zalaria
This is actually something im dealing with currently, and its not fun to be in the middle of a map and sudden you cant move your cursor well because it drifts off. Its one issue right now thats causing a crapton of misaimed breaks/misses. I would suggest as some others said here to try to create your own break point in a map via a spinner, slider, etc.
I Give Up
Mouse drift enemy :<
Endie-
Reposition your mouse during breaks. I had this problem before. Since it takes away allot of concentration it could really hurt your play. Just practice on repositioning your mouse in any break you can find and it will go automatically after a while.
Good luck~