forum

which finger do you use for tapping

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nublin
I use middle but when I watch a lot of streamers they tend to use index, is index finger more standard or better? I think I will try to switch if that's the case.
Also a general technique question: when you have notes immediately after sliders(half beat) you use the finger that's not holding for the slider generally right? I think that's a habit I should try to correct.
Yuudachi-kun
I use index but then I learned that the middle finger doesn't fuck up my aim so I've been learning that.
shortpotato
1. doesn't matter, it's preference
2. doesn't matter, it's preference

enjoy playing osu!!!
Yuudachi-kun

shortpotato wrote:

enjoy playing osu!!!
Actually for me it's not just preference because I can put significantly less effort into single tapping 250+ bpm with my middle than with my index and that makes aiming jumps a lot easier because my left side of my body isn't tensing to go fast.
DeathHydra
Usually pro people can use both. Personally I think it doesn't really matter which finger you use for singletap. Use any that feels comfortable to you
7ambda
I use both, because both my fingers are shit at stamina.
shortpotato

Khelly wrote:

shortpotato wrote:

enjoy playing osu!!!
Actually for me it's not just preference because I can put significantly less effort into single tapping 250+ bpm with my middle than with my index and that makes aiming jumps a lot easier because my left side of my body isn't tensing to go fast.
so now you prefer using ur middle finger
well done!
Deva
I can tap with my index finger
I can tap with my middle finger
I can tap with both
I can alternate
I dont benefit whatsoever from being able to do all that
Just play how the hell ever you like
deletemyaccount
I used to single tap with my index finger because it felt better

then I singletapped with my middle finger because it was the finger I used to start streams

now I singletap better with my middle finger

it doesn't matter, the more you singletap with each finger the better you will get at it so pretty much play more
Yuudachi-kun

shortpotato wrote:

well done!

I can't start triples or streams easily on it so nooooope
shortpotato

Khelly wrote:

shortpotato wrote:

well done!

I can't start triples or streams easily on it so nooooope
.suicide
Yuudachi-kun
WORKING ON IT
KanoSet
both cuz one finger takes so much stamina
Saphirshroom
I use all my both two
I Give Up
Don't think. Push button. Believe.
-Makishima S-
Single tap finger: ring
Stream / alternate finger: index
lcfc

HK_ wrote:

I can tap with my index finger
I can tap with my middle finger
I can tap with both
I can alternate
I dont benefit whatsoever from being able to do all that
Just play how the hell ever you like
Well said. ^^

It doesn't matter what finger you use, atleast for me. Even though I alternate, I've tried singletapping some times and I see no difference between how fast and accurate my index finger and my middle finger taps.
balldoowell
I USE MY MIDDLE AS MY MAIN TOO!
Mahogany
Whichever one I feel like using
Mizakux3
I use my middle, and i have a bad habit of where i need to start triplets and most of the time streams with my middle finger or i just fail. Recently though I've learned alternating and this isn't as much of a problem. Whatever finger you became comfortable with will usually be fine unless you're special like Khelly. :)
ZenithPhantasm
I read it as which finger do you use for fapping
vsprite
both
Cookiedipp
I tend to mostly use my index and middle, but sometimes I will use the ring finger and lightly tap. It's whatever I feel most comfortable with at a given time lol