forum

Need tips to improve finger speed

posted
Total Posts
show more
PLAYER WITH RSI
genetics
Mizakux3
Unless you plan on aiming for a certain rank you should probably just play for fun and in time skills like streaming and jumping will develop, after awhile you'll hit an actual wall where you're going to have to practice specific things like speed, space streams, etc. But to actually answer your question, this is how i became able to stream high bpm / death streams. For a few days in a row I would play stream maps until my fingers got tired to the point they would just hurt (Like lifting weights) And then rest afterwards (Preferably sleep, if not relax) after a few days I wasn't instantly better at streaming but I was able to have the speed to keep up with faster maps and also have the stamina.
ZenithPhantasm

GlennCampbell wrote:

genetics
^
This. Speed is neurological
vsprite
play more
I Give Up
Get accuracy first. You can't improve speed if you can't even acc any bpm yet. It like trying to improve at painting without first learning how to hold a brush dude.
Deva

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

GlennCampbell wrote:

genetics
^
This. Speed is neurological
i lol'd
vsprite
stream speed is decided on the anatomical structure of your extensor indicis. This is why all koreans can instantly stream 250bpm+.

tl;dr you failed by not being korean
ZenithPhantasm
So you could shorten/strengthen the muscle with surgery. Speed is also neurological. Nerves determine whether u have fast twitch or slow twitch
Saphirshroom
As proven by John Titor, your finger speed and your whole osu! skill is already predetermined. If you want to escape this determinism, you must switch attractor fields.
shortpotato
cut open ur arm and move the nerves around
Yuudachi-kun

KukiMonster wrote:

Get accuracy first. You can't improve speed if you can't even acc any bpm yet. It like trying to improve at painting without first learning how to hold a brush dude.

I somehow did not do this
DeathHydra

Khelly wrote:

KukiMonster wrote:

It's ok you're not the only one
Yuudachi-kun
good thing 240 bpm is ez to acc sometimes right
Sayorie
I can't even play <120BPM
I Give Up

Khelly wrote:

98% OD9 is ok dude.
Yuudachi-kun

KukiMonster wrote:

Khelly wrote:

98% OD9 is ok dude.
The 98%+ fcs you see on my top 100 are NOT representative of my acc as I can retry those maps many times and the small few that are able to be acc'd by me are more likely to gain me pp, thus appearing more often on my top 100 list.

This is more like it:

I Give Up
bpm too low.
Yuudachi-kun
If it was 180 I would've agreed with you.
silento
If you want to learn streaming, you have to progress into it. Speed is something you really have to want in order to achieve as well as the one that requires the most effort to make a change in.

Start with getting comfortable with a bpm. Then play maps that up the tapping component by throwing in triples and stacks. Then you finally play some streamy maps.
Topic Starter
bakadere
WOAH, okay. So I just read over these 2.5 pages of new replies. I like a lot of the answers im getting and to those of you who explained how to get into it and actually practice, thank you! Thats a lot of what ive been looking for! Ill try this stuff out for a few months and see how it goes. Already feel im gonna get better, I just always get frustrated with being slow because naturally I progress really fast with most games I play so the sudden pace change makes me feel like im super slow and suck. Which I do but whatever lol. Thanks guys! (And girls)
shortpotato
yay!!! i believe u'll become cookieizi one day too !!!
Topic Starter
bakadere

shortpotato wrote:

yay!!! i believe u'll become cookieizi one day too !!!
Haha, thank you <3 I try atleast lol