forum

Chronic Combo Breaking?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Insyni
I'm referring to those cases when you break combo every 100-200 notes on the easiest parts of the beatmap. Of course, because it is on the easier parts of the beatmap, the breaks happen in complete random areas through the song instead of the difficult sections. I'm referring to those parts that are 2.5 stars in difficulty, such as normal sliders or 1-3 single taps at a low-moderate bpm.

Does anyone have this? Does everyone have this? Does anyone have a cure?
Deva
You arent playing maps that are in your comfort zone so your consistency is shit.
It will keep happening for a long time if you dont go lower in diff and start farming FCs instead of pp.
silento
Your fix is to play longer songs, preferably longer than 3 minutes, without retrying.
Mahogany
Stop being bad
Endaris
I don't even know, you're the most unique case of a stuck player I've seen so far :/
Yuudachi-kun
We can rebuild him; wehave the technology
KanoSet
it only happen to me every 700 combos

Mahogany wrote:

Stop being bad
DeathHydra
I don't have this. What I have is breaking near the end of the song when I have FC
shortpotato
omg no one said play more yet!
Yuudachi-kun

shortpotato wrote:

omg no one said play more yet!
Look at his hits and playcount. He needs to do something different from just "play more"
Yolshka

Khelly wrote:

Look at his hits and playcount. He needs to do something different from just "play more"
Oh i see how it is now. :(
Kunino Sagiri
Back to 1* you go.
N0thingSpecial

Khelly wrote:

Play less?
Yuudachi-kun

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Khelly wrote:

Play less?
I require about 3 hours of footage of OP playing the game as he normally does.

Then I will tell him what he's doing wrong.
Endaris

Khelly wrote:

I require about 3 hours of footage of OP playing the game as he normally does.

Then I will tell him what he's doing wrong.
I got about that. A bit less maybe.
OP has above average reading and pattern recognition and due to that he's able to hold up accuracy and combo at spots where most people at his rank wouldn't be able to keep up. I always ended up being severely impressed how he handled difficult patterns just to see him combobreak or lose accuracy at the most stupid spots ever. This is around 2m hits outdated though.
I already suggested him buying a new aimdevice as he plays with a (very?) casual mouse but he had some reasons to not spend money for that.
Yuudachi-kun
So maybe he needs a lot more willingness to fc maps that are challenging even if that means spending a while on them. FCing maps that you find challenging and not stopping (Ok this does not mean in one sitting) until you FC them is one of the best ways to improve imo.

Also having those maps be worth PP is also a good carrot on a stick and feels nice when you get the pp x^dddddd
gamestonk
Whenever this happens to me it's normally because i've gotten complacent after retrying a song a bunch and/or almost fcing it. Or you spam retry songs and now you can't fc anything without trying 1000 times. That's my guess anyway
I Give Up
Probably he is using bad/buggy equipment.
DeathHydra
I think it's because OP needs to readjust his mouse after the difficult part but there is no break so he did it on the easy part of the song and end up missing a note
vsprite
play more

on maps you arnt mashing
Topic Starter
Insyni
Oh wow, I didn't realize this actually posted. I thought the forums crashed when I tried to post...

Also, I don't mash... unless it is too hard, then I know I'm mashing.

Side note: I'm surprised no one else could relate to this. It wasn't only a "what can I do better question", but also "does this happen to anyone else" question.
Valvalecia
It happened to me. I pretty much fixed it by starting to play longer maps and not resetting. I also turned ui off and hid scoreboard so I actually started enjoying the game at same.
Yuudachi-kun

Insyni wrote:

Side note: I'm surprised no one else could relate to this. It wasn't only a "what can I do better question", but also "does this happen to anyone else" question.
No. At least not until now, but I have to accept that progress will be slower.
Saphirshroom

Valvalecia wrote:

It happened to me. I pretty much fixed it by starting to play longer maps and not resetting. I also turned ui off and hid scoreboard so I actually started enjoying the game at same.
You don't even have half of OP's playcount, just play more.
KanoSet
it used to happen but not anymore rly
u just need to get used to it
you just need to play more and enjoy game pls
Yuudachi-kun

Saphirshroom wrote:

Valvalecia wrote:

You don't even have half of OP's playcount, just play more.
Hits are more telling than playcount. I would believe 5,000,000 hits in 20,000 pc played more than 4,000,000 hits in 40,000 pc
Deva

Insyni wrote:

I was like that too, i noticed that i was getting random misses even on easy diffs so i got back to 1* and worked my way up to insane and will soon hit extra yay
play more of stuff you can get high acc on until you stop missing
Or just get a tablet
Topic Starter
Insyni

HK_ wrote:

Insyni wrote:

I was like that too, i noticed that i was getting random misses even on easy diffs so i got back to 1* and worked my way up to insane and will soon hit extra yay
play more of stuff you can get high acc on until you stop missing
Or just get a tablet
1*? That seems quite extreme! Though I know what you mean, 2.5* songs can sometimes mess me up too.

*Looks at approach circle. Goes to make a cup of coffee. Comes back and waits for approach circle. Hits note. Repeats.*
Synpoo
happens to me every time tbh fam say no more
Yuudachi-kun

Synpoo wrote:

Found the person you can safely ignore
dung eater
Concentrating more on hitting every circle and being aware of your cursor position should help.

If you break and don't know why, keep playing and try harder to pay attention. If you break and know why, concentrate on playing properly and not doing it again (the kind of mistake you did) in the rest of the song.

Long songs are great for this. The longer, the better. Do not pause for breaks.
Zalaria
Combo breaking is a daily thing for me, though I usually break somewhere like 50 notes from the end because im a derp
Synpoo

Khelly wrote:

Synpoo wrote:

Found the person you can safely ignore
found the saltiest idiot on this forum
Yuudachi-kun

Synpoo wrote:

tbh fam say no more
If you say this seriously or unseriously you should be ignored.
tfg50

jaaakb wrote:

Concentrating more on hitting every circle and being aware of your cursor position should help.

If you break and don't know why, keep playing and try harder to pay attention. If you break and know why, concentrate on playing properly and not doing it again (the kind of mistake you did) in the rest of the song.

Long songs are great for this. The longer, the better. Do not pause for breaks.
This. I like to think that I'm a consintent player and when I break I usually know what happened. Stuff like shaking on a triple or overshooting/undershooting or even when you miss by a bit or you are barely on the edge of the circle if you pay enough attention you can notice those misses. After I got my new tablet sometimes there are some bs misses because of the delay but if you snap properly those are a minority.

When you play stuff that is too hard there's no way to avoid misses tho, just gotta accept it, play more and play that map again.