forum

Latency

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
N0thingSpecial
How far can I go with 8.4ms latency? cause laptop too potato to get me stable FPS in 240 FPS cap and unlimited FPS, so I'm stuck with 120 FPS cap.

Edit 1: I manage to drop it to 5.3ms, still begs the question how far can i go?
Edit 2: it's now at 3.6ms.
Yuudachi-kun
You CAN go farther than you ever WILL.

With that attitude
Topic Starter
N0thingSpecial

Khelly wrote:

You CAN go farther than you ever WILL.

With that attitude
Khelly you da real MVP
Deva
I FCed 4.4* map with around 20ms so with 8ms you can get pretty far.
E m i
can't into od10-11
Deva
od11 ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Yuudachi-kun
Which od requires a 0 ms error to get a 300
timemon

Khelly wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's OD10.
Yuudachi-kun
Might as well be.
Deva

timemon wrote:

Khelly wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's OD10.
Is this seriously? If not you got me :/
Yuudachi-kun
I think it's like +-9 ms
Raniemi

Khelly wrote:

I think it's like +-9 ms
+/-19.5

Have fun playing OD10 with 8.4ms ;)
ZenithPhantasm
Latency is only in ur head
jk buy better pc
shortpotato
as someone who also plays with potato computer (120fps) i wud say exactly 5374pp
dung eater
have you tried playing at 800*600`? lower is enough for circle clicking, too
KanoSet
make sure you have every effect off
and keep the background dim at 100%
on my laptop there is ~4 ms difference between 90% and 100% somehow
potato laptops master race
Topic Starter
N0thingSpecial

jaaakb wrote:

I tried it for 4 hours or so, I just can't, I don't think I want to invest much more time in learning to read anything in any resolution under 1920 x 1080
Infevo

N0thingSpecial wrote:

jaaakb wrote:

I tried it for 4 hours or so, I just can't, I don't think I want to invest much more time in learning to read anything in any resolution under 1920 x 1080
yea, because resolutions have to be practiced. right! just go 720p. you'll have the same aspect ratio and it won't look any worse since the osu! skin files won't make a difference in a higher res. the point is to reduce the latency, isn't it? make sure you play full screen and make your gpu scale the picture to the same size (i guess full screen?) as the size you played in 1080p.
Topic Starter
N0thingSpecial

Infevo wrote:

N0thingSpecial wrote:

yea, because resolutions have to be practiced. right! just go 720p. you'll have the same aspect ratio and it won't look any worse since the osu! skin files won't make a difference in a higher res. the point is to reduce the latency, isn't it? make sure you play full screen and make your gpu scale the picture to the same size (i guess full screen?) as the size you played in 1080p.
I'm a potato when it comes to computer, would you care to explain how does one do that?

Edit 1: nvm I've figure out something that might work out
Edit 2: welp nothing amazing but dropped it to 3.6 ish, still cant run unlimited FPS. Thank you non the less
Ohrami
anything below 10 ms won't really matter, but framerate limiters cause a pretty noticeable lag