forum

Beatmap vote (multiplayer)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
TitaN7_old
osu! detects beatmaps in common between two or more players in the room and make a vote list, players open the list and are allowed give two votes the first map of their choice and 1 star to the others. After voting, this list is disabled and osu creates a queue depending on all the votes. Beatmap with the most votes so far, it appears somewhere, and the host may *optionally* choose to start that song and, this way successively with the following map. If a player enters the game, the list adds maps in common, and the same voting method is applied to him, and also all the players that have the map are allowed to give 1 vote to that song. After playing the last map, the queue and the voting list are restarted.
Mahogany
How would osu create a quality and reasonably sized list based on the people's libraries? I have 30k beatmaps, so it's highly unlikely that'd create an entertaining voting environment.
Endaris
Yep, you would have to restrict it to some small mappool that is preselected by the host:
t/400450
So pretty much a duplicate.
Topic Starter
TitaN7_old

Mahogany wrote:

How would osu create a quality and reasonably sized list based on the people's libraries? I have 30k beatmaps, so it's highly unlikely that'd create an entertaining voting environment.
I did not think about that. - The list appears with only 10 maps maximum and it is established a sufficient time in order that the players vote (like 20 secs).
Topic Starter
TitaN7_old

Endaris wrote:

Yep, you would have to restrict it to some small mappool that is preselected by the host:
t/400450
So pretty much a duplicate.
I do not think that this is the sufficiently seemed to be call it a duplicate, you cannot call duplicate a post, only for having similarity in one of the characteristics.
GhostFrog
This is probably worse than just rotating host
Mahogany

TitaN7 wrote:

Mahogany wrote:

I did not think about that. - The list appears with only 10 maps maximum and it is established a sufficient time in order that the players vote (like 20 secs).
And quality? A significant portion of my maps would be 2007-2009 shitmaps that would be considered unplayable now.