posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Exa

DylanSan wrote:

hey hey hey

Easy
00:15:677 (1) - Maybe using another slider to make the curve look like a 2 anchor point one, like this
http://puu.sh/pFz0V.jpg Smoothened the curve instead
00:33:302 (3,4) - Maybe this blanket a bit prettier by curving (4) slightly more It'll break curve consistency. Every 1/1 slider has the same curve as a whole.
01:33:302 (1,2) - these are uneven, i guess they are supposed to be even?

Maybe bump hp to 3?

nice, teach me to map easies pls

Normal
00:19:053 (1,2) - maybe make these to sliders exactly same? copy pasta (1) then ctrl+g i mean It'd break the DS so nope.
00:32:553 (3) - nazi http://puu.sh/pFzr8.jpg
00:43:053 (3) - red anchor point might be slightly too far in, maybe bit more to the left to make it blanket nicer
00:54:678 (2,1) - Nazi blanket fix
00:54:678 (2,1) - maybe use same trick i described in easy, here its harder to notice, but even still http://puu.sh/pFzAl.jpg I think you got the wrong time
01:15:678 (2,1) - Nazi blanket fix

Nice

Hard
01:02:176 (1) - I know you are trying to nc on big white tick, but its in a tripple, maybe starting nc one later? nah that'd make the combo way too big and also inconsistent with the other section

I am not qualified to mod hard yet, idk even how to map hard

Insane
00:32:552 (3) - maybe use a 1/4th slider instead? it sounds kinda the same as 00:31:052 (7) -
01:17:177 (2,3,4) - This sounds like a tripple and a very faint sound 1/4th after it, maybe show that in the distance too like some other parts like thishttp://puu.sh/pFAmk.jpg nop, 00:31:052 (7) - is the same and there's a kick slider.
or removing 01:17:458 (5) - could work too a subtle sound like this one doesn't deserve that much spacing, it would also be quite the spike
01:32:552 (3) - This too like 01:31:052 (7) - as i mentioned earlier same
01:38:552 (3) - ^ same

Hope
Nice sb :D

I cant mod this >.< sorry i am not very good yet (or this diff is just rlly good lmao)
Arphimigon
fuk iz thiz even worth modding so much red sea

Either way, I'd add epilepsy warning cuz of the pulses, epilepsy comes from pulsing too, not just flashes

PS:

Modding Assistant wrote:

Audio file bitrate is too high.
PandorA.mp3 319kbps
Check on that xd

[Hope]
You are mapping stream jumps to the clap like sound, so, technically speaking, 00:11:364 (9) - this should be a stream jump, you are going for a full technical map, right?
00:12:957 (3,4) - These are the kinds of reasons sadly that full technical mapping ssucks, stream jumps when all the strong musical power has gone down? That SUCKS to play in a less powerful section, and makes the entire previous ssection seem as powerful as this. Want to keep it technical? Maybe this entire calmer, less powerful section should have lower spacing to go along with the lower overall power. (00:12:677 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15) - those 2 streamz mainly the next are fine)
00:15:677 (3,4,5,6,7) - Higher pitch, increase spacing!
00:17:552 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Two instruments playing at once, with a lot of cool ssoundz going on, and lowest sspacing?
00:21:864 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1) - I can see you are trying to make the last 5 lower spaced but come ON you don't need to make it happen THAT fast! It makes it super weird to hit! Fuk this is gonna end red too lakjlFUK
00:29:552 (1,2,3,4,5) - I don't care on what your idea of "technical" is, these are NOT AS POWERFUL AS 00:21:864 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - or atleast, not similar in fashion. The punchiness of these notes makes them feel more like snaps anyway, how about making them a zig-zag 1/4 pattern, would suit the sound much better.
00:37:427 (1,2,1) - Screw this weird spacing in particular, its so weirdly low and you can see that next slider by the time you hit the note, and that makes it annoying to wait to hit with that 0spacing
00:39:302 (5,6) - Explain this stack. Low, inaudible sound? Well 00:38:739 (3) - and 00:39:864 (6) - have the same sound but 00:38:552 (2,3) - isn't stacked
00:50:364 (3,4) - Nazi not perfect straight line
00:53:270 - Missed sound much
Sorry I'm getting so triggered now that the kiai streams have no spacing increase from the piano-only no-wub parts too and the stream jumps are also the same size as the non-kiai parts, but the kiai sounds are way more powerful in every sense, the piano is stronger AND there is stronger wubby sounds, but nope, same spacing.
01:21:677 (3,4,5,6,7) - Higher spacing higher pitch!
Incase u noticed I modded this on a really BAD DAY but still, I feel perssonally inssulted u call diz full TECHNICAL MAPPIN without thinking about EVERYTHING WHY AM I TRIGGERED SO MUCH plz dont treat this mod seriously FUK

w/e I'm triggered
Topic Starter
Exa

Arphimigon wrote:

fuk iz thiz even worth modding so much red sea I can make it blue :^)

Either way, I'd add epilepsy warning cuz of the pulses, epilepsy comes from pulsing too, not just flashes Will check on that

PS:

Modding Assistant wrote:

Audio file bitrate is too high.
PandorA.mp3 319kbps
Check on that xd Yea ik I just don't want to get rid of it until the very last second

[Hope]
You are mapping stream jumps to the clap like sound, so, technically speaking, 00:11:364 (9) - this should be a stream jump, you are going for a full technical map, right? Stream jump is from nothing to snare, this is from snare to kick... Hence the change in rhythm.
00:12:957 (3,4) - These are the kinds of reasons sadly that full technical mapping ssucks, stream jumps when all the strong musical power has gone down? That SUCKS to play in a less powerful section, and makes the entire previous ssection seem as powerful as this. Want to keep it technical? Maybe this entire calmer, less powerful section should have lower spacing to go along with the lower overall power. (00:12:677 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15) - those 2 streamz mainly the next are fine) Split streams are a characteristic of this map I just can't let the player forget about before the chorus. There is enough individual tension on these beats to support a split stream as there is both a high and a low piano note there, as well as due to the fact that this is the beginning of the section, hence why a little extra movement won't hurt.
00:15:677 (3,4,5,6,7) - Higher pitch, increase spacing! For the sake of simplicity, I am keeping the spacing steady unless something every major happens. However I DO manipulate the player velocity a bit by using the split stream (along with the reasoning from before).
00:17:552 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Two instruments playing at once, with a lot of cool ssoundz going on, and lowest sspacing? It doesn't matter if it's lower or higher as long as I change the spacing. I chose lower to match the relative calmness of the section, as well as to create some sort of "slingshot" effect, since that's how I perceive this particular sound.
00:21:864 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,1) - I can see you are trying to make the last 5 lower spaced but come ON you don't need to make it happen THAT fast! It makes it super weird to hit! Fuk this is gonna end red too lakjlFUK Wrong and wrong. 1) I can't do otherwise since I already lower movement on this air-releasing sound in every other occasion and every testplayer that was supposed to be able to complete this pattern managed it very well. Hell, even I can do it if I could stream up until there. 2)It's blue ;3
00:29:552 (1,2,3,4,5) - I don't care on what your idea of "technical" is, these are NOT AS POWERFUL AS 00:21:864 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - or atleast, not similar in fashion. The punchiness of these notes makes them feel more like snaps anyway, how about making them a zig-zag 1/4 pattern, would suit the sound much better. Their positioning, their direction, the movement they propose as well as the transition to them is all different from the other occasion. The only thing that stays the same is the spacing. Even in your suggestion, I assume you wanted me to keep the spacing steady but just go with a zig-zag... Thing is the mapping area is a bitch and even if I wanted to do so, I wouldn't be able to
00:37:427 (1,2,1) - Screw this weird spacing in particular, its so weirdly low and you can see that next slider by the time you hit the note, and that makes it annoying to wait to hit with that 0spacing Don't be impatient? ;3 This map is targeted for people who can read a basic spacing change. There are plenty of reasons why this is ok so no change.
00:39:302 (5,6) - Explain this stack. Low, inaudible sound? Well 00:38:739 (3) - and 00:39:864 (6) - have the same sound but 00:38:552 (2,3) - isn't stacked This note was not even there on the initial design, this is where a mod goes against another mod.. The sounds are definitely not the same and this one is far less prominent than the one before. If it's mentioned once again, I will remove it.
00:50:364 (3,4) - Nazi not perfect straight line
00:53:270 - Missed sound much There's also a sound 00:51:395 - here and 00:51:583 - here and 00:39:958 - here and 00:03:958 - here! If I were to map every single sound the whole thing would be a huge stream. I map the sounds that I find most prominent and mappworthy according to their surroundings.
Sorry I'm getting so triggered now that the kiai streams have no spacing increase from the piano-only no-wub parts too and the stream jumps are also the same size as the non-kiai parts, but the kiai sounds are way more powerful in every sense, the piano is stronger AND there is stronger wubby sounds, but nope, same spacing.Kiai streams have same spacing as non-kiai kep. I have no idea what you mean with "wub parts"... I used so many different velocities and movements in the kiai that you would never be able to do outside of it so I have no idea what else you want... low streamz
01:21:677 (3,4,5,6,7) - Higher spacing higher pitch! same as before.. Why not higher pitch lower spacing? I know that if I am listening and tapping to a piano song and some low pitch part comes up I will start tapping more lightly, giving less emphasis to the higher pitch.
Incase u noticed I modded this on a really BAD DAY but still, I feel perssonally inssulted u call diz full TECHNICAL MAPPIN without thinking about EVERYTHING WHY AM I TRIGGERED SO MUCH plz dont treat this mod seriously FUK I think you've misunderstood what technical mapping is ;^) I could keep the whole thing with steady DS and it could still be technical.

w/e I'm triggered ily. Granted, I still adjusted more than a few things.
HappyRocket88
Hi hi! Modding upon your request. :3

[Easy]
  1. Why HP 3? :( While it is on the range of setting of the standard Easy, I guess HP3 is somehow high considering the drain of the sliders that you managed in this difficulty. Hence, reducing it to 2 would fit this difficulty the best. What do you think?
  2. 00:06:302 (1,2) - I'm afraid I disagree with the rhythm you gave to this pattern. The issue is that leaving empty spaces on 3/2 feel somehow awkward due to how the previous pattern 00:03:302 (1,2) - followed the violin mainly. Hence, I think it would improve significantly the rhythm if you placed this slider 00:07:427 (2) - here 00:07:239 - to allow beginners approach this piano-rhythm more intuitively. Then, you can manually extend it until here 00:07:802 - as it was previously.
  3. 00:09:302 (1,2) - Something similar occurs here. While I di see what you intended to do here, the beat-rhythm placement isn't leading players to know what instruments is being following here at the first sight and, knowing this is the lowest diff, I think we should focus on easy-to-read patterns instead of separating the notes with those 3/2 empty. Therefore, what about if we highlight the drums here nicely without missing the piano-sound here instead? For example, for this pattern 00:09:302 (1,2,3) - you use rather this rhythm to emphasize intuitively the drums and go hand by hand with the piano structure built in this section.
  4. 00:13:052 (2,3) - While I do admire the blanket you just have done here, I'm afraid the transition that these two slider makes is a good idea. The way I see things, the flow given to this section might mislead the good flow you've been building up until now due to the awkward shape that players must do to follow this slider 00:14:177 (3) - with their cursor. How about if we rotate 00:14:177 (3) - this by 20 grades to develop a nicer flow here?
  5. 00:30:114 (3) - 01:36:114 (5) - These two circles are way too much for a beginner player who isn't aware of the rhythm created to follow the single piano tiles in both sections. The problem is that a player who first plays this difficulty wouldn't know why those two beats are highlighted only when there are other section which deserve way more those circles but for some reason they don't. Therefore, I think it would be way better if you removed those circles to simplify in a more appropriated way the rhythm here.
  6. 00:32:552 (2,3,4) - These objects don't pay bad but the flow is somehow stuck when it comes to follow where the next sliders are. Moreover, the way how object transits to each other doesn't give to the players the idea of how this should be structured according to how you've been building up the flow in an intuitive way until now. Therefore, Why don't we try this pattern maybe to improve nicely the flow among those objects?
  7. 00:52:802 (1,1,1) - o-o Keep in mind this is an Easy difficulty and these kind of NC patterns might confuse players due to it's not consistent throughout the entire difficulty. For this I suggest to add NC here 00:51:302 (3) - and remove the NC here 00:52:802 (1) -
  8. 00:56:177 (2) - Missing hitsound of the slider-head? o: What about a finish here?
  9. 01:01:052 (1,2) - Similar issue with the 3/2 gap. This is only a suggestion, but what about if we make this slider 01:01:052 (1) - to repeat once? In this way, this beat 01:02:177 - will be highlighted nicely and will avoid the slider goes into an arrhythmical flow. Like this, try it! \ :D /
  10. 01:03:302 (1,1) - Same issue here. I see what you tried to do here, it flows well but the rhythm is rather confused thinking on a perspective of a player who doesn't identify properly these rhythms. Hence, I think it would be better if you made it 1/1 rhythm instead to simply nicely the rhythm here and allow players to don't miss up their basis of rhythm-structure that you gave to this segment.
  11. 01:31:802 (3,4) - This doesn't flow bad but what about if you do ctrl + G here to develop a more intuitive flow here? The way I see it, I'm afraid players would mislead the nicer flow you've created here when they arrive to click this pattern 01:32:552 (4,1) - due to the transition isn't letting players to go smoothly to the next pattern. Therefore, by doing Ctr + G on these ones 01:31:802 (3,4) - it's highly probably players would approach this flow easier comparing the flow on how it is currently.
  12. 01:38:552 (4,5) - Perhaps you didn't try out to make a blanket here but I guess it would hurt no one if you made it look more curve referring it to this slider 01:39:302 (5) - Give it a try! :3
  13. 01:46:802 (1,2) - Same thing of the flow here. This one looks somewhat forced compared with the others hat, at the end, just would lead into awkward flow due to the flow isn't really approachable to beginner standards. What about if we tried up this flow to fix it up regarding this pattern?
  14. 01:52:052 (3) - Place this one here 256|184 to improve the flow here. As it is now, it feels rather weird to go up when the previous slider suggests actually to go down or horizontally.
[Normal]
  1. I'm afraid I disagree with the grade of difficulty you decided to go for this Normal. As it is now, it doesn't play as a Normal at all due to the sliders snapped to 1/4, the high spacing used and these minor jumps used to highlight the patterns in the entire diff make this Normal to play as a Hard/Advanced instead. Hence, I do believe renaming it to any of both names I already mentioned would fit the best over the difficulty.
  2. I'm sorry but OD 3.4 doesn't represents the overall density of this difficulty in all the word sense. That value is rather low compared to how players must react to the patterning you created over the whole difficulty. Hence, I do believe increasing it to 4.5 or 5 would make more sense according to how this difficulty plays.
  3. 01:26:178 (2) - Slider borders must never be covered up from the slider being packed in too tightly. While I do see your point at trying to make a nice blanket there, this just seems really crumpled and odd.
  4. 00:05:927 (3) - Ctrl + G here maybe? Unless you blatantly want to follow DS, you can place minor jumps among this difficulty and I do think this one would fit well the segment.
  5. 00:08:177 (1) - Is this slider extended by purpose? Because it would be better if you did the same over the previous pattern knowing that both section are rather similar 00:05:927 (3,1) -
  6. I have nothing else to say about this difficulty. XDDD I really liked the way you mapped it despite I think some flows could get improved a bit to develop a nicer transition among the objects like 00:26:365 (2,3) - 00:42:115 (4,1) - etc but I guess that's up to your style. :3
[Hard]
  1. Please, increase the OD. ;w; 4.6 is... too low. D:
  2. 00:42:677 (2,3) - By un-stacking them, you'll avoid having this stuck motion that teh stack gives and as long as you didn't do it in the previous pattern, it would be better if you could place them like this to keep the curve movement that you've been creating until now:
  3. 01:58:427 (7) - You can switch this for a circle since there's no prominent sound to highlight here 01:58:520 -
[]
Hope it helps! Have a star ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ
Topic Starter
Exa

HappyRocket88 wrote:

Hi hi! Modding upon your request. :3

[Easy]
  1. Why HP 3? :( While it is on the range of setting of the standard Easy, I guess HP3 is somehow high considering the drain of the sliders that you managed in this difficulty. Hence, reducing it to 2 would fit this difficulty the best. What do you think? The drain gap between the easy and the normal would be too much. New combo's are frequent enough to allow many HP regains.
  2. 00:06:302 (1,2) - I'm afraid I disagree with the rhythm you gave to this pattern. The issue is that leaving empty spaces on 3/2 feel somehow awkward due to how the previous pattern 00:03:302 (1,2) - followed the violin mainly. Hence, I think it would improve significantly the rhythm if you placed this slider 00:07:427 (2) - here 00:07:239 - to allow beginners approach this piano-rhythm more intuitively. Then, you can manually extend it until here 00:07:802 - as it was previously. I don't see your point. This whole section is filled with 3/2 for the sake of simplicity and mapping exclusively to the kick.
  3. 00:09:302 (1,2) - Something similar occurs here. While I di see what you intended to do here, the beat-rhythm placement isn't leading players to know what instruments is being following here at the first sight and, knowing this is the lowest diff, I think we should focus on easy-to-read patterns instead of separating the notes with those 3/2 empty. Therefore, what about if we highlight the drums here nicely without missing the piano-sound here instead? For example, for this pattern 00:09:302 (1,2,3) - you use rather this rhythm to emphasize intuitively the drums and go hand by hand with the piano structure built in this section. Thing is I am not following any instrument cause they are too wild and complex for newbies. I am simply going along with the kick which is the most consistent and prominent sounds in this section.
    Were I to use this rhythm, there would be a 1/2 gap. Which is overly super extremely rare in this difficulty for the sake of simplicity. I am not adding a 1/2 time gap here as it would also be inconsistent with the other rhythms.
  4. 00:13:052 (2,3) - While I do admire the blanket you just have done here, I'm afraid the transition that these two slider makes is a good idea. The way I see things, the flow given to this section might mislead the good flow you've been building up until now due to the awkward shape that players must do to follow this slider 00:14:177 (3) - with their cursor. How about if we rotate 00:14:177 (3) - this by 20 grades to develop a nicer flow here? I see nothing wrong with this pattern. The shapes are overly basic (no red anchors and crazy stuff like that) and the movement is as user-friendly as possible. I will get some testplays from new people and see if this really deserves a change. (It will also look too ugly and hard to read if I rotate it by 20 degrees due to the overlap)
  5. 00:30:114 (3) - 01:36:114 (5) - These two circles are way too much for a beginner player who isn't aware of the rhythm created to follow the single piano tiles in both sections. The problem is that a player who first plays this difficulty wouldn't know why those two beats are highlighted only when there are other section which deserve way more those circles but for some reason they don't. Therefore, I think it would be way better if you removed those circles to simplify in a more appropriated way the rhythm here. I figured someone would say this, although I am simply trying to build up difficulty for a nice transition to the normal, this might indeed be too much.
  6. 00:32:552 (2,3,4) - These objects don't pay bad but the flow is somehow stuck when it comes to follow where the next sliders are. Moreover, the way how object transits to each other doesn't give to the players the idea of how this should be structured according to how you've been building up the flow in an intuitive way until now. Therefore, Why don't we try this pattern maybe to improve nicely the flow among those objects?
    Although I agree with your reasoning there's a greater reason as to why I am going to keep it. I have to somehow "break the usual flow here" so as to be able to make the transition to the section that comes right after without making the change in rhythm and pace too unexpected. Also the pattern you suggested uses a red anchor which simply doesn't fit in such a calm part, but without it, the pattern will look more like a chain of objects.
  7. 00:52:802 (1,1,1) - o-o Keep in mind this is an Easy difficulty and these kind of NC patterns might confuse players due to it's not consistent throughout the entire difficulty. For this I suggest to add NC here 00:51:302 (3) - and remove the NC here 00:52:802 (1) - Egh I'd like to nc where the music notably changes but for the sake of readability, I changed the ncs.
  8. 00:56:177 (2) - Missing hitsound of the slider-head? o: What about a finish here? Nope, there is neither a kick nor a snare there.
  9. 01:01:052 (1,2) - Similar issue with the 3/2 gap. This is only a suggestion, but what about if we make this slider 01:01:052 (1) - to repeat once? In this way, this beat 01:02:177 - will be highlighted nicely and will avoid the slider goes into an arrhythmical flow. Like this, try it! \ :D /
    I am sorry but that would just ruin the actual rhythm that I have to represent just for the sake of playability. There have been 3/2 gaps before all for the sake of supporting each other along with this one in the kiai. Again, I will get testplays and change it if I see people strugling.
  10. 01:03:302 (1,1) - Same issue here. I see what you tried to do here, it flows well but the rhythm is rather confused thinking on a perspective of a player who doesn't identify properly these rhythms. Hence, I think it would be better if you made it 1/1 rhythm instead to simply nicely the rhythm here and allow players to don't miss up their basis of rhythm-structure that you gave to this segment. Welp, same reasoning as above.
  11. 01:31:802 (3,4) - This doesn't flow bad but what about if you do ctrl + G here to develop a more intuitive flow here? The way I see it, I'm afraid players would mislead the nicer flow you've created here when they arrive to click this pattern 01:32:552 (4,1) - due to the transition isn't letting players to go smoothly to the next pattern. Therefore, by doing Ctr + G on these ones 01:31:802 (3,4) - it's highly probably players would approach this flow easier comparing the flow on how it is currently. This acts more like a repeat slider where a player will always have to go to the reverse point to even thing of leaving the slider to transit onto the next. Either way the slider ball is big enough to allow any kind of transition.
  12. 01:38:552 (4,5) - Perhaps you didn't try out to make a blanket here but I guess it would hurt no one if you made it look more curve referring it to this slider 01:39:302 (5) - Give it a try! :3 Rip aesthetic consistency ;w;
  13. 01:46:802 (1,2) - Same thing of the flow here. This one looks somewhat forced compared with the others hat, at the end, just would lead into awkward flow due to the flow isn't really approachable to beginner standards. What about if we tried up this flow to fix it up regarding this pattern? Egh sorry but the pattern you suggested uses a red anchor which is a big no-no here ;w; and I don't see how that flow is anywhere near hard, if anything I think snappy flow is actually easier to play. I did however ease up the flow a bit by moving 1 a bit to the left and 2 a bit to the right.
  14. 01:52:052 (3) - Place this one here 256|184 to improve the flow here. As it is now, it feels rather weird to go up when the previous slider suggests actually to go down or horizontally.
I've used this flow waaay too much to be hard or weird at this point. Also your suggestion creates an ugly overlap so I'm keeping this.
[Normal]
  1. I'm afraid I disagree with the grade of difficulty you decided to go for this Normal. As it is now, it doesn't play as a Normal at all due to the sliders snapped to 1/4, the high spacing used and these minor jumps used to highlight the patterns in the entire diff make this Normal to play as a Hard/Advanced instead. Hence, I do believe renaming it to any of both names I already mentioned would fit the best over the difficulty. The name is the least I am worried about. This is the normal difficulty for this set without comparing it to others. It's a little bit harder for the sake of making a nice transition to the hard which uses streams and stuff.
  2. I'm sorry but OD 3.4 doesn't represents the overall density of this difficulty in all the word sense. That value is rather low compared to how players must react to the patterning you created over the whole difficulty. Hence, I do believe increasing it to 4.5 or 5 would make more sense according to how this difficulty plays. Egh yeah you are right, changed it to 4.2
  3. 01:26:178 (2) - Slider borders must never be covered up from the slider being packed in too tightly. While I do see your point at trying to make a nice blanket there, this just seems really crumpled and odd. Made the borders clearly visible.
  4. 00:05:927 (3) - Ctrl + G here maybe? Unless you blatantly want to follow DS, you can place minor jumps among this difficulty and I do think this one would fit well the segment. Nah, the DS is supposed to be steady throughout all of it.
  5. 00:08:177 (1) - Is this slider extended by purpose? Because it would be better if you did the same over the previous pattern knowing that both section are rather similar 00:05:927 (3,1) - Yup it's extended on purpose to emphasize the only time the rhythm: kick-snare-kick appears in the whole song. Also the music gets a bit crazy "due to" that rhythm so using a 1/4 time gap just works.
  6. I have nothing else to say about this difficulty. XDDD I really liked the way you mapped it despite I think some flows could get improved a bit to develop a nicer transition among the objects like 00:26:365 (2,3) - 00:42:115 (4,1) - etc but I guess that's up to your style. :3 Snappy flow best flow when it fits ;3
[Hard]
  1. Please, increase the OD. ;w; 4.6 is... too low. D: Did 5.4 D:
  2. 00:42:677 (2,3) - By un-stacking them, you'll avoid having this stuck motion that teh stack gives and as long as you didn't do it in the previous pattern, it would be better if you could place them like this to keep the curve movement that you've been creating until now:
    But I want the player to stop here ;w; the steadiness makes the transition to the "different sounding" slider more intense which is exactly what I am going for.
  3. 01:58:427 (7) - You can switch this for a circle since there's no prominent sound to highlight here 01:58:520 - Keeping it consistent with 00:52:427 (6) -
[]
Hope it helps! Have a star ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ O thanks a bunch >.<
Sonnyc
[easy]
01:39:302 (5) - 00:28:802 (1) - combo inconsistency i guess.
[normal]
00:08:176 (1,2) - Introducing 1/4 concept in normal already, while easy barely had 1/2? I don't think it's a good idea to me..
00:16:613 (2) - minor spacing.
00:29:458 (2,3) - 01:35:458 (2,3) - Well the 1/4 sliders COULD work if you hardly insist, but I definitely think this is out of the range.
00:37:427 (1) - 01:43:427 (1) - For all diffs, you seemed to be using a 3/4 extended slider. But there's a really strong beat at 00:37:614 in the music. It feels rather weird to completely ignore that. Similar case like 00:47:927 (1) rather worked better, because the ignored beat wasn't as strong as that part. These two sliders were the most annoying ones that I'd like you to consider a fix.
[hard]
00:21:302 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - 01:27:302 (1,2,3,4) - So, you decided to use the exactly same pattern twice. It could be a nice decision if the music is similar enough, but in this case, the ending rhythm of the 1/4 sliders have a big difference. You tried to make a difference by using volume settings, but that wasn't effective since you used the same pattern afterall. Music is different. The thing you need to do here is variation in the actual patterns.
01:05:177 (5) - A rotated slider usage of 01:04:802 (4) while the music is different? Again, express the music better please. Or at least don't repeat the same pattern you've done right before when the music is slightly different. 01:17:177 (6) You've done well here.
[insane]
00:55:802 (5) - 01:07:802 (5) - Consider NC. This linear slider pattern is different from the previous 00:55:052 (1,2,3,4) pattern.
[hope]
00:05:270 (4,5) - There were several stream with this such settings. It might work, but dividing with a new combo will look better in visual and readability.
00:37:145 - 01:43:145 - Seems a note could work here according to the song,,
00:55:802 (5) - 01:07:802 (5) - same with insane.
01:17:458 (6) - The beat here doesn't feel loud as 01:17:177 (3,4,5) to get equally expressed as a note imo.

Bye.
Hpocks
salty ass mod

[General]
I hate this SB. The color changing makes no sesne and the effect look like crap alone. Also it is stupid because you only put it on one difficulty

[Easy]
00:03:302 (1,2) - These kind of gaps/spacing are unacceptable tbh. I couldnt even read them. I suggest you get rid of them and all other ones like this one. I dont care if the DS works for it, it just plays poorly and is a convienantly placed rake for new players to completely mess up on. I know you will disagree and that you will say the od will cushion it, but im putting in my two cents for when other people (bns, qats) are up your ass about it.
00:10:427 (2) - This would look better if you rotated it 6 degrees. It would blanket (do I even call this a blanket?) 00:09:302 (1) - better
00:17:552 (3) - The red points in the slider should line up with the ticks in the slider so the slider actually moves up and down with the ticks.
00:20:177 (2) - ^
00:06:302 (1) - ^
00:15:677 (1) - ^
00:29:552 (2) - ^
00:30:302 (1) - This one does it right actually. Follow this as an example if you dont understand what I mean. Actually, throughout the rest of this song, you seem to do it right. Ill just continue to point them out though to make this mod look longer than it is
00:55:052 (1) - ^
00:58:802 (2) - ^, yes, im being very picky
01:21:677 (1) - ^
01:23:552 (3) - Definately here ^
01:43:052 (3) - I dont like the shape of this slider. It doesnt seem to properly blanket 01:41:927 (2) -
01:57:302 (3) - The three middle points arent symmetrical with eachother. Move the second to last white piece to 140, 248, and the second one to 100, 272
02:00:302 (1) - TBH too loud. lol

kds plz kappas
Topic Starter
Exa

Sonnyc wrote:

[easy]
01:39:302 (5) - 00:28:802 (1) - combo inconsistency i guess.
[normal]
00:08:176 (1,2) - Introducing 1/4 concept in normal already, while easy barely had 1/2? I don't think it's a good idea to me.. I have to introduce 1/4 at some point or else how am I gonna build up the difficulty to insane's streams :|
00:16:613 (2) - minor spacing.
00:29:458 (2,3) - 01:35:458 (2,3) - Well the 1/4 sliders COULD work if you hardly insist, but I definitely think this is out of the range. Every diff has some sort of a spike there, the music changes dramatically after all so I'm just following it.
00:37:427 (1) - 01:43:427 (1) - For all diffs, you seemed to be using a 3/4 extended slider. But there's a really strong beat at 00:37:614 in the music. It feels rather weird to completely ignore that. Similar case like 00:47:927 (1) rather worked better, because the ignored beat wasn't as strong as that part. These two sliders were the most annoying ones that I'd like you to consider a fix. Being such a rare and extremely prominent sound, I am sacrificing the violin/ piano beats to map this. If I didn't compromise like that, the whole diff would be full of 1/2s, making it impossible to transit onto harder difficulties.
[hard]
00:21:302 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - 01:27:302 (1,2,3,4) - So, you decided to use the exactly same pattern twice. It could be a nice decision if the music is similar enough, but in this case, the ending rhythm of the 1/4 sliders have a big difference. You tried to make a difference by using volume settings, but that wasn't effective since you used the same pattern afterall. Music is different. The thing you need to do here is variation in the actual patterns. The is quite subjective and even though I agree that the sound is not EXACTLY the same, I am going to keep these as they are for the sake of simplicity and ease in reading and reacting to such a hard rhythm. (I did not use volume differences, I just silenced the slider tail that had no beat on it)
01:05:177 (5) - A rotated slider usage of 01:04:802 (4) while the music is different? Again, express the music better please. Or at least don't repeat the same pattern you've done right before when the music is slightly different. 01:17:177 (6) You've done well here.
[insane]
00:55:802 (5) - 01:07:802 (5) - Consider NC. This linear slider pattern is different from the previous 00:55:052 (1,2,3,4) pattern. It's only a bit different so as to nicely transit onto the next pattern. It's still part of the same pattern.
[hope]
00:05:270 (4,5) - There were several stream with this such settings. It might work, but dividing with a new combo will look better in visual and readability. I disagree, I think adding a new combo on stream splits only differentiates the streams to the point where a player might confuse them to be different patterns and have larger time gap between them. Having them the same combo/ color makes it obvious that they belong in the same pattern.
00:37:145 - 01:43:145 - Seems a note could work here according to the song,, And 00:53:270 - here and 00:52:333 - here and 00:36:020 - here. If I were to map every single beat the whole thing we be a huge stream. No change for the sake of fun and diversity as well as lack of prominency.
00:55:802 (5) - 01:07:802 (5) - same with insane. They are part of the same pattern.
01:17:458 (6) - The beat here doesn't feel loud as 01:17:177 (3,4,5) to get equally expressed as a note imo. Placing it anywhere else would make one of the must uncomfortable patterns ever. Keeping it cause I'd ruin the well-made triplet before.

Bye. Hello.

Hpocks wrote:

salty ass mod

[General]
I hate this SB. The color changing makes no sesne and the effect look like crap alone. Also it is stupid because you only put it on one difficulty. It will be added on more difficulties and the color changes according to the combo color ;3

[Easy]
00:03:302 (1,2) - These kind of gaps/spacing are unacceptable tbh. I couldnt even read them. I suggest you get rid of them and all other ones like this one. I dont care if the DS works for it, it just plays poorly and is a convienantly placed rake for new players to completely mess up on. I know you will disagree and that you will say the od will cushion it, but im putting in my two cents for when other people (bns, qats) are up your ass about it. 3/2 gaps are a key characteristic of both the music and the map. Nothing wrong with actually following the rhythm for a change.
00:10:427 (2) - This would look better if you rotated it 6 degrees. It would blanket (do I even call this a blanket?) 00:09:302 (1) - better The blanket could indeed be better. Rotated by -1°.
00:17:552 (3) - The red points in the slider should line up with the ticks in the slider so the slider actually moves up and down with the ticks. It'd look ugly. The one point where it needs to line up is the white tick and it does.
00:20:177 (2) - ^ It does line up.
00:06:302 (1) - ^ It'd look ugly and the change of angle wouldn't be as obvious.
00:15:677 (1) - ^ It does line up.
00:29:552 (2) - ^ It'd look really ugly, red anchors do line up with the blue ticks tho.
00:30:302 (1) - This one does it right actually. Follow this as an example if you dont understand what I mean. Actually, throughout the rest of this song, you seem to do it right. Ill just continue to point them out though to make this mod look longer than it is Kep
00:55:052 (1) - ^ Lines up on the minor "clap"?
00:58:802 (2) - ^, yes, im being very picky Are there any actual issues you'd like to point out lmao. Adjusted it a bit though.
01:21:677 (1) - ^ Dude
01:23:552 (3) - Definately here ^ It'd be asymmetrical. Go to peppy for complains, not me. Did adjust it a bit though, rip perfect symmetry.
01:43:052 (3) - I dont like the shape of this slider. It doesnt seem to properly blanket 01:41:927 (2) - what
01:57:302 (3) - The three middle points arent symmetrical with eachother. Move the second to last white piece to 140, 248, and the second one to 100, 272 They should be perfect now.
02:00:302 (1) - TBH too loud. lol The music is loud tho?

kds plz kappas /:D/
Thievley
Hey dude! when you reject please use #8080FF so that I feel a teensy bit better; a sea of my favorite color would help me cry less

[General]

1. Just AiMod things but you probably already know
  2. not a big fan of the storyboard tbh
[Easy]
  1. 00:12:302 so I get that you're following the technical patterns of the piano, but I don't completely agree with how you mapped important downbeats in this section with slider ends and slider ticks. Like, the music has moving chords in the background that you can map to that align with the runs in the piano, I don't think it's necessary to map the technical stuff and sacrifice the emphasis of those beats
    00:13:052 (2) - you ended the slider on a big white tick, but I think the beat deserves more emphasis than that. I think a better rhythm for the part before it anyways would be making a series of 1/1 sliders to match the moving piano chords in the background. So shortening 00:13:052 (2) - to a 1/1 slider and then adding a 1/1 slider 00:13:052 here would be more fitting imo, rhythms like that. 00:14:177 and tbh a note here is needed because you mapped that same sound in 00:13:052 (2) and it's weird not seeing it mapped with a clickable object
  2. 01:18:302 (1) - ^you do it in this section as well, so i'll give you credit for staying consistent with it, but just some suggestions
  3. 00:18:677 (4) - nc
  4. 00:19:052 (1) - remove nc
  5. 00:25:802 (1) - remove nc
  6. 00:27:302 (1) - nc
  7. 00:28:802 (3) - remove nc
  8. 00:31:802 (3) - nc
  9. 00:33:302 (5) - nc
  10. I only point out these nc's because you started off with nc'ing every 8 beats, but then you went off and it became inconsistent
  11. 00:51:302 (3) - nc
  12. 01:24:677 (4) - nc
  13. 01:25:052 (1) - remove nc
  14. 01:39:302 (5) - nc!
  15. 01:44:177 a repeating 1/1 slider here would be better as well, rather than just a slider tick. emphasizing beats like this with clickable notes would be good.
  16. 01:50:177 (1) - this would be better as a circle, since that's what you put here 01:43:802 (1)
  17. 01:50:177 (1) - adding a 1/1 slider here would work better imo rather than just combining all these beats together in one slider. tbh, a slider tick doesn't seem like enough because it is not clickable.
  18. 01:57:302 (1) - aaand nc
nice diff though!

[Normal]

1. spacing is significantly higher than easy i would maybe lower it
  2. 00:08:177 (1) - not really fond of this slider that extends to 1/4, especially when it's not needed and nothing really foreshadows it, plus this is a normal diff, I don't think bringing in 1/4 is necessary yet either way
  3. 00:11:928 (1) - lmfao that whistle scared me but it's because i wasn't using default skin lol
  4. 00:11:928 (1,2) - again, 1/4 is not necessary here
  5. 00:14:177 (3) - circle here would be better imo
  6. 00:14:177 - this beat deserves a clickable object, 1/1 slider would be good
  7. 00:15:677 (1) - a circle here would be better
  8. 00:15:677 - 1/1 slider here would be better, in this section, unlike the easy you can emphasize more beats
  9. 00:16:614 (2,3) - you emphasize these but don't emphasize important beats before it^
  10. 00:20:178 (2) - circle followed by 1/1 slider would be better (just like the suggestions above lol)
  11. 01:18:678 - this section is similar so maybe take these suggestions here as well
  12. 00:56:740 (4) - nc
  13. 00:59:740 (4) - nc, remove nc on next object
  14. 01:02:553 skipping that drum beat sounded sort of off to me, maybe shorten the slider?
  15. 01:04:240 (1) - making this a repeating 1/2 slider sounds better than just skipping over those distinct beats
  16. 01:16:240 (1) - ^
  17. 01:18:303 (2) - nc you baka
  18. 01:35:459 (2,3) - aaaaaaaa, this doesn't seem like a good idea
  19. 01:43:803 (2) - nc
  20. 01:52:803 (4) - nc
  21. 01:53:178 (5,6) - I'd ctrl+g these and then flip of course, feels like it suits the music better (yes mapping a slider head on a red tick OooOooO)
this normal plays more like an advanced diff with those 1/4 patterns here and there plus the spacing, I'd suggest adding another difficulty to maybe close the gap? shrug

[Hard]

1. 00:12:302 (2) - nc
  2. 00:13:427 (4,5,6) - you mapped the 1/4 beats of this but not this 00:14:927 (5) ?
  3. 00:22:051 (6,7) - replacing these with a kick slider would be less of a pain to to click
  4. 00:29:552 (1,2,3,4,5) - oh
  5. 00:29:177 (2,3) - you mapped these but not the ones here 00:34:427 (4) - ? I think you should take those out and replace them with something else since the stream follows them
  6. 00:37:802 (2) - why do you keep not nc'ing this when it clearly lands on the first downbeat of the next measure...
  7. 00:48:302 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - so complex for a hard...
  8. 01:34:427 feels weird without a note here
  9. 01:36:677 ^
  10. 01:43:802 (2) - i don't care if you're consistent with it, it's consistently inconsistent XD nc
  11. 01:57:114 (6,7,1) - this is just one example of the many stacks you have, I feel like it would be hard to read for the player this is intended for, maybe space them out a little more
this whole difficulty seems like a light insane, just with smaller spacing aa

[Insane]

1. 00:12:302 (2) - hello darkness my old friend
  2. 00:22:427 (1) - there isn't a beat on the second repeat, so don't map what isn't there, I don't think the repeating kick slider suits that part anyways, since it's more of a hold and then release type part
  3. 00:24:302 (2) - grr, BTW for all of these that ive been pointing out, naturally you'd want to remove the next object you nc'd
  4. I should just stop pointing it out because you're probably rejecting it anyways aaaah, but it doesn't make sense to not nc since as I said above, it's the first beat of the measure, that deserves it's own combo imo
  5. 00:39:302 why not map a note here
  6. 00:43:989 (2) - i think it would be cool if you emphasized this pause by removing this note
  7. 00:53:177 why no note here? it makes more sense to move 00:53:458 (5) there
  8. 01:49:052 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - curving this stream like an s shape would be nice
tbh i think thats about it, you map parts after the kaia time similarly to the way you mapped them before it, so just keep those same things i pointed out in mind
Thievley
I just realized that I may or may not have updated the diffs before writing that mod... most likely the latter... oh jeez

here, have a star to compensate for my mistake and because this mapset is nice (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ
Topic Starter
Exa

Thievley wrote:

Hey dude! when you reject please use #8080FF so that I feel a teensy bit better; a sea of my favorite color would help me cry less

[General]

1. Just AiMod things but you probably already know Yup yup
  2. not a big fan of the storyboard tbh A heart can very well beat at 160 beats per minute ;3
[Easy]
  1. 00:12:302 so I get that you're following the technical patterns of the piano, but I don't completely agree with how you mapped important downbeats in this section with slider ends and slider ticks. Like, the music has moving chords in the background that you can map to that align with the runs in the piano, I don't think it's necessary to map the technical stuff and sacrifice the emphasis of those beats
    00:13:052 (2) - you ended the slider on a big white tick, but I think the beat deserves more emphasis than that. I think a better rhythm for the part before it anyways would be making a series of 1/1 sliders to match the moving piano chords in the background. So shortening 00:13:052 (2) - to a 1/1 slider and then adding a 1/1 slider 00:13:052 here would be more fitting imo, rhythms like that. 00:14:177 and tbh a note here is needed because you mapped that same sound in 00:13:052 (2) and it's weird not seeing it mapped with a clickable object For the sake of simplicity and making this part significantly easier/ calmer to play than the others, I am keeping it as it is. Also what you suggested doesn't really make sense. Every slider I've mapped has a full stream of piano notes in it, making suitable in each instance. Being an easy difficulty, I have to sacrifice some major beats so as to not make the map harder to play. It's a matter of compromising at this point.
  2. 01:18:302 (1) - ^you do it in this section as well, so i'll give you credit for staying consistent with it, but just some suggestions It's the exact same thing, no change.
  3. 00:18:677 (4) - nc Although the rhythm does start one tick later, the combo has indeed become bigger than it should so ye.
  4. 00:19:052 (1) - remove nc ofc
  5. 00:25:802 (1) - remove nc 00:25:802 (1,2,3,4) - This is clearly a whole pattern on it's own. Besides, if I were to remove combo here, I'd have to do so in another instance that really doesn't fit.
  6. 00:27:302 (1) - nc That would be a a direct result of the above.
  7. 00:28:802 (3) - remove nc Down
  8. 00:31:802 (3) - nc Down
  9. 00:33:302 (5) - nc Down
  10. I only point out these nc's because you started off with nc'ing every 8 beats, but then you went off and it became inconsistent True, the only reason I am not following your nc pattern is that at the end I am being left with 00:33:302 (3,4) - as a single combo, while every other combo consists out of 4 objects. In this case I am comboing when the music significantly changes and it works so I don't see why I should change.
  11. 00:51:302 (3) - nc It's already nc'd
  12. 01:24:677 (4) - nc Yep
  13. 01:25:052 (1) - remove nc Yep
  14. 01:39:302 (5) - nc! Same as before, nop.
  15. 01:44:177 a repeating 1/1 slider here would be better as well, rather than just a slider tick. emphasizing beats like this with clickable notes would be good. No for the sake of simplicity as well as diversity, there are a lot of beats that I could be representing but I don't as the difficulty of this map restricts prevents me from doing so.
  16. 01:50:177 (1) - this would be better as a circle, since that's what you put here 01:43:802 (1) You mean 01:49:802 - This would be better off as a circle as that's what I've done before, but I can't add a circle here as that'd mean breaking the previous slider that represents a full stream of notes.
  17. 01:50:177 (1) - adding a 1/1 slider here would work better imo rather than just combining all these beats together in one slider. tbh, a slider tick doesn't seem like enough because it is not clickable. Already used the same slider before and explained why
  18. 01:57:302 (1) - aaand nc AAAaaa this is why I didn't wanna nc the other one :(
nice diff though! όωό

[Normal]

1. spacing is significantly higher than easy i would maybe lower it There has to be a difficulty curve so as to properly build up to insane's stream's level of difficulty.
  2. 00:08:177 (1) - not really fond of this slider that extends to 1/4, especially when it's not needed and nothing really foreshadows it, plus this is a normal diff, I don't think bringing in 1/4 is necessary yet either way This is there because it is necessary, I must introduce 1/4 rhythms now or else the triplets on the hard will be too sudden.
  3. 00:11:928 (1) - lmfao that whistle scared me but it's because i wasn't using default skin lol lmao
  4. 00:11:928 (1,2) - again, 1/4 is not necessary here but it is :(
  5. 00:14:177 (3) - circle here would be better imo Mapping a full stream of notes with this slider, don't wanna break it.
  6. 00:14:177 - this beat deserves a clickable object, 1/1 slider would be good But the player does click there 0_0
  7. 00:15:677 (1) - a circle here would be better I don't see your point, the player clicks on the circle and so do they here, in this case they just keep holding and that's exactly what I am going for.
  8. 00:15:677 - 1/1 slider here would be better, in this section, unlike the easy you can emphasize more beats You just suggested to use a circle :| Although I can emphasize more beats (which I do) I still want to keep this section relatively easy due to how calm this part is.
  9. 00:16:614 (2,3) - you emphasize these but don't emphasize important beats before it^ Cause the music changes significantly, allowing me for a bit more diversity.
  10. 00:20:178 (2) - circle followed by 1/1 slider would be better (just like the suggestions above lol) Egh, your rhythm suggestion would make the whole thing much harder than it already is. And it's hard enough already...
  11. 01:18:678 - this section is similar so maybe take these suggestions here as well It's the exact same (in terms of rhythm)
  12. 00:56:740 (4) - nc One combo from wub to wub, otherwise it would be hp gain abuse.
  13. 00:59:740 (4) - nc, remove nc on next object In every single instance and in every difficulty, the next slider had always been white, not sure if it'd be a good idea to change just this one.
  14. 01:02:553 skipping that drum beat sounded sort of off to me, maybe shorten the slider? Shortening the slider leave no prominent beat to add a circle on so..
  15. 01:04:240 (1) - making this a repeating 1/2 slider sounds better than just skipping over those distinct beats The sound is too energetic to have the player basically stop with a repeating slider, in general it's sort of like the aim of this section to be as energetic as possible so adding repeat sliders would only kill the movement and the tension.
  16. 01:16:240 (1) - ^ Ayy
  17. 01:18:303 (2) - nc you baka If you really wanted me to nc, you'd have asked me to do so here 00:37:803 (2) - as well :3
  18. 01:35:459 (2,3) - aaaaaaaa, this doesn't seem like a good idea Every diff (except easy) has a significant diffspike there, I have to start upping the difficulty of this rhythm at some point.
  19. 01:43:803 (2) - nc But the rhythm the player interacts most with doesn't start there ;w;
  20. 01:52:803 (4) - nc Now THAT was a nice catch.
  21. 01:53:178 (5,6) - I'd ctrl+g these and then flip of course, feels like it suits the music better (yes mapping a slider head on a red tick OooOooO) It might fit (although that's pretty subjective buuuut a newbie might not be able to react to it so keeping it.
this normal plays more like an advanced diff with those 1/4 patterns here and there plus the spacing, I'd suggest adding another difficulty to maybe close the gap? shrug The gap is equally as big between all difficulties ;3

[Hard]

1. 00:12:302 (2) - nc nop
  2. 00:13:427 (4,5,6) - you mapped the 1/4 beats of this but not this 00:14:927 (5) ? It's be too hard.
  3. 00:22:051 (6,7) - replacing these with a kick slider would be less of a pain to to click But the point is for this section to be harder than the ones around it, as the music goes ham here.
  4. 00:29:552 (1,2,3,4,5) - oh yeeh, the diffspike I mentioned in normal.
  5. 00:29:177 (2,3) - you mapped these but not the ones here 00:34:427 (4) - ? I think you should take those out and replace them with something else since the stream follows them Replaced 00:29:177 (2,3) - with a 1/2 slider.
  6. 00:37:802 (2) - why do you keep not nc'ing this when it clearly lands on the first downbeat of the next measure... Because 1. the rhythm the player interacts most with does not involve that note and 2. the next pattern never has that note as a part of it, making it belong in the same combo simply weird. It's a matter of readability and properly differentiating the patterns at this point.
  7. 00:48:302 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - so complex for a hard... There has to be a diff curve and this is showing it, also there is the buildup so..
  8. 01:34:427 feels weird without a note here but it didn't on the previous instance when this appeared?
  9. 01:36:677 ^
  10. 01:43:802 (2) - i don't care if you're consistent with it, it's consistently inconsistent XD nc Nu, explained why.
  11. 01:57:114 (6,7,1) - this is just one example of the many stacks you have, I feel like it would be hard to read for the player this is intended for, maybe space them out a little more This is intended for players who can read simple stacks.. If you want something easier you can play my advanced wannabe normal ;3
this whole difficulty seems like a light insane, just with smaller spacing aa It's the hard version of this song as the normal is the normal version of this song, comparing it to what is standard when the song is clearly different is not a good thing to do.

[Insane]

1. 00:12:302 (2) - hello darkness my old friend Wake me up
  2. 00:22:427 (1) - there isn't a beat on the second repeat, so don't map what isn't there, I don't think the repeating kick slider suits that part anyways, since it's more of a hold and then release type part There is clearly a beat on every repeat, the repeat slider serves as a substitute for a stream that was supposed to be there but isn't cause it's insane.
  3. 00:24:302 (2) - grr, BTW for all of these that ive been pointing out, naturally you'd want to remove the next object you nc'd
  4. I should just stop pointing it out because you're probably rejecting it anyways aaaah, but it doesn't make sense to not nc since as I said above, it's the first beat of the measure, that deserves it's own combo imo Yeah ofc, and no ofc cause that'd just be hp gain abuse.
  5. 00:39:302 why not map a note here Just add a note there instead of a slider that'd map the next 1/1 beat as well and help movement while it keeps the rhythm easier as it fits the calmness of this part? No thank.
  6. 00:43:989 (2) - i think it would be cool if you emphasized this pause by removing this note I did that on the hard diff but can't do it here are the rhythm itself has to be more complex to keep the diff gap consistent.
  7. 00:53:177 why no note here? it makes more sense to move 00:53:458 (5) there what?
  8. 01:49:052 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - curving this stream like an s shape would be nice I've had curves on other sounds that are by their nature more calming, having this straight only emphasizes the diffeent synth-like sounds that appear.
tbh i think thats about it, you map parts after the kaia time similarly to the way you mapped them before it, so just keep those same things i pointed out in mind Sanquu
dytedy
awesome map, take star you dickhead
Topic Starter
Exa

dytedy wrote:

awesome map, take star you dickhead
Hey >:(
Thanks όωό
Sc4v4ng3r
As requested.

[General]
  1. I'm not a expert at storyboard, but for the most the storyboard exceeds the recommended storyboard load(lower than 5.0x), which might lag old computers, leading to uncomfortable play. Maybe try asking few people for a storyboard mod, right now the storyboard might not be rankable.
  2. Also don't forget to add epliepsy warning for difficulties that have storyboard, they literally have pulsing images throughout the whole map.
  3. Only Insane uses different values of combo colours for combo colour 2 and 5, whereas other difficulties all uses the same combo colour values. In the .osu file for Insane, change up the value of 'Combo2' to 244,239,252, and change up the value of 'Combo5' to 190,54,170.
Going to focus on Normal - sorry for leaving out the other difficulties ;-;
Mod's really subjective, beware /o/
[Normal]
  1. The fundamental technics used in this difficulty makes it feel like an Advanced difficulty rather than a Normal; with such long chains of 1/2s, players would have a hard time keeping up their cursor speed to the 1/2 notes, and might get surprised on those odd rhythmic gaps into 1/4 rhythm like used in 00:28:803 (1,2,3) - (note that there was a long chain of 1/2 notes before these). Yea you can give me the same response saying that this is to bridge out the gap of the difficulty between Easy and Hard, but Easy had so less 1/2 in it; having a 5~8sec chain of 1/2 notes on every chance you get on Normal really does spike the difficulty gap a lot between these 2 difficulties. Combine it with a 'high' distance between each 1/2 notes, and that can result in failures for 'normal' Normal level players. I highly suggest you to add an easier Normal to bridge out the gap better.(And if you do that this difficulty should be named Advanced)
  2. 00:04:989 (1) - While the note's not fully off-screen, the slider border is few pixels off-screen, so just to be safe I would suggest you to bring this slider up by a bit.
  3. 00:12:302 - The hitsounding in this section for me sounds a little bit inconsistent, as on those non-slidertick objects you placed the normal soft whistle, but for sliderticks you used the default whistles - as all the piano sounds in this section is basically coming from the same instrument(duh), I would really like to see only one type of hitsound used here. For this section I would recommend using the default skin's whistle(i.e. the sliderticks one) as the piano in this section marks this section as the 'calm' one, and the piano sound itself doesn't really match with the current non-slidertick whistles imo.
  4. 00:16:802 (3) - Since your main focus in this section is the piano, a repeat on this slider sounds a little bit awkward(and it kinda plays out awkwardly tbh, but that's just me I guess) as the only sound on 00:17:177 - this tick is not a piano sound, but what it sounds like a drum snare(or something close idk). For that reason I think you could be better off removing the repeat here.
  5. 00:17:364 (1) - The 'main' piano stream starts on 00:17:552 - this tick instead of the red tick that this slider's starting in; much like you did with the other long sliders in this section, I would separate this slider into a circle + 2/1 slider, with circle coming first on 00:17:364 - this tick then following by the slider 1/2 afterwards.
  6. 00:24:677 - Point on 00:12:302 - applies here too, but instead here I recommend you to use the non-slidertick whistle, to differentiate between piano and the violin.
  7. 00:29:459 (2,3) - Much like what I've said in the beginning of my mod, the fast movement leading up to this rhythm might really throw players off here as the rhythmical gap is already odd, the anti-flow patterning of this doubles can be a little bit challanging for players who encounter this kinds of rhythm for the first time, and the distance between these 2 notes might be a little bit too close, considering the previous movement. The movement issue can be solved very easily, as you just need to move (3) above (2) and make it have a little bit more distance, but the rhythm part I'm afraid you'll have to remove (2). If (2)'s drums was emphasized, that means 00:29:364 - this tick should be emphasized as well; and since this whole time you'd been emphasizing on the closed hi-hat, that red tick shouldn't be left blank. Since adding a circle there will result in a triplet, which might be too hard at this level of play, so for the difficulty sake I would remove (2) completely.
  8. 01:01:614 (2) - Tbh skipping the kick on 01:01:989 - this tick doens't feel right as most of those kinds of kick were emphasized in this section, and since the music in this section really puts extra emphasis on the drums(snares and kicks and etc.), I feel that skipping the kicks might not be a good choice. I would shorten this slider down to 1/1, then instead use a 1/2 slider at 01:02:177 - . Same goes for 01:02:553 (4) - this note, to emphasize on 01:02:927 - .
  9. 01:04:802 (2) - NC could go here as the music notably changes, and as you did say in your previous reply that you want to place NCs on notable music changes, the NC should be added here.(Although idk how can you work around with it as (1) will be left as a single-note combo)
  10. 01:16:801 (2,3) - Since those 'whooping' sounds were emphasized with whistles on (1), I suggest you to add whistles on (2)'s tail and (3)'s head to emphasize on the same sound.
  11. That's pretty much it, since the part after the kiai is basically the repitition of the first few parts before the kiai, so my points mentioned here applies there as well. Despite all this, I really like this difficulty with its patterns :D
Once again, sorry for only modding one difficulty, I really had no time over the few weeks.
GL!
Topic Starter
Exa

[Sc4v4ng3r] wrote:

As requested.

[General]
  1. I'm not a expert at storyboard, but for the most the storyboard exceeds the recommended storyboard load(lower than 5.0x), which might lag old computers, leading to uncomfortable play. Maybe try asking few people for a storyboard mod, right now the storyboard might not be rankable.
  2. Also don't forget to add epliepsy warning for difficulties that have storyboard, they literally have pulsing images throughout the whole map.
  3. Only Insane uses different values of combo colours for combo colour 2 and 5, whereas other difficulties all uses the same combo colour values. In the .osu file for Insane, change up the value of 'Combo2' to 244,239,252, and change up the value of 'Combo5' to 190,54,170. Insane has the right colors o.o
Going to focus on Normal - sorry for leaving out the other difficulties ;-; Awww ;w;
Mod's really subjective, beware /o/
[Normal]
  1. The fundamental technics used in this difficulty makes it feel like an Advanced difficulty rather than a Normal; with such long chains of 1/2s, players would have a hard time keeping up their cursor speed to the 1/2 notes, and might get surprised on those odd rhythmic gaps into 1/4 rhythm like used in 00:28:803 (1,2,3) - (note that there was a long chain of 1/2 notes before these). Yea you can give me the same response saying that this is to bridge out the gap of the difficulty between Easy and Hard, but Easy had so less 1/2 in it; having a 5~8sec chain of 1/2 notes on every chance you get on Normal really does spike the difficulty gap a lot between these 2 difficulties. Combine it with a 'high' distance between each 1/2 notes, and that can result in failures for 'normal' Normal level players. I highly suggest you to add an easier Normal to bridge out the gap better.(And if you do that this difficulty should be named Advanced) The only reason this difficulty is a bit harder than the basic "normal" you'll see is only because it provides just the right level of difficulty to make an equal transition to the hard difficulty as the ones from easy to normal and from hard to insane. In layman terms: Easy->Normal = Normal->Hard = Hard->Insane. The "diff spike" that you mentioned exists in every single difficulty except easy. It's a core characteristic of this song and I want it to be a core characteristic of this very mapset.
  2. 00:04:989 (1) - While the note's not fully off-screen, the slider border is few pixels off-screen, so just to be safe I would suggest you to bring this slider up by a bit.
  3. 00:12:302 - The hitsounding in this section for me sounds a little bit inconsistent, as on those non-slidertick objects you placed the normal soft whistle, but for sliderticks you used the default whistles - as all the piano sounds in this section is basically coming from the same instrument(duh), I would really like to see only one type of hitsound used here. For this section I would recommend using the default skin's whistle(i.e. the sliderticks one) as the piano in this section marks this section as the 'calm' one, and the piano sound itself doesn't really match with the current non-slidertick whistles imo. These are all the default skin's soft whistles o.o... I don't think I understand what you mean D:
  4. 00:16:802 (3) - Since your main focus in this section is the piano, a repeat on this slider sounds a little bit awkward(and it kinda plays out awkwardly tbh, but that's just me I guess) as the only sound on 00:17:177 - this tick is not a piano sound, but what it sounds like a drum snare(or something close idk). For that reason I think you could be better off removing the repeat here. I disagree, this the only part in the whole section where the music stops being constant and "calm" I don't want to leave this short upbeat part under-represented by removing the repeat. (Also there is a piano note where the kick is... It's pretty audible tbh)
  5. 00:17:364 (1) - The 'main' piano stream starts on 00:17:552 - this tick instead of the red tick that this slider's starting in; much like you did with the other long sliders in this section, I would separate this slider into a circle + 2/1 slider, with circle coming first on 00:17:364 - this tick then following by the slider 1/2 afterwards. The main stream-sound starts where the current slider does, it's just not as audible. Also, for the sake of keeping the difficulty as low as possible on this calm section, I am not changing this.
  6. 00:24:677 - Point on 00:12:302 - applies here too, but instead here I recommend you to use the non-slidertick whistle, to differentiate between piano and the violin. It's the same whistle Scav D:
  7. 00:29:459 (2,3) - Much like what I've said in the beginning of my mod, the fast movement leading up to this rhythm might really throw players off here as the rhythmical gap is already odd, the anti-flow patterning of this doubles can be a little bit challanging for players who encounter this kinds of rhythm for the first time, and the distance between these 2 notes might be a little bit too close, considering the previous movement. The movement issue can be solved very easily, as you just need to move (3) above (2) and make it have a little bit more distance, but the rhythm part I'm afraid you'll have to remove (2). If (2)'s drums was emphasized, that means 00:29:364 - this tick should be emphasized as well; and since this whole time you'd been emphasizing on the closed hi-hat, that red tick shouldn't be left blank. Since adding a circle there will result in a triplet, which might be too hard at this level of play, so for the difficulty sake I would remove (2) completely. I agree that the movement could be better and I did change it like you suggested, however, as I explained before, there is the same diff spike in every harder difficulty and the music also supports such a rhythm regardless of whether or not it's a bit hard. No changing the rhythm.
  8. 01:01:614 (2) - Tbh skipping the kick on 01:01:989 - this tick doens't feel right as most of those kinds of kick were emphasized in this section, and since the music in this section really puts extra emphasis on the drums(snares and kicks and etc.), I feel that skipping the kicks might not be a good choice. I would shorten this slider down to 1/1, then instead use a 1/2 slider at 01:02:177 - . Same goes for 01:02:553 (4) - this note, to emphasize on 01:02:927 - . Although I do sort of agree that going with the beaten path would be a good idea, I won't change it since what I am trying to do here is offer as much diverse rhythm as possible to differentiate this significantly different part from them rest of the song. This part being the chorus.
  9. 01:04:802 (2) - NC could go here as the music notably changes, and as you did say in your previous reply that you want to place NCs on notable music changes, the NC should be added here.(Although idk how can you work around with it as (1) will be left as a single-note combo) Indeed, but it's pretty clear that I am not using the new combo function as frequently. During the chorus, I am only using the red and blue combos during the dubstep part that belongs in each phrase.
  10. 01:16:801 (2,3) - Since those 'whooping' sounds were emphasized with whistles on (1), I suggest you to add whistles on (2)'s tail and (3)'s head to emphasize on the same sound. Don't be mistaken, I am only using whistles while the kick and snare pattern is going on and only on red ticks. This is a section where the kick-snare patterns cuts off so no whistles here.
  11. That's pretty much it, since the part after the kiai is basically the repitition of the first few parts before the kiai, so my points mentioned here applies there as well. Despite all this, I really like this difficulty with its patterns :D :D
Once again, sorry for only modding one difficulty, I really had no time over the few weeks. It's alright~ Even the tiniest bit helps :3
GL!
Bonsai
spent almost one hour discussing one pattern xd causing a remap tho \o/
21:21 Exa: Ey Bonsai o/
21:21 Bonsai: Eyxa \o
21:21 Exa: Oh god the pun
21:22 Exa: Say, got any time to check a mapset of mine that I think is ready to go?
21:24 Bonsai: mmmh idk I might mod it but idk if I wanna nominate it
21:24 Bonsai: I'll tell you when I know ^^
21:24 Exa: Welp if you find it worthy, you might wanna do something :3
21:24 Exa: Yup yup
21:25 *Exa is listening to [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/994661 M2U - PandorA]
21:25 Bonsai: http://d1zlh37f1ep3tj.cloudfront.net/wp ... worthy.jpg
21:25 Exa: I removed the easy storyboard cause I wanna do some tweaks ~
21:25 Exa: Yes!
21:25 Bonsai: (I already looked at it, that's why I said that :^))
21:25 Exa: Oh lol what
21:26 Exa: Wait you've modded it?
21:26 Exa: Ah kep
21:26 Bonsai: no I just stalked you rn and had a look at the highest diff real quick ^^
21:26 Exa: Oooo
21:27 Exa: What did you think?
21:28 Bonsai: well, the very first section seems weird to me because I can't see what you're trying to follow at all, seems very chaotic but at the same time ignoreing that heavy beat so much
21:29 Bonsai: rest seemed fine
21:29 Exa: Heh I tried to make the first section chaotic because the violin and piano are all over the place
21:29 Exa: But they do follow certain beats
21:29 Bonsai: 00:54:302 (1,2) - 00:57:302 (1,2) - could be muuuuch more spaced imo, doesn't emphasize at all rn
21:30 Exa: I used to have them spaced out
21:30 Exa: I spaced them in because I wanted to emphasize the rest of the drop's sections more
21:30 Exa: Sort of differenciating them
21:32 Exa: Tbh these are the only ones that I could sapce out but just a bit though
21:32 Exa: Make sure you include that in your mod :>
21:32 Bonsai: :>
21:34 Exa: Also you might notice that the diff gap between easy -> normal -> hard is a bit big
21:34 Exa: But it's equal to the diff gap between hard -> insane -> extra so
21:35 Bonsai: I didn't promise to mod it :^)^)
21:35 Exa: Yeah I know, just saying in case you decide to :3
21:45 Bonsai: [http://puu.sh/qgyKG/e7d3f94a0b.osu lemme GD instead :^)]
21:47 Exa: LOOOL
21:47 Exa: I've had quite a few people ask me to gd
21:47 Exa: I'm not accepting any gds for this set :(
21:48 Exa: but lemme see what you did :D
21:48 Bonsai: ye I was just kidding, just sayin bc I was curious what I'd map there and that turned out quite well lol
21:49 Exa: It is indeed pretty interesting :o
21:49 Exa: But you see
21:49 Exa: Not even your rhythm and patterns are consistent
21:49 Exa: The beats are all over the place
21:49 Bonsai: I know but at least they focus on something
21:49 Exa: My streams also focus on certain beats
21:49 Exa: They just focus on quite a lot of stuff at once
21:50 Exa: Hence why they are chaotic
21:50 Exa: OOO map the drop
21:50 Bonsai: but it switches all the time
21:50 Exa: Beacuse there many factors that make the rhythm :3
21:50 Exa: I'd like to see how you'd map the drop :o
21:51 Bonsai: There are several rhythms playing at once that don't cooperate all that well, but claiming to focus on all of it at the same time is rather impossible lol
21:52 Exa: I can't possibly focus on everything at once
21:52 Bonsai: but it seems like you're trying to
21:52 Exa: I'm switching focus to what is more prominent at a given time
21:52 Exa: This section kind of has to be significantly harder because, along with the drop, it's the only section that //can// be hard
21:57 Bonsai: Ok I tried explaining something but I realized that one of the main issue for me turns out to be that 00:00:864 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - is the same rhythm four times
21:57 Bonsai: like wh that achieves nothing
21:58 Bonsai: 00:01:520 (9) - seems overmapped anyways btw and if you're trying to focus on the piano with the second two then why not map 00:02:458 - too?
21:58 Bonsai: That's just a heavy lack of differentiation when there is soo much different sutff happening in the song
21:58 Exa: See that was a problem for me
21:59 Exa: If I were to map the piano which is my main focus
21:59 Exa: The whole section would be a big stream
21:59 Exa: I could use kicksliders to fill in the gaps
21:59 Exa: But that would be cheeky
21:59 Exa: Also, the first 4 streams are there because it's the start of the song
21:59 Exa: Starting out with anything harder would be a dick move from the mapper imo
21:59 Bonsai: I never said you should do something harder?
22:00 Exa: But even if I did anything easier
22:00 Bonsai: just
22:00 Bonsai: something different
22:00 Bonsai: not easier either aaaaa
22:00 Exa: Then the rest of this section would be too hard
22:00 Exa: Eeegh I guess I could play around with some more rhythms
22:00 Bonsai: just differentiate a bit in this section
22:00 Bonsai: yes please, you can't tell me that repeating the same rhythm four times is the best you can do lol
22:01 Exa: Nah I can find more rhythms
22:01 Exa: I just don't think they will be as easy/ as hard
22:02 Bonsai: I don't see how the choice of rhythm automatically influences difficulty, you can make every rhythm more or less difficult by using appropriate spacing or flow or whatever
22:02 Exa: But the flow and spacing kind of have to remain the same
22:03 Exa: They are key characteristics of this section that only vary under certain conditions
22:04 Exa: M2u songs sure are messy :s
22:04 Bonsai: You started using kicksliders in the patterns immediately afterwards, why can't you use them there?
22:04 Exa: Yeah that's what I'm going with
22:05 Bonsai: and simply deleting 00:01:520 (9) - and putting a jump that is as big as other jump in this section seems good to me
22:05 Exa: I can't delete that cause it's basically the same as 00:00:958 (4) -
22:05 Exa: there's a kick right before the another violin phrase is going on
22:06 Bonsai: there isn't xd
22:06 Bonsai: I here what sound you mapped at (4), I don't hear any sound at all at (9)
22:06 Exa: 00:00:864 (3,4,5,6,7) - one violin phrease
22:06 Exa: 00:01:427 (8) - next starts here
22:07 Bonsai: so what, why do they have to be the same?
22:07 Bonsai: the violin even plays different rhythms
22:07 Exa: They are both part of a violin phrase and right after a kick
22:08 Bonsai: why does 'being part of a phrase' make them have to be equal?
22:08 Exa: They are not equal, but they are both worthy of being mapped within the same rhythm
22:08 Bonsai: the violin puts emphasis on 00:01:052 (5) - in the first phrase but then puts emphasis on 00:01:802 (1) - in the second one
22:08 Bonsai: how does rhythm have worth
22:09 Exa: 00:01:614 (9) - The only reason I am //ok// with a jump is this one
22:09 Exa: It's snappy enough to support a different kind of flow
22:09 Exa: A more snappy flow, if you will
22:09 Exa: Something that I can do with a jump
22:11 Bonsai: I don't see how mapping different melodic and rhythmic patterns with the same rhythm has anything to do with something being worthy of being mapped a certain way xd
22:12 Exa: No it's the other way around
22:12 Exa: Oh wait you mean music patterns
22:12 Exa: Then yeah, you said it right
22:13 Exa: If 2 rhythms are the same or overly similar, I think they are worthy of being mapped in the same way
22:13 Bonsai: but they are neither the same nor overly similar, they are rhythmically different and put emphasis on different beats
22:14 Exa: 00:00:864 (3,4,5,6,7) -
22:14 Exa: 00:01:427 (8,9,10,11,1) -
22:14 Exa: They both start with a kick
22:14 Exa: And they both have steady pitch throughout
22:14 Bonsai: please define kick xd
22:15 Exa: 00:01:802 (1) - Here is where the pitch is noticably higher
22:15 Bonsai: 00:01:427 (8) - is definitely not a kick for me in any way
22:15 Exa: "Define kick"? o.o
22:15 Exa: Kick -> Snare
22:15 Exa: 00:01:427 (8) - LOL
22:15 Exa: That contains a kick
22:15 Bonsai: 00:00:677 (2,7) - are snares wh
22:15 Exa: The big boom that you hear
22:15 Exa: That's a kick
22:15 Exa: 00:00:864 (3) - kick
22:15 Exa: 00:01:427 (8) - kick
22:15 Exa: :v
22:16 Bonsai: whatare you telling me 00:00:302 - is a kick
22:16 Exa: yes o.o
22:16 Exa: The sound that you hear
22:16 Exa: That's a kick
22:16 Exa: 00:00:677 (2) - And that's a snare
22:16 Bonsai: oh I thought you just wrote kick = snare LOL
22:16 Exa: M2U does not place kicks and snare on upbeats and downbeats necessarily
22:16 Exa: No lol
22:16 Bonsai: yeahyeah ok I know that lol
22:17 Exa: I thought you didn't know what a kick is XD
22:17 Bonsai: ok now here's a fun fact
22:18 Exa: :o
22:19 Bonsai: 00:00:864 (3,4,5,6,7) - starts on a kick, has nothing in the middle but the middle gets emphasized by the violin's melody, and ends on a snare; 00:01:427 (8,9,10,11,1) - starts on a kick, has a different snare in the middle and ends with a kick
22:19 Bonsai: how the fuck is any of this similar lol
22:20 Exa: It's similar because they start the say way, and being in the beginning of the song gave me the opportunity to use an overly simplistic rhythm
22:20 Exa: But your reasoning is the reason I'm changing it now
22:21 *Bonsai wipes sweat from his forehead
22:22 Exa: XDD
22:22 Bonsai: I think modding this is not something I wanna do to myself lol
22:22 Bonsai: Would take like two weeks to reason everything like that ^^
22:23 Exa: Welp since the first section is the only thing you had a problem with
22:23 Exa: I don't see why the rest would be that big of a deal :3
22:24 Exa: Ok I think I'll remap the first section
22:25 Exa: I found a cool way to map it now that I looked at it in a nother way
22:25 *Exa crosses fingers
22:25 Bonsai: yey lol
22:25 Exa: I HOPE I'll be able to connect it nicely
22:26 Bonsai: anyways I think I want to grab kds for this in any case lol
22:26 Exa: sure
22:26 Exa: post it and I'll award you
22:26 Bonsai: hrhr
Topic Starter
Exa

Bonsai wrote:

spent almost one hour discussing one pattern xd
21:21 Exa: Ey Bonsai o/
21:21 Bonsai: Eyxa \o
21:21 Exa: Oh god the pun
21:22 Exa: Say, got any time to check a mapset of mine that I think is ready to go?
21:24 Bonsai: mmmh idk I might mod it but idk if I wanna nominate it
21:24 Bonsai: I'll tell you when I know ^^
21:24 Exa: Welp if you find it worthy, you might wanna do something :3
21:24 Exa: Yup yup
21:25 *Exa is listening to [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/994661 M2U - PandorA]
21:25 Bonsai: http://d1zlh37f1ep3tj.cloudfront.net/wp ... worthy.jpg
21:25 Exa: I removed the easy storyboard cause I wanna do some tweaks ~
21:25 Exa: Yes!
21:25 Bonsai: (I already looked at it, that's why I said that :^))
21:25 Exa: Oh lol what
21:26 Exa: Wait you've modded it?
21:26 Exa: Ah kep
21:26 Bonsai: no I just stalked you rn and had a look at the highest diff real quick ^^
21:26 Exa: Oooo
21:27 Exa: What did you think?
21:28 Bonsai: well, the very first section seems weird to me because I can't see what you're trying to follow at all, seems very chaotic but at the same time ignoreing that heavy beat so much
21:29 Bonsai: rest seemed fine
21:29 Exa: Heh I tried to make the first section chaotic because the violin and piano are all over the place
21:29 Exa: But they do follow certain beats
21:29 Bonsai: 00:54:302 (1,2) - 00:57:302 (1,2) - could be muuuuch more spaced imo, doesn't emphasize at all rn
21:30 Exa: I used to have them spaced out
21:30 Exa: I spaced them in because I wanted to emphasize the rest of the drop's sections more
21:30 Exa: Sort of differenciating them
21:32 Exa: Tbh these are the only ones that I could sapce out but just a bit though
21:32 Exa: Make sure you include that in your mod :>
21:32 Bonsai: :>
21:34 Exa: Also you might notice that the diff gap between easy -> normal -> hard is a bit big
21:34 Exa: But it's equal to the diff gap between hard -> insane -> extra so
21:35 Bonsai: I didn't promise to mod it :^)^)
21:35 Exa: Yeah I know, just saying in case you decide to :3
21:45 Bonsai: [http://puu.sh/qgyKG/e7d3f94a0b.osu lemme GD instead :^)]
21:47 Exa: LOOOL
21:47 Exa: I've had quite a few people ask me to gd
21:47 Exa: I'm not accepting any gds for this set :(
21:48 Exa: but lemme see what you did :D
21:48 Bonsai: ye I was just kidding, just sayin bc I was curious what I'd map there and that turned out quite well lol
21:49 Exa: It is indeed pretty interesting :o
21:49 Exa: But you see
21:49 Exa: Not even your rhythm and patterns are consistent
21:49 Exa: The beats are all over the place
21:49 Bonsai: I know but at least they focus on something
21:49 Exa: My streams also focus on certain beats
21:49 Exa: They just focus on quite a lot of stuff at once
21:50 Exa: Hence why they are chaotic
21:50 Exa: OOO map the drop
21:50 Bonsai: but it switches all the time
21:50 Exa: Beacuse there many factors that make the rhythm :3
21:50 Exa: I'd like to see how you'd map the drop :o
21:51 Bonsai: There are several rhythms playing at once that don't cooperate all that well, but claiming to focus on all of it at the same time is rather impossible lol
21:52 Exa: I can't possibly focus on everything at once
21:52 Bonsai: but it seems like you're trying to
21:52 Exa: I'm switching focus to what is more prominent at a given time
21:52 Exa: This section kind of has to be significantly harder because, along with the drop, it's the only section that //can// be hard
21:57 Bonsai: Ok I tried explaining something but I realized that one of the main issue for me turns out to be that 00:00:864 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - is the same rhythm four times
21:57 Bonsai: like wh that achieves nothing
21:58 Bonsai: 00:01:520 (9) - seems overmapped anyways btw and if you're trying to focus on the piano with the second two then why not map 00:02:458 - too?
21:58 Bonsai: That's just a heavy lack of differentiation when there is soo much different sutff happening in the song
21:58 Exa: See that was a problem for me
21:59 Exa: If I were to map the piano which is my main focus
21:59 Exa: The whole section would be a big stream
21:59 Exa: I could use kicksliders to fill in the gaps
21:59 Exa: But that would be cheeky
21:59 Exa: Also, the first 4 streams are there because it's the start of the song
21:59 Exa: Starting out with anything harder would be a dick move from the mapper imo
21:59 Bonsai: I never said you should do something harder?
22:00 Exa: But even if I did anything easier
22:00 Bonsai: just
22:00 Bonsai: something different
22:00 Bonsai: not easier either aaaaa
22:00 Exa: Then the rest of this section would be too hard
22:00 Exa: Eeegh I guess I could play around with some more rhythms
22:00 Bonsai: just differentiate a bit in this section
22:00 Bonsai: yes please, you can't tell me that repeating the same rhythm four times is the best you can do lol
22:01 Exa: Nah I can find more rhythms
22:01 Exa: I just don't think they will be as easy/ as hard
22:02 Bonsai: I don't see how the choice of rhythm automatically influences difficulty, you can make every rhythm more or less difficult by using appropriate spacing or flow or whatever
22:02 Exa: But the flow and spacing kind of have to remain the same
22:03 Exa: They are key characteristics of this section that only vary under certain conditions
22:04 Exa: M2u songs sure are messy :s
22:04 Bonsai: You started using kicksliders in the patterns immediately afterwards, why can't you use them there?
22:04 Exa: Yeah that's what I'm going with
22:05 Bonsai: and simply deleting 00:01:520 (9) - and putting a jump that is as big as other jump in this section seems good to me
22:05 Exa: I can't delete that cause it's basically the same as 00:00:958 (4) -
22:05 Exa: there's a kick right before the another violin phrase is going on
22:06 Bonsai: there isn't xd
22:06 Bonsai: I here what sound you mapped at (4), I don't hear any sound at all at (9)
22:06 Exa: 00:00:864 (3,4,5,6,7) - one violin phrease
22:06 Exa: 00:01:427 (8) - next starts here
22:07 Bonsai: so what, why do they have to be the same?
22:07 Bonsai: the violin even plays different rhythms
22:07 Exa: They are both part of a violin phrase and right after a kick
22:08 Bonsai: why does 'being part of a phrase' make them have to be equal?
22:08 Exa: They are not equal, but they are both worthy of being mapped within the same rhythm
22:08 Bonsai: the violin puts emphasis on 00:01:052 (5) - in the first phrase but then puts emphasis on 00:01:802 (1) - in the second one
22:08 Bonsai: how does rhythm have worth
22:09 Exa: 00:01:614 (9) - The only reason I am //ok// with a jump is this one
22:09 Exa: It's snappy enough to support a different kind of flow
22:09 Exa: A more snappy flow, if you will
22:09 Exa: Something that I can do with a jump
22:11 Bonsai: I don't see how mapping different melodic and rhythmic patterns with the same rhythm has anything to do with something being worthy of being mapped a certain way xd
22:12 Exa: No it's the other way around
22:12 Exa: Oh wait you mean music patterns
22:12 Exa: Then yeah, you said it right
22:13 Exa: If 2 rhythms are the same or overly similar, I think they are worthy of being mapped in the same way
22:13 Bonsai: but they are neither the same nor overly similar, they are rhythmically different and put emphasis on different beats
22:14 Exa: 00:00:864 (3,4,5,6,7) -
22:14 Exa: 00:01:427 (8,9,10,11,1) -
22:14 Exa: They both start with a kick
22:14 Exa: And they both have steady pitch throughout
22:14 Bonsai: please define kick xd
22:15 Exa: 00:01:802 (1) - Here is where the pitch is noticably higher
22:15 Bonsai: 00:01:427 (8) - is definitely not a kick for me in any way
22:15 Exa: "Define kick"? o.o
22:15 Exa: Kick -> Snare
22:15 Exa: 00:01:427 (8) - LOL
22:15 Exa: That contains a kick
22:15 Bonsai: 00:00:677 (2,7) - are snares wh
22:15 Exa: The big boom that you hear
22:15 Exa: That's a kick
22:15 Exa: 00:00:864 (3) - kick
22:15 Exa: 00:01:427 (8) - kick
22:15 Exa: :v
22:16 Bonsai: whatare you telling me 00:00:302 - is a kick
22:16 Exa: yes o.o
22:16 Exa: The sound that you hear
22:16 Exa: That's a kick
22:16 Exa: 00:00:677 (2) - And that's a snare
22:16 Bonsai: oh I thought you just wrote kick = snare LOL
22:16 Exa: M2U does not place kicks and snare on upbeats and downbeats necessarily
22:16 Exa: No lol
22:16 Bonsai: yeahyeah ok I know that lol
22:17 Exa: I thought you didn't know what a kick is XD
22:17 Bonsai: ok now here's a fun fact
22:18 Exa: :o
22:19 Bonsai: 00:00:864 (3,4,5,6,7) - starts on a kick, has nothing in the middle but the middle gets emphasized by the violin's melody, and ends on a snare; 00:01:427 (8,9,10,11,1) - starts on a kick, has a different snare in the middle and ends with a kick
22:19 Bonsai: how the fuck is any of this similar lol
22:20 Exa: It's similar because they start the say way, and being in the beginning of the song gave me the opportunity to use an overly simplistic rhythm
22:20 Exa: But your reasoning is the reason I'm changing it now
22:21 *Bonsai wipes sweat from his forehead
22:22 Exa: XDD
22:22 Bonsai: I think modding this is not something I wanna do to myself lol
22:22 Bonsai: Would take like two weeks to reason everything like that ^^
22:23 Exa: Welp since the first section is the only thing you had a problem with
22:23 Exa: I don't see why the rest would be that big of a deal :3
22:24 Exa: Ok I think I'll remap the first section
22:25 Exa: I found a cool way to map it now that I looked at it in a nother way
22:25 *Exa crosses fingers
22:25 Bonsai: yey lol
22:25 Exa: I HOPE I'll be able to connect it nicely
22:26 Bonsai: anyways I think I want to grab kds for this in any case lol
22:26 Exa: sure
22:26 Exa: post it and I'll award you
22:26 Bonsai: hrhr
Ended with the remmaping of a whole section xd
sheela
So, since the SB load is going too high, here are ways to optimize your storyboard:
  1. Black.png is enabled throughout the entire map, making a peak to the SB load. You may not see it because of the other images that are on top of it, but it is still there. If you want to use fade-outs and fade-ins for your images, you don't need a black filled image to do it. You can directly to it to the images itself, which is already done. You can basically remove Black.png, but the base background of the beatmap is shown. Now you want to dummy out the background from the SB. To do so, simply add the background (Double.png) and fade it down completely to avoid a surprise in the SB load.
    Voilà! Majority of the map should have lower SB load. You can fade-in the background on 02:00:302 - like you intended to.
  2. If you followed the paragraph above, some parts do still exceed the 5.0x SB load, notably in your kiai section. You combined two images to make a color, yet it appears four images at the same time, meaning the SB load will peak up. A way to fix this is to make another image file with that color, which you can download here: Hearts / HeartsC. You can use them instead of using two images to make one color to lower the SB load.
  3. To even MORE optimize the filesize: it's really not that big of a deal, I just optimized Black.png's filesize to make the weigh way short: http://puu.sh/qljlH/ff72231642.png
Onto something else:
  1. soft-hitnormal.wav and soft-hitnormal2.wav are violating the ranking criteria due to the length being shorter than 100ms. Here's a fixed file for both hitsound files: http://puu.sh/qlj7J/ff27415d57.wav.
  2. The audio file's bitrate is larger than 192kbps, but you're going to change at the last second, so it's fine (I do the same lol).
I'll stop here for the moment (I have to do something first before I get to yours), so you don't have to give this post a kudosu. See you later!
Topic Starter
Exa

sheela wrote:

So, since the SB load is going too high, here are ways to optimize your storyboard:
  1. Black.png is enabled throughout the entire map, making a peak to the SB load. You may not see it because of the other images that are on top of it, but it is still there. If you want to use fade-outs and fade-ins for your images, you don't need a black filled image to do it. You can directly to it to the images itself, which is already done. You can basically remove Black.png, but the base background of the beatmap is shown. Now you want to dummy out the background from the SB. To do so, simply add the background (Double.png) and fade it down completely to avoid a surprise in the SB load.
    Voilà! Majority of the map should have lower SB load. You can fade-in the background on 02:00:302 - like you intended to.
  2. If you followed the paragraph above, some parts do still exceed the 5.0x SB load, notably in your kiai section. You combined two images to make a color, yet it appears four images at the same time, meaning the SB load will peak up. A way to fix this is to make another image file with that color, which you can download here: Hearts / HeartsC. You can use them instead of using two images to make one color to lower the SB load.
  3. To even MORE optimize the filesize: it's really not that big of a deal, I just optimized Black.png's filesize to make the weigh way short: http://puu.sh/qljlH/ff72231642.png
Onto something else:
  1. soft-hitnormal.wav and soft-hitnormal2.wav are violating the ranking criteria due to the length being shorter than 100ms. Here's a fixed file for both hitsound files: http://puu.sh/qlj7J/ff27415d57.wav.
  2. The audio file's bitrate is larger than 192kbps, but you're going to change at the last second, so it's fine (I do the same lol).
I'll stop here for the moment (I have to do something first before I get to yours), so you don't have to give this post a kudosu. See you later!
Will get to do everything asap, kudosu'ing this post instead of the next one!
sheela
Hi again!

[Hope]
  1. Many of the suggestions below are pretty much subjective.
  2. 00:02:552 (7,8,9,10,11) - 00:04:614 (2,3,4,5,6) - 00:10:052 (7,8,9,10,1) - Not a big fan of those type of curves. They look like broken curves when something sharp sticks out, like 00:02:646 (8) - 00:04:708 (3) - and 00:10:145 (8) -, so they don't look that great. This is subjective, so unless the curves meant something, I would go for a simple round curve.
  3. 00:12:677 - until 00:21:114 - There's nothing much going in this part of the map. The two things that are following the music are the little jumps during the beginning of a stream, like 00:12:957 (3,4) -, and 00:19:333 (6,7,8,9,10,11) - where the increment of the spacing fits with the piano's scale. The rest is just constant distance, and nothing else. The part where you increased the spacing at the end of the stream can be also implemented with other similar parts. For example, 00:13:426 (8,9,10,11,12) - can have a spacing different than the rest of the stream, basically it can be like 00:19:333 (6,7,8,9,10,11) -. So pretty much when the piano plays higher keys consecutively you can apply this idea.
  4. 00:21:302 (2) - Since there's an addition of drums with the violin for this object, I was thinking to emphasizing it by going through a design change. The slider's shape is the same as 00:21:114 (1) -, just rotated. I like to use this idea because design can express what you want follow. In this case both sliders 00:21:114 (1,2) - will be different in terms of shape, so both will emphasize their own thing. What you can do for a change is to turn 00:21:302 (2) - into a straight slider. Not much of a big change, but at least it's different from the previous slider.
  5. 01:05:177 (3,4,5,6,1) - I'd space them less, like around 0.5x. This is because the music is less "demanding": only the piano and the "wub-wub" sounds are playing. Compared to 00:58:614 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - there's an addition of a drum. It also sounds much more intense than the one that is halfway the kiai section, which sounds "soft". So, if this is less demanding, the stream can also be less demanding, by shorten the spacing of it, since the player does not have to move their cursor big and fast.
  6. 01:17:177 (3,4,5,6,1) - This one is quite difficult to judge the spacing if you take account the previous suggestion. Both parts are similar in intensity, but the only different is the extra "wub-wub voice" at the last part of the kiai time. Personally I would shorten the spacing of this circle pattern for consistency purposes (if you applied the point above) and pretty much for the same reasons as above.
  7. 01:18:677 until 01:27:114 - Same idea as 00:12:677 -, where the streams could be worked in a different way.
  8. 01:27:301 (2) - Same suggestion as 00:21:302 (2) -, that is the emphasis thing through design.
  9. 01:54:302 until 01:58:802 - I was hoping for something more intense, as this part is reaching to the end, so it's a section that you can put much more emphasis in my opinion. You could maybe continue the 1/4 rhythm at 01:57:302 - with consecutive kicksliders and bring the spacing of 01:58:052 (5,6,7,8,9,10,1) - much more up.
[Insane]
  1. The suggestions the [Hope] section of the mod can be also applicable to this difficulty.
  2. 00:22:427 (1) - 01:28:427 (1) - I think the flow can be improved by switching the heads and tails (Ctrl + G), because of the way the stream is going makes the curve like 00:22:145 (4,5,6,1) - go fluid.
  3. To be honest I don't have much to say about this difficulty, as it's much covered with the points in the Hope section.
[Hard]
  1. 00:21:302 (1,2,3,4) - 00:21:864 (5,6,7,8) - 00:49:427 (5,6,7,1) - 00:50:927 (5,6,7,1) - and many more - I believe this type of patterns is too hard for the players who are average in playing Hards, due its complexity: the player has to hold the kickslider and do a triplet afterwards, which is very hard to play if you're not proficient with alternating (or somewhere close) or have a slow reaction. So it's also an comfortability issue. I suggest you turn the triplets into something easier, like a repeat 1/4 slider.
  2. 01:03:677 (2) - 01:15:677 (2) - To avoid little confusion with the rhythm, maybe Ctrl + G it instead.
[Normal]
  1. 00:29:458 (2,3) - I would avoid this type of rhythm, to be honest, since it's unusual in a Normal difficulty. Some players may perceive it as another rhythm because of the note that is on the blue tick and it can simply just be too hard to play. Something like 00:23:928 (1,1) - is easier to see and play, since it leaves much more time to the player to react it.
    This can be also applied on 01:35:459 (2,3) - .
I guess that's it. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. Good luck!
Topic Starter
Exa

sheela wrote:

Hi again! hi hi :3

[Hope]
  1. Many of the suggestions below are pretty much subjective.
  2. 00:02:552 (7,8,9,10,11) - 00:04:614 (2,3,4,5,6) - 00:10:052 (7,8,9,10,1) - Not a big fan of those type of curves. They look like broken curves when something sharp sticks out, like 00:02:646 (8) - 00:04:708 (3) - and 00:10:145 (8) -, so they don't look that great. This is subjective, so unless the curves meant something, I would go for a simple round curve. I'd also go for a more simple curve but this plays exactly how I would like it to, besides, they really help tone down the spacing in certain situations.
  3. 00:12:677 - until 00:21:114 - There's nothing much going in this part of the map. The two things that are following the music are the little jumps during the beginning of a stream, like 00:12:957 (3,4) -, and 00:19:333 (6,7,8,9,10,11) - where the increment of the spacing fits with the piano's scale. The rest is just constant distance, and nothing else. The part where you increased the spacing at the end of the stream can be also implemented with other similar parts. For example, 00:13:426 (8,9,10,11,12) - can have a spacing different than the rest of the stream, basically it can be like 00:19:333 (6,7,8,9,10,11) -. So pretty much when the piano plays higher keys consecutively you can apply this idea. Oh hm, what you suggest also improves consistency so yay
  4. 00:21:302 (2) - Since there's an addition of drums with the violin for this object, I was thinking to emphasizing it by going through a design change. The slider's shape is the same as 00:21:114 (1) -, just rotated. I like to use this idea because design can express what you want follow. In this case both sliders 00:21:114 (1,2) - will be different in terms of shape, so both will emphasize their own thing. What you can do for a change is to turn 00:21:302 (2) - into a straight slider. Not much of a big change, but at least it's different from the previous slider. This whole section's key characteristic is the lack of straight movement so a straight slider would be really unfitting. Also, it would ruin the path of the stream as it would not properly "guide" the player into it without a curve to show direction.
  5. 01:05:177 (3,4,5,6,1) - I'd space them less, like around 0.5x. This is because the music is less "demanding": only the piano and the "wub-wub" sounds are playing. Compared to 00:58:614 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - there's an addition of a drum. It also sounds much more intense than the one that is halfway the kiai section, which sounds "soft". So, if this is less demanding, the stream can also be less demanding, by shorten the spacing of it, since the player does not have to move their cursor big and fast. No for the sake of simplicity and for the sake of consistency with the hardness of the stream at the end of the kiai which is pretty "demanding". It would be weird to tone down the hardness of this one while the last one is so hard.
  6. 01:17:177 (3,4,5,6,1) - This one is quite difficult to judge the spacing if you take account the previous suggestion. Both parts are similar in intensity, but the only different is the extra "wub-wub voice" at the last part of the kiai time. Personally I would shorten the spacing of this circle pattern for consistency purposes (if you applied the point above) and pretty much for the same reasons as above. See that's why I didn't change the last one. The last one "just a stream" while this one is clearly different from anything that appeared in the kiai so far and I think it deserves more spacing also because it's at the end of the kiai. I want the player to go out "with a bang" so to speak so that only works nicely :3
  7. 01:18:677 until 01:27:114 - Same idea as 00:12:677 -, where the streams could be worked in a different way. yup yup
  8. 01:27:301 (2) - Same suggestion as 00:21:302 (2) -, that is the emphasis thing through design. no change, I need the curve for gameplay purposes
  9. 01:54:302 until 01:58:802 - I was hoping for something more intense, as this part is reaching to the end, so it's a section that you can put much more emphasis in my opinion. You could maybe continue the 1/4 rhythm at 01:57:302 - with consecutive kicksliders and bring the spacing of 01:58:052 (5,6,7,8,9,10,1) - much more up. I won't change the 1/4 part cause it's in no way different than the last 1/4 part. As for the end stream I am not changing this either because it's a nice way to tone down the movement so as to reach a better and smoother ending in comparison to doing something more extreme like I did before entering the chorus.
[Insane]
  1. The suggestions the [Hope] section of the mod can be also applicable to this difficulty.
  2. 00:22:427 (1) - 01:28:427 (1) - I think the flow can be improved by switching the heads and tails (Ctrl + G), because of the way the stream is going makes the curve like 00:22:145 (4,5,6,1) - go fluid. Hmm, okay
  3. To be honest I don't have much to say about this difficulty, as it's much covered with the points in the Hope section. Although I can't change everything for the sake of simplicity and difficulty restriction, I did tweak some stuff.
[Hard]
  1. 00:21:302 (1,2,3,4) - 00:21:864 (5,6,7,8) - 00:49:427 (5,6,7,1) - 00:50:927 (5,6,7,1) - and many more - I believe this type of patterns is too hard for the players who are average in playing Hards, due its complexity: the player has to hold the kickslider and do a triplet afterwards, which is very hard to play if you're not proficient with alternating (or somewhere close) or have a slow reaction. So it's also an comfortability issue. I suggest you turn the triplets into something easier, like a repeat 1/4 slider. I would but thing is, that would break the diff gap between normal -> hard as it would become much smaller. The diff gap between normal -> hard is as big as the gap between hard -> insane. I want the hard to be a bit harder than normal because streams are the core characteristic of this whole mapset.
  2. 01:03:677 (2) - 01:15:677 (2) - To avoid little confusion with the rhythm, maybe Ctrl + G it instead. Got some testplays, it is not confusing :3
[Normal]
  1. 00:29:458 (2,3) - I would avoid this type of rhythm, to be honest, since it's unusual in a Normal difficulty. Some players may perceive it as another rhythm because of the note that is on the blue tick and it can simply just be too hard to play. Something like 00:23:928 (1,1) - is easier to see and play, since it leaves much more time to the player to react it. Every diff except easy has this spike, I've explained it before on Bonsai's mod but I really, really want to keep this as it not only perfectly follows the music but it also provides an interesting rhythm. The OD is smaller than usual to counteract with any missclicks.
    This can be also applied on 01:35:459 (2,3) - Ofc it's easier, that's the point..
I guess that's it. If you have any questions feel free to ask them. Good luck! :D
Thievley
So i didn't get to modding the hope difficulty last time i modded but i really feel like the majority of it is unnecessarily technical, (edit: mostly the beginning soz) and because of the technicality of it, the player will focus more on the streams rather than the actual music. Correct me if im wrong but, to me, I feel like mapping should be done to bring out and highlight the music, rather than be mapped upon the tiniest frequencies only for the sake of technicality.

No kds ofc

[Hope]

1. 00:00:864 (3,6) - to start off, these beats in the music are obviously held out longer than what you had mapped them as. I feel like if you reaally wanted to include those 1/4 beats in there, it would have been more fitting to map them as kick sliders, since the beats here 00:00:958 (4,9) - are simply releases to 3 and 6.
  2. 00:00:958 (4,9) - Going back to these notes though, you mapped these. Okay, that's cool, even though there is barely anything audible there in the music whatever. 00:01:895 (2,8) - But then here, there is piano that streams would actually fit. Why not map that? It would actually make sense too, and it would flow nicely, since it's highlightable. Not asking you to map to that though, (it's not like you would anyways given you're pretty stubborn and set with what you already have) but it's just an example.
  3. 00:03:864 (5,6) - Why are these notes so far apart? Yes they are kick sliders, but even that distancing for those kinds of objects brings forth some kind of emphasis. But there isn't really anything significant enough there that can be justified by that distancing. Sure, you placed it nicely there to stack it 00:03:114 (14,15,1,6) - but it the distance really necessary? It flows weirdly, especially when you don't bother to distance out actual notes with really strong beats such as 00:04:427 (9,3,7) -
  4. 00:05:645 (8) - there is literally nothing worth mapping there, like there are so many other things you could have highlighted but no, you just went for the full out technical approach. I get you wanted to bring out the chaotic nature of the music, but even in chaos, there is order. That being said, you don't need to fill in the empty spaces that are obviously empty for a reason, instead bring out the pauses in the music and held out notes, don't flood them all with streams.
  5. 00:06:114 (11,12) - these would work way better as a kick slider, to mirror the violin and to flow nicer with 00:05:739 (9,10) -. those sliders do a really good job of bringing out the violin part without getting way to technical, because the player will only click the 1/2 beats they start on, but it's weird to start out with that and then have to start clicking 1/4 beats.
  6. 00:06:864 (5) - it would be sooo much better if you could highlight this held out beat with a slider or something idk, maybe doing something like what you did 00:06:302 (1) -; it's a nice emphasis to the piano chord there.
  7. 00:08:552 (7) - would rather separate this object instead of 00:08:739 (9) -
  8. 00:08:927 (11,12) - it makes sense that these should be closer, and then these 00:09:114 (12,1) - farther apart.
  9. 00:09:864 (5,5) - - well emphasized with object placement, 00:10:427 (10) 00:10:989 (5) - but then these strong beats are drowned out in a stream?.
  10. 00:19:989 (1,2,3,4,5) - i understand why you mapped the stream this way but to be honest it's more uncomfortable looking than it is fitting.
  11. 00:22:427 (1,2,3,4,1) - what is more prominent, the sudden hold or the piano in the background? I'd say the former is more worthy of being mapped.
  12. 00:39:864 (6) - a beat there would be nice to lead into 00:40:052 (7)
  13. 00:47:364 (7) - a kick slider here would flow a lot nicer (and why not since you've already mapped to those low frequencies quite a bit)
  14. 00:47:927 (1) - the sound you choose to follow doesn't even end on that blue tick, it literally blends into the next beat.
  15. 00:53:270 (4) - a note here would bring out the violin very nicely.
  16. 00:53:505 (6) - this beat actually happens on a 1/8 tick lol.
  17. 01:22:427 (1) - remove nc, place here (in general your nc'ing is weird but i'm suuure you have solid reasoning as to why you did them the way you did ww...
won't be surprised when all of this gets rejected but w/e you seem to know what you're doing gl
Topic Starter
Exa

Thievley wrote:

So i didn't get to modding the hope difficulty last time i modded but i really feel like the majority of it is unnecessarily technical, and because of the technicality of it, the player will focus more on the streams rather than the actual music. Correct me if im wrong but, to me, I feel like mapping should be done to bring out and highlight the music, rather than be mapped upon the tiniest frequencies only for the sake of technicality. The majority of the previous mods (especially Arphimigon mod) scolded me for not being technical enough since I actually choose a very simple way of representing the music in contrast to what I could have done with the constant pitch fluctuations that the song provides so yeah :3

No kds ofc kds spam incoming jk

[Hope]

1. 00:00:864 (3,6) - to start off, these beats in the music are obviously held out longer than what you had mapped them as. I feel like if you reaally wanted to include those 1/4 beats in there, it would have been more fitting to map them as kick sliders, since the beats here 00:00:958 (4,9) - are simply releases to 3 and 6. I would use a kick slider there if I had a stream before it or another 1/4 gap just like how it happens on the rest of this section but this simply isn't the case right now. It's the lack of complex rhythm that prevents me from going with a kick slider and that something that I can't really change since it's the start of the diff and I want things to start off fairly simple.
  2. 00:00:958 (4,9) - Going back to these notes though, you mapped these. Okay, that's cool, even though there is barely anything audible there in the music whatever. 00:01:895 (2,8) - But then here, there is piano that streams would actually fit. Why not map that? It would actually make sense too, and it would flow nicely, since it's highlightable. Not asking you to map to that though, (it's not like you would anyways given you're pretty stubborn and set with what you already have) but it's just an example. I just realized you haven't updated the diff >.>
  3. 00:03:864 (5,6) - Why are these notes so far apart? Yes they are kick sliders, but even that distancing for those kinds of objects brings forth some kind of emphasis. But there isn't really anything significant enough there that can be justified by that distancing. Sure, you placed it nicely there to stack it 00:03:114 (14,15,1,6) - but it the distance really necessary? It flows weirdly, especially when you don't bother to distance out actual notes with really strong beats such as 00:04:427 (9,3,7) - Rammaped blep
  4. 00:05:645 (8) - there is literally nothing worth mapping there, like there are so many other things you could have highlighted but no, you just went for the full out technical approach. I get you wanted to bring out the chaotic nature of the music, but even in chaos, there is order. That being said, you don't need to fill in the empty spaces that are obviously empty for a reason, instead bring out the pauses in the music and held out notes, don't flood them all with streams. Remapped D:
  5. 00:06:114 (11,12) - these would work way better as a kick slider, to mirror the violin and to flow nicer with 00:05:739 (9,10) -. those sliders do a really good job of bringing out the violin part without getting way to technical, because the player will only click the 1/2 beats they start on, but it's weird to start out with that and then have to start clicking 1/4 beats. Reammaped
  6. 00:06:864 (5) - it would be sooo much better if you could highlight this held out beat with a slider or something idk, maybe doing something like what you did 00:06:302 (1) -; it's a nice emphasis to the piano chord there. It isss so much better that's why I did it with..... a remmap!
  7. 00:08:552 (7) - would rather separate this object instead of 00:08:739 (9) - reeeeeem
  8. 00:08:927 (11,12) - it makes sense that these should be closer, and then these 00:09:114 (12,1) - farther apart. maaaaped
  9. 00:09:864 (5,5) - - well emphasized with object placement, 00:10:427 (10) 00:10:989 (5) - but then these strong beats are drowned out in a stream?. remmaped
  10. 00:19:989 (1,2,3,4,5) - i understand why you mapped the stream this way but to be honest it's more uncomfortable looking than it is fitting. I disagree, I think it looks quite nice with the blanket on 00:19:239 (5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - and it also turns when the music changes so :/
  11. 00:22:427 (1,2,3,4,1) - what is more prominent, the sudden hold or the piano in the background? I'd say the former is more worthy of being mapped. They are both mapped. The low spacing and the white color emphasizes both sounds without killing the tension created from before.
  12. 00:39:864 (6) - a beat there would be nice to lead into 00:40:052 (7) for the sake of diversity and to properly represent the calmness of this section I decided to leave this beat blank. It's not like it's "that audible" anyway.
  13. 00:47:364 (7) - a kick slider here would flow a lot nicer (and why not since you've already mapped to those low frequencies quite a bit) I don't see how it would flow better and I wouldn't like to add a kick slider anyway since the music is simply not strong enough to support one.
  14. 00:47:927 (1) - the sound you choose to follow doesn't even end on that blue tick, it literally blends into the next beat. I've represented this sound the same way throughout the whole song. I see no reason to change it now since not only is it prominent but it's also quite rare. A sound doesn't need to end on a blue tick to support an extended slider.
  15. 00:53:270 (4) - a note here would bring out the violin very nicely. There is a note there o.o
  16. 00:53:505 (6) - this beat actually happens on a 1/8 tick lol. It's actually 1/16 but even if it was 1/8 or 1/6 I wouldn't change it because it would simply be way too sudden and complex. People even map 1/6 streams with 1/4 rhythm for the sake of playability so yeah. (There is a note on the white tick tho)
  17. 01:22:427 (1) - remove nc, place here (in general your nc'ing is weird but i'm suuure you have solid reasoning as to why you did them the way you did ww... How is the nc weird o.o When outside the chorus, I nc where the music changes and the previous combo has become too big.
won't be surprised when all of this gets rejected but w/e you seem to know what you're doing gl Ily thanks for trying :3
Thievley
mfw i forget to update rip me, I TRIED THANK
Squichu
hey there, as requested c:
And apologies for the delay ><

General
  1. soft-hitnormal and hitnormal2 still are too short, I think sheela posted fixed hitsound files, so don't forget to exchange them!
Easy
Looks nice overall, but the 1/2 patterns bother me.. I think it's hard enough for beginner players to differentiate between two time-distance relations (3/2 and 1/1 here), but then you add some 1/2s too that overlap which is extra confusing, so imo would be better if you avoid 1/2s and replace them..
  1. 00:21:302 (1,2) - for example would work well as a 3/2 reverse, and 00:22:802 (1,2) - could be replaced with three circles on 00:22:802 - 00:23:364 - 00:23:927 - , so it's still different from the previous object.
  2. 00:55:052 (1,2) - could as well be one slider or 2/1-reverse
  3. 01:04:239 (1,2) - it's a bit more compliacted to change this.. I think emphasizing the main beat here might work better than following the melody, mostly because of the strong sound at 01:04:427 - . You could try http://puu.sh/qot74.jpg instead?
  4. 01:27:302 (1,2,1,2) - since the rhythm is similar I'd suggest using the same rhythm as for the first two
    -- that's all just suggestions, ofc. Up to you!
  5. you might want to recheck your NC pattern, it's inconsistent between parts o: (not talking about the Kiai with 1-combo sliders, but the "calmer" parts with light pink/blue, sometimes you NC each downbeat and then each second one...?)
  6. And consider using AR3 instead of 2, that matches better with the pace of the song and further helps beginner players to see the difference between 3/2 and 1/1
Normal
I like how it's mapped but the difficulty level is too high for a Normal, imo. At 160bpm 1/4s are too hard, and the gap between Easy and Normal is questionable (especially if you consider the suggestions above), but reading the previous pages of mod/opinions etc... hmh.
I think the best solution for this is to push the settings of this diff slightly, rework some patterns to get it even closer to Hard and basically turning this into an Advanced, then add a 'regular' Normal.. that's actually the only option I see to get a balanced spread, as the current one just doesn't work (imo).

Tbh, I didn't expect such an inssue with the spread and seeing now that several people mentioned this already I'm a bit disappointed that you didn't relent in the slightest and seem to keep the 1/4s in Normal by all means.. :/ I'm not saying that never could work, but here the gap between E/N is too big and I don't see any harm in adding another difficulty to get rid of these issues, so that's it from me for now. Sorry :n
Nowaie
Thank mrs ayyri for this mod
These all will be my own suggestions and you have all rights to deny any of them

I saw that you will change the kbps thingy later on so i won't cry about it here.

Also if you agree with something i say, please try to suit the mod for other pattern(s) having the same problem as i usually expect people to do this by default.

Easy
For some reason i can't see the storyboard on this difficulty (Tried even re downloading it) try to look for the issues that why is this happening by yourself because tbh i don't know a sh-t about storyboarding (Well i may know basic things but whatever)

Ok, this is like a super nazi one but 00:14:177 (3) - for this one, move it to x180|y338 for the perfect blanket

I don't really know anything about easy diffs (Patterning and so on) but this diff looks it's on point

Advanced
00:05:927 (3) - If you want to add bit more variety to the difficulty you could ctrl G this slider. I can see that you are quite strictly using 1.6x DS though and i understand why would you want to keep this but it wouldn't hurt that much to have few "jumps" in the map as you are already using 1/4s in the diff ( 00:29:458 (2,3) - ). An example of you using this effectively is here 00:28:053 (3,4) - . It does look much more boring and dull if you'd ctrl g the 4 but having it like that makes it look nice, cool and much more interesting

00:37:803 (2) - NC this instead of 00:38:178 (1) - . This is for melodical reasons as the part that combo follows starts actually from this note ( 00:37:802 (2) - ) instead if the following slider. Also this slider 00:37:427 (1) - follows the high violin beat instead of the lower piano sounds that the following circle follows so melodically these two don't belong in the same combo. This does accure in other difficulties, for example in the hope difficulty for these two notes 01:43:802 (2,1) -

02:00:302 - This is one of the things that should be added to all of the difficulties with an expection of easy (Because i think its fine like it's now). Personally i think you should add a note to there because the beat really feels clickable in the sort of way. The fade doesn't start instantly as it has a sudden starting sound that definently is a single solid sound that should be mapped. Also check that the Spinner ends on the right point of time if you change that.

Hard
00:02:364 (2) - Curve this a little bit. It would make the flow over this 00:01:802 (1,2,3) - look more interesting.

00:12:864 (2,3) - I personally don't have any problems with sliders like these but someone else may point these out as they make the next slider little bit harder to read than it should.

00:48:302 (1,2) - 00:48:864 (3,4) - Personally i wouldn't stack stuff under sliders because keeping up the pace makes the patterns look better and easier to read. Though you seem to use this quite often so this may just be a part of your mapping style but mods are supposed to be others' thoughts to improve the map ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. An overall example (Done to these 00:59:927 (1,1) - ) Give this suggestion a try atleast because i think it would enhance the map.
Insane
00:13:427 (7) - One thing that people usually do is that they NC the mid stream curves for overall clarity. Consider on NCing all the snappy curves ( 00:14:552 (6) - 00:17:739 (7) - and 00:20:552 (6) - for example) in the streams.

00:21:302 (2) - Maybe this one aswell as the slider before this note doesn't belong to the stream combo melodically nor pattern wise

00:52:427 (8,9,10) - How about ctrl Ging this triplet and rotating it a little bit so it forms a circular shape with these 00:52:052 (5,6,7) - ? It would make the mouse movement and that way the flow make more sense overall.
Flow example
(Light blue = the mouse movement, Dark Blue = Somewhat accurate representation of the flow)

01:02:364 (4) - As this is a 1/4 note (distance to other objects timeline wise) you should make it little bit more linear with these 01:02:177 (3,1) - notes just so people don't mistakenly take it as an 1/2

01:27:302 (2) - Same thing as before about the slider not belonging into this stream pattern blah blah and so on, NC it?

01:45:302 (4) - How about NCing this because these two sliders (and the note after them) don't really belong into the 1/2 slider pattern before it

Hope
00:07:147 (8) - (From aimod) Unsnapped object

00:02:552 (7,8,9,10) - & 00:04:614 (2,3,4,5) - Streams like these feel reaaaaaaaaaaally weird. How about trying something like this? The (more) curved streams would look better overall and enhance the overall play experience alot (imo atleast) but they have pretty much the same mouse movement after all (Depending on how you arrange them).

Same suggestion about the NCs for mid slider (sharp) turns as in insane. You could try to NC the DS changes mid stream aswell.

01:42:114 (2,4) - How about Ctrl Ging these two? Would make it look better and cleaner so 1,2 and 4,5 have bit closer DS to 2,3,4

01:58:614 (1) - Rotate this slider so it's facing downwards

Well, that's about it. I hope atleast something helped you after all :3

This map defenently deserves more attention. The patterns are unique (a REALLY nice change to the pp jump maps) and the song is really cool aswell. osu! needs more maps like this.

Good Luck!

P.S have some stars ☆☆☆
_Meep_
rank when my mapping sensei?
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.