1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Ranked/Approved Beatmaps
show more
posted
Everything has been said, to be honest. I also agree that 110 BPM is the most correct approximation for this song, without additional timing sections added.
posted
So I see where the 220 came from. It seems to be the tempo was being based off the faster bass line and not the main beat. It should be 110 bpm, but the tempo doesn't really throw me off at all.
posted
Really don't understand why you guys care so much about halving/doubling bpm's lol. The only thing that changes is the kiai flashing/nigthcore mod, and honestly 220 bpm is a better fit for how the song was mapped. I'm fine with either tbh, even if 110 is technically "more accurate".
posted
Updated with 110.

There should be nothing to be concerned about timing now.
posted

Monstrata wrote:

Really don't understand why you guys care so much about halving/doubling bpm's lol. The only thing that changes is the kiai flashing/nigthcore mod, and honestly 220 bpm is a better fit for how the song was mapped. I'm fine with either tbh, even if 110 is technically "more accurate".
this so much.
it kinda makes me sad people care about this almost more than mapping mistakes or if there were unsnapped notes (lets be honest there were plenty of maps that got ranked with wrongly snapped notes and no one bothered to fix it or even point out) and people go crazy over double bpm when it literally has no impact on gameplay at all. you might say "but so does metadata?+!?!+'^+ why do u care then LOL!!" well if answer to that wasn't already obvious; they are different things. one of them impacts the artist directly while other one has almost no affect at all if any.

also fun fact renard themselves said big black is 720 bpm, while most can argue song is 180 bpm. what will we use on that then? would it be dq'd for using 180 bpm? or 720 bpm because it plays like 180? (im not talking about existing map btw)
posted
oh, sorry for caring

wait another few days and calm down, nobody went crazy here (except you if you want to)

(and please report qualified maps with unsnapped notes)
posted
im already calm, its just i dont get why people get so upset over double bpm xD

also we have a recently ranked map with obviously wrong metadata which i reported yet still went thru, so i dont actually think reporting helps at this point at all lmao

i guess sorry for caring too, oh well
posted
actually, you've all been wrong the entire time. this should be 440 bpm. The most thoroughly consistent rhythmical part of the song is the literal metronome playing on top of 90% of the song at a whopping 440 beats per minute! I can't believe everyone oversaw this one tbh.

(this is a meme)
posted
this map got unqualified because of a literal unnoticeable difference in bpm
posted

MariahCarey wrote:

actually, you've all been wrong the entire time. this should be 440 bpm. The most thoroughly consistent rhythmical part of the song is the literal metronome playing on top of 90% of the song at a whopping 440 beats per minute! I can't believe everyone oversaw this one tbh.

(this is a meme)
I really hope you where joking there. The bpm is 110, not 440. Also that isn't a metronome, that is a high hat that plays in triplets. The main beat isn't based of that, as there is a overall temp of a 110
posted

Kaydax wrote:

MariahCarey wrote:

actually, you've all been wrong the entire time. this should be 440 bpm. The most thoroughly consistent rhythmical part of the song is the literal metronome playing on top of 90% of the song at a whopping 440 beats per minute! I can't believe everyone oversaw this one tbh.

(this is a meme)
I really hope you where joking there. The bpm is 110, not 440. Also that isn't a metronome, that is a high hat that plays in triplets. The main beat isn't based of that, as there is a overall temp of a 110
whoosh
posted

-Nishiki- wrote:

this map got unqualified because of a literal unnoticeable difference in bpm
how dare you say such a thing, it's obviously noticeable, it was exactly doubled! DOUBLE THE SPEED!! seeing that bpm on song select screen gave me nausea, literally unplayable.
posted

Kaydax wrote:

I really hope you where joking there. The bpm is 110, not 440. Also that isn't a metronome, that is a high hat that plays in triplets. The main beat isn't based of that, as there is a overall temp of a 110
i mean you literally quoted the part where i said that it's a meme ...
posted
Rebub for new bpm!
posted

diraimur wrote:

-Nishiki- wrote:

this map got unqualified because of a literal unnoticeable difference in bpm
how dare you say such a thing, it's obviously noticeable, it was exactly doubled! DOUBLE THE SPEED!! seeing that bpm on song select screen gave me nausea, literally unplayable.
How did it mess you up. I even played the new version with the fixed bpm and it is exactly the same. Doubling bpm doesn't do anything to the song and it doesn't mess you up when trying to stay on beat.
posted
i can, in fact, do the heart thing again
posted
its not a gameplay difference but in terms of being more accurate to the song as it was composed 110 is closer.. it's like metadata, it doesn't matter at all from a gameplay perspective but still makes more sense if it is like this. besides nightcore mod being more accurate is always nice
posted
gz
posted

Kaydax wrote:

diraimur wrote:

how dare you say such a thing, it's obviously noticeable, it was exactly doubled! DOUBLE THE SPEED!! seeing that bpm on song select screen gave me nausea, literally unplayable.
How did it mess you up. I even played the new version with the fixed bpm and it is exactly the same. Doubling bpm doesn't do anything to the song and it doesn't mess you up when trying to stay on beat.
wahooshiona
posted

Naotoshi wrote:

its not a gameplay difference but in terms of being more accurate to the song as it was composed 110 is closer.. it's like metadata, it doesn't matter at all from a gameplay perspective but still makes more sense if it is like this. besides nightcore mod being more accurate is always nice
Metadata is different imo, because accurate metadata does function to give the song/artist/source etc... better citation. BPM on the other hand doesn't have the same citation quality. Big Black for example is 720 bpm according to the composer.
show more
Please sign in to reply.