forum

[Archived] Unwanted beatmap processing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yumikoi
Problem Details:
Sometimes for no reason osu decides to process all maps again without asking me, I have lot of them so I have to wait like 10 minutes without the ability to cancel it.
This happens without me doing any changes, I can be playing normally then just restart the game and suddenly it processing even though I just played the maps its processing.

osu! version:
20160107cuttingedge (all other versions too)
Bara-
Go to the osu folder, and move osu.db out of the folder. Next time you open it, it will reprocess it all, but afterwards it should be fine.
I have a feeling that the osu.db file got corrupt
Topic Starter
Yumikoi
Can this delete local scores or replays? I wouldn't want to lose those
Bara-
I believe those are saved in a different file, but I am not sure. I beilieve that they are in data/r (hidden folder). Anyway, if you move osu.db out of the folder, you can always move it back
Topic Starter
Yumikoi
Alright, tried that, it removed the "played" status from maps and the display of rank but when i click the map with global selected it restores it.

We will see if this fixes it, I will report back if I see the processing again without asking for it.
Topic Starter
Yumikoi
Ok well didn't play much but now I just got the processing again for no reason so this didn't fix it :(
Trosk-
Are you getting it every time you open the game or just sometimes? If it's just sometimes, it's already a known issue. Sometimes the beatmap database gets corrupted and it needs to be recreated. It shouldn't be happening though. Let's hope it gets fixed soon.
Topic Starter
Yumikoi
Well just had it twice in a row after just restarting the game and not even adding any new maps. But usually I'd say it happens like every 5th run of the game or so.

This has been happening for months to me through many patches so didn't know it was a known problem.

Well I hope it gets resolved soon or allows me to cancel the processing so I don't have to wait 10 minutes to just play for 5 minutes...
DeletedUser_4329079
If the database is corrupted I doubt cancelling the process would do any good.
Topic Starter
Yumikoi
Well it would at least let me pause the music or change to some other song to play while its processing, like this i have to listen to the whole 'click the circles to the beat!' and then several minutes of silence once that song ends xD But well there is always the volume setting in windows for that.