ET
Virtue-
Rip PP system...
Gratz guys >w<)b
Blocko
Congratulations, ET Jinjin!
Evening
lol what year is it

01:22:433 (82433|4,82433|3,82433|2,82648|3,82862|2,82862|4) - lol what i don't remember this being a fake sv on my diff
Topic Starter
Jinjin

Evening wrote:

lol what year is it

01:22:433 (82433|4,82433|3,82433|2,82648|3,82862|2,82862|4) - lol what i don't remember this being a fake sv on my diff
It didn't use to be, but there was a snap error as pointed out by nivrad and we decided to redo this section slightly.
Went with the SV suggestion from niv
Evening

Jinjin wrote:

Evening wrote:

lol what year is it

It didn't use to be, but there was a snap error as pointed out by nivrad and we decided to redo this section slightly.
Went with the SV suggestion from niv
don't really like it since it's a false SV on a section that isn't really "unique" in the song but ok lole
Soul Evans
I personally don't like it, i find it really odd for me to be there and not really consistent with the SVs, there should be a middle ground for this, otherwise it ended up as this one thing that's not really ok for the map.
Nivrad00
Evening I think you might be slightly mistaken. The SV at 01:22:648 - was there before my mod. (Did a different modder change it?) There was also a note at 01:22:540 - and two other bumps, one at 01:22:433 - and one at 01:22:540 - . In my mod I suggested deleting the note and the accompanying SVs, as it didn't carry the same weight as the drum beats, and copying the SV from 01:22:648 - to 01:22:433 - as the drum sounds are identical in these two locations.

My intentions were 100% to stick to your original vision for this map, so I apologize completely if I misunderstood your intentions! It's unfortunate that you were unavailable during the check process and I hope you'll request a quick DQ if you want to fix this issue.
Soul Evans
He is only online during weekends, which is on Saturday would be 12th of may, the map will be ranked on 11th so it would be too late, i suggest sticking to his original intentions and reverting the SV to be the same as the rest of the SVs in the map.
Topic Starter
Jinjin
I understand. However, I still want to keep it in the qualified state just in case the QATs find any other issues. Also the false sv is pretty easy to get used to thanks to the aural queues at that point of the music so I don't think it's necessary.
I'll keep an eye out of how players handle that sv, and if it keeps tripping a lot of the players up I'll request a dq for evening to give an appropriate modification in the weekend.

EDIT: After talking to some of the mania players that have seen the particular SV or have played Zen's Insane, I don't think it's too much of a concern.
Kamikaze
Tbh I've played the diff again just before qualifying it and I didn't notice any abnormalities in the SVs, it played fine, so I don't think it's an issue that needs urgent fixes.
If there are some other reasons for a DQ then sure
DeletedUser_259972
the entire map is full of fake SVs what're u talking about xdd

imo, I don't think it'll matter that much if there's fake sv there, since the entire map is full of them anyway and the intention was to make players memorize them
If it were in, say, my extra diff, it would be a problem for having it all of a sudden
But because it's in the map by Evening the infamous SV gimmick creator lol jk ily, it fits the theme so it should be fine

But if you think it needs some fixing, feel free to req DQ

but please don't I wanna eat pp asap
c'mon it's only like what, 3 days left
doPPelgangbanger plzzzzz
ByeForNow
Hey there,
Firstly, I wanna congratulate you on getting the map qualified!
However, I wanna point out something that caught my attention in 'Zen's Insane' difficulty.

Taking 01:15:576 - 01:16:219 - as a section,
1. 01:15:576 (75576|0,75576|4,75683|5,75683|1) - Why are these notes placed as LNs yet not 01:15:790 (75790|2,75790|6,76005|1,76005|5) - ?
2. 01:15:576 (75576|4,75576|0,75683|1,75683|5) - Why doesn't these notes have the pause-like SVs like 01:15:790 - and 01:16:005 -?
I highly suggest to replace those notes with normal notes for and put in the pause-like SVs for consistency.
Also, after all the intense SVs from section 01:08:505 - 01:15:362 - , 01:15:576 (75576|4,75576|0,75683|1,75683|5) - feels too a little too sudden/out of place to just have a simple 1.00x. Hence in my opinion, it's better to apply the similar pause-like SVs to those notes.

Thanks for your attention, I hope you can carefully consider this.
Soul Evans
While i do understand you want it to be in the qualified section, however, just saying that ''players can handle it it's fine no need to change'' isn't suppose to be
the case here, other than that as i said it should be having the same SV effect as the others, you say you haven't had players have any problems but i noticed it
without the editor and evening doesn't like it either,

and i am really against this set going for rank with any sort of regrets, no way i am letting this one tiny thing
slide for that matter, even though you see it as ''players can handle it'' this is one of the rarest kinds of maps in the ranked sections which is why i am complete against this.

Also, why is zen's diff called ''zen's insane'' instead of ''evenings insane''? tags show evening which would show all his maps and all but it would be misinforming to players who don't know evenings old name to generally assume that ''zen mapped this'' so i am gonna suggest it to an accurate change, do tell me how you think it shouldn't be the case, your map is gonna hit big within the ranked section and i can already see it achieving top 3 on 2017 maps so the people who don't know who zen is, i think a change to the accurate current naming of him is what is necessary. it's okay to do both, but it's better to stay accurate always to who exactly did the difficulty.
Raveille

Soul Evans wrote:

While i do understand you want it to be in the qualified section, however, just saying that ''players can handle it it's fine no need to change'' isn't suppose to be
the case here, other than that as i said it should be having the same SV effect as the others, you say you haven't had players have any problems but i noticed it
without the editor and evening doesn't like it either,

and i am really against this set going for rank with any sort of regrets, no way i am letting this one tiny thing
slide for that matter, even though you see it as ''players can handle it'' this is one of the rarest kinds of maps in the ranked sections which is why i am complete against this.

Also, why is zen's diff called ''zen's insane'' instead of ''evenings insane''? tags show evening which would show all his maps and all but it would be misinforming to players who don't know evenings old name to generally assume that ''zen mapped this'' so i am gonna suggest it to an accurate change, do tell me how you think it shouldn't be the case, your map is gonna hit big within the ranked section and i can already see it achieving top 3 on 2017 maps so the people who don't know who zen is, i think a change to the accurate current naming of him is what is necessary. it's okay to do both, but it's better to stay accurate always to who exactly did the difficulty.
For the "Zen" part, it is just what he was known before and should stay that way to keep some consistency when people are trying to search for his work on GDs (when he did Empress etc.)
Evening

jakads wrote:

the entire map is full of fake SVs what're u talking about xdd

imo, I don't think it'll matter that much if there's fake sv there, since the entire map is full of them anyway and the intention was to make players memorize them
If it were in, say, my extra diff, it would be a problem for having it all of a sudden
But because it's in the map by Evening the infamous SV gimmick creator lol jk ily, it fits the theme so it should be fine

But if you think it needs some fixing, feel free to req DQ

but please don't I wanna eat pp asap
c'mon it's only like what, 3 days left
doPPelgangbanger plzzzzz
the thing is that it's not intended
usually I'd structure fake SVs such that it's:

1) The structure of it is memorable, be it rhythm or pattern
2i) The appearance of it is predictable, be it on the first or consecutive runs on the map
2ii) I use predictability here since usually I would anchor this appearance of the fake SV on a memorable part of the song, I don't base the appearance of the fake SV on an arbitrary location
3) Transition there is rather odd, but then again I mapped it

I don't like it, but i don't care about this difficulty much anymore
Soul Evans

Raveille wrote:

For the "Zen" part, it is just what he was known before and should stay that way to keep some consistency when people are trying to search for his work on GDs (when he did Empress etc.)
What consistency? there are legit players who thing there is a different ''zen'' than evening, and it's not consistent if you look at it from the point of that it's not his name anymore, and zen's emrpess diff was when he wasn't called evening back then iirc, diff names should be accurate not in this sense if this map is gonna get recognized then give full credibility for the guest mapper, because imo, people get confused.
Topic Starter
Jinjin

Soul Evans wrote:

Raveille wrote:

What consistency? there are legit players who thing there is a different ''zen'' than evening, and it's not consistent if you look at it from the point of that it's not his name anymore, and zen's emrpess diff was when he wasn't called evening back then iirc, diff names should be accurate not in this sense if this map is gonna get recognized then give full credibility for the guest mapper, because imo, people get confused.
You have to realize that when I asked what evening wanted to name his gd as, he wanted it to be zen's insane, not evening's insane. Stop being picky about this.
Soul Evans
Hmm, i asked before posting this and he told me he didn't mind any so i thought it's just that it was let at that
Topic Starter
Jinjin

ByeForNow wrote:

Hey there,
However, I wanna point out something that caught my attention in 'Zen's Insane' difficulty.

1. 01:15:576 (75576|0,75576|4,75683|5,75683|1) - Why are these notes placed as LNs yet not 01:15:790 (75790|2,75790|6,76005|1,76005|5) - ?
2. 01:15:576 (75576|4,75576|0,75683|1,75683|5) - Why doesn't these notes have the pause-like SVs like 01:15:790 - and 01:16:005 -?
I highly suggest to replace those notes with normal notes for and put in the pause-like SVs for consistency.
Also, after all the intense SVs from section 01:08:505 - 01:15:362 - , 01:15:576 (75576|4,75576|0,75683|1,75683|5) - feels too a little too sudden/out of place to just have a simple 1.00x. Hence in my opinion, it's better to apply the similar pause-like SVs to those notes.

Thanks for your feedback!
I looked at your suggestions but the person in charge of this gd (evening) has probably done these patterns / svs for a reason so i won't be giving you a clear response :(

Keep in mind that this diff has been playtested by many people (and countless times by me too) and I think all the sections are alright

In addition, settled stuff with soul evans through pm!
zigizigiefe
MANIERA v2 lelel
Another Lie
Entrust to Jinjin for more PP rain maps.
Congrats for 2nd time destructing PP system after Maniera. :D
ggsnipess
lmao
Surono

Another Lie wrote:

Entrust to Jinjin for more PP rain maps.
Congrats for 2nd time destructing PP system after Maniera. :D
just say 3times
Arzenvald
freepp
Evening

Jinjin wrote:

ByeForNow wrote:

Hey there,

Thanks for your feedback!
I looked at your suggestions but the person in charge of this gd (evening) has probably done these patterns / svs for a reason so i won't be giving you a clear response :(

Keep in mind that this diff has been playtested by many people (and countless times by me too) and I think all the sections are alright

In addition, settled stuff with soul evans through pm!
probably

ok