Osu! Keyboard Recipe - For the DIY Minded

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
The Gambler

C0MP0T3 wrote:

-snip-

Your build looks a lot like my second build. Congrats!

I even used M4 bolts on my second build as a matter of fact :)
Topic Starter
The Gambler
UPDATE July 20, 2018:

So yeah, just finished summer school recently and currently working on revamping the guide as usual. Really, this time I am doing it since it will be published on other forums/sites as well. Hopefully those will address some issues associated with the first revision of the keyboard build guide.

The upcoming guide will be focused towards an 8-key model that I posted in this thread earlier this year. Any deviations in the design will be an exercise for the end user. Of course, PMing me for help will be answered as quickly as possible.

For now, Sanwa build V2 in progress. I tried to do honeycomb walls for this build.

AddDominator
So im staring with a pro micro arduino, can i have the code for two buttons ? I use z and x
UnleashedMyself

AddDominator wrote:

So im staring with a pro micro arduino, can i have the code for two buttons ? I use z and x

U must make a picture of your arduino, then I will help u
Topic Starter
The Gambler
The example code in the first post should also work for Pro Micro, since it uses Arduino keyboard library, not a Teensy specific one.
AddDominator

UnleashedMyself wrote:

AddDominator wrote:

U must make a picture of your arduino, then I will help u

Since my camera broke, i can only use internet picture
https://imgur.com/a/1J6D2w8
P/S: Does Pro Micro have internal resistors ?
C0MP0T3

The Gambler wrote:

UPDATE July 20, 2018:

So yeah, just finished summer school recently and currently working on revamping the guide as usual. Really, this time I am doing it since it will be published on other forums/sites as well. Hopefully those will address some issues associated with the first revision of the keyboard build guide.

The upcoming guide will be focused towards an 8-key model that I posted in this thread earlier this year. Any deviations in the design will be an exercise for the end user. Of course, PMing me for help will be answered as quickly as possible.

For now, Sanwa build V2 in progress. I tried to do honeycomb walls for this build.

I'm starting to play Mania more and more, I may be doing a 4k keyboard later ! What's "Sanwa" build?
Topic Starter
The Gambler

C0MP0T3 wrote:

I'm starting to play Mania more and more, I may be doing a 4k keyboard later ! What's "Sanwa" build?

Sanwa V1 is posted in the first post; it is basically the osu! keypad using arcade buttons. The most prominent switch amongst arcade setups use circular Sanwa buttons.
AddDominator
I have add keyboard and hid library but it keep showing this error, please help
https://imgur.com/a/eqTd1XI
Topic Starter
The Gambler

AddDominator wrote:

I have add keyboard and hid library but it keep showing this error, please help
https://imgur.com/a/eqTd1XI

You need Keyboard.begin() in setup() before doing any keyboard presses.
AddDominator
How to add more LED mode for RGB ? Like pressing a button and it will change the mode. My code is like this
int ButtonZ = 9;
int ButtonX = 10;

void setup()
{
pinMode(ButtonZ, INPUT);

pinMode(ButtonX, INPUT);

}

void loop()
{
if (digitalRead(ButtonZ) == 0)
{
Keyboard.press('z');

delay(5);
}
if (digitalRead(ButtonZ) == 1)
{
Keyboard.release('z');

}
if (digitalRead(ButtonX) == 0)
{
Keyboard.press('x');

delay(5);
}
if (digitalRead(ButtonX) == 1)
{
Keyboard.release('x');

}
}
Feriosu

AddDominator wrote:

How to add more LED mode for RGB ? Like pressing a button and it will change the mode. My code is like this
int ButtonZ = 9;
int ButtonX = 10;

void setup()
{
pinMode(ButtonZ, INPUT);

pinMode(ButtonX, INPUT);

}

void loop()
{
if (digitalRead(ButtonZ) == 0)
{
Keyboard.press('z');

delay(5);
}
if (digitalRead(ButtonZ) == 1)
{
Keyboard.release('z');

}
if (digitalRead(ButtonX) == 0)
{
Keyboard.press('x');

delay(5);
}
if (digitalRead(ButtonX) == 1)
{
Keyboard.release('x');

}
}

just use switch()
AddDominator
Anyone have a PCB guide ? Plz Help
Maround
Деньга дай =) нет деняг
Topic Starter
The Gambler
UPDATE August 12, 2018:

Hi again everyone,

After slow progress on my end due to juggling different projects I have finished a rough draft of the newer updated guide. Hopefully, even with the rough formatting, people should find the ideas expressed in the doc easier to absorb than last time. However, for the time being, the guide exists as a doc file and currently not formatted to osu! forum standards.

Also, SANWA V2 has been finished.

AddDominator
Coming back, just to say thanks about this nice tutorial, you're the best
https://imgur.com/a/2WP4SMc
Topic Starter
The Gambler

AddDominator wrote:

Oof... the betrayal is real xD
AddDominator

The Gambler wrote:

AddDominator wrote:

Oof... the betrayal is real xD

Thanks you for the tutorial <3
ZisonZishen
I've made an osukeyboard with a
mouse(ve broken、and a little box to cover them,but now it still have no lights and not goodlooking at all
Here I am Looking forward to develop an new kind of osuing key board which's able to put one all hand on it and give players a much more comfortable enverment to power there brain(IQ+10
(:DL
AddDominator

ZisonZishen wrote:

mouse(ve broken,keys and a little box to cover them,but now it still have no lights at all,and not goodlooking
Here I am Looking forward to make an new osu key board which's able to put on fingers and more cheap(:D
and it's still an idea lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM598vSvPu0&t=221s Try this
ZisonZishen

AddDominator wrote:

ZisonZishen wrote:

mouse(ve broken,keys and a little box to cover them,but now it still have no lights at all,and not goodlooking
Here I am Looking forward to make an new osu key board which's able to put on fingers and more cheap(:D
and it's still an idea lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM598vSvPu0&t=221s Try this

ahh,39
UnleashedMyself

Skylone18 wrote:

Just a question;
Are you using any resistors?
I see a resistor in the first figure of your guide, but on second figure and in the third one, I do not see any.

Arduino leonardo don't need resistors
AddDominator
https://imgur.com/a/8cU9PEZ
Thanks to Ruqimao and Gambler <3
sanapri fan
A few billion years late, but how do you suppose you would get cherry mx slivers?
Topic Starter
The Gambler

genericgarbage wrote:

A few billion years late, but how do you suppose you would get cherry mx slivers?

I don't think MX Silver is marketed as a custom keyboard product. I would rather you check out other switches instead: https://input.club/the-comparative-guide-to-mechanical-switches/

Since you said you wanted Silvers, I suggest looking at other equivalents like Kailhua Red, BOX Red, Gateron Clears, Matias Linear, etc.
Topic Starter
The Gambler
UPDATE 02/09/2019: Small updates for you guys. I uploaded the full version of my own working code onto the repository, along with some repo cleaning. Hopefully, everything should make a bit more sense.

I have also prototyped some PCBs along the way, like the 8-Pack and the 4-Square, each under their own repositories in my account. Should make for some more compact and interesting builds.

Otherwise, just letting you know that I'm still here (as once in osu!, always in osu!).

Happy clicking :)
srafay
Hey, I want to buy Redragon ARYAMAN K569 (it comes with Outemu blue switches). I wanted to ask if it's possible to replace a few switches in it with other switches? (like i want to replace one Outemu blue switch with Cherry MX Red). Is that doable easily?
[Zarc]

srafay wrote:

Hey, I want to buy Redragon ARYAMAN K569 (it comes with Outemu blue switches). I wanted to ask if it's possible to replace a few switches in it with other switches? (like i want to replace one Outemu blue switch with Cherry MX Red). Is that doable easily?

Does the keyboard have removable switch feature? If so you can just use keypuller to remove the switch and replace it. Otherwise you have to resolder the PCB to remove the switch and reinstall it again, which I don't recommend.
Here's an example of removable switch keyboard that I have
srafay

[Zarc] wrote:

srafay wrote:

Does the keyboard have removable switch feature? If so you can just use keypuller to remove the switch and replace it. Otherwise you have to resolder the PCB to remove the switch and reinstall it again, which I don't recommend.

Thanks for replying. The keyboard you have seems to be available only in your country I guess. After checking it's specs, it seems that it has Outemu blue switches. How is your experience with these switches (stream maps in which you need to double tap or maps in which you need to tap faster)
Topic Starter
The Gambler

srafay wrote:

Yes, you will have to desolder the switch and LED using a soldering iron, and solder wick/desoldering pump. You have to be careful in the process as you do not want to rip out PCB pads when removing the switch.

After you have desoldered the old switch, you will need to clean the hole where the switch pin used to be, then solder in the new switch, plus LED.
[Zarc]

srafay wrote:

[Zarc] wrote:

srafay wrote:

Thanks for replying. The keyboard you have seems to be available only in your country I guess. After checking it's specs, it seems that it has Outemu blue switches. How is your experience with these switches (stream maps in which you need to double tap or maps in which you need to tap faster)

I'm using Outemu brown now though, I bought them separately. My keyboard can only use Outemu switch, that sucks. They are ok but It feels like Cherry MX has shorter travel distance than Outemu. I can play stream maps just fine with them, sometimes I can stream up to 220 bpm.
LJBox

shortpotato wrote:

howdo i get razer switches?? i heard all the cool kids have them D:
Those switches arent very good
Yukanna
thx for the list, i will try to do it when i get the time/money for it ofc qwq