forum

osu! Solo Queue Ladder (Closed)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Tebz188
I don't know if it's intentional, but the mappools at website and docs arent the same.
Topic Starter
Ascendance

tbag188 wrote:

I don't know if it's intentional, but the mappools at website and docs arent the same.
Sometimes, one will be a bit later than the other ;w; sorry!
Bad at game
Fun so far, but I just had this happen
Xyrus_old_1
Does anyone have a list or link to the other beatmaps from previous phases? I enjoy the challenge these maps provide but I only noticed the SQL yesterday, so I've missed 68(?) beatmaps and can't find the google docs for them. :|
-Makishima S-

Just joined beginner ladder, expected a lot of #10-20k players, yet so far i found 2 and most of people are #50-80k. To be honest, skillcap for mappool is kinda high for this players, it is optimized fairly for ~#20k. Do you think you can create another ladder called "Newbie" for lower ranked players so Beginner will stay for higher ranked players?

I feel pretty bad as #20k playing against #100k or even #200k, had this kind of match today :(.

Overall it's fun, i feel like it's a LoL toxic-free full fun game \:D/ Thank you developers!
Radox1988

[Taiga] wrote:

Just joined beginner ladder, expected a lot of #10-20k players, yet so far i found 2 and most of people are #50-80k. To be honest, skillcap for mappool is kinda high for this players, it is optimized fairly for ~#20k. Do you think you can create another ladder called "Newbie" for lower ranked players so Beginner will stay for higher ranked players?

I feel pretty bad as #20k playing against #100k or even #200k, had this kind of match today :(.

Overall it's fun, i feel like it's a LoL toxic-free full fun game \:D/ Thank you developers!
I think that the skill cap is quite high indeed. I am #216k and it feels like I am far away from being able to participate in SQL.
Would like to participate in it a lot but 4*-4.5* is just not possible at this moment.
Are there any thoughts on creating an easier ladder or going back to around 3.5* like it was at the start of SQL?
-Makishima S-
Idea:

What came to my mind right now - if rank difference is more than for example 30k, allow higher ranked player to surrender without loosing points and cancel match, at least till matchmaking algorithm gets fixed or something. Playing against newbies is not fun, just makes me pretty much sad since they either quit in lobby or ragequit from map.

I had soooo much fun with Flanchan that i cannot describe this. Competition against higher ranked player is amazing, at least for me. Difference here is that i can efficiently play this mappool (despite standard is too hard for my skill level :(), i saw that even #70k had problems with simple nomod maps.

Could you give your opinion about either create another ladder for newbies with 2-3* maps or lower star rating for each ladder so players ranked ~#20k+ can efficiently compete in standard (map range between 4,6-5,2* for example)?

Thank you one more time, cheers!
ByteReaper
alright , first off iam NOT a staff member but iam arround since SQL started so let me answer to your questions and thoughts =)

[Taiga] wrote:

Just joined beginner ladder, expected a lot of #10-20k players, yet so far i found 2 and most of people are #50-80k.
in the beginning there where plenty of "highly skilled" players (i guess u can count myself as one) but since the queue´s almost died there arent many players anymore so it is only normal that u dont encounter these 10-20k players

[Taiga] wrote:

To be honest, skillcap for mappool is kinda high for this players, it is optimized fairly for ~#20k.
thats absolutely correct and its infact intended to be like this, not just in beginners league, all leagues are like this. basically its "be a really highly skilled player or dont even consider playing competitively" but thats not a SQL thing .... all turneys are like this

[Taiga] wrote:

Do you think you can create another ladder called "Newbie" for lower ranked players so Beginner will stay for higher ranked players?
i myself wrote about creating more leagues and the gap between beginner and standart beeing way to big....answer was this :

Minhtam wrote:

Typically, 100k players are casual players who are just getting into the game. It's not like they're just trying out the game for the first time, but they are not at a point where they can consistently FC 3.5* maps. Are they taking this game seriously? I can't say none of them are, but the vast majority of them don't play regularly and typically only play twice a month or so. In that sense, a league below the current Beginner league (3.75* to 4.5*) makes zero sense because very few of them have the discipline or the devotion to main this game.

In contrast, the majority of players that really take this game seriously are able to handle some of the easier Insane maps, or at least pass them. In that sense, having a Beginner league at 3.75* (the lowest difficulty for Insane maps) and up is a great introduction for serious players to start dabbling into serious play. Players that can't handle the beginner league should really start considering training for it by focusing on FC 99% some of the higher level Hard maps.

Yauxo wrote:

We currently cannot provide more than these 3 pools. Beginner is 3.7 - 4.5 too, not 3 - 4. I've made sure that there are easier and more difficult picks in the beginner pool, in case youre not able to consistently play the Standard picks.

so now to what u wrote Radox:

Radox1988 wrote:

I think that the skill cap is quite high indeed. I am #216k and it feels like I am far away from being able to participate in SQL.
Would like to participate in it a lot but 4*-4.5* is just not possible at this moment.
Are there any thoughts on creating an easier ladder or going back to around 3.5* like it was at the start of SQL?
look at the quote i listed above and u will see (IAM NOT TRYING TO BE RUDE!) u are seen as a "casual" player who dont take this game seriously and therefor u dont matter .... again .... aim not trying to be rude or to insult you ,.... iam just talking about what the staffmembers said, furthermore i dont speak FOR the staff ..... thats just my interpretation of the message from the staff
ByteReaper

[Taiga] wrote:

Idea:

What came to my mind right now - if rank difference is more than for example 30k, allow higher ranked player to surrender without loosing points and cancel match...
i see what you are thinkin there ..... but why would a player surrender a match where he can get "free rating"? i guess nobody would use such a feature

[Taiga] wrote:

... at least till matchmaking algorithm gets fixed or something. Playing against newbies is not fun, just makes me pretty much sad since they either quit in lobby or ragequit from map.
the matchmaking doesnt need a fix, there are just no players arround .... a couple weeks back when i was grindin for rank 1 in beginners league i encountered quite often players from rank 1 - 50(i was rank 5 to 2 at this time) but when none of them queued i met sooooo many "unranked" players or #200+ ... i mean yes, its kinda ashaming when the lobby title says "#2 vs #473" but thats not the matchmakings fault .... its just a lack of players. the matchmaking kinda works like this:

1min in queue "lookin for players with your rating +-50"
3min in queue "lookin for players with your rating +-150"
10min in queue "lookin for players with your rating +-300"
and ongoing. (i obviously dont have the correct values, its just to show how it works)

so what that means, if you are a long enough queued (and nobody else queues) stuff like #2 vs #473 happens

fun story here .... in expert league, THAT happend =)

[Taiga] wrote:

Could you give your opinion about either create another ladder for newbies with 2-3* maps or lower star rating for each ladder so players ranked ~#20k+ can efficiently compete in standard (map range between 4,6-5,2* for example)?
just look at my post above and your question should be answered =)

if thats not enough ... think about this:

i dont think that they will change anything until the season ended
Giralda

ByteReaper wrote:

yep.

It will just be chaotic if major changes were made in the last three weeks of the season.
Topic Starter
Ascendance
Sorry for the lack of transparency on our end. As Giralda said we'll be making some changes, so hold tight until the end :)
ThePooN

ByteReaper wrote:

its just a lack of players. the matchmaking kinda works like this:

1min in queue "lookin for players with your rating +-50"
3min in queue "lookin for players with your rating +-150"
10min in queue "lookin for players with your rating +-300"
and ongoing. (i obviously dont have the correct values, its just to show how it works)

[...]

You're 100% right about matchmaking, expected for the values obviously.
I can confirm you there won't be any change to SQL excepted bug fixes, stability improvements and mappools updates.
Minhtam

ByteReaper wrote:

[Taiga] wrote:

Do you think you can create another ladder called "Newbie" for lower ranked players so Beginner will stay for higher ranked players?
i myself wrote about creating more leagues and the gap between beginner and standart beeing way to big....answer was this :

Minhtam wrote:

Typically, 100k players are casual players who are just getting into the game. It's not like they're just trying out the game for the first time, but they are not at a point where they can consistently FC 3.5* maps. Are they taking this game seriously? I can't say none of them are, but the vast majority of them don't play regularly and typically only play twice a month or so. In that sense, a league below the current Beginner league (3.75* to 4.5*) makes zero sense because very few of them have the discipline or the devotion to main this game.

In contrast, the majority of players that really take this game seriously are able to handle some of the easier Insane maps, or at least pass them. In that sense, having a Beginner league at 3.75* (the lowest difficulty for Insane maps) and up is a great introduction for serious players to start dabbling into serious play. Players that can't handle the beginner league should really start considering training for it by focusing on FC 99% some of the higher level Hard maps.
I stand by everything that I said in this quote.

If you happen to be in the minority of the 100k players that do take this game seriously, the LAST thing you need is a Newbie ladder. What will end up happening is that some players who just want to be "at the top of a ladder" will drop down to Newbie and just constantly wreck the competition with SS after SS, and that only discourages potential competitors from playing in the SQL (and maybe osu! in general). Heck, someone literally did that to me in the Beginner division, and our matches got to the point where it was either SS or die.

A ranking restriction for that division simply won't work either because players will just multi-account (which is completely against the rules, but that doesn't stop players from doing it anyway).

I would suggest that if you are very passionate about playing in the SQL, then practice, practice, and practice. You'll get good enough to play the Beginner division in no time at all.
Electoz
Idk if this is supposed to happen.

By the way, why does he think I'm queueing in the first place?
ThePooN

Electoz wrote:

Idk if this is supposed to happen.

By the way, why does he think I'm queueing in the first place?
Maybe you queued in the past? There's no way to know who is in queue.
-Makishima S-
Oks, thanks for answer @ByteReaper (i was honestly thinking about meeting you for some challenging nice chitchat playz but meh).

Will wait for this huge changes and what they bring. As i said, i am looking forward for osu!SQL since it gives NICE competitive ladder within skill level (and occasion for friendly 1v1 and meeting some nice people).

Cheers guys, wish you all the best and leave your pc's for Easter :D
ByteReaper

[Taiga] wrote:

Oks, thanks for answer @ByteReaper (i was honestly thinking about meeting you for some challenging nice chitchat playz but meh).
iam glad i could help out =)

"thinking about meeting me" ? huh? in the beginners league or how do you want to meet me? i cant play anymore in the beginners league and standart is too hard for me but if u want , feel free to add me as a friend or message me when iam online =) i play in multi lobbys every now and then and i do like to play with some friends =)
Xyrus_old_1
Just tried queueing for a match a while a go, and according to the bot I found one, readied up, was told the other guy was ready as well, waited...and nothing.

I tried leaving the match but...apparantly I'm still in it. I wasn't told to create the room or whether the ohter guy was supposed to, so I'm not sure if that is the problem but...

I can't seem to leave :cry:

ThePooN

Xyrusd0t0 wrote:

Just tried queueing for a match a while a go, and according to the bot I found one, readied up, was told the other guy was ready as well, waited...and nothing.

I tried leaving the match but...apparantly I'm still in it. I wasn't told to create the room or whether the ohter guy was supposed to, so I'm not sure if that is the problem but...

I can't seem to leave :cry:

That issue is caused by some BanchoBot messages being randomly cut. Your match wasn't created correctly because we didn't get the mplog link entirely:
2016-04-02T16:17:58.065946476Z [IRC] <-- BanchoBot: Created the tournament match https://o

We're having that for weeks now and I see no solution. We absolutely have no clue.
I'm adding more logging each week but it is really hard to identify.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. As soon as the last match going on right now is done, I'll restart the bot and PM you in-game when it's ready again.
Xyrus_old_1

ThePooN wrote:

We're having that for weeks now and I see no solution. We absolutely have no clue.
I'm adding more logging each week but it is really hard to identify.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. As soon as the last match going on right now is done, I'll restart the bot and PM you in-game when it's ready again.
No problem, I'll just try playing later after the reset :)

EDIT: not sure if this helps, but the problem occurred after I registered, waited a few minutes, queued, unqueued for am minute, then queued again.
tfg50
RIP?
ThePooN

tfg50 wrote:

RIP?
Could you please explain what your issue is? The bot seems working fine atm.
I recommend you to use !ticket to report bugs, we are watching them.
tfg50
By that I meant "Where is the tournament? RIP?"
Minhtam

tfg50 wrote:

In your case, as the #1 seed for Standard, you're probably not going to be competing until June. The Beginner's division is going first.
ThePooN

Minhtam wrote:

tfg50 wrote:

In your case, as the #1 seed for Standard, you're probably not going to be competing until June. The Beginner's division is going first.
The beginner tournament is actually starting this weekend. If you want better and instant news, join our Discord server :)
A r M i N
Is there a way to queue 2v2 or 3v3 ? If not wouldnt it be a great idea to add that ? :D
ThePooN

A r M i N wrote:

Is there a way to queue 2v2 or 3v3 ? If not wouldnt it be a great idea to add that ? :D
Not at the moment. That's not planned until we have more players queuing. To give you an idea, Expert is almost empty.
meedow shom
so, are there some time that the bot will be on in?

because he seems that he/she/it is not online now!
Minhtam
did all of bancho just die?
meedow shom

Minhtam wrote:

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN?!

BANCHO IS IMMORTAL1!!!!11111
Upskirt

Minhtam wrote:

neh ;c
AlexDark69
When using the !challenge feature me and my friend got to a tiebreaker and were given a 3* map when we are both under 20k? Please fix this.
http://prntscr.com/b4aqt4
Minhtam
We need a streamer for the Saturday matches. Anybody available?
Drowned Crow
Dunno what it is or why it happens,but it Happend now 3times in a row...

ThePooN

FuturistigSan wrote:

Dunno what it is or why it happens,but it Happend now 3times in a row...

Bancho did not send your "!ready" command to the bot in time.
Frikandel
Is this dead already? To bad.
PattyPat
change the timers :(, I've lost 2 matches from my bad australian net trying to download the beatmaps :(
ThePooN

PattyPat wrote:

change the timers :(, I've lost 2 matches from my bad australian net trying to download the beatmaps :(
That's why we recommend to download all the beatmaps before playing. We won't change that.
Kushy
Does anyone even use this anymore? Really great concept, we need to push this out to the home page of osu!
Alpgh367

focusYT wrote:

Does anyone even use this anymore? Really great concept, we need to push this out to the home page of osu!
I'm still using it but it takes quite a lot of time to find a match :/ I agree with putting in on the home page
show more