forum

osu! Solo Queue Ladder (Closed)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Minhtam
OMG, the Beginner's mappool is within my range! I am so f***ing in!
Cowbrowncow
Wow I'm totally loving this :)
Karthy
Really enjoying this! Very nice to play in a competitive environment that isn't tourneys (cause tourneys scare me!)

One thing however, it'd be nice to have cleared up: When exactly do you start appearing on the rankings? I've played 4 games and I'm not on it at all. Do you only show after so many matches or what? Might be worth explaining that in the op
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Karthy wrote:

Really enjoying this! Very nice to play in a competitive environment that isn't tourneys (cause tourneys scare me!)

One thing however, it'd be nice to have cleared up: When exactly do you start appearing on the rankings? I've played 4 games and I'm not on it at all. Do you only show after so many matches or what? Might be worth explaining that in the op
You get shown after 5 "placement" games!
Malikil
Is the global ladder visible anywhere? I see the pool-specific ranks on the website, but the ever-elusive global ladder seems nowhere to be found.

Also great job with this, I've played a few matches and everything seems to be working smoothly. Very enjoyable and well done.
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Malikil wrote:

Is the global ladder visible anywhere? I see the pool-specific ranks on the website, but the ever-elusive global ladder seems nowhere to be found.

Also great job with this, I've played a few matches and everything seems to be working smoothly. Very enjoyable and well done.
global rank isnt out yet as we wanna find the perfect algorithm before releasing it ~
myst
WHY MEGA OH GOD WHY (pls have like a dropbox or puush mirror for map pools)
here to farm pp
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4478803 can someone help me?
what do i do now
Nezzar
Bad things happened if you pick first instead of ban, seems

and then both of us are kicked halfway the map. LOLWTF
RichJoker
So far, loving it!
jms8720

clp012345 wrote:

Bad things happened if you pick first instead of ban, seems

and then both of us are kicked halfway the map. LOLWTF
This happened to me too, actually with the same guy as well LOL

Maybe make the !pick command void until all the bans are done?
LMT
Got to a beginner queue today, loads of fun, went to tiebreaker as well. By the way the room is closed when either player quits or it automatically closes right after the game?
CM2
Lol

It's discouraging to see 4 digits in beginner pool
jurrrgis
MostDakka
Is fun. Is all you need to know. I really do hope this will be a success though and we will get something like this for taiko or mania one day.
livezi
Its really cool
But I have one problem. I am 20k rank and b pool is too ez (4/4 wins) but standart is too hard because of 4digits wins all mods
It should be more balanced idk
LMT

jurrrgis wrote:

LMT1996 wrote:

Got to a beginner queue today, loads of fun, went to tiebreaker as well. By the way the room is closed when either player quits or it automatically closes right after the game?
Doesn't really matter, you can just leave after the game. I think the room closes when one of the players quit, but I'm not sure.
Oh hey jurrrgis, you were my first opponent :D . I think the room closes automatically because I've played like 5 matches and the time after the last map finished to the time room closes is fairly consistent.

Btw, there's a typo when you type !maps , don't know if anyone's aware of it.
Lambroz
i join as Lambroz

when i type !register to osu_SQL, its in development mode, and what should i do?
reflection
update google doc? mappool not updated
Mindwaves
This it's really fun, and the maps choices are on point.

I really hope this has a huge success (and get a mania version one day too)
tfg50
This is tons of fun, thank you for not ruining it by limiting the standard queue to 4k. There are tons of different kinds of players, I'm ranked 1.9k but I can barely pass some of the maps from the expert pool and I know players ranked 15k that only play that kind of map.

One thing to keep in mind is that stars are not a great representation of difficulty, the first hr pick on the standard pool (touchuu aika) is way harder than anything else on the pool, even the tiebreaker. The other hr picks are free when comparing to this map, the only other pick that rivals its diff is move that body if your reading isn't great. I don't know, this might be intentional but anyway, thanks for spending your time on this awesome project ^^.

Tbh I feel like 1 ban for each side is too little for this ammount of maps. I'd like to hear the opinion of others on this matter.
Malikil

tfg50 wrote:

Tbh I feel like 1 ban for each side is too little for this ammount of maps. I'd like to hear the opinion of others on this matter.
I agree with this. I think one ban each was good with the smaller map pools, but since they put in more maps to pick from I think it should be increased to two bans each.
That would make it the same number of maps and bans as is in OWC: 18 maps (not including tiebreaker) with 2 bans per team.
Seto Kousuke

tfg50 wrote:

I agree too xD

tfg50 wrote:

One thing to keep in mind is that stars are not a great representation of difficulty, the first hr pick on the standard pool (touchuu aika) is way harder than anything else on the pool, even the tiebreaker.
This is also true, I was constantly picking touchuu aika because i know that the other player will miss several times if it's not a HR player with a certain ''skill level'' xD
DeletedUser_2098078
removed
ByteReaper
so ill just leave this here,

from what i have experienced (and from what friends told me) players like me have no place to play in here.... iam a 13-15k (noMod) player. so i downloaded the standard pack, started playing through the maps and noticed "whats up here? these maps are way to hard" i failed half of the nomod maps

i mean are 100k players really supposed to be able to pass these maps? am i really this bad? i thought about this and came to the conclusion that 3 leagues just arent enough.

right now its:

beginners: 600k - 20k (3 - 4 Stars)
Standard: 100k - 1k (4.5 - 5.4 Stars)
Expert: 6k and above (5.7 and above)

right now the maps are always matching the highest ranks in that league and its not a matter of "who plays better" its "who passed and who failed completely" or even "who is the first that failed" ..... at least thats what iam thinkin

i would change that to

Beginners: 600k - 100k ( 1 - 3.5 ? i really dont have a clue here)
Easy: 200k - 50k ( 3 - 4.5? i dont know what these guys play :D )
Standard: 75k -10k (this would be something from 4 -5 stars)
Advanced: 20k - 5k (this would be the "standart" league that we have right now 4.5 - 5.5)
Expert: 7k and above (5.5 and above)

the idea behind this is :

- in each league u have 3 kinds of players. 1st the ones that are able to do these songs but its pretty hard, 2nd players that are just fine with the difficulty and 3rd players that can reliably FC these maps

- many players can play in 2 leagues at the same time if they are at a threshhold in terms of difficulty, right now its more like this (at least in my expierience) "okay i cant pass half of these maps, what do i do? i would go back one league but iam not allowed to"

i would like to hear what you guys are thinking of this
Minhtam

ByteReaper wrote:

so ill just leave this here,

from what i have experienced (and from what friends told me) players like me have no place to play in here.... iam a 13-15k (noMod) player. so i downloaded the standard pack, started playing through the maps and noticed "whats up here? these maps are way to hard" i failed half of the nomod maps

i mean are 100k players really supposed to be able to pass these maps? am i really this bad? i thought about this and came to the conclusion that 3 leagues just arent enough.

right now its:

beginners: 600k - 20k (3 - 4 Stars)
Standard: 100k - 1k (4.5 - 5.4 Stars)
Expert: 6k and above (5.7 and above)

right now the maps are always matching the highest ranks in that league and its not a matter of "who plays better" its "who passed and who failed completely" or even "who is the first that failed" ..... at least thats what iam thinkin

i would change that to

Beginners: 600k - 100k ( 1 - 3.5 ? i really dont have a clue here)
Easy: 200k - 50k ( 3 - 4.5? i dont know what these guys play :D )
Standard: 75k -10k (this would be something from 4 -5 stars)
Advanced: 20k - 5k (this would be the "standart" league that we have right now 4.5 - 5.5)
Expert: 7k and above (5.5 and above)

the idea behind this is :

- in each league u have 3 kinds of players. 1st the ones that are able to do these songs but its pretty hard, 2nd players that are just fine with the difficulty and 3rd players that can reliably FC these maps

- many players can play in 2 leagues at the same time if they are at a threshhold in terms of difficulty, right now its more like this (at least in my expierience) "okay i cant pass half of these maps, what do i do? i would go back one league but iam not allowed to"

i would like to hear what you guys are thinking of this
Typically, 100k players are casual players who are just getting into the game. It's not like they're just trying out the game for the first time, but they are not at a point where they can consistently FC 3.5* maps. Are they taking this game seriously? I can't say none of them are, but the vast majority of them don't play regularly and typically only play twice a month or so. In that sense, a league below the current Beginner league (3.75* to 4.5*) makes zero sense because very few of them have the discipline or the devotion to main this game.

In contrast, the majority of players that really take this game seriously are able to handle some of the easier Insane maps, or at least pass them. In that sense, having a Beginner league at 3.75* (the lowest difficulty for Insane maps) and up is a great introduction for serious players to start dabbling into serious play. Players that can't handle the beginner league should really start considering training for it by focusing on FC 99% some of the higher level Hard maps.
Yauxo
We currently cannot provide more than these 3 pools. Beginner is 3.7 - 4.5 too, not 3 - 4. I've made sure that there are easier and more difficult picks in the beginner pool, in case youre not able to consistently play the Standard picks.
ByteReaper

Yauxo wrote:

We currently cannot provide more than these 3 pools. Beginner is 3.7 - 4.5 too, not 3 - 4. I've made sure that there are easier and more difficult picks in the beginner pool, in case youre not able to consistently play the Standard picks.
well thats pretty sad that u cant provide more than 3 "leagues" :cry: hopefully there will be more than 3 in the future

i havent looked much into the beginners league but it looks fine by me .... the part that bothers me is the standard league, i think the maps are to difficult for most players ranked at 100k - 20k ... iam just a bad example for showcasing "the maps are too hard"
MouseEasy
Sounds fun, i need to try it later
KamiNoKage
The Standard map-pool download needs to be updated!
I downloaded it not to long ago and 4 or 5 maps where missing :(
Phil42
I'll just leave my small feedback here as well.

First of all, THANK YOU for doing this, i had so much fun so far playing in a semi-competitive environment with a ranking where playing good means more than playing a lot. I only play in the beginner pool, so all I say only counts for this.

The matchmaking is really good in my opinion. I was really surprised by how close my games were. I played 6 games so far, and in 3 of them it went to a tiebreaker! Of course there will always be some 3:0 stomps, but in my experience and also by looking at live matches on the website they're pretty rare. 10/10 from my side.

The ranking system seems really solid to me. Classic elo system that we all know and love. It would be nice if you could look at more than the top 100 players tho since more and more are coming (but I'm pretty sure this is planned already). I realized one small thing, not sure if it's true, but sometimes people don't gain elo when winning vs unranked (maybe a bug or maybe I'm blind/stupid). 9/10

The match format is also really good in my opinion. Bo5 fits perfectly: not too short and not too long. 1 ban per player is fine I think, 2 would also be possible but I don't really care to be honest. Here I have to criticize something small tho (if it's just me, ignore it): The fact that the tiebreaker is one map and always the same annoys me a little to be honest, especially if it's the same 5 min map you play in 50% of your games. My suggestion here is to copy the system of CS:GO: If it's 2:2 the bot picks a random map from the pool that hasn't been banned or played. Like this also a bigger variety of maps would be played and the players have to be prepared for more maps and not just learn a few. The tiebreaker map could then just be added to free mod I guess.
Just a suggestion, feel free to discuss :P.. 7/10 here

The map pool is another big plus imo. I love the classification to nomod/hr/hd/dt/freemod. It allows so many different strategies. I also really like the chosen maps, good variety in style! Maybe a litte tiny more variety in difficulty would work tho, but that really isn't that important, I really like it the way it is.
9/10

TL;DR I love it. Every aspect of it. Only thing I'd change is to make tiebreaker from a fixed map to a random map from the pool.

Have a nice day y'all and see you in SQL and sry for englando

Phil
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Phil42 wrote:

I'll just leave my small feedback here as well.

First of all, THANK YOU for doing this, i had so much fun so far playing in a semi-competitive environment with a ranking where playing good means more than playing a lot. I only play in the beginner pool, so all I say only counts for this.

The matchmaking is really good in my opinion. I was really surprised by how close my games were. I played 6 games so far, and in 3 of them it went to a tiebreaker! Of course there will always be some 3:0 stomps, but in my experience and also by looking at live matches on the website they're pretty rare. 10/10 from my side.

The ranking system seems really solid to me. Classic elo system that we all know and love. It would be nice if you could look at more than the top 100 players tho since more and more are coming (but I'm pretty sure this is planned already). I realized one small thing, not sure if it's true, but sometimes people don't gain elo when winning vs unranked (maybe a bug or maybe I'm blind/stupid). 9/10

The match format is also really good in my opinion. Bo5 fits perfectly: not too short and not too long. 1 ban per player is fine I think, 2 would also be possible but I don't really care to be honest. Here I have to criticize something small tho (if it's just me, ignore it): The fact that the tiebreaker is one map and always the same annoys me a little to be honest, especially if it's the same 5 min map you play in 50% of your games. My suggestion here is to copy the system of CS:GO: If it's 2:2 the bot picks a random map from the pool that hasn't been banned or played. Like this also a bigger variety of maps would be played and the players have to be prepared for more maps and not just learn a few. The tiebreaker map could then just be added to free mod I guess.
Just a suggestion, feel free to discuss :P.. 7/10 here

The map pool is another big plus imo. I love the classification to nomod/hr/hd/dt/freemod. It allows so many different strategies. I also really like the chosen maps, good variety in style! Maybe a litte tiny more variety in difficulty would work tho, but that really isn't that important, I really like it the way it is.
9/10

TL;DR I love it. Every aspect of it. Only thing I'd change is to make tiebreaker from a fixed map to a random map from the pool.

Have a nice day y'all and see you in SQL and sry for englando

Phil
Thanks for your feedback!! About the tiebreaker, it's best to make it fixed, because for example, I can't play HR and if the tiebreaker randomly chooses an HR map, then I've already lost. Having a freemod fixed tiebreaker allows players to prepare and have a chance
tfg50
Another way to fix the issues he pointed out about the tiebreaker is the way it was done on the last brazilian doubles tournament. There were 3 tiebreaker maps, if the match comes to a tie, both players ban 1 tiebreaker and the last one gets played.
Lesteza
"beginner map" with some AR10 or thing like this lel
MostDakka
Its fairly easy for a ar10 map though. There are way harder maps in the pool than that.
Lesteza
"begninners" are not supposed to clear 180+BPM with this AR dude
MEMgrizzlies7

Lesteza wrote:

"begninners" are not supposed to clear 180+BPM with this AR dude
There's only one AR10 map in the pool. If you can't play it just use your ban on it.
ByteReaper
okay ive got a question, ive read this:

ok hi mr jerwu told me to make new tweet
Beginner: 600,000 - 13,500
Standard: 60,000 - 1
Expert: 6,000 - 1
my question is : is this information correct? because i cant queue up in the beginners league. i guess if this information is correct the SQL bot is just not updated to this
Topic Starter
Ascendance

ByteReaper wrote:

okay ive got a question, ive read this:

ok hi mr jerwu told me to make new tweet
Beginner: 600,000 - 13,500
Standard: 60,000 - 1
Expert: 6,000 - 1
my question is : is this information correct? because i cant queue up in the beginners league. i guess if this information is correct the SQL bot is just not updated to this
correct, it's available on the next update!
Seto Kousuke
Oh yeah, i wanted to ask...

About the freemod pool, mods are not forced....so basically this is just another NoMod bracket...any chances of it start being like the normal tourneys? where you MUST use at least 1 mod? that would help a lot in strategies and also make it more ''challenging''
show more