forum

osu! Solo Queue Ladder (Closed)

posted
Total Posts
show more
fartownik
RIP hype
Frikandel
I tried to !q s, but it said maintenance or something.
Topic Starter
Ascendance
Jeder
Not everyone is able to pass 200bpm maps(me too), could you do other (bpm based) categories like Standard 150-190BPM or something like that?
Endaris
I think losing maps due to being unable play something is intended by the system. It's a competitive system not one for fun. Aside from that there's not a single map with 200bpm or above in the beginnerpool as far as I can see and if you planned to play in the standard pool you're probably overestimating your own abilities.
Yauxo

Jeder wrote:

Not everyone is able to pass 200bpm maps(me too), could you do other (bpm based) categories like Standard 150-190BPM or something like that?
We (at least I try to) categorize the maps into different "types" of maps, such as Jumps, Streams, Technical, Consistency, Old, etc. and pick a pool with a blanced mix of said types. The pools should have something for everyone, even high and low bpm.
Personelll0
I am really really hyped for this, however I'm slightly annoyed by the map pools :( 3-4 and then 4.5-5.5 irks me because I cant pass any of the HD or HR picks (not even sure about no mod or DT) in the "standard" bracket but everything in the beginner bracket doesn't interest me as its rather slow. Is there any chance there may be another bracket added that would be of a similar level to the map pool in the 10k-50k OCT perhaps?
LightDreamer
Why is Stronger in the beginner pool? It's 4.6*!!!! I can't freakin dream to pass that, uh!
Blackheart
I have to agree that the maps are VERY hard in comparison to how the different pools were announced. I expected to be able to play Standard with maybe low accuracy and several combo-breaks per play, but I'm having problems even surviving them. The Beginner map pool is definitely not appropriate for players that identify aas beginners.

If the difficulties of the pools stay as they are, maybe a pool below what's currently Beginner would be good for new players, so newer players could join the SQL faster. They'd get some good (varied) maps out of it, and since it operates on multiplayer, it actually does discourage retrying mid-map. So, I think having something like Beginner < Novice < Advanced < Expert would be a good thing.
Frikandel
What does the phase 1 google spreadsheet mean? I see 13 maps, from what pool are they?
fartownik

SOLID771 wrote:

What does the phase 1 google spreadsheet mean? I see 13 maps, from what pool are they?
Frikandel

fartownik wrote:

SOLID771 wrote:

Oops! Thanks.
Queerix
Just wanting someone else's opinion, according to my top ranks and rank on my profile, what pool should I join? IM thinking Standard but I'm not sure....
Blackheart

shapapa wrote:

Just wanting someone else's opinion, according to my top ranks and rank on my profile, what pool should I join? IM thinking Standard but I'm not sure....
Try the maps from the different pools and then decide for yourself. To be honest, though, I'd be surprised if you'd be comfortable with even the Beginner maps.

edit: Oops, that was looking at your osu!mania profile. No, I think Beginner would be what you want. Still, try the pools for yourself.
Queerix

Romeo Conbolt wrote:

shapapa wrote:

Try the maps from the different pools and then decide for yourself. To be honest, though, I'd be surprised if you'd be comfortable with even the Beginner maps.
After trying a couple of the Standard Maps, I feel like I'm not that comfortable with the maps, but it wouldn't be fair to join the Beginner Pool. :/
Blackheart

shapapa wrote:

After trying a couple of the Standard Maps, I feel like I'm not that comfortable with the maps, but it wouldn't be fair to join the Beginner Pool. :/
Just do the Beginner pool if Standard is too hard for you - that's why there are multiple pools.
[ M e a k u ]

shapapa wrote:

Romeo Conbolt wrote:

shapapa wrote:

Im 15k and Im thinking beginner, i can play standard but some of them i just fail on. To me its fair for u to be in beginner
Queerix

Romeo Conbolt wrote:

shapapa wrote:

Im 15k and Im thinking beginner, i can play standard but some of them i just fail on. To me its fair for u to be in beginner
Hmmm, after taking advice and practicing a bit more I probs should play Beginner. I fail on a majority of the Standard ones as I can pass only about 2/3 of 5*s that I have ._.
Frikandel
lol I got a new toprank from the Standard ty for free peypey
NyarkoO
Hey Ascendance, I noticed a little error you did in the thingie, you might want to fix it if you want.
Yauxo

NyarkoO wrote:

Hey Ascendance, I noticed a little error you did in the thingie, you might want to fix it if you want.
you forgot kd pls
Corgified
Any update on the bug?
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Corgified wrote:

Any update on the bug?
osu_SQL bot v2 released for friday!
Zem

Ascendance wrote:

osu_SQL bot v2 released for friday!

Excited! Cant wait to try it out.
tfg50
Is this scorev2 or normal score?
Malikil

tfg50 wrote:

Is this scorev2 or normal score?

Ascendance wrote:

Scyan wrote:

Maybe I'm just blind, but is this standard scoring or score v2?
v1
MostDakka
I didnt play STD for a long time but this makes me want to come back

HYPE
Nykho
HYPE
Topic Starter
Ascendance
release soon! I've updated the original post in the " How Matches Work " section, please be sure to read it, as things have changed!
Rad-
Don't know where i should post errors but me and the other player didnt play because it said i took too long to ban a map, which wasn't true and got a 15 minute ban :/
NyarkoO
It's becuase you have - in your username, please read the announcements.
Jonese1234

Rad- wrote:

Don't know where i should post errors but me and the other player didnt play because it said i took too long to ban a map, which wasn't true and got a 15 minute ban :/
Currently the best place is the discord server
Ideal
this is some good stuff
tbh this should have more attention
Minhtam
OMG, the Beginner's mappool is within my range! I am so f***ing in!
Cowbrowncow
Wow I'm totally loving this :)
Karthy
Really enjoying this! Very nice to play in a competitive environment that isn't tourneys (cause tourneys scare me!)

One thing however, it'd be nice to have cleared up: When exactly do you start appearing on the rankings? I've played 4 games and I'm not on it at all. Do you only show after so many matches or what? Might be worth explaining that in the op
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Karthy wrote:

Really enjoying this! Very nice to play in a competitive environment that isn't tourneys (cause tourneys scare me!)

One thing however, it'd be nice to have cleared up: When exactly do you start appearing on the rankings? I've played 4 games and I'm not on it at all. Do you only show after so many matches or what? Might be worth explaining that in the op
You get shown after 5 "placement" games!
Malikil
Is the global ladder visible anywhere? I see the pool-specific ranks on the website, but the ever-elusive global ladder seems nowhere to be found.

Also great job with this, I've played a few matches and everything seems to be working smoothly. Very enjoyable and well done.
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Malikil wrote:

Is the global ladder visible anywhere? I see the pool-specific ranks on the website, but the ever-elusive global ladder seems nowhere to be found.

Also great job with this, I've played a few matches and everything seems to be working smoothly. Very enjoyable and well done.
global rank isnt out yet as we wanna find the perfect algorithm before releasing it ~
myst
WHY MEGA OH GOD WHY (pls have like a dropbox or puush mirror for map pools)
show more