forum

osu! Solo Queue Ladder (Closed)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kosmit
This is great idea.
Are you planning a similar system for other modes?
Jonese1234

Kosmit wrote:

This is great idea.
Are you planning a similar system for other modes?
Once we get this standard one working and stable, we will hopefully expand into other gamemode!
NyarkoO
This is going to be fucking amazing!
TheLukay
My terrible acc is going to throw me off in every pool haha
Scyan
Maybe I'm just blind, but is this standard scoring or score v2?
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Scyan wrote:

Maybe I'm just blind, but is this standard scoring or score v2?
v1
WriggleNightbug
I really like the idea of this thing, here are some thoughts on how to improve it on it's current state.

Try applying it for tournament staff position (Email tournaments@ppy.sh to do this)

If it gets allowed, what we can do is, allow it to do a whole lot more in automation, when you have tournament staff, you can message banchobot, the command, "!MP Make <Room Name>" and it'll make the room for you, with the bot in the room via IRC, or in it's normal client, thus removing requirement for having a designated match creator.

Once the match is created, the command !mp move <player> <slot> can automatically move the player into the room, albeit, with no warning, even if they're mid-map.

For chosing maps, you can have keep them posting the comand in either #multiplayer or the PM tab, which it'll then, be able to take that, and do an !Mp Map <Map ID> command accordingly, as well as the !Mp Mods command, which will set the mod for everyone.

(So for example, if i was in a room with expert maps, i and i chose map number 6, it would then do !mp map 239104 followed by !mp mods HD)

Beauty of all of this is, it works in IRC as well, so you don't need to have it on a physical osu! client, and it seems you already worked out a way for it to know who won and who lost, so that doesn't seem like it'll be an issue.

Overall, i REALLY enjoy this concept, i just think if you can successfully get it registered for tournament staff, automation like this would be a hell of a lot more convenient for the players.

Now note that i'm all suggesting this on a whim, not 100% sure if it's possible, if it isn't then feel free to disregard everything i posted here
- Marco -

TheBronyGames wrote:

I really like the idea of this thing, here are some thoughts on how to improve it on it's current state.

Try applying it for tournament staff position (Email tournaments@ppy.sh to do this)

If it gets allowed, what we can do is, allow it to do a whole lot more in automation, when you have tournament staff, you can message banchobot, the command, "!MP Make <Room Name>" and it'll make the room for you, with the bot in the room via IRC, or in it's normal client, thus removing requirement for having a designated match creator.

Once the match is created, the command !mp move <player> <slot> can automatically move the player into the room, albeit, with no warning, even if they're mid-map.

For chosing maps, you can have keep them posting the comand in either #multiplayer or the PM tab, which it'll then, be able to take that, and do an !Mp Map <Map ID> command accordingly, as well as the !Mp Mods command, which will set the mod for everyone.

(So for example, if i was in a room with expert maps, i and i chose map number 6, it would then do !mp map 239104 followed by !mp mods HD)

Beauty of all of this is, it works in IRC as well, so you don't need to have it on a physical osu! client, and it seems you already worked out a way for it to know who won and who lost, so that doesn't seem like it'll be an issue.

Overall, i REALLY enjoy this concept, i just think if you can successfully get it registered for tournament staff, automation like this would be a hell of a lot more convenient for the players.

Now note that i'm all suggesting this on a whim, not 100% sure if it's possible, if it isn't then feel free to disregard everything i posted here
Faceit way, looks good :Db
Nykho

TheBronyGames wrote:

I'm just HYPING if this can be done :D
Fredy
I created the game in multiplayer and osu start to processing maps, it takes a lot and the bot banned me...
Pls xd
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Fredyx2000 wrote:

I created the game in multiplayer and osu start to processing maps, it takes a lot and the bot banned me...
Pls xd
watch twitter aaaaaaaa
NyarkoO
Really buggy, got banned for 15 minutes for "TAKING TOO LONG".
Even though I was playing a match against a guy, still pretty cool tho!
Fredy

Ascendance wrote:

Fredyx2000 wrote:

Pls xd
watch twitter aaaaaaaa
i just saw it... but what are there??! xd
Mr HeliX
Coincidentally my opponent was someone in the same Skype call. He got banned during our match cause he was taking too long. The only one taking too long is the bot, it takes 5 minutes before a command is processed XD

Besides that, really great concept and nice tournament. But that bot should get fixed :P
DeletedUser_2098078
removed
fartownik
RIP hype
Frikandel
I tried to !q s, but it said maintenance or something.
Topic Starter
Ascendance
Jeder
Not everyone is able to pass 200bpm maps(me too), could you do other (bpm based) categories like Standard 150-190BPM or something like that?
Endaris
I think losing maps due to being unable play something is intended by the system. It's a competitive system not one for fun. Aside from that there's not a single map with 200bpm or above in the beginnerpool as far as I can see and if you planned to play in the standard pool you're probably overestimating your own abilities.
Yauxo

Jeder wrote:

Not everyone is able to pass 200bpm maps(me too), could you do other (bpm based) categories like Standard 150-190BPM or something like that?
We (at least I try to) categorize the maps into different "types" of maps, such as Jumps, Streams, Technical, Consistency, Old, etc. and pick a pool with a blanced mix of said types. The pools should have something for everyone, even high and low bpm.
Personelll0
I am really really hyped for this, however I'm slightly annoyed by the map pools :( 3-4 and then 4.5-5.5 irks me because I cant pass any of the HD or HR picks (not even sure about no mod or DT) in the "standard" bracket but everything in the beginner bracket doesn't interest me as its rather slow. Is there any chance there may be another bracket added that would be of a similar level to the map pool in the 10k-50k OCT perhaps?
LightDreamer
Why is Stronger in the beginner pool? It's 4.6*!!!! I can't freakin dream to pass that, uh!
Blackheart
I have to agree that the maps are VERY hard in comparison to how the different pools were announced. I expected to be able to play Standard with maybe low accuracy and several combo-breaks per play, but I'm having problems even surviving them. The Beginner map pool is definitely not appropriate for players that identify aas beginners.

If the difficulties of the pools stay as they are, maybe a pool below what's currently Beginner would be good for new players, so newer players could join the SQL faster. They'd get some good (varied) maps out of it, and since it operates on multiplayer, it actually does discourage retrying mid-map. So, I think having something like Beginner < Novice < Advanced < Expert would be a good thing.
Frikandel
What does the phase 1 google spreadsheet mean? I see 13 maps, from what pool are they?
fartownik

SOLID771 wrote:

What does the phase 1 google spreadsheet mean? I see 13 maps, from what pool are they?
Frikandel

fartownik wrote:

SOLID771 wrote:

Oops! Thanks.
Queerix
Just wanting someone else's opinion, according to my top ranks and rank on my profile, what pool should I join? IM thinking Standard but I'm not sure....
Blackheart

shapapa wrote:

Just wanting someone else's opinion, according to my top ranks and rank on my profile, what pool should I join? IM thinking Standard but I'm not sure....
Try the maps from the different pools and then decide for yourself. To be honest, though, I'd be surprised if you'd be comfortable with even the Beginner maps.

edit: Oops, that was looking at your osu!mania profile. No, I think Beginner would be what you want. Still, try the pools for yourself.
Queerix

Romeo Conbolt wrote:

shapapa wrote:

Try the maps from the different pools and then decide for yourself. To be honest, though, I'd be surprised if you'd be comfortable with even the Beginner maps.
After trying a couple of the Standard Maps, I feel like I'm not that comfortable with the maps, but it wouldn't be fair to join the Beginner Pool. :/
Blackheart

shapapa wrote:

After trying a couple of the Standard Maps, I feel like I'm not that comfortable with the maps, but it wouldn't be fair to join the Beginner Pool. :/
Just do the Beginner pool if Standard is too hard for you - that's why there are multiple pools.
[ M e a k u ]

shapapa wrote:

Romeo Conbolt wrote:

shapapa wrote:

Im 15k and Im thinking beginner, i can play standard but some of them i just fail on. To me its fair for u to be in beginner
Queerix

Romeo Conbolt wrote:

shapapa wrote:

Im 15k and Im thinking beginner, i can play standard but some of them i just fail on. To me its fair for u to be in beginner
Hmmm, after taking advice and practicing a bit more I probs should play Beginner. I fail on a majority of the Standard ones as I can pass only about 2/3 of 5*s that I have ._.
Frikandel
lol I got a new toprank from the Standard ty for free peypey
NyarkoO
Hey Ascendance, I noticed a little error you did in the thingie, you might want to fix it if you want.
Yauxo

NyarkoO wrote:

Hey Ascendance, I noticed a little error you did in the thingie, you might want to fix it if you want.
you forgot kd pls
Corgified
Any update on the bug?
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Corgified wrote:

Any update on the bug?
osu_SQL bot v2 released for friday!
Zem

Ascendance wrote:

osu_SQL bot v2 released for friday!

Excited! Cant wait to try it out.