Are showmatches going to be a thing?
[ M e a k u ]

VnSoul wrote:

[ M e a k u ] wrote:

So i registerd, when can i play?

How about reading the post? :^)
*Subject to change - perhaps earlier
BakedMPotato
This might be dumb but can you change difficulties say for example change from beginner to standard?
Topic Starter
Ascendance

JellyBn wrote:

This might be dumb but can you change difficulties say for example change from beginner to standard?
Yep!
Malikil
A few questions:

• 1. How do you play a match? I get that you pm the bot with !q and your difficulty level, but at that point does it simply tell you who your opponent is and you need to create a lobby yourself and invite them to it? Or would there be some other way of getting into game.
  • 2. How are wins reported?
  • 3. For FreeMod picks, are you required to select a mod, or can you play it NoMod?
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Malikil wrote:

A few questions:

• 1. How do you play a match? I get that you pm the bot with !q and your difficulty level, but at that point does it simply tell you who your opponent is and you need to create a lobby yourself and invite them to it? Or would there be some other way of getting into game.
  • 2. How are wins reported?
  • 3. For FreeMod picks, are you required to select a mod, or can you play it NoMod?
1. The bot will assign a match creator randomly between the two

2. The bot knows who wins and loses!

3. the one who picked freemod must use a mod, the other player has a mod/nomod choice
AngeIsim
This looks so great, I'm so excited. I can't believe this is really coming out. Dank.

HYPE
fartownik

Ascendance wrote:

3. the one who picked freemod must use a mod, the other player has a mod/nomod choice
Wat. No one is going to play freemod then, or rather, no one is going to pick a mod because the risk-reward ratio works against the player who wants to play with the mod. Why not do it OWC-style?
Blackheart

fartownik wrote:

Ascendance wrote:

Wat. No one is going to play freemod then, or rather, no one is going to pick a mod because the risk-reward ratio works against the player who wants to play with the mod. Why not do it OWC-style?
Well, everyone that can consistently play the freemod map with HR or HD can pick it without any problems, and probably will pick it. OWC-style would be that in every team, at least 1 mod has to be taken - since this is 1v1, it would force to take a mod. I think the current rule is a good compromise.
Topic Starter
Ascendance

fartownik wrote:

Ascendance wrote:

We reverted the rule now, no forced mods on freemod!
fartownik
I did mean the exact opposite. Instead of not forcing freemod, force it for everyone instead of just one player. Not-forced-freemod was a thing back in the old OWCs and it didn't work.
LightDreamer
What is the diff played in each mapset?
And also, everything is soooo unclear..... Brain can't process all..... But registered anyway, since I can actually play 4* maps now.....
Nykho
Well, 29 is today ! Can we start Queuing ? :)
Thx again for the ladder, this will be fun :D
Nezzar
Topic Starter
Ascendance

clp012345 wrote:

Queue isnt launched until later today o:
Kosmit
This is great idea.
Are you planning a similar system for other modes?
Jonese1234

Kosmit wrote:

This is great idea.
Are you planning a similar system for other modes?
Once we get this standard one working and stable, we will hopefully expand into other gamemode!
NyarkoO
This is going to be fucking amazing!
TheLukay
My terrible acc is going to throw me off in every pool haha
Scyan
Maybe I'm just blind, but is this standard scoring or score v2?
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Scyan wrote:

Maybe I'm just blind, but is this standard scoring or score v2?
v1
WriggleNightbug
I really like the idea of this thing, here are some thoughts on how to improve it on it's current state.

Try applying it for tournament staff position (Email tournaments@ppy.sh to do this)

If it gets allowed, what we can do is, allow it to do a whole lot more in automation, when you have tournament staff, you can message banchobot, the command, "!MP Make <Room Name>" and it'll make the room for you, with the bot in the room via IRC, or in it's normal client, thus removing requirement for having a designated match creator.

Once the match is created, the command !mp move <player> <slot> can automatically move the player into the room, albeit, with no warning, even if they're mid-map.

For chosing maps, you can have keep them posting the comand in either #multiplayer or the PM tab, which it'll then, be able to take that, and do an !Mp Map <Map ID> command accordingly, as well as the !Mp Mods command, which will set the mod for everyone.

(So for example, if i was in a room with expert maps, i and i chose map number 6, it would then do !mp map 239104 followed by !mp mods HD)

Beauty of all of this is, it works in IRC as well, so you don't need to have it on a physical osu! client, and it seems you already worked out a way for it to know who won and who lost, so that doesn't seem like it'll be an issue.

Overall, i REALLY enjoy this concept, i just think if you can successfully get it registered for tournament staff, automation like this would be a hell of a lot more convenient for the players.

Now note that i'm all suggesting this on a whim, not 100% sure if it's possible, if it isn't then feel free to disregard everything i posted here
- Marco -

TheBronyGames wrote:

I really like the idea of this thing, here are some thoughts on how to improve it on it's current state.

Try applying it for tournament staff position (Email tournaments@ppy.sh to do this)

If it gets allowed, what we can do is, allow it to do a whole lot more in automation, when you have tournament staff, you can message banchobot, the command, "!MP Make <Room Name>" and it'll make the room for you, with the bot in the room via IRC, or in it's normal client, thus removing requirement for having a designated match creator.

Once the match is created, the command !mp move <player> <slot> can automatically move the player into the room, albeit, with no warning, even if they're mid-map.

For chosing maps, you can have keep them posting the comand in either #multiplayer or the PM tab, which it'll then, be able to take that, and do an !Mp Map <Map ID> command accordingly, as well as the !Mp Mods command, which will set the mod for everyone.

(So for example, if i was in a room with expert maps, i and i chose map number 6, it would then do !mp map 239104 followed by !mp mods HD)

Beauty of all of this is, it works in IRC as well, so you don't need to have it on a physical osu! client, and it seems you already worked out a way for it to know who won and who lost, so that doesn't seem like it'll be an issue.

Overall, i REALLY enjoy this concept, i just think if you can successfully get it registered for tournament staff, automation like this would be a hell of a lot more convenient for the players.

Now note that i'm all suggesting this on a whim, not 100% sure if it's possible, if it isn't then feel free to disregard everything i posted here
Faceit way, looks good :Db
Nykho

TheBronyGames wrote:

I'm just HYPING if this can be done :D
Fredy
I created the game in multiplayer and osu start to processing maps, it takes a lot and the bot banned me...
Pls xd
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Fredyx2000 wrote:

I created the game in multiplayer and osu start to processing maps, it takes a lot and the bot banned me...
Pls xd
watch twitter aaaaaaaa
NyarkoO
Really buggy, got banned for 15 minutes for "TAKING TOO LONG".
Even though I was playing a match against a guy, still pretty cool tho!
Fredy

Ascendance wrote:

Fredyx2000 wrote:

Pls xd
watch twitter aaaaaaaa
i just saw it... but what are there??! xd
Mr HeliX
Coincidentally my opponent was someone in the same Skype call. He got banned during our match cause he was taking too long. The only one taking too long is the bot, it takes 5 minutes before a command is processed XD

Besides that, really great concept and nice tournament. But that bot should get fixed :P
DeletedUser_2098078
removed
fartownik
RIP hype
Frikandel
I tried to !q s, but it said maintenance or something.
Topic Starter
Ascendance
Jeder
Not everyone is able to pass 200bpm maps(me too), could you do other (bpm based) categories like Standard 150-190BPM or something like that?
Endaris
I think losing maps due to being unable play something is intended by the system. It's a competitive system not one for fun. Aside from that there's not a single map with 200bpm or above in the beginnerpool as far as I can see and if you planned to play in the standard pool you're probably overestimating your own abilities.
Yauxo

Jeder wrote:

Not everyone is able to pass 200bpm maps(me too), could you do other (bpm based) categories like Standard 150-190BPM or something like that?
We (at least I try to) categorize the maps into different "types" of maps, such as Jumps, Streams, Technical, Consistency, Old, etc. and pick a pool with a blanced mix of said types. The pools should have something for everyone, even high and low bpm.
Personelll0
I am really really hyped for this, however I'm slightly annoyed by the map pools :( 3-4 and then 4.5-5.5 irks me because I cant pass any of the HD or HR picks (not even sure about no mod or DT) in the "standard" bracket but everything in the beginner bracket doesn't interest me as its rather slow. Is there any chance there may be another bracket added that would be of a similar level to the map pool in the 10k-50k OCT perhaps?
LightDreamer
Why is Stronger in the beginner pool? It's 4.6*!!!! I can't freakin dream to pass that, uh!
show more