forum

random hypethread for an awesome play(not cookiezi)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Endaris
After 5,5 years it finally happened.
DJPop's TAG4-Difficulty for beatMARIO - Night of Knights got FC'd by a single player 2 days ago: Maxe191 with EZ-Mod.
Let's raise our steaks in view of this magnificient display of skill.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/58064?m=0
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4355524

May the circles bless him in the future as well so he can FC Barusa no Mikosu too.

//thread
E m i
I-I prefer Riviclia's play
Endie-

Momiji wrote:

I prefer GN's play(s)
shortpotato
wow !!!
E m i

Momiji wrote:

LOL OKAY
Bara-
Wtf
Not even ExGon?
Topic Starter
Endaris

Momiji wrote:

Momiji wrote:

LOL OKAY
lol
nice :D
Yuudachi-kun
Djpop and Lesjuh make the best worst maps
DeathHydra

Khelly wrote:

Djpop and Lesjuh make the best worst maps
Sounds really weird, but I get what you mean.
CXu
Pretty sure GN FCd this with ez sometime in 2014 though :(
Topic Starter
Endaris

CXu wrote:

Can we hype anyway? :(
-GN

CXu wrote:

not to mention i did it with EZHD 5 months later as well :(

rivi will fc it with EZHD himself sometime later though. just a matter of time
-Makishima S-
-GN on forum, i am dreaming.

Dear -GN, self-sign your Nhato Miss You HDHR FC and send me pls, i will make a big picture of it and put on the wall <3
One of this scores which will be for looooooooooong time not contested (if ever).
Holy now i feel hype.

*bows to the ground*
B1rd
yeah, let's have a thread for the best plays except for the ones by the best player.
Yuudachi-kun

B1rd wrote:

yeah, let's have a thread for the best plays except for the ones by the best player.
Because then that would be the obvious choice and the thread would be 90% filled with that player.
Novalogic

B1rd wrote:

Don't question it. In this community when you are hyping any noticeable score it is a good thing, unless it was set by obama - then you are immediately becoming a fanboy.
B1rd

Khelly wrote:

B1rd wrote:

Because then that would be the obvious choice and the thread would be 90% filled with that player.
Maybe because he makes 90% of the good scores.

Alternatively we can talk about some obscure EZ scores or hvick's latest TV size DT FC.
Yuudachi-kun
Exactly, so in order to have variety you exclude him because just talking about one person becomes boring and stale
-Makishima S-

Novalogic wrote:

B1rd wrote:

Don't question it. In this community when you are hyping any noticeable score it is a good thing, unless it was set by obama - then you are immediately becoming a fanboy.
Obama scores are good, i think a lot of people secretly stalk his profile for new juicy scores but doesn't realy put much expression in forum / ingame chat about that (me too tho... not a fanboy but i do daily check for another sick score).

And whenever Obama make a sick score, just check /r/all in the morning, it will be there 8-).

To stay on topic: -GN gimme your autograph with your "Miss You" FC ;w;
chainpullz

B1rd wrote:

This. Seriously, if you want to make fan boy threads then keep them to reddit or off topic or smth. They don't really belong in G&R. If you want to talk about the ranking system/gameplay elements citing a map or play as an example that's one thing. Blatant fan boy threads don't belong regardless of who is being fanboy'd.

Edit: assuming b1rd's post is referencing double standards.
Yuudachi-kun
Gameplay & Rankings
Discuss your scores, strategies etc. Challenge people. Anything about playing osu!
chainpullz

Khelly wrote:

Gameplay & Rankings
Discuss your scores, strategies etc. Challenge people.Anything about playing osu!
Playing is present tense, not past tense. This thread was not created to talk about *playing* something, it was created to talk about *having played*. In addition, it is not the OP's score, rather someone else's. No where does the op mention strategies. There is no actual challenge thrown down. This is a fanboy thread and belongs in offtopic with all the other fanboy and shitpost threads.

No offense to the person who achieved this score, it's impressive to say the least (even if -GN etc have done better).
KanoSet

chainpullz wrote:

Playing is present tense, not past tense. This thread was not created to talk about *playing* something, it was created to talk about *having played*.
pls don't do that
but i agree that isn't a theard to be in G&R
-Makishima S-
If Ednaris went with initiative to show some, let's don't lie, exotic interesting score becouse same as top players 600-700pp scores, you don't see often someone who actualy FC TAG4 map, let it be.

Sorry but with this crybabe behavior becouse this topic is not about Obama you don't actualy put anything into topic, just create a mess.
From B1rd, Khel and chain, this sounds like pure hate.
Yuudachi-kun

chainpullz wrote:

Khelly wrote:

Gameplay & Rankings
Discuss your scores, strategies etc. Challenge people.Anything about playing osu!
Playing is present tense, not past tense. This thread was not created to talk about *playing* something, it was created to talk about *having played*. In addition, it is not the OP's score, rather someone else's. No where does the op mention strategies. There is no actual challenge thrown down. This is a fanboy thread and belongs in offtopic with all the other fanboy and shitpost threads.

No offense to the person who achieved this score, it's impressive to say the least (even if -GN etc have done better).
Playing is a noun; gerunds are nouns and verbs (or verbs that act as nouns); the forum is about the playing of osu. Can we not say the thread is about someone that was playing osu?
Topic Starter
Endaris
I thought it was an amazing score that wouldn't get much recognition. Famous player's profiles get stalked daily so there's no way anyone in the community will ever miss out on a sick regular play.
Maxe191 and incidently also Riviclia are players that are very impressive in their own way yet they aren't even recognized as godly EZ-players by most people. Millhi, GN, Ekoro and SapphireGhost are names that immediately come to mind when talking about EZ-mod.
I know that it doesn't quite belong anywhere to discuss about plays(other than reddit) but I thought the score was
a) interesting
b) not recognized by most people
c) done by someone not as known

I didn't know that -GN already did that score but being second and third is still pretty cool.
Personally I tried to play Night of Knights too but I figured that I'm too slow to manage reading ahead and dealing with the 190bpm 1/4 patterns at the same time (= can't play that map at all).

Towards B1rd's slightly silly whiteknighting, oh well. I only wrote "not cookiezi" in the title to indicate that I am not talking about some 700pp play done by Cookiezi that arrived some days late on my brain due to me being too stupid(or too intelligent?) to look at reddit. I only wanted to indicate that the random hype was about a play most people probably didn't and wouldn't notice. I agree that it's technically in the wrong subforum. From my side this can get locked.
Saphirshroom

chainpullz wrote:

Khelly wrote:

Gameplay & Rankings
If the rules are formulated so poorly that one has to nitpick in order to qualify a thread as a shitpost it's hardly the posters fault.
ZenithPhantasm
Whats so special about this play again?
chainpullz

Saphirshroom wrote:

If the rules are formulated so poorly that one has to nitpick in order to qualify a thread as a shitpost it's hardly the posters fault.
His quote isn't even from the official G&R rules. If we want to pull from there:

Stefan wrote:

This forum should be used to get advice and feedback, talking about Ranks and how to improve.
Then threads devoted specifically to discussing scores aren't within the scope of what this sub-forums is to be used for. I just wanted to avoid a quote with the ambiguity of "rankings" so I refrained from referencing the actual rules. Besides, mods have set a precedent for threads such as these.

If you were to ask me what I believe the meaning of "rankings" is in this context, it is the ranking system, not any individual rank.

Like, it's ok if you want to share scores & replays, or discuss individual players with a group of people but this simply isn't the place. I'd also appreciate if people would grow up and realize that these types of threads for random player X aren't suddenly ok because they aren't discussing cookiezi or smth.
Saphirshroom

chainpullz wrote:

Like, it's ok if you want to share scores & replays, or discuss individual players with a group of people but this simply isn't the place. I'd also appreciate if people would grow up and realize that these types of threads for random player X aren't suddenly ok because they aren't discussing cookiezi or smth.
Yeah, I agree that Reddit is the place to go for those threads and that mods have already established that. It just bothers me that like 30% of all threads are from people unable to use search engines properly. You don't see those threads getting locked, ever. I merely wanted to point out that the rules aren't very consistent in that regard, so personally I don't see an issue with posting an interesting score that people possibly wouldn't see otherwise (as opposed to scores achieved by well-known players).
Topic Starter
Endaris
It would be nice if you just contacted a mod to lock this instead of repeating that such threads aren't desired here over and over.
-Makishima S-
Then threads devoted specifically to discussing scores aren't within the scope of what this sub-forums is to be used for
A lot of threads are not, yet they are acceptable.

Yeah, I agree that Reddit is the place to go for those threads
Not everyone enjoy reddit, it's VERY specific group of people and in comparation, GnR forum is completly diffrent, way less toxic and more constructive to discuss.

I realy don't get this argumentation against this topic existence, it sounds half as hate, half as crying. Can we stop already?

Or rename topic for unnoticed amazing scores and discuss them since this kind of topic don't have his place on "reddit" and here many people will enjoy it.
Yuudachi-kun

Saphirshroom wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

Yeah, I agree that Reddit is the place to go for those threads and that mods have already established that. It just bothers me that like 30% of all threads are from people unable to use search engines properly. You don't see those threads getting locked, ever. I merely wanted to point out that the rules aren't very consistent in that regard, so personally I don't see an issue with posting an interesting score that people possibly wouldn't see otherwise (as opposed to scores achieved by well-known players).
It looks like you're slowly getting acclimated to the G&R Trenches. Welcome to hell.
B1rd

Khelly wrote:

Exactly, so in order to have variety you exclude him because just talking about one person becomes boring and stale
People will talk about a person based on the merit of their scores. Obviously Cookiezi will be talked about more because he has the best scores. But then other players will be talked about and compared to Cookiezi and that's half the fun. Saying that you're not allowed to talk about a score because it's by a specific person is stupid.
-Makishima S-
But then other players will be talked about and compared to Cookiezi and that's half fun.
Show me who in this thread compared this scores to Cookiezi.
oh wait:

B1rd wrote:

Indirect comparation of Maze191 and Cookiezi

Much hypocritical, totaly reddit gangnam style.

B1rd wrote:

Alternatively we can talk about some obscure EZ scores or hvick's latest TV size DT FC.
Explain me what is obscure in EZ score?
Give me proper explanation with arguments why it is so "obscure".
Duh....

B1rd wrote:

One more time,
It's about one ceratin score which isn't played often by every single top player and you can see it dunno how many times, yet map itself is VERY difficult.
More - most of players following and worshiping top rank players know about maps like FD4D, Image Material etc. Maybe like 20% of them is aware that actualy TAG4 maps exist and are played by completly diffrent group of people.
This is not a thread about "best scores".
That's major diffrence, it's like comparing a rock concert where majority of youth goes into Opera art where only ceratin people are going.
Just stop already, realy.

@Edit: I think ExGon U.N. Owen TAG4 EZ fc could be worh tons of pp but TAG4 ;w;
show more