forum

Rank lowering

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jinkela
Hi there!
Is ther anyway to get your rank lowered?
I am currently 36k (used to be 24k) and it seems that i cannot get pp and ranks anymore, maybe because i didnt play for quite a long time (school).
Is there any way to be set back at around 70k or 60k?
That way i could finally get some ranks again without playing with mods (which i hate)
Thanks!
Nabel_old_1
erm no.... Why would you want to get your ranked lowered :o. Just play and enjoy the game who cares about rank.
Topic Starter
Jinkela

Nabel wrote:

erm no.... Why would you want to get your ranked lowered :o. Just play and enjoy the game who cares about rank.

Because of the fact that I can only see myself improve if I get some ranks, otherwise it just doesnt work for me..
I lost 13k ranks just in the time that i was gone and the fact that all my friends i know are 4k atm just makes wanna quit..
It just feels like i cannot improve in playing and that i will continue to lose ranks like this
deletemyaccount

Jinkela wrote:

Because of the fact that I can only see myself improve if I get some ranks, otherwise it just doesnt work for me..
I lost 13k ranks just in the time that i was gone and the fact that all my friends i know are 4k atm just makes wanna quit..
It just feels like i cannot improve in playing and that i will continue to lose ranks like this
How do you think your friends got to their ranks?

Stop lying to yourself and focus on improvement. The reason why you can't get pp is because you've hit a wall; you gotta challenge yourself.
Nabel_old_1
if you were able to set 140 pp scores you should be able to 68 pp + scores even if you stopped playing for a while lol.
DeathHydra

Jinkela wrote:

Is there any way to be set back at around 70k or 60k?
That way i could finally get some ranks again without playing with mods (which i hate)
What?

Even if there is a way, your rank will be stuck again at around now (37k) because that's your current level, and that will keep repeating until you are really playing to improve yourself and not just for ranks. Just keep playing various beatmaps and you will catch up to your friend's level. It will take some time, don't expect it to be right away.
Bara-
Use tillerino
Saphirshroom

Jinkela wrote:

If that's your mentality, you should quit to be honest. It's just a game so there's really no point playing it if you don't have fun.
Infevo
If you want to get back to 70k in order to get easy ranks again you should simply not play another 2-3 years. All you need to do is bring thousands of new osu! players which play during your absence and make them surpass your current pp. Be aware though, you will likely end up above 50k, maybe 55k, if you do this and don't effectively improve your game eventually.

Your better option would be to play the game and invest actual time again. As all the players which surpassed you did while you didn't play at all. If you want to compete for rank in this (or any game) you will not only have to push your pp independently from others but also get better quicker than anyone around your rank. And this won't happen without any practice whatsoever.
silento
Skill guarantees pp, not the other way around. Get better, then go earn your ranks.

Oh, and please enjoy the game along the way. If you make this game a grind, be prepared to stagnate eventually and hate yourself even more.
Endaris
Remember that Jinkela is always with you.
Also play more, Rome wasn't build in one day and stuff.
Endie-
Try to improve. Jumping over people who are worse than you gives no satisfaction unless you've worked for it
DegPixel
I could go make a new account and get 100pp on my first play, but even though I'd gain a ton of "rank", it wouldn't be satisfying. Identify and fix your weaknesses, and then go play some pp farm maps to feel good about yourself or something.

I stopped playing for several months and came back, I'd dropped 40k ranks. I spent so long trying to get back to the rank I was at previously, but in reality the skill level at that rank was significantly higher than when I stopped playing, so it will obviously take awhile, but it's worth it.
gregest

Jinkela wrote:

with that thinking you will 100% won't get anywhere
Minhtam
The only way to intentionally lower your rank is to continue to play songs that give less PP than your 100th top play and wait while other players pass you.

I've been doing it since I hit sub 27k about a month and a half ago and it's working like a charm.
KanoSet
Ho-Hold on.. you want to be at a lower rank so you can rank up again.. why ?
you wanna improve play more but what you wanna do doesn't make sense
dung eater
there are gimmicky ways of losing pp, but it's not very effective

you could go offline _while_ practicing, not set any new scores for 6-12 months and you'll be pretty high rank. depending on the amount you got gud, you can rank up pretty fast. if you didn't practice you'll still be stuck.
shortpotato
play more
otoed1
Just play the game, I deranked a bunch when i quit for a while too, just play or don't.
Barusamikosu
Stop submitting PP and play graveyard maps exclusively while you de-rank.

One or two months from now you can take advantage of your new skills to gain ranks or continue to de-rank and become the graveyard master.
chainpullz

Barusamikosu wrote:

One or two months from now you can take advantage of your new skills to gain ranks or continue to de-rank and become the graveyard master.
Takes longer than that. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
-Akeno-
I dont get the fact you want to go back to 70k to "improve" , you can improve anytime anywhere , top players still improves.