Osu! 2v2 Tournament Rank 40k - 70k [Congrats Kawaii Squad]

posted
Total Posts

Should I add a Hard Rock pool to the All Star thing

Yes
34.48%
No
22.41%
[ Yui ] you are awesome. Here have a Cookie (Legally binds you to give me a cookie)
27.59%
[ Yui ] you suck, so here have a Cookie (Legally binds you to give me a cookie)
15.52%
Total votes: 58
show more
Hythlodaeus

PiiiPiii wrote:

Ascended wrote:

Basically, I really hate the fact I'm forced to play out-of-meta maps when my whole reason of joining tournaments were to have fun and I honestly don't care that I can't play maps from 2011 etc... because that's not what drawn me into the game.

You aren't the only one who is playing. This is their tournament, their picks. You don't like them? Ban them. And I hope you did not think that everyone's going to pick those ''out-of-meta'' songs you mentioned.
No need to be so rude when we're debating calmly. I also think you're mistaking the relationship between the producer and the consumer. Sure it's their tournament, but their tournament is played by their players. In essence, we are the ones who decide what maps are played or nobody would like to play in this tournament anyway. Also, I don't want variables in what we're playing. Sure, not everybody is going to play the out-of-meta songs but considering you're saying 'everybody', that means there's still a chance that people will play those songs. As I said beforehand, I don't want to play those songs regardless if I only have to play them once or twice and It's obviously impossible to ban away all of those songs due to quantity and I also need to ban away what my team doesn't like to maximize our chances of winning. Finally, while I'm completely fine with answering these replies, please read through what you write because it was very obvious in what was wrong in your 'suggestions'. I'd rather not waste time writing pointless replies for the sake of both of us.
Electoz
I don't even know why we are discussing this.
Hythlodaeus

Electoz wrote:

I don't even know why we are discussing this.
Tbh, I don't know either, I was done with it until that guy came to dig it in.
PiiiPiii_old

Ascended wrote:

No need to be so rude when we're debating calmly. I also think you're mistaking the relationship between the producer and the consumer. ...I'd rather not waste time writing pointless replies for the sake of both of us.

Ascended wrote:

Tbh, I don't know either, I was done with it until that guy came to dig it in.

ooops, didn't know you define ''rude'' that way. Byee
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
The times are up for tomorrow. If you have any conflicts please tell me and I will try to compensate. :D
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
Make sure to check the google doc to see if your time has changed because it most likely has and will probably change constantly depending on responses.
Xelias
Is there going to be a mappool show case today? inb4 NF mappool...

Also, everyone has their own preferences in maps, however even Yui told us, he put in some troll maps. I'm not going to complain since I really don't give a single shit. But, Yui, please don't ever put troll maps in for tournaments, or you'll stir up a lot of hate.
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
Yes there is a map pool showcase once I am done with my homework and get in contact with the streamer. I may stream one person though if I can't get in contact with the streamer.
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
About to stream the finals map pool. I am creating a lobby for you to join just pm me and I will let you in. I will be the only one you see though.
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
The map pool is up. I do not have links for them yet, but the rules and maps are there for you to search. I will have the links up by the end of tonight for you to download.
WhakMyWontons
If I'm reading it correctly, and referencing the challonge bracket, winners round 3 and losers round 2 will be played on saturday and winners semifinals and losers round 3 on sunday?
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]

WhakMyWontons wrote:

If I'm reading it correctly, and referencing the challonge bracket, winners round 3 and losers round 2 will be played on saturday and winners semifinals and losers round 3 on sunday?
I will have the schedule up soon so you can see what I have planned.
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
The times are up and available to look at. Pm me with questions if you have them. Also I giving those who missed their times a second chance if they where in the losers bracket or notified me ahead of time. Try to make it to the times that are set as this will make everything easier.
Tohka Yatogami
is it 3 game sets for grand finals or just 1 set BO13?
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]

Tohka Yatogami wrote:

is it 3 game sets for grand finals or just 1 set BO13?
1 set of BO13
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
There has been a change to the map pool hope you guys enjoy it :D (You may want to click the links)
Tohka Yatogami
i dont see the link/ any changes to the mappool? can you post the link here? thx
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]

Tohka Yatogami wrote:

i dont see the link/ any changes to the mappool? can you post the link here? thx
*cough* click on any of the maps from the current pool *cough*
Tohka Yatogami

[ Yui ] wrote:

Tohka Yatogami wrote:

*cough* click on any of the maps from the current pool *cough*
they all link to 1 same song dafuq?
Cinifa
Me need training
Xelias
I'm sorry yui. But how many fucking times do I have to tell you that we can't do anything under 10:30 am mt. Pretty tilted from yesterday sorry. You gotta understand that some members can't fucking wake up at 6am. Please do understand. Best finals match btw. I honestly don't understand why you couldn't reschedule the game. Make it more enjoyable instead of me joining in 0-5 half asleep, hungry as shit, and no warmup. Also, Player enjoyment is number one priority in tournaments like these where there isn't a prize, a semi-serious tournament, NOT Streaming is number one priority, what type of logic is that? You've missed like 7 matches that you said you would stream, but it's whatever. If you say that streaming is number one priority, what's the point if streaming a shitty ass sweep? I honestly don't understand the logic you went through. I'm quite dissapointed atm. :o
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
Times are up for next week if you have any conflicts please let me know and I will adjust the times to the best of my abilities.
Xelias

[ Yui ] wrote:

Times are up for next week if you have any conflicts please let me know and I will adjust the times to the best of my abilities.
11:30am MST Please. Like Usual.
Tohka Yatogami
9 am MST for team sliderbreak 1st match thank you
WhakMyWontons

Tohka Yatogami wrote:

9 am MST for team sliderbreak 1st match thank you
:cry: just when i was happy about a 2am start xD
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
Make sure you guys are not on cutting edge this weekend because of the recent slider changes that are on it currently. It may interfere with the actual score, so go to any of the stable versions just in case.
Xelias
O btw if u haven't realized from pms. We're doing 10:30 am mt. At the earliest.
Electoz
Just a reminder that if you're making any tourney other than this please use scorev1 system, I beg you.
If you know what I mean lol
Xelias
The Butt Clench Was Real c:
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
Before the possibly final match starts tomorrow (may extend to next weekend). I would like to say thank you to everyone who participated. I know this tournament was a mess, but that is because I took over a tournament at the last minute and didn't get the prep that needed to be done to actually be done. It was a bit rocky and I know some of you may be mad at me, but it was a learning experience for me as a host of a tournament and hopefully to you all as players. I really do appreciate the feedback that I have gotten with the good and the bad. I do plan on hosting another tournament in the future, but that won't probably happen till the summer or even till I graduate from college at the end of the summer. You guys have been awesome and I am looking forward to the match tomorrow between my team Kawaii Squad and Team 1337, which should be a pretty awesome match. Also if you haven't seen the Sliderbreak and 1337 match freaking do it. That was one of the most intense matches in the whole tournament. Along with the Sliderbreak and Cucumber match. The match should be streamed tomorrow in its entirety if everything goes well. Thanks once again for all of the support and hate you all have given me it was such a great experience doing this and I think you all are awesome. :D
WhakMyWontons
RIP Team Cucumber 2016
- Player who can't spin
- Player who can't acc
- DT player (who really isn't a DT player) who apparently never existed to the commentators
- Grill
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
If anyone would like to commentate during the match today it will be held at 1:00 p.m. MST and I will message you the discord link. Just pm to get the link. It will be streamed at http://www.twitch.tv/dudemonke61
Tohka Yatogami

WhakMyWontons wrote:

RIP Team Cucumber 2016
- Player who can't spin
- Player who can't acc
- DT player (who really isn't a DT player) who apparently never existed to the commentators
- Grill
Please RIP Team Sliderbreak 2016 xD from 6-2 it became a 6-7
Xelias

WhakMyWontons wrote:

RIP Team Cucumber 2016
- Player who can't spin
- Player who can't acc
- Grill
DT player was because shru never played when your team was streamed XD.
grill?
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
Congrats to my team Kawaii Squad for the win today you guys did awesome throughout the whole match. Congratulations to team 1337 for being such great competition and only wanting to murder me a little bit. ;) Congratulations also to the third place team Team Sliderbreak for producing what was probably the greatest match in the tournament on Saturday. You all are awesome and glad I got to talk to most of you and if anyone wants to do a "All Star" which would be an 8 vs 8 using the the finals map pool tell me and I will get that set up as soon as I can. I will make the rules in the post below this. Shot out to Cucumber for also giving Sliderbreak a run for their money and xNate, AlexDark69, and Viveliam for stepping up and helping me with reffing in the final few stages in the tournament. You are all awesome people and see you in Osu and future tournaments.
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
The all star match will be an 8v8 match with the captains of Kawaii Squad and Team 1337. This will have use the Grand Finals rules with a mandatory tiebreaker at the end because tiebreaker. This means that the captains of each team will pick people from each and every person who participated in the tournament. We cannot take players from the other captains team. This mean I can't take [Drak] from Team 1337 and S1llentKitteh can't take NewAgeHipster from Kawaii Squad. You can pick anyone from the tournament that means we can people that dropped out because of rank (No Tablet Yes Mouse is still banned). We will do a draft between me and Kitteh to see who is on what team. This means I will get to pick first because my team won the tournament and Kitteh would pick second. This would keep going till we have full teams of 8. Subs are allowed, but are side picks and can join either team at any point in time. I really would like to do this so I can play the final map pool because I had to stream the Grand Finals match. Tell me what you think about the idea, and if we want to do it me and Kitteh will start to communicate and make the teams really soon.
AlexDark69
Sounds like great fun Yui! I can't wait! :D
WhakMyWontons
10/10 idea great wrap up to the tournament :D
Xelias
You didn't tell me about this and thank god I checked the forums. I really like this idea :)
S1llentKitteh
FeelsBadMan
HorizonAngel
yeah Girl, do you have something against it? ;D well, I'm also here to say thank you all T^T it was very funny, i didnt expect that we got so far :o maybe we will see us in another tournament again o7
show more