Osu! 2v2 Tournament Rank 40k - 70k [Congrats Kawaii Squad]

posted
Total Posts

Should I add a Hard Rock pool to the All Star thing

Yes
34.48%
No
22.41%
[ Yui ] you are awesome. Here have a Cookie (Legally binds you to give me a cookie)
27.59%
[ Yui ] you suck, so here have a Cookie (Legally binds you to give me a cookie)
15.52%
Total votes: 58
show more
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]

Si1entKiTTeh wrote:

Just wondering... This week is Group B Group stage then next week is the bracket stage right?
Yup
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
I completed the time schedule for the Group B stage and if you have any questions please contact me. There where times that I couldn't compensate for, so if you find a time you can't do contact the captain of the other team then contact me otherwise I will not change the time.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Gql ... sp=sharing

Thanks,
[ Yui ]
OoTrillionoO

[ Yui ] wrote:

Sparkle Snorterz v. Team Sliderbreak - 10:00 a.m.
Team Choke v. Sparkle Snorterz - 10:00 a.m.
[ Yui ]
Erm, on Sunday Sparkle Snorterz have two games booked for the same time. :/
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]

OoTrillionoO wrote:

[ Yui ] wrote:

Sparkle Snorterz v. Team Sliderbreak - 10:00 a.m.
Team Choke v. Sparkle Snorterz - 10:00 a.m.
[ Yui ]
Erm, on Sunday Sparkle Snorterz have two games booked for the same time. :/
I am good at my job and I will reschedule it right away :D
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
I am in need of officials badly this weekend. If you are able to help please pm times that you can do based on the google doc. I will entrust that you make it there for those times, so sign up knowing you are able to help. If you flake out this turns bad really quickly.
Tbh
Damnit, really wish I had some friends to compete with :C If anyone needs a spare member message me!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)
Hythlodaeus

Tbh wrote:

Damnit, really wish I had some friends to compete with :C If anyone needs a spare member message me!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Registration is closed, you're too late.
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]

Ascended wrote:

Tbh wrote:

Registration is closed, you're too late.
He can still join if a team is willing to take him.
Meganekko
how many total to a team? i forget lol is it 4, or can there be more?
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
The Map pool showcase will be at around 6:00 p.m. MST at http://www.twitch.tv/dudemonke61
I think I have the people needed for the showcase, so no one is really needed currently, but on the stream I may ask for some people to join.

Hope to see you there,
[ Yui ]
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
There will be a second map showcase here in a few hours at http://www.twitch.tv/1beastxxfire
This is so we get a higher quality for showing and this is where you would look for the pasts broadcasts.
Kwaachi

[ Yui ] wrote:

There will be a second map showcase here in a few hours at http://www.twitch.tv/1beastxxfire
This is so we get a higher quality for showing and this is where you would look for the pasts broadcasts.
can we get a list of the beatmaps pls?
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]

Kwaachi wrote:

[ Yui ] wrote:

can we get a list of the beatmaps pls?
Sorry was doing school work, which takes priority for me I will have it up as soon as I can. Sorry about the delay.
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
Just added the Bracket stage to the initial post in the forum. I am currently working on the times for the matches and will have them up soon (maybe). Sorry it took so long, but I had stuff to do :D
Xelias
I hope this mappool is only for the round of 16... Please... I got fucked...
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]

Si1entKiTTeh wrote:

Well I hope it was gentle at least :D
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
The times for the matches are up and they should be fine for the most part. If there are any conflicts please tell me and I can try to reschedule, but sometimes there is nothing I can do, but I want to get the winners bracket streamed at least as my goal. I will try to get the losers bracket streamed, but that may not be possible because of timing, so hopefully this works out for the best. :D

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Gql ... npv3o/edit
Tbh

[ Yui ] wrote:

He can still join if a team is willing to take him.
Yeah, lucky me I found a team to join :D looking forward to this!
Kwaachi
what are the current rank restrictions for players to still be able to compete?
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
The current rank restriction is you cannot bring anyone under 40k in and if you drop below 30k then you will be asked to leave the tournament.
Xelias

[ Yui ] wrote:

Si1entKiTTeh wrote:

Well I hope it was gentle at least :D
My hands are dead now thanks bb.
Tohka Yatogami

[ Yui ] wrote:

The current rank restriction is you cannot bring anyone under 40k in and if you drop below 30k then you will be asked to leave the tournament.
so the people who are already in the tournament which are under 40k are allowed to stay then?
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]

Tohka Yatogami wrote:

[ Yui ] wrote:

so the people who are already in the tournament which are under 40k are allowed to stay then?
Yes, but if you go below 30k then you are pretty much kicked. (example xNate or Nate9000)
Hythlodaeus
Why are the No-Mod pool so difficult? This is way beyond 40k. Aren't tournaments supposed to be fun? Cause I can tell you right now that I've had 0 fun trying to practice these maps. There's no sense of accomplishment in me slugging it out with another team holding 20x combo before dropping every 5 seconds (IMO). I don't feel it represents any meaningful purpose. Sure it's fine if they're only hard to the lower rank limit but when they're so hard that even the average/top runners struggle, I don't feel it's going to be any fun to anyone. For example, it's like making someone at #5000 play Defenders, sure they can pass it, but it's not any fun when you're struggling to hold even a small combo.
-Promise
Ripperino my hands.
Kwaachi

Ascended wrote:

Why are the No-Mod pool so difficult? This is way beyond 40k. Aren't tournaments supposed to be fun? Cause I can tell you right now that I've had 0 fun trying to practice these maps. There's no sense of accomplishment in me slugging it out with another team holding 20x combo before dropping every 5 seconds (IMO). I don't feel it represents any meaningful purpose. Sure it's fine if they're only hard to the lower rank limit but when they're so hard that even the average/top runners struggle, I don't feel it's going to be any fun to anyone. For example, it's like making someone at #5000 play Defenders, sure they can pass it, but it's not any fun when you're struggling to hold even a small combo.
imho the map pool is supposed to be harder compared to the last map pool because it's knockout stages now, which it is, but saying that the songs are WAY above 40k is a bit over exaggerated
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]

Ascended wrote:

I didn't think the map pool was overall difficult. I made the map pool, so that is would challenge people at our rank to play them, but still possible to do. I added some old maps because I thought it would be a good idea to challenge your reading skills on maps. Staying with the norm of everything being AR 9 is not a good idea to progress as a player. Learning to read lower ARs helps out not only reading, but also rhythm placement because it doesn't feel as natural, so you have to go with the beat. My intention was not to make the tournament no fun, but to make it a learning experience as well as a place to compete against others with the fun and enjoyment of oh I could do better here, here, and here as that is what I am weak at and then work on it. People wanted stream maps, so I gave them 3 of the better sub 5 star stream maps out there. People wanted harder maps, so I added Big Money, AR8 hidden and Scatman as a different source than what they are used to to learn from. I made like a 2 page document explaining each map and why I choose them in this pool. I didn't just go in and just say FU to everyone by just picking random maps to troll. I put though into this thing, and for the average rank it is a pretty solid pool. Is it harder than the last pool yeah it is. Is it more finger killing of fluffy people... I guess so, but it is possible. Making combos isn't how I look at the game. Yeah it is cool to FC a map and get that pp, but you only get better by experiencing different things in different environments. Sorry you aren't having fun learning the map pool, but sometimes you just have to hate things to get better at something you do.

TLDR:
I made the map pool to help you progress and not make you feel like you aren't having fun. These maps are something I put time in and I hope everyone does well in the tournament. (TBH Scatman was a full on troll against the 30ks XD)

I Tried ;)
[ Yui ]
Tohka Yatogami
I played majority of the mappool since i was 50k already and i think its already alright.

P.S. wtf yui scatman seriously?
MineBoss

Ascended wrote:

There are high BPM and stream maps wich is not the usuall types of maps you'd find so maybe you are just not used to it. For me personally this types of maps are the one that i enjoy the most, even if i don't do well on them.
Hythlodaeus

[ Yui ] wrote:

Ascended wrote:

I didn't think the map pool was overall difficult. I made the map pool, so that is would challenge people at our rank to play them, but still possible to do. I added some old maps because I thought it would be a good idea to challenge your reading skills on maps. Staying with the norm of everything being AR 9 is not a good idea to progress as a player. Learning to read lower ARs helps out not only reading, but also rhythm placement because it doesn't feel as natural, so you have to go with the beat. My intention was not to make the tournament no fun, but to make it a learning experience as well as a place to compete against others with the fun and enjoyment of oh I could do better here, here, and here as that is what I am weak at and then work on it. People wanted stream maps, so I gave them 3 of the better sub 5 star stream maps out there. People wanted harder maps, so I added Big Money, AR8 hidden and Scatman as a different source than what they are used to to learn from. I made like a 2 page document explaining each map and why I choose them in this pool. I didn't just go in and just say FU to everyone by just picking random maps to troll. I put though into this thing, and for the average rank it is a pretty solid pool. Is it harder than the last pool yeah it is. Is it more finger killing of fluffy people... I guess so, but it is possible. Making combos isn't how I look at the game. Yeah it is cool to FC a map and get that pp, but you only get better by experiencing different things in different environments. Sorry you aren't having fun learning the map pool, but sometimes you just have to hate things to get better at something you do.

TLDR:
I made the map pool to help you progress and not make you feel like you aren't having fun. These maps are something I put time in and I hope everyone does well in the tournament. (TBH Scatman was a full on troll against the 30ks XD)

I Tried ;)
[ Yui ]
I'm really grateful that you want to help us improve for the future, but I'm still relatively apprehensive towards these maps because in essence, my intention joining this tournament was to have fun and improvement wasn't a focus when I first signed up. Sure, sticking to AR9 or the general osu! meta is bad for the future but isn't the game supposed to be fun for its players? I don't wish to play AR8 or below or 'troll' maps like Scatman ever in my time in this game. Call me a PP farmer but this is what draws me into the game. I don't like being forced to play what I don't want to play and I enjoy being in my comfort zone.

Basically, I really hate the fact I'm forced to play out-of-meta maps when my whole reason of joining tournaments were to have fun and I honestly don't care that I can't play maps from 2011 etc... because that's not what drawn me into the game. Although I'm grateful for your intentions, playing I enjoy is always my core belief.
PiiiPiii_old

Ascended wrote:

Basically, I really hate the fact I'm forced to play out-of-meta maps when my whole reason of joining tournaments were to have fun and I honestly don't care that I can't play maps from 2011 etc... because that's not what drawn me into the game.

You aren't the only one who is playing. This is their tournament, their picks. You don't like them? Ban them. And I hope you did not think that everyone's going to pick those ''out-of-meta'' songs you mentioned.
Hythlodaeus

PiiiPiii wrote:

Ascended wrote:

Basically, I really hate the fact I'm forced to play out-of-meta maps when my whole reason of joining tournaments were to have fun and I honestly don't care that I can't play maps from 2011 etc... because that's not what drawn me into the game.

You aren't the only one who is playing. This is their tournament, their picks. You don't like them? Ban them. And I hope you did not think that everyone's going to pick those ''out-of-meta'' songs you mentioned.
No need to be so rude when we're debating calmly. I also think you're mistaking the relationship between the producer and the consumer. Sure it's their tournament, but their tournament is played by their players. In essence, we are the ones who decide what maps are played or nobody would like to play in this tournament anyway. Also, I don't want variables in what we're playing. Sure, not everybody is going to play the out-of-meta songs but considering you're saying 'everybody', that means there's still a chance that people will play those songs. As I said beforehand, I don't want to play those songs regardless if I only have to play them once or twice and It's obviously impossible to ban away all of those songs due to quantity and I also need to ban away what my team doesn't like to maximize our chances of winning. Finally, while I'm completely fine with answering these replies, please read through what you write because it was very obvious in what was wrong in your 'suggestions'. I'd rather not waste time writing pointless replies for the sake of both of us.
Electoz
I don't even know why we are discussing this.
Hythlodaeus

Electoz wrote:

I don't even know why we are discussing this.
Tbh, I don't know either, I was done with it until that guy came to dig it in.
PiiiPiii_old

Ascended wrote:

No need to be so rude when we're debating calmly. I also think you're mistaking the relationship between the producer and the consumer. ...I'd rather not waste time writing pointless replies for the sake of both of us.

Ascended wrote:

Tbh, I don't know either, I was done with it until that guy came to dig it in.

ooops, didn't know you define ''rude'' that way. Byee
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
The times are up for tomorrow. If you have any conflicts please tell me and I will try to compensate. :D
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
Make sure to check the google doc to see if your time has changed because it most likely has and will probably change constantly depending on responses.
Xelias
Is there going to be a mappool show case today? inb4 NF mappool...

Also, everyone has their own preferences in maps, however even Yui told us, he put in some troll maps. I'm not going to complain since I really don't give a single shit. But, Yui, please don't ever put troll maps in for tournaments, or you'll stir up a lot of hate.
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
Yes there is a map pool showcase once I am done with my homework and get in contact with the streamer. I may stream one person though if I can't get in contact with the streamer.
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
About to stream the finals map pool. I am creating a lobby for you to join just pm me and I will let you in. I will be the only one you see though.
show more