Osu! 2v2 Tournament Rank 40k - 70k [Congrats Kawaii Squad]

posted
Total Posts

Should I add a Hard Rock pool to the All Star thing

Yes
34.48%
No
22.41%
[ Yui ] you are awesome. Here have a Cookie (Legally binds you to give me a cookie)
27.59%
[ Yui ] you suck, so here have a Cookie (Legally binds you to give me a cookie)
15.52%
Total votes: 58
show more
Viveliam

[ Yui ] wrote:

Just don't go above 30k, which you are almost and I will look past it. If it seems though like it is unfair then I may ask you to back down, but honestly I just want people to enjoy this and have fun. You can join back just be aware I want this to be as fair as possible.
Maybe i'll just be a substitute then and let the others play most games, that seems fair enough.
Crisanton
1. Crisanton (40k) MuchosJuegosYT (70k)

2. TeamChoke

3. UTC +1
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
Ok so this is kind of an important update for everyone to know about. 16 teams will make it out of the group stage. This means if the current 13 captains that message me are the only ones to message me we will have the group stage with those 13 teams and everyone will move on to the brackets and the seeds will be determined by how well you do in the group stage and teams will get byes for a stage if the teams don't even out to 16. It is double elimination, so every team in the bracket stage will have two chances. The bracket stage will not be this weekend and have a completely new map pool that I will release at the end of the last match on Sunday. Currently there are no times up, but I will have them up tomorrow night and will give everyone a day to tell me what works and what doesn't. Sorry about the giant change I did, but honestly with how it was laid out it was necessary. Thank you all for being patient with me other wise :D

Thanks,
[ Yui ]
papanker
1. Papanker (42k) Xentriks (37kl)

2. Dank meme team

3. GMT +1
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
If team captains can give me the times in which they want to compete in. (MST wise) Please tell me and I will create the schedule tonight for all of you to see tomorrow. :D

Thanks,
[ Yui ]
Astro
Team name: Relax Bro

Preferred time slot: 9 AM MST
blazinangel
rank 40,700 looking too join
MrKosiej
I'm 50k sth. Looking for a team.

blazinangel wrote:

rank 40,700 looking too join
wanna team up?
EDIT: Guess not. Well, i think i'm gonna have to pass.
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
I am going to close down registration here in a few hours because I got the teams I need for the tournament for the group stage. If you want to join please do so within 4-5 hours or I will deny your entry. This is to get the schedule for the weekend up, so please hurry and I will make no exceptions once we I close the registration.

If you see your team here you are registered --> http://challonge.com/f3ogekii

Thanks,
[ Yui ]
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
Registration is now officially closed thanks to those who replied so quickly. We have 18 teams in total and only 16 will be in the bracket stage. This means that two teams will be cut out of the tournament during the group stage. This is going to be weird, but the 2 teams that score the lowest at the end of the group stage. This group stage may continue in the weekend after if all matches are not complete. After I am done with this paper I have to write I will work on the times for you all to see. Please realize these times are flexible, and I need CONSTANT COMMUNICATION. I will edit this later and put the google doc. Everyone should have the map pool and I will release the one for the bracket stage once the group stage closes. Good luck to you all and I hope we can all have a fun. Also you will be playing 8 times for the group stage. Yeah 8 times. This is going to suck without cooperation and if anyone wants to get a few matches out of the way just contact the team you want to go against and tell me when you are able to do the match.
Electoz
So when is the group stage starting?
This weekend or next weekend?
Because I can't find details about dates anywhere, or my eyes just tricked me if that isn't the case.
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]

Electoz wrote:

So when is the group stage starting?
This weekend or next weekend?
Because I can't find details about dates anywhere, or my eyes just tricked me if that isn't the case.
This weekend, but I have to redo the times because I actually lost a few teams that where supposed to compete I will have them up early tomorrow for everyone to view. It is going to be a lot of times posted I will move the group stage to happen not only this weekend, but also next weekend if needed. Plan for this tournament to go for 3-4 weeks.
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
I know a lot of you want to play, but I came with a good idea that won't kill me and allow me to manage the group stage. The group stage will be in two weekends. This weekend is all group A. Next weekend will be group B. Everyone who registered is in, so you don't have to worry about to much. I have Group A times done and they should work out. If they don't please tell me because I really did try, and Group B times are not done yet mainly because of Team Sliderbreak. The link below will give you the times. I wish you all the best of luck and I will release the bracket stage songs at the end of the Group stage, so when Group B is done.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Gql ... sp=sharing

Thanks,
[ Yui ]
Electoz
Are there any referees? Can you give me instructions about the match please? Will it be bo5 as Mechanic stated earlier?
And I don't believe that every team will be able to make it in every matches, so how do we reschedule things and stuff?
Tbh the schedules are kinda sudden for me.
Walshy

[ Yui ] wrote:

I am going to close down registration here in a few hours because I got the teams I need for the tournament for the group stage. If you want to join please do so within 4-5 hours or I will deny your entry. This is to get the schedule for the weekend up, so please hurry and I will make no exceptions once we I close the registration.

If you see your team here you are registered --> http://challonge.com/f3ogekii

Thanks,
[ Yui ]
Why is team toe fungus not there?
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
Just a reminder Group A will be the only ones playing this week. Group B will be next week, and make sure you notice your times.
_Tsu_old_1

[ Yui ] wrote:

Just a reminder Group A will be the only ones playing this week. Group B will be next week, and make sure you notice your times.
How about my team ?? Excalibur ??
Astro
Hold on, my team (relax bro) can't play on Saturday. I thought this was a Sunday only event?

Can you please move us to group B or something?
Loslite
Is gonna be streamed? Wanna watch cucumber play kappa
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]

DarknesStealth wrote:

Is gonna be streamed? Wanna watch cucumber play kappa
Sadly no I tried to get the streaming service, but I was unable to get it unfortunately. :(
Loslite

[ Yui ] wrote:

Sadly no I tried to get the streaming service, but I was unable to get it unfortunately.
awwwwwwwww, sed
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
Based on the response of teams showing up currently. If by the end of the Group A group stage there is less than a certain amount of teams that compete. Group B will go as normal and I will fill Group A's spots with the people that competed and new people who want to sign up.

Thanks,
[ Yui ]
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
There is a Stream now that i finally have the client :D to watch the next match I do go to http://www.twitch.tv/dudemonke61 there may be another streamer, but I will stream until he is available. The next match is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. Actually go to this for the stream http://www.twitch.tv/1beastxxfire
Xelias
I just noticed a huge flaw in the brackets and group stage. There are a total of 18 teams atm, and 16 of them make it to the bracket/final stage. Notice the flaw? Yeah only ONE team gets knocked out per group, and there are only 2 groups. So atm, I could just throw and still qualify. You should adjust this.
WhakMyWontons
Seedings and potential byes will be considered by looking at how well each team does in the group stage (according to a previous post by yui) so you still want to do well in each match despite already qualifying for the bracket stage.
FeelMyRhythm
First of all, sorry for my english..
i would join this tournament but i dont have team.. Its my first tournament and i dont know really good how does it works..
Pls if u want to play the tournament with me or just add me and help me about the tournament do it :D
FeelMyRhythm
Wow i noticed right now the tournament started... sorry
Fox_Nakamura
Team Name: Jump Out

Player & Rank:
Fox_Nakamura(64k)
MannyPardo(63k)
AlexDark69

Fox_Nakamura wrote:

Team Name: Jump Out

Player & Rank:
Fox_Nakamura(64k)
MannyPardo(63k)
Tournament already started...
A Tame Wolf
Could I be helping out.
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
Just so everyone knows. Once Group B stage ends or the last time it is streamed. (Probably the second one) There will be a map pool showcase streamed live for everyone to see. The map pool for the bracket stage is completely finished and there will be 6 No Mod, 3 DT, 3 HD, 3 Free Mod, and of course the tiebreaker. The map pool this time around is overall harder, but in relatively the same skill range, so expect some similarities in the map set with a few curve balls thrown here and there. I hope everyone is enjoying the tournament so far and good luck to Group B this weekend. If you have any questions especially about your ranking and placements in group A and the times in B, which will be up tomorrow. (Sorry my internship went over the time I expected it to) Please do so quickly, so I can make the changes faster. The faster you respond to me the more likely it will be done. Also looking for officials this weekend and a lot of them. If you can pm to help out and I will get things set up, so you know what to do.

You are all awesome so far,
[ Yui ]
AlexDark69
:lol:

[ Yui ] wrote:

Just so everyone knows. Once Group B stage ends or the last time it is streamed. (Probably the second one) There will be a map pool showcase streamed live for everyone to see. The map pool for the bracket stage is completely finished and there will be 6 No Mod, 3 DT, 3 HD, 3 Free Mod, and of course the tiebreaker. The map pool this time around is overall harder, but in relatively the same skill range, so expect some similarities in the map set with a few curve balls thrown here and there. I hope everyone is enjoying the tournament so far and good luck to Group B this weekend. If you have any questions especially about your ranking and placements in group A and the times in B, which will be up tomorrow. (Sorry my internship went over the time I expected it to) Please do so quickly, so I can make the changes faster. The faster you respond to me the more likely it will be done. Also looking for officials this weekend and a lot of them. If you can pm to help out and I will get things set up, so you know what to do.

[ Yui ]
Not even one HR map? :(
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]

AlexDark69 wrote:

:lol:

[ Yui ] wrote:

[ Yui ]
Not even one HR map? :(
The Reason why I don't have hr is because it is very rare to see someone play hr at our ranks, and I am terrible at reading high ar so I can not confidently say what is a good hr pick and what isn't. That is why there is no hr in the map pool.
Xelias
Just wondering... This week is Group B Group stage then next week is the bracket stage right?
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]

Si1entKiTTeh wrote:

Just wondering... This week is Group B Group stage then next week is the bracket stage right?
Yup
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
I completed the time schedule for the Group B stage and if you have any questions please contact me. There where times that I couldn't compensate for, so if you find a time you can't do contact the captain of the other team then contact me otherwise I will not change the time.

Thanks,
[ Yui ]
OoTrillionoO

[ Yui ] wrote:

Sparkle Snorterz v. Team Sliderbreak - 10:00 a.m.
Team Choke v. Sparkle Snorterz - 10:00 a.m.
[ Yui ]
Erm, on Sunday Sparkle Snorterz have two games booked for the same time. :/
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]

OoTrillionoO wrote:

[ Yui ] wrote:

Sparkle Snorterz v. Team Sliderbreak - 10:00 a.m.
Team Choke v. Sparkle Snorterz - 10:00 a.m.
[ Yui ]
Erm, on Sunday Sparkle Snorterz have two games booked for the same time. :/
I am good at my job and I will reschedule it right away :D
Topic Starter
[ Yui ]
I am in need of officials badly this weekend. If you are able to help please pm times that you can do based on the google doc. I will entrust that you make it there for those times, so sign up knowing you are able to help. If you flake out this turns bad really quickly.
Tbh
Damnit, really wish I had some friends to compete with :C If anyone needs a spare member message me!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)
show more