forum

[Archived] Offering works for beatmapping without breaking rules?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
seth0et0holth
So... I don't know if this is even the right forum to ask this in, but I don't want to make a bad post in the beatmapping forums without asking whether I can post it there, or where exactly I should post this, so I'm hoping help is okay - and if this is a problem, please remove or lock it :)

I'm an indies electronic producer. I've been wanting to get more soundcloud views and more attention to my work, and I've seen some producers get a LOT of attention via beatmaps and found some awesome producers and musicians via their songs having been mapped (Agressor Bunx with Tornado, Kuba Oms with My Love, etc etc). Unfortunately, I've not been having very good luck with figuring out the mapping editor for myself AND I don't want to create a bad map or accidental troll map, which would reflect badly on my work instead of introducing it to people :D

Is it allowed to post offering my work to mappers with credit to me for the song being the only requirement, for anything publicly available on my soundcloud? If it is, where can I make such a post? I'm not wanting to demand anyone to create for me or hire anyone - just if someone thinks anything I have would work as a cool map, I'd like to see them do it, and in the process create something both valuable to the osu! community and helpful for increasing my profile as an indies producer.

:?:
XinCrin
Well, there's a rule about do not ask people to make beatmaps. Do it yourself and blablablabla
But I think you should show people your music posting in some forums like Music hall and that kind of forums, you know.
Anyways, I'm mapper and I'd like to know your work. Maybe I could map something if I like the song, who knows..
btw, beatmapping is not a work and it will never be it :p
peppy
Contact me at pe@ppy.sh. We can make something interesting happen (if your music is awesome, of course!)