Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine

posted
Total Posts
show more
Hitoshirenu Shourai
Ninja bubble, go!
Derekku
Ninja pop, go!

Timing is still pretty off. I promised that I'd take a look at this map, so I'll definitely try working on the timing asap.
Charles445
Some of those spinners don't have new combos, is that intentional?
Shinigami_old_1
I just wana say it's beautiful map and it must be ranked at least :D Good luck, LuigiHann
OzzyOzrock
If it were the full song (WHICH IT SHOULD BE, YOU KILLED THAT SOLO) you could probably take the .midi file and use the BPM on that.

but then again, that'd be the cover's BPM, and for all we know it could be really off.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

OzzyOzrock wrote:

If it were the full song you could probably take the .midi file and use the BPM on that.

but then again, that'd be the cover's BPM, and for all we know it could be really off.
that really wouldn't work at all
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Where do we go now
Derekku

LuigiHann wrote:

Where do we go now
*sweet guitar riff*

Have been busy with midterms and the like, but was planning to work on this tomorrow. (No really I was =x)

EDIT: Make that Thursday ASAP ._.
0_o
Updated my hitsounds myself if that's alright (I assume you just wanted to take out the claps?)

Download: Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine (LuigiHann) [Rolled's Hard].osu
Topic Starter
LuigiHann

0_o wrote:

Updated my hitsounds myself if that's alright (I assume you just wanted to take out the claps?)
ok
laport
very nice map!
SapphireGhost
Sweet beatmap o' mine
Derekku
A thousand apologies for taking so long to get back to this.

[General]
*comboburst.wav: 1.09MB? That's just ridiculous for a sound file...
*failsound.wav: 1.27MB?
*If you're going to include ctb skin elements, then also add a fruit-drop to complete the set (even if it's just the default one).
*You have a non-empty .osb that refers to images that don't exist, so just remove that.
*I love the authentic guitar-hero hitcircles, but I'm a bit concerned with the lack of numbers...

[Easy]
*I suggeast lowering OD/Drain one tick each. 3 seems a bit high for Easy, and Normal is already using 3 for those.
00:57:186 (1) - This note even threw me off... How about making 00:57:186 (1,2) a slider to avoid having a red-tick note by itself?
01:03:837 (2,3) - Expected this to be a single repeating slider like 01:00:629 (3).
01:11:739 (1) - Again, a bit unexpected. Changing 01:11:739 (1,2) to a slider or something similar should flow much better.
01:56:125 (1) - The rhythm should be a bit more intuitive by now, but I still think a slider would make more sense.
02:04:640 - Expected a note here
02:05:100 (1) - Perhaps finish the end of this?
02:07:364 (2) - Sounds awkward since "and the rain" starts 1/2 before. Maybe try something like.... http://puu.sh/1Vzb
03:19:541 (1) - Expected this to start on the previous red tick. Also, perhaps try something like http://puu.sh/1VzU instead to make things flow better?
*Overall, I think that this diff makes a nice "Easy", but it still feels a bit too fast-paced... The slider velocity is the same as Normal's, and the distance spacing is a bit larger than I would expect for an Easy. Without having to remap, I think that the best solution to avoid this feeling so fast-paced would be to lower the tick rate. It doesn't need to be the same on every difficulty, and 2 just sounds too noisy/fast for an Easy.

[Normal]
01:55:897 - The sampleset change in the middle of the slider sounds odd. Try moving the inherited section to the end of the slider instead.
03:16:370 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - I highly suggest changing these into repeating sliders. The pattern/rhythm is just too unpredictable for a Normal.
*Again, this diff felt a bit more difficult than I expected, but there's really nothing "odd" for me to point out that I haven't already.

[Rolled's Hard]
*Some notes are unsnapped; check AIMod.
02:05:100 (1) - Perhaps colorhax this to yellow to match "thunder"? Even though there's no sliderart, it would stay consistent with the other diffs. Plus, then 02:07:137 (1) would be blue for "rain".
03:16:370 (1) - Might wanna silence those slider ticks.

[Expert]
02:18:652 (1) - oh my god YESSSS
02:38:297 (1) - Perhaps move to the white tick and shorten?
03:01:633 (1) - I know that it fits, but it's the only single 1/4 note in the difficulty; which just isn't intuitive...
03:12:670 (1,2,3) - Doesn't flow well at all... How about something like http://puu.sh/1VBF instead?

I'm a bit disappointed that the full song wasn't mapped, as this would have made an amazing approval map. :c Oh well, it's still awesome! Also, I'm still working on the timing, so I'll post that as soon as possible.
zsr123
:)
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Made most of those changes. A couple of the ones where you suggested turning beats into sliders on the easier difficulties, I disagree with, because I think that tapping those rhythms are some of the most fun elements of the map.
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
I can't believe it took me this long to notice that Normal is supposed to be Medium
0_o
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Thanks
gustjr1997
star
PotsBreaker
8-) 8-)
Screenagers
starrrrrrr
DesuEagle
Great song, great map = star
Mercurial
Nothing less than that <3
gyt
Hi! Cool song, random mod.

[Easy]
00:53:337 (3) - add clap at the repeat? Also strange sliderslide changing from soft to normal here. Maybe move 53903 timing section to 00:53:790? - sounds better for me
00:54:695 (4) - another odd sliderslide changing (now from normal to soft). Move 55459 section to 00:55:601?
00:57:186 (1) - remove clap (or finish)? Double sound isn't very good.
01:47:860 (4) - maybe add new combo for more readability of red tick.
01:05:195, 01:05:653, 02:39:328, 03:06:061 - slider unsnapped here. Well, it's not a big problem. I don't point it on other diffs.
117374 - useless timing section?

[Medium]
00:42:807 - replace clap with finish maybe?
00:54:922 (2) - sliderslide changing sounds odd. Move 55459 section to 00:55:601?
02:27:230 (1,2) - remove whistle at the end?
02:38:410 (3) - ^
03:17:600 (2) - It seems, this circle must be placed at white tick (03:17:638) [same for next diffs]
117374 - useless timing section?
also I think you need to use HP+1, AR+1 and OD+1 - it's roughly middle between easy and hard.

[Rolled's Hard]
nice!

[Expert]
too hard for me, but I write few suggestions
00:37:738 (1,2,3,4) - not plays nicely. Triples or something like 00:39:582 (1,2) is better, imo
01:08:009 (3) - remove this circle? (too many triples here, I don't really think they all fit)
02:56:530 - 1.0x spacing start here. I don't now why... Maybe use 1.0x on all triples before?

Great map. I hope this will be ranked soon!
Shohei Ohtani
This follows all ranking criteria. G.J.
brobot_old
nice :3
Nadina120
Like the song
Like your map
Like your difference in your map
star~
thiefer
starred :o
soupercell
starr ;3
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
COME ON!

(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
PoochyEXE
My suggestions:

Normal
00:40:507 (1,2,3) - Remove the long whistles on the sliders and just keep the ones at each start and end? They're somewhat jarring here since the music doesn't suddenly get significantly more epic or louder to match the sudden spike in whistles.
02:30:944 (2) through 02:38:410 (3) - Same as above.

Rolled's Hard
00:30:362 (5) ~ 00:43:267 (2) - Another section where I think it sounds better with two short whistles in place of each long one, though here it's more because the start and end of those sliders happen to match up with the high notes.
01:14:238 (2) ~ 01:19:776 (4) - Ditto.
02:15:152 (6) ~ 02:22:589 (4) - Ditto.

Expert (Too hard for me to play, but I'll try anyways.)
00:37:161 (2) - This circle feels out of place. Remove it?
00:39:005 (2) - Ditto.
02:27:230 (2) ~ 02:34:679 (2) - Try removing only the ending whistle on these sliders. I think it matches up better with the guitar riffs that way.
02:31:877 (4) - This whistle sounds out of place, probably because it breaks pattern by being a beat later than its predecessors.
03:23:465 (6) - Missing whistle?
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Made a couple of Poochy's changes and a couple of different changes but left most of them the same because there's some kind of internal logic to my hitsounds.

Somebody time this monstrosity so I can get it ranked before I die of old age
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Axl Rose's birthday was last week

So was Rick Astley's
Mercurial
LuigiHann, please, rank it u.u
xRayne
this needs to be ranked ^^ <3
Charles445
I'll give it a shot. No guarantees on success.
Charles445
Topic Starter
LuigiHann
Thank you Charles, and thanks everyone who has supported this map over the past year and a half :roll:

let's get this mothafucker ranked
Charles445
I'm going to need to keep making changes to the timing for a while, it's not completely ready yet

EDIT: Okay, ready, I think this is the best I can do.

Download: Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine (LuigiHann) [Timing445].osu
- Rikkukun -
This beatmap was awesome! ç_ç
show more