forum

Katy Perry - Teenage Dream

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
konan-yoshi999
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, July 13, 2012 at 6:43:25 PM

Artist: Katy Perry
Title: Teenage Dream
BPM: 120.01
Filesize: 3943kb
Play Time: 03:19
Difficulties Available:
  1. Breezin' (1.12 stars, 151 notes)
  2. Cruisin' (3.11 stars, 240 notes)
  3. Hard ROCK! (4.63 stars, 367 notes)
  4. Sweatin' (4.45 stars, 328 notes)
Download: Katy Perry - Teenage Dream
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Trying to make storyboard with this
I mean, redoing this...
SoItBegins
I love this song! The beatmap's nice. There were a few things that were a bit unusual, though.

Normal (Cruisin') Difficulty:
1. The slider at 0:15:219 is a bit unexpected coming after the stacked notes. Maybe, move it so that it's stacked under circle #5 of the combo?

2. The sliders at 1:03:715 and 1:05:714 ("don't ever look back") are a bit unintuitive. It'd suggest changing them from their full length, to half that length with a repeat. That'd make more sense with "ever look back" (the slider end and the two quick following notes).

3. The two circles at 2:30:707 (the last two in the red combo) are a bit far apart, rhythm-wise, to be stacked.

4. Ditto. The two circles (first in the green combo) at 2:35:207 are a little far apart to be stacked. The last two notes in the same combo (@2:38:707) also exhibit this.

5. The sliders at 3:03:705 and and 3:05:704 ("don't ever look back" again) are confusing in the same way as their counterparts I mentioned earlier.

6. I can has big cymbal at ending spinner plz? :)

Sweatin' (Hard) Difficulty:

1. Though the beatmap is a workout, it's mostly all the same kind of workout; hitting long strings of targets in time to the background guitar, with only a few neat sliders occasionally for company. I think adding some more variety to the map would really help.

2. The last four notes of the combos starting at 2:28:208 ("I'ma get your heart racing in my skin-tight jeans") and 2:35:207 ("Let ya put your hands on me in" ditto) are just about the most confusing thing ever. You've gotten used to doing long strings of beats, that the gap between circles 5 and 6 (or circles 9 and 10 in the second combo) REALLY can throw you off. I think the solution here is to delete the second circle that fires on the word "-tight" (circle 7 in the first combo, 11 in the second), so that it conforms to the lyrics better and sort of makes more sense as a change-up.

Finally, Hard ROCK! (Insane) Difficulty:

Changing the drain rate, flipping the entire map, and making the circles smaller does not an additional difficulty make-- even though it worked for EBA. This is very similar to Sweatin' difficulty, and needs to be a bit different from its easier predecessor.

Overall, it's a nice map! I like the use of patterns and how they show up across difficulty levels; the higher diffs just need a bit of changing around.