forum

Is there any way to record osu replays with "GeForce"?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kraftster
I was only curious. Because it came with my gaming laptop and seemed to work just as well as fraps did (The quality kinda went crummy when it was uploaded to anything else like youtube or facebook and I don't know if that can be fixed either. I'm not very tech savvy.)
Vuelo Eluko
are you talking about shadowplay, nvidia's game capture software? yes.
trebby
Ye, why not.
Minhtam
From experience, yes, but it takes quite a lot of magic and you'll have to settle for 30 FPS.
Noobsicle
you should give obs a try! owo
Endie-

Noobsicle wrote:

you should give obs a try! owo
I Give Up
ZenithPhantasm
use fraps 8-)
The Gambler
OBS is a pain to work.. Really.

The file sizes are also larger than what fraps records with. Or you end up with crappy videos.

Dxtory doesnt do shit either. It has to be a videocam recording the CRT to get it right.
Full Tablet
Those options work pretty well
  1. Dxtory configured to use x264 (you need to install x264vfw separately, the default encoders aren't good) for just recording the game screen and audio (if you have an old CPU, lagarith might consume less CPU time than x264). This is a simple option, but you can't record overlays or custom layouts (you would have to edit the video afterwards to add them).
  2. OBS configured to use x264, set in the custom x264 settings "crf=18" (18 might be reduced to increase image quality, or increased to decrease bitrate, 18 already looks good most of the time) to record with better image quality (also disable CBR, set the Max Bitrate very high (the recording wouldn't get to that bitrate if you set crf, the max bitrate becomes the maximum bitrate allowed at any moment instead of a target bitrate), and "Encode in Full Range"). Those options aren't recommended for streaming (just local recording), so you should make a separate profile for streaming and for local recording.
  3. FRAPS is simpler to configure, has good image quality (as long as you force RGB recording, otherwise colors might become noticeably distorted), but uses more CPU time for encoding than the previous options (might not be an issue if your PC is fast enough to not make the fps drop when recording noticeable), the recording files are pretty big (comparable to lossless h.264 (crf=0), even when FRAPS is not really lossless), and you might need to re-encode the files to use them.
Vuelo Eluko
hmm even a core 2 duo would be sufficient to record osu! with fraps with good frames [60].
the bigger concern is hard drive, im not saying you need a ssd but something with high sequential write speed is essential. mine is mechanical but is surprisingly fast in that department so i do fine, but some might be slower.
lolcubes

Minhtam wrote:

From experience, yes, but it takes quite a lot of magic and you'll have to settle for 30 FPS.
What.

I use shadowplay for all my gameplay vids (the last 3 at least, since it took me a while to find a good sweet spot in the configuration) in buttersmooth 60 fps. And those gameplay vids are taiko which don't stutter at least :p

Good thing about shadow play is that it uses no cpu at all, so I guess if your card supports it, even if you have a pretty terrible computer overall, it should still work pretty nicely.

The problem with fraps and 60 fps capture is that it taxes the cpu, so even if you have a badass computer, those little unstable frames might cause microstutters in the final movie.

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

hmm even a core 2 duo would be sufficient to record osu! with fraps with good frames [60].
the bigger concern is hard drive, im not saying you need a ssd but something with high sequential write speed is essential. mine is mechanical but is surprisingly fast in that department so i do fine, but some might be slower.
Even an older Green drive (I have a samsung f4 ecogreen i tested) records on 720p just fine.
FrzR
As far as I've tried, shadowplay works only on Stable fallback but it still performs nonetheless.
Florrow
Enable desktop recording in shadowplay, start recording while alt-tabbing from osu, then get back to the game and play, at the end alt-tab again and thats it, you just recorded some osu! with shadowplay
Minhtam

lolcubes wrote:

Minhtam wrote:

What.

I use shadowplay for all my gameplay vids (the last 3 at least, since it took me a while to find a good sweet spot in the configuration) in buttersmooth 60 fps. And those gameplay vids are taiko which don't stutter at least :p

Good thing about shadow play is that it uses no cpu at all, so I guess if your card supports it, even if you have a pretty terrible computer overall, it should still work pretty nicely.

The problem with fraps and 60 fps capture is that it taxes the cpu, so even if you have a badass computer, those little unstable frames might cause microstutters in the final movie.
Shadowplay? Hmm, I might give that a try.