forum

[HELP] Accuracy vs. PP Farming ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
leaolaranja
So, I'm a casual (I would say, compared to most of you) osu! player since 2013. I always loved the game and I always reccomended it to some friends of mine (none of them resisted to osu lol . Whatever)

The fact is, I don't think I'm a BAAAD player. But certainly, I'm below the average here in the forums. And one of the reasons is: I ALWAYS play musics that I can (and that I will) do a solid S-Rank. Right now (14/01/2016 or 01/14/2016), my accuracy is 99.17%.

So my question is: Is it better to get musics with good accuracy or just play hardcore PP-farming songs and gets something like ~90% total accuracy?

Thank you for your attention :D
Sorry for bad english
chainpullz
Yes.
-Makishima S-
Play whatever you can FC with high acc.
Even most disgusting bullshit pp farm map gives nothing with shit acc.

Very nice acc like for your rank.
I could say you are first low ranked player here who actualy use brain and looks like was reading all tutorials.
Congratz, keep it up!
Topic Starter
leaolaranja

chainpullz wrote:

Yes.
Sooo, that means PP Farming > Accuracy? I didn't understand, sorry
-Makishima S-

leaolaranja wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

Yes.
FC + Accuracy == PP farming

Just FC = pray that you get something and probably game will tell you fuck off anyway.

Accuracy gives tons of pp.
chainpullz

leaolaranja wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

Yes.
PP farming is acc, so yes.
Mahogany
Hi dude

My acc is 99.4%

Also, I play much harder songs than you do

You're certainly not above average

Play hard maps and get 99% accuracy to be good
Topic Starter
leaolaranja
OK, I think I understood. I'll keep my accuracy, then :D
THANK YOU for all support you' ve given to me, I really appreciate it.
Mahogany
All you need to do is steadily increase the difficulty of the maps you're playing, while still being able to retain your accuracy
Vuelo Eluko
even im slightly below average as far as forum-goers go so no you're totally wrong on your self-assessment
Yolshka

leaolaranja wrote:

'll keep my accuracy, then
One trick to do is to look up some high od maps.
iirc the lowest star rating OD8 map i could find was like 3,4* but still a lot of pp.
N0thingSpecial
why not both?
Nabel_old_1
and here I am with my 96 acc because the only 5 star maps I can fc are streamy maps with shit acc :( In the hope that one day I'll be able to stream with high acc.
Topic Starter
leaolaranja

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

even im slightly below average as far as forum-goers go so no you're totally wrong on your self-assessment
Excuse me, I said 'above' but I wanted to mean BELOW all the time. Edited. My bad, sorry :/ I know that I'm the worst here.
-Makishima S-

N0thingSpecial wrote:

why not both?
Becouse only pp farming is bad. 8-)
Topic Starter
leaolaranja

Mahogany wrote:

Hi dude

My acc is 99.4%

Also, I play much harder songs than you do

You're certainly not above average

Play hard maps and get 99% accuracy to be good
Same thing here. I said above in the post but I know that I'm probably the worst here in the foruns, so I meant BELOW all the time. As I said, and I'll say it again, sorry for bad english. Edited, btw
Mahogany
Sorry, I saw you saying you thought you were "really good" and I always respond sarcastically whenever I see someone bragging about their skill.

I respect your humbleness and wish you the best of luck in improving!
Nabel_old_1

[Taiga] wrote:

N0thingSpecial wrote:

why not both?
Becouse only pp farming is bad. 8-)
So having low acc means you are a pp farmer? :o. So it's better to focus on maps you can high acc than focusing on maps you can fc? Looks like I'll need to change my playstyle :p
Topic Starter
leaolaranja
I know that this topic is "dead" right now, but I want to say "sorry" again to the persons who saw the original post, because it never was my intention to sound "the osu prodigy". Actually, when I started to use the forums, I was surprised, because I didn't find anyone with less PPs than me. And I still didn't see anyone, to be honest. I was afraid to post here, and I though a lot before made this question, because I'm really bad compared to you guys. But, even I'm sayin' something rude that i NEVER meant to say in ANY moment, you guys helped me out, and I'm glad for that. Seriously.

Once again, THANK YOU for everything :)
Endie-
Play for fun
shortpotato

leaolaranja wrote:

I know that this topic is "dead" right now, but I want to say "sorry" again to the persons who saw the original post, because it never was my intention to sound "the osu prodigy". Actually, when I started to use the forums, I was surprised, because I didn't find anyone with less PPs than me. And I still didn't see anyone, to be honest. I was afraid to post here, and I though a lot before made this question, because I'm really bad compared to you guys. But, even I'm sayin' something rude that i NEVER meant to say in ANY moment, you guys helped me out, and I'm glad for that. Seriously.

lol wat a nice guy saying sorry on g&r never heard dat before

btw u'd have to be pretty f***** autistic to get butthurt over an online forum anyways
vsprite

shortpotato wrote:

leaolaranja wrote:

lol wat a nice guy saying sorry on g&r never heard dat before

btw u'd have to be pretty f***** autistic to get butthurt over an online forum anyways
Its just a prank bro
I Give Up
I'm sorry.
DeathHydra
It's better to get accuracy instead of farming pp. pp is just not that important so you shouldn't farm too much. With high acc you can also get quite a lot of pp.

Don't be like me, low acc
Vuelo Eluko
acc is a trivial skill that can be grinded from low to high in a few weeks if you buckle down, best is to train aim always push the boundaries on what you can FC.

aim is precious, it's hard to improve and easy to lose. acc never goes away so why focus on it.
Endie-

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

acc is a trivial skill that can be grinded from low to high in a few weeks if you buckle down, best is to train aim always push the boundaries on what you can FC.

aim is precious, it's hard to improve and easy to lose. acc never goes away so why focus on it.
<---- Prime example right here
Barusamikosu
Riince is right.
chainpullz

Barusamikosu wrote:

Riince is right.
About everything but od10+. GL grinding higher than 98% on anything other than TV sizes in short time.

If you want high od10 account I hear building a shrine to Mizuki and worshipping every day goes a long way though. Just expect your aim to go to shit.
Vuelo Eluko

chainpullz wrote:

Barusamikosu wrote:

Riince is right.
About everything but od10+. GL grinding higher than 98% on anything other than TV sizes in short time.

If you want high od10 account I hear building a shrine to Mizuki and worshipping every day goes a long way though. Just expect your aim to go to shit.
let me be clear, noone is going to be able to have high acc at 'od10+' while also consistently improving their aim to go along with it unless they are playing as much as top players and well.. they are going to become top players and wouldn't be posting threads in g&r, i'm directing my advice towards people who have less time to put into the game and want to get the most out of it, not the hardcore elite who progress in every aspect appreciably beccause they drop 6k+ plays a month.
-Makishima S-
6k pc per month isn't hardcore.

Baru was making 1k per day.
Barusamikosu

chainpullz wrote:

chainpullz is right too but given the context of the thread I assumed Riince was talking about OD8/9.
show more