forum

Stuck between Insane and Extra

posted
Total Posts
show more
Suhun
I'm 33k and I can barely pass 5* maps lol, let alone fc them.
-Makishima S-

NotSuhun wrote:

I'm 33k and I can barely pass 5* maps lol, let alone fc them.
I'm 28k and i barely touch 5*, not mention i cannot play anything with HR. 4,4-4,8* is my range where i still get a lot of pp.
Topic Starter
bakadere
I forgot to mention one key thing actually, my standards are stupidly high. Most other games I play I destroy at (CSGO, was GE before I stopped, BF4 etc...) and I expect the same thing to happen. Anyway, presuming I get my acc up to 98-99% and can FC any insane song. I don't feel at that point even the jump to anything harder would be possible at all.
Endie-
just play more
-Makishima S-
Anyway, presuming I get my acc up to 98-99% and can FC any insane song. I don't feel at that point even the jump to anything harder would be possible at all.
Osu is not mindless FPS. This game require a lot of work, A LOOOT, tons of practice, nerves and especialy - patience.
Don't expect to play 4* maps @ 98-99% acc within first few months. Osu require babysteps to be good at.
More - if you screw up your progression by developing bad habits, it will go even harder and longer.
That's why everyone tell you to play easier stuff what you can properly acc and FC.
Good pp = very high acc and FC.
No pp = 93% acc and barely FC or no FC
Saphirshroom

-[Akira]- wrote:

Anyway, presuming I get my acc up to 98-99% and can FC any insane song. I don't feel at that point even the jump to anything harder would be possible at all.
That's because there are no jumps in this game. Improvement is slow, continuous and non-linear. The difficulty names are arbitrarily defined and don't represent the skill needed to play them in any way.

And it's obvious you don't feel that you can make the "jump" to anything harder because you're not even at the level you think you're at yet. You haven't FC'ed a single song >4*.
Suhun

[Taiga] wrote:

Osu is not mindless FPS. This game require a lot of work, A LOOOT, tons of practice, nerves and especialy - patience.
Don't expect to play 4* maps @ 98-99% acc within first few months. Osu require babysteps to be good at.
More - if you screw up your progression by developing bad habits, it will go even harder and longer.
That's why everyone tell you to play easier stuff what you can properly acc and FC.
Good pp = very high acc and FC.
No pp = 93% acc and barely FC or no FC
This, I played my first few months not focusing on acc, and right now I reached a wall where I have to fix my acc :<.
Topic Starter
bakadere
I understand now :P Once again I'm trying to rush to be good at osu. Im apparently not the god I like to think of myself as. When I said I could FC a 4.5* I was WAY off. Thought it was 4.5 stars when in fact it was 3.5* lol Last time I was stuck in Hard songs. Thanks for the advice guys!
Saphirshroom

NotSuhun wrote:

This, I played my first few months not focusing on acc, and right now I reached a wall where I have to fix my acc :<.
You merely adopted the wall. I was born in it, moulded by it.
-Ene-_old_1

-[Akira]- wrote:

I understand now :P Once again I'm trying to rush to be good at osu. Im apparently not the god I like to think of myself as. When I said I could FC a 4.5* I was WAY off. Thought it was 4.5 stars when in fact it was 3.5* lol Last time I was stuck in Hard songs. Thanks for the advice guys!
I'm playing 4.3-4.7* maps with HR atmo. Short/TV size ones (because you know, easy farming :) ) You get roughly 150-200pp for 97-99% acc fc...so....long way off 8-)
DeathHydra
No need to rush to be good in any games. Even though you are getting quite good in a short time, you will be nothing compared to those who have played for a long time. Just take it slowly and enjoy the game.
chainpullz

-[Akira]- wrote:

CuboidBeats wrote:

Stick with your hard diffs and 3 star insanes. Even if you could HRFC an "insane song", it won't help you improve speed. Play some higher bpm maps.
But anyways, you're still too inexperienced to play an actual Extra diff. They're about 5.5+ stars, and (sorry to say, but) you're not even close to that skill level. In short, just play more.
I know I'm far from being able to do them, but I don't gain rank off HR FC Hard songs (I suck at hidden unless its a high bpm song) and even FCing an Insane in 1-2 tries doesn't give me much.
HR fc'ing a (post increase) 4.99* 4 minute map can give upwards of 300pp. That's more than triple your top rank. The reason why you don't get shit for pp from your HR FC's is that your acc sucks. This indicates some combination of lack of reading skills and/or lack of finger control. If you cant even do low 4* maps with high accuracy then you would benefit a lot from playing hards (possibly with HR). Despite their lower accuracy requirement they stress single tapping and triples over everything else. Single tapping and triples are the most relevant skill for maps in the 4-4.5* range and are the bread and butter of rhythm. You don't need to be able to OD10 acc singles/triples but you better be able to do them in the OD8-9 range if you expect to be able to do more complex rhythms.

Just based on your accuracy I can tell you are not ready for anything above 4.5*. I won't give you a specific accuracy to shoot for before moving up because there is no clear line, but I'll emphasize that if there was a line, you are currently way below it.
Endaris
I'm challenging you to stream 124bpm accurately, here you go:
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/87580

inb4 you can't.
Topic Starter
bakadere

Endaris wrote:

inb4 you can't.
I appreciate your effort to be a dick, thanks. 90% accuracy on that. As I already stated, I can't stream for my life and part of my post was asking how to get better. Not for someone like you to come along. Though with such a post where I made myself look stupid for most of it, it's expected.
Vuelo Eluko

Endaris wrote:

inb4 you can't.
Personal Best (#2831 achieved 12 months ago)
Score 5,979,335 (82.18%)
Max Combo 548
300 / 100 / 50 453 / 80 / 51

ahh back when b1rd linked this to me to see if i could dt fc for the pp

i couldn't
Yolshka

-[Akira]- wrote:

90% accuracy on that.
Canon difficulty? Then that's pretty good isn't that?
Endaris

-[Akira]- wrote:

Endaris wrote:

inb4 you can't.
I appreciate your effort to be a dick, thanks. 90% accuracy on that. As I already stated, I can't stream for my life and part of my post was asking how to get better. Not for someone like you to come along. Though with such a post where I made myself look stupid for most of it, it's expected.
can't accurately stream more than 140.
It's below 140 so no problem?
Good self-evaluation playing more is the first step to get better. You assumed A LOT of things in your opening post that are simply not true.
A lot of people don't listen when you tell them that their assumptions are wrong so it's easier to let them see for themselves by giving them a map that is specific for a skill the person claims to possess.

90% are actually not horrible (better than I expected) but not good either.

I also kinda started typing the post when the thread was still fresh so I guess it was stupid on my behalf to post it 2h later when people overran you with answers already so my apologies for looking like a douche.

I also wrote some kind of guide for new players to build some fundamentals in case you're interested: t/342548
dung eater
find maps that are hard to you because of tapping/reading/patterns, practice those. ignore stars, trust yourself and learn what you are bad and get better at it

don't just stick to the maps that you find easy and are as high star as possible, unless you want to focus on aim/speed. learning finger control before learning speed is also really good.

a thing to note about hr, while good for aim and acc (if you already 99/100% it without hr), it makes reading much easier (less notes on screen, less things for brains to process).
Topic Starter
bakadere
can't accurately stream more than 140.
It's below 140 so no problem?
Good self-evaluation playing more is the first step to get better. You assumed A LOT of things in your opening post that are simply not true.
A lot of people don't listen when you tell them that their assumptions are wrong so it's easier to let them see for themselves by giving them a map that is specific for a skill the person claims to possess.

90% are actually not horrible (better than I expected) but not good either.

I also kinda started typing the post when the thread was still fresh so I guess it was stupid on my behalf to post it 2h later when people overran you with answers already.[/quote]

I love all the answers I got, sorry if I just came off a bit of a dick myself there. Just the way you said "inb4 you cant" is like you were purposefully trying to be a dick. Whether you were or not, yeah I understand what you're saying. I made a lot of false comments in my original post, unintentionally. Goes along with my whole "I like to think I'm god of everything" attitude.
KanoSet
play more to git gud and enjoy game pls
N0thingSpecial
you're not stuck, you're not even there how can you get stuck lol?
Vuelo Eluko
im still stuck at around 4.5 stars tbh in terms of what i can consistently fc
you are amazing for 700 pp
must be elo hell, bads keeping your rank down
shortpotato
wat is going on with these wackamole players!!!??!
Saphirshroom

shortpotato wrote:

wat is going on with these wackamole players!!!??!
New players focus on aim because they see Cookiezi doing sick stuffz and aim is where shortterm pp gain is at.
-Makishima S-
#BlameCookiezi
[ Kakuja ]
lol wtf, all these ''rush2insane'' players.

It's better to learn the game properly, it might be slow but worth it in the end.
Accuracy is the key to PP (with combo near FC or FC), low acc with FC isn't worth it in the end.
Accuracy is also the key to get good.

Play something around 4 star instead :P
-Makishima S-
Not a nice guy could link this: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/158309
And say it's standard insane map (which is true)

Trick about it is diffrent and not a single newbie will be able to even aim it.
It's nice stream practice map for 30-20k+ ranks tho.

Not mention for example Dopamine EXTREME or Kotori. #FingersControlPLS

Main trick for this maps is - progress properly, slowly and work on skillset - develop stable fingers control, same as aim for short spaced objects and long jumps.

Streams... standard topic here "how to stream". There should be dedicated article on which i am working since from my own experience as someone who intentionaly avoided streams at start, being a total garbage went into pretty decent level of handing them. TL;DR: Play moe and don't care. Amount of streams what i missed at start was ridiculus but hey, after 3-4k maps with streams, suddenly once what i earlier missed... fced without much problem with 100% acc. It just take tiiiiiime.

Newbs don't know this and that's the problem. Each part of skillset needs work with. Without it... you cannot develop a good aim for jumps and streams with playing 5-6* maps as 150k who barely click 3*.
DeathHydra

[Taiga] wrote:

Not a nice guy could link this: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/158309
And say it's standard insane map (which is true)
I have 87% acc on that map lol (the extra stage one, not the insane). #Imbadatstreamdontbullyplease
-Makishima S-
I have 87% acc on that map lol. #Imbadatstreamdontbullyplease
Yeah, stream bully. Imba i get attacked by group of raging newbs that i don't give them.... ekhm.... jumps map. So yea, hf, they all play "easy" but then i get attacked in matter of "i cannot play dynamic jump maps":
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/304602 (great song, great map)
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/290581 (Fycho and his style)
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/338533 (unranked but this SEX "Shikakukaku......", also great map and even more sexy song)

Imma get Maho, Endaris and maybe some more and we could make a collab article and Q&A about all problems what newbs get.
N0thingSpecial

[ Kakuja ] wrote:

It's better to learn the game properly, it might be slow but worth it in the end.
Accuracy is the key to PP (with combo near FC or FC), low acc with FC isn't worth it in the end.

Honestly I think it's ok as long they dont just aim for pass and aim for acc also, cause I was that guy at 200k rank ish who spam retry on a song until a pass it with an A.
[ Kakuja ]

N0thingSpecial wrote:

[ Kakuja ] wrote:

Honestly I think it's ok as long they dont just aim for pass and aim for acc also, cause I was that guy at 200k rank ish who spam retry on a song until a pass it with an A.
Of course they won't be able to get very high acc in the beginning, aim for acc is the way to go and that's what I meant, sorry for not being clear enough.