forum

Post Your Hidden Talents!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Shiro
I don't have any kind of "talent".

But I tried and practiced a lot of things ! Nothing worth mentioning though.
Hyguys
my spinner is too fast imo

proving
ATTACH[Hyguys - Loituma - Ievan Polkka [SPINNER-MADNESS] (2010-11-17) Osu.osr]

Download: Hyguys - Loituma - Ievan Polkka [SPINNER-MADNESS] (2010-11-17) Osu.osr
Shiro

Hyguys wrote:

minyeob
Touching hand with middle finger :3
TKiller

Odaril wrote:

Hyguys wrote:

average :|

also, strager replied me with "kwa" and said to ask you what dies that mean. What does that mean?
NoHitter

minyeob wrote:

You mean the back of your hand or the palm >.>
Shiro

TKiller wrote:

average :|

also, strager replied me with "kwa" and said to ask you what dies that mean. What does that mean?
I know it's average, it's my point. :|

Also strager, I laughed.
Mogsy

Jarby wrote:

Mogsworth wrote:

Unless you're capable of transcribing some weird things directly from sheet music, a collab between us wouldn't really pan out.
Am I mistaken in thinking that this isn't difficult at all?
If you only have electronic music experience, it is (as in no sheet music experience). You wouldn't believe how many electronic music composers don't get basic music theory.
Jarby

Mogsworth wrote:

If you only have electronic music experience, it is (as in no sheet music experience). You wouldn't believe how many electronic music composers don't get basic music theory.
Oh, I guess that makes sense then.
those

Mogsworth wrote:

If you mean basic music theory as in relationship between the 12 tones of a scale, then yeah.
It's horrible when electronic music composers follow chord progressions that JUST DON'T WORK.
Rokodo

Azure_Kyte wrote:

I'm a master at the art of Procrastination.
Amen to that.

Most of my talents are computer based. :|
rust45
I can figure out how to do you things pretty easily in programs just by messing around.
Daru

Rokodo wrote:

Azure_Kyte wrote:

I'm a master at the art of Procrastination.
Most of my talents are computer based. :|
I can procrastinate on the internet.
Topic Starter
Crimmi

minyeob wrote:

I could've done that. :o
anonymous_old

rust45 wrote:

I can figure out how to do you things pretty easily in programs just by messing around.
Me too. Not a talent. Just confidence combined with common sense.
rust45
It's just that everyone I know wonders how I'm able to figure stuff like that out.

Oh well though, at least I can still play an Euphonium.
Yoichi Sturmhimmel
I can play the flute, and can compose. If you want a sample of my works, I can e-mail them to you?, (.wav and .mid format only)
Firo Prochainezo
I know every single thing about World War II. I don't know if it's talent or not.
Fatouma
My hidden talents.. are.. 0.0 Skateboarding. I will show u a picture of my skateboard WHEN it was brand new. Now it looks like shit with all the Try-to-do tricks. xD I'm an artist. Well, I used to. Can't really draw much anymore. I'm a story writer. :P

MySkateboardPictureBeingBrandNew:

My drawings: [ They are crap. ]

That's enough. D:< You've seen enough. HmPH!
Topic Starter
Crimmi

Yoichi Sturmhimmel wrote:

I can play the flute, and can compose. If you want a sample of my works, I can e-mail them to you?, (.wav and .mid format only)
Sure maybe i can remix it on my FL Studio :)
minyeob

NoHItter wrote:

minyeob wrote:

You mean the back of your hand or the palm >.>
of course, back of my hand.
ask peppy lol
alvisto
My ex-talent is superb mathematical skills, especially calculus & probability. Never score anything except A in all my math and additional math exams (except that certain one math paper that involve lots of questions on "set", I suck at that only). I doubt I have this talent anymore since I am now studying Medicine right now. :<

Another talent is cam-whoring. I can like give you 10 poses in 5 seconds. orz
Topic Starter
Crimmi

alvisto wrote:

Another talent is cam-whoring. I can like give you 10 poses in 5 seconds. orz
Darn you'll give me a run for my money :o
Dypo_old
I'm addicted to spriting. I would post some of my sprites, but I haven't seen any Art Sections, nor have I made osu! related art... :/
adam2046

Dypo wrote:

I'm addicted to spriting. I would post some of my sprites, but I haven't seen any Art Sections, nor have I made osu! related art... :/
Just make a topic in General Discussion or Off Topic.
Dypo_old
So that's allowed?

I only have AA-related art, though. Is it still OK...?
adam2046
I meant make some sort of art/pixel art thread.
And people love Ace Attorney here anyway.

Oh yeah, I have a rather good sense of time. Can set a timer going and arrive seconds before it goes off.
Dypo_old
Booyah!

I'll make a topic about it in GD (because I've been told not to go to OT).
TKiller

adam2046 wrote:

Oh yeah, I have a rather good sense of time. Can set a timer going and arrive seconds before it goes off.
I have a thing like this too, a bit different though. If I look at my watches, I can tell current time precisely to a minute for at least 1,5 hours after looking at watches.
those
Wow, a full 90 minutes?
I'm only accurate to two minutes for the first hour, then within five minutes for the next hour...
I have this thing with time as well =P
Sekuyi
dunno if its a hidden talent or just perfect instinct.
2 years ago I had an appointment for a job interview. On my way there I walked across a bridge. in my left hand I had my iPod and in my right my umbrella coz it was raining. there was a river underneath and at its sides big trees with big branches were over the bridge. in germany its called "Trauerweide". my dictionary says its something like "weeping willow" in englisch(?) it looks like this here: .
so, I walked across the bridge, iPod in my hand and was just changing the song. when I was about 1 metre before exactly under a freaking big of those branches... I don't know how to say. It was like I was feeling there was somethin' coming - can't explain it with words. I stopped and immediately made a jump backwards. and there you go, that freaking branch smashed on the bridge. there was a boy on a bike which drove right into it, also a car got hit - they were not able to break that fast.
I threw of my umbrella, put my iPod in my jacket and first ran over to the boy with the bike - he was ok. Then quickly to the car. There were 3 people in total inside. A man with his wife and their child. The child was ok - well it definitely had a shock so..., but the man and his wife were trapped in the car. So I called 112 (emergency in germany to call doctors and fire fighters, 110 is for police) for help. When they arrived they got them free and they thanked me.

I still went to the job interview afterwards, but on that day I was only like "wow, omg. that was freaking crazy" and couldn't really say a word. They didn't employ me, but I don't care. I got out of that situation without a scrath and helped ppl.

Since that day I have some freaking insane reaction/instinct and can avoid almost everything. even my Iaido teacher thinks I'm kinda creepy coz I evade all attacks when we do 1 on 1 fights in training ^^
Faust

Sekuyi wrote:

2 years ago I had an appointment for a job interview. On my way there I walked across a bridge. in my left hand I had my iPod and in my right my umbrella coz it was raining. there was a river underneath and at its sides big trees with big branches were over the bridge. in germany its called "Trauerweide". my dictionary says its something like "weeping willow" in englisch(?) it looks like this here: .
so, I walked across the bridge, iPod in my hand and was just changing the song. when I was about 1 metre before exactly under a freaking big of those branches... I don't know how to say. It was like I was feeling there was somethin' coming - can't explain it with words. I stopped and immediately made a jump backwards. and there you go, that freaking branch smashed on the bridge. there was a boy on a bike which drove right into it, also a car got hit - they were not able to break that fast.
I threw of my umbrella, put my iPod in my jacket and first ran over to the boy with the bike - he was ok. Then quickly to the car. There were 3 people in total inside. A man with his wife and their child. The child was ok - well it definitely had a shock so..., but the man and his wife were trapped in the car. So I called 112 (emergency in germany to call doctors and fire fighters, 110 is for police) for help. When they arrived they got them free and they thanked me.

I still went to the job interview afterwards, but on that day I was only like "wow, omg. that was freaking crazy" and couldn't really say a word. They didn't employ me, but I don't care. I get out of that situation without a scrath and helped ppl.

Since that day I have some freaking insane reaction/instinct and can avoid almost everything. even my Iaido teacher thinks I'm kinda creepy coz I evade all attacks when we do 1 on 1 fights in training ^^
You have terrifying precognition. It's a very useful skill to have.
Shohei Ohtani
If playing Tuba and (Bass) Trombone well enough to get compliments from judges at competitions, then I guess that's a talent.

Other than that, meh.
anonymous_old

Sekuyi wrote:

TL;DR

I still went to the job interview afterwards, but on that day I was only like "wow, omg. that was freaking crazy" and couldn't really say a word. They didn't employ me, but I don't care. I got out of that situation without a scrath and helped ppl.

Best thing I've read in GD in a long time.
Sekuyi
'GD' ?
maal

Sekuyi wrote:

'GD' ?
General Discussion.
TTTTTTTTTTTT
I want to find my talent :(
Shellghost
I seem to have the ability to be at least moderately good at everything. Of course i'm better at things i'm interested in, although i'm not extremely good at one or two things.

I can twirl staffs or any long thin object around like a mother fuckin' ninja.

I have great balance and can use my feet for tasks like lifting things with a handle or picking up small objects if i have no shoes on.
Jinxy
Slight precognition/intuition. Not as holy wow as Sekuyi's, but once my father was lighting up some spark-stick thing for my cousin, then I was thinking "how often do people get burns from doing this?" My father gets a slight one on his thumb.

One more, family was dining out at a chinese restaurant and for some reason all the people working there were Thais or Filipinos. After seeing my father talk to one, I was like "Our order probably won't be served correctly."
We ended up having one less plate of fried rice.

I also have a 15 minute timer in my head because of a passive game I play. Usually off by a minute or two, though.
NoHitter

JInxyjem wrote:

Slight precognition/intuition. Not as holy wow as Sekuyi's, but once my father was lighting up some spark-stick thing for my cousin, then I was thinking "how often do people get burns from doing this?" My father gets a slight one on his thumb.

One more, family was dining out at a chinese restaurant and for some reason all the people working there were Thais or Filipinos. After seeing my father talk to one, I was like "Our order probably won't be served correctly."
We ended up having one less plate of fried rice.

I also have a 15 minute timer in my head because of a passive game I play. Usually off by a minute or two, though.
:(
show more