forum

[resolved] [confirmed] Multiplayer replays are saved after failing the map.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Trosk-
p/4351178

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

Problem Details: As the title said. Played the map on the 18th July 2015 (multiplayer). Played it again on the 19th and today (20th) just noticed it has the replay from the 18th in the Local Ranking board.

Played the multiplayer game on the 18th with osu!Beta version and not stable.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

Replay: http://puu.sh/j61jH/b132a699a3.osr (Failed around 75% percent through the map adjusting my grip.)
Map: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/178966&m=0 (Talent Shredder) [0108 style]
Basically, if you are playing a map in multiplayer, fail, then revive andbe alive at the end, the replay will be saved, even if you failed in the middle of the map.
Endaris
How is this an issue though? It already exists for months too.
The scores don't submit and having replays for failed maps is even a feature request which is why I would declare it as a feature instead of "fixing" it.
Dntm8kmeeatu

Endaris wrote:

How is this an issue though? It already exists for months too.
The scores don't submit and having replays for failed maps is even a feature request which is why I would declare it as a feature instead of "fixing" it.
Hmmm, Yes... Very much this.

I didn't know that this was in fact a glitch or issue (If it actually is).

I was actually quite pleased when I noticed that those replays saved.

If it is an "Issue" it should be "Fixed" and turned into a feature.
VeilStar
It was not intended for such replays to save, that's all.

Turning it into a feature is fine by me though. This can be invalidated if the behaviour becomes consistent across both multiplayer and singleplayer. Otherwise it's going to stay here I guess.
Dntm8kmeeatu

VeilStar wrote:

This can be invalidated if the behaviour becomes consistent across both multiplayer and singleplayer. Otherwise it's going to stay here I guess.
Well, The replays only save when you revive, So it's kinda a pass. It doesn't save the replay if you stay failed.

I would consider that somewhat consistent behavior.
Death