forum

[null] Clean and Colorful osu skin

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[null_]
Here is the skin I have made and has been the only one I've used since. I decided to finally post it here so others can find it more easily. It has both 1x and 2x resolution images so it will look good at higher resolutions while still being compatible with resolutions below 1600x900. This skin is designed to be easy to see and use and meant for backgrounds dimmed to 80-100%.

Current version = v4.0 RC0

Download Link + Skin Homepage:
https://null-src.com/store/listings/yorunohikari/product.php

I like constructive criticism so please feel free to give suggestions to improve the skin, however this skin is made by me for me so dont be disappointing if I dont implement a suggestion.

If you dont like a change I have made in a new version of the skin I usually keep UI elements from previous versions inside the skin in folders marked "*OLD*" in case you prefer some elements from an older version.
KatouMegumi
Nice job. Will download now. Wait for reply.
Well... menu-button-background looks like it's copied from other skin.
Stairs on cursor... Do you even use antialiasing?
You also forget to skin some elements that look ugly on default skin, for example score digths.
Topic Starter
[null_]

fizzn1 wrote:

Nice job. Will download now. Wait for reply.
Well... menu-button-background looks like it's copied from other skin.
Stairs on cursor... Do you even use antialiasing?
You also forget to skin some elements that look ugly on default skin, for example score digths.
Thank you, its my first skin. I hope people will enjoy it :)

I have made all images from scratch but I haven't seen/used many osu! skins so I wouldn't be surprised if someone's skin has similar looking images. If it really does look that generic I could change it.

Hmm I haven't seen any aliasing, maybe only seen with a specific resolution? I have tested with 800x600, 1280x720, 1600x900, 1920x1080, and 2560x1440.
If you are referring to the screenshot that may be JPEG artifacts from taking the screenshot.

I haven't noticed the score font until you mentioned it, it does look bad I will change it to match the hit circle font. I will be doing other random UI, buttons, and mod icons soon also.
KatouMegumi
Well look here, borders are kinda jagged, try antialiasing and leave some space between borders
Topic Starter
[null_]

fizzn1 wrote:

Well look here, borders are kinda jagged, try antialiasing and leave some space between borders
Ahh okay I see what you mean now. (I keep forgetting about the non @2x images) I just made a bunch of new images and improved the 'anti aliasing' of the cursor and various other parts of the skin a bit. I also noticed that sometimes when an image has a hard edge, osu introduces artifacts around them so I softened the edges enough to prevent it without making the image blurry.
O2MasterFX

You might want to fix this...
Topic Starter
[null_]

O2MasterFX wrote:

You might want to fix this...

Edit:
Fixed version uploaded and download links updated :)

Oops, I forgot to change the HitCircleOverlap when I added the new font. Thanks for pointing it out!

Change "HitCircleOverlap: 50" to "HitCircleOverlap: 0" inside the "skin.ini" until I re-upload :)
OsuMe65
JP version isn't fully JP.
最大コンボ is enough for Maximum Combo (JP)
The rest is fine.
Topic Starter
[null_]

OsuMe65 wrote:

The rest is fine.
I thought it was weird having 数 at the end but wasn't sure lol, thanks for telling me. (Not my first language)
For elements that osu! already references in other places, I kept them the same for consistency. Like スコア vs 得点 for example if that's what you meant by "fully JP" I May change it honestly, I just can't decide because it bugs me to have the same element named differently in different places.
OsuMe65

[null_] wrote:

OsuMe65 wrote:

The rest is fine.
I thought it was weird having 数 at the end but wasn't sure lol, thanks for telling me. (Not my first language)
For elements that osu! already references in other places, I kept them the same for consistency. Like スコア vs 得点 for example if that's what you meant by "fully JP" I May change it honestly, I just can't decide because it bugs me to have the same element named differently in different places.
nononononono, not that "Score"
There are still elements in English; that's what I mean.
Topic Starter
[null_]
nononononono, not that "Score"
There are still elements in English; that's what I mean.
Ahhhh haha, okay yes. I plan on doing the rest still :) It Shouldn't take me very long to finish it once I have time to sit down and work on it again. The English elements are still there right now as kind of a placeholder.
atturbo555
Wow is looking nice but I will think no slider end circle(in new ver.) is better.
But overview is nice. :3
[CuteAnimeGirl]
Great skin, I set it as my default one. It's doing it great so far. It seems that all gamemodes are skinned, but just one problem, I don't see the tiny hitcircles in the taiko drumrolls (I fixed it when I modify the sliderscorepoint.png).

Anyway, I loved the skin, I'm waiting for more updates (maybe for CtB), or some customization. :)
A ManOfCulture
You forgot the stars if you put that in i really would've used this skin very long term keep up with the good work
Evryon
This is the skin ive been using for a while, of course my skin is made out of many other elements from other skins but this is the main style my skin has, and i love it. Thanks for making it thats all i wanted to say.
BloodCatFan2022
its not working. that a private. i requested this access
Topic Starter
[null_]
Updated original post to include link to new skin homepage where the most recent version can be downloaded.
Download Link + Skin Homepage:[/b] https://null-src.com/store/listings/yorunohikari/product.php