forum

What should I do?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
acethejet
Whenever I play Osu!

I hold my mouse in a claw position

This puts a lot of strain on my wrist and it hurts after a good minute.

By holding it in a claw position, I can control my movements pretty well, however there is a cost to pay (my wrist)
Cursor is pretty slow btw

Should I try putting my Osu! on higher sensitivity so I don't put much strain on my wrist and easier for spinning?

or
should I try to play Osu! with slow sensitivity but by holding my mouse with the palm of my hand. (I would have to move my arm at this point since its low sensitivity)
GSG95
yes, do try a higher sensitivity. ever since i started playing csgo (low sens) i was never able to play osu properly because of the wrist movement problems.

alternatively you can try to use your fingertips more. i'm not sure how that is going to work, however.

good luck.
DeathHydra
Seems like your sensitivity is too low. I also use claw grip and my hand doesn't hurt that much. Try higher sensitivity.

You are also new to this game. Keep playing and your stamina will increase.
Topic Starter
acethejet

DeathAdderz wrote:

Seems like your sensitivity is too low. I also use claw grip and my hand doesn't hurt that much. Try higher sensitivity.

You are also new to this game. Keep playing and your stamina will increase.
semi-new ish

ok fine, im probably a noob still lol

im still rolling with 4 star maps D: (new account)
silento
Don't quite go to 4 stars just yet. Relax and drop down to beginner level first.

As for your issue, it's a common thing that happens to new players, regardless of whether you play mouse or tablet. You can either change your grip or just play and ignore the pain (unless it's truly burning, for which I hope you've seen a doctor at that point). Just play more and see what's up, then fix it.
Yolshka
Are you sure it's not your posture?
Topic Starter
acethejet

TheArchist wrote:

Don't quite go to 4 stars just yet. Relax and drop down to beginner level first.

As for your issue, it's a common thing that happens to new players, regardless of whether you play mouse or tablet. You can either change your grip or just play and ignore the pain (unless it's truly burning, for which I hope you've seen a doctor at that point). Just play more and see what's up, then fix it.

I raised my sensitivity on my mouse and did a 3.5 star map with a C~B

after I get used to the sensitivity ill head back into 4 stars

Thanks for advice though
Nabel_old_1

acethejet wrote:

why are you playing 4 star maps when you only started playing osu today? Don't rush to high diff maps.
Topic Starter
acethejet

Nabel wrote:

acethejet wrote:

why are you playing 4 star maps when you only started playing osu today? Don't rush to high diff maps.
Because today isn't my first day of playing osu

(never judge a book by its cover)

I always play offline and play multiplayer when i'm with a friend.

I have multiple accounts btw.
N0thingSpecial
-Ene-_old_1

acethejet wrote:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
-Makishima S-
Each player may only create and play on ONE account at any point of time. Making multiple accounts or sharing accounts with other users will result in severe penalties.

https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Osu!:Rules

You made a big mistake my friend.
Topic Starter
acethejet

[Taiga] wrote:

Each player may only create and play on ONE account at any point of time. Making multiple accounts or sharing accounts with other users will result in severe penalties.

https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Osu!:Rules

You made a big mistake my friend.
(didn't know)
It's fine, I don't remember the users and pass of other accounts anyways,
just this account is active for me.
Topic Starter
acethejet
I'm actually concerned about the policy for multiple accounts.

I had no idea this was illegal in Osu!

What should I do about this? Delete accounts? Contact support?

Trying to be legit here.
-Makishima S-
Afaik when you register, you accept rules and there is cleary wrote you are allowed to have ONLY ONE account.
You apperently didn't read them while registering to game.

Your chance is to contact support, be honest, appologize and ask to delete your "inactive" accounts. Just don't lie, truth is worth way more and they may go easy on you this time.
Topic Starter
acethejet

[Taiga] wrote:

Afaik when you register, you accept rules and there is cleary wrote you are allowed to have ONLY ONE account.

Your chance is to contact support, be honest, appologize and ask to delete your "inactive" accounts. Just don't lie, truth is worth way more and they may go easy on you this time.
Thanks!

I'll try to contact support and see if they can delete my other accounts.

It's my mistake for not reading the ToS.
-Makishima S-
Way to go my friend, always a lesson for future. Good luck!
Saphirshroom
I really wonder how one could possibly miss that unless you're creating an account from a different network every time

Whatever, I guess.
DeathHydra

[Taiga] wrote:

Tbh, I never read rules lol. Things like Terms of Service and rules are usually very long so I don't read it most of the time.
Topic Starter
acethejet

Saphirshroom wrote:

I really wonder how one could possibly miss that unless you're creating an account from a different network every time

Whatever, I guess.
That wasn't shown to me when I made them last year.

Same network.