forum

Tournament Style Similar to The Voice

posted
Total Posts

Do you think that this would work? (please read entire plan before voting)

Yes
77.92%
No
11.69%
Undecided
10.39%
Total votes: 77
Topic Starter
-Sunshine-
I came up with this random idea while chatting with some friends about starting a tournament. The main idea is to do something similar to the voice. We will have a bracket style like normal tournaments but the tournament will be in two parts. Keep in mind that this is the very basics of the plan and I will add more info if people think that this is a good idea. Also, the second part of the tournament will be held during the summer. Still undecided as to whether the first part will start in the summer as well.

Part 1:
Something similar to group stages will commence. There will be a group of 4 with each player competing individually. The two winning players from each match will be put into a chart. Then myself and the other leaders participating in the tournament will select team members from this chart.

Part 2:
The teams that we put together will begin competing against one another in groups of 4 again until everyone has competed against each other. Then we will half the teams based on how they scored. We will repeat this until there is one person left on each team. Then the leaders will compete with their team member, this time in a 2v2 until everyone has versed each other.
Topic Starter
-Sunshine-
Alright :) seeing as this poll had a pretty positive turnout, I'm going to proceed with making plans for the actual tournament. I will post something in the near furture so keep your eyes open!
Suhun

-Sunshine- wrote:

Alright :) seeing as this poll had a pretty positive turnout, I'm going to proceed with making plans for the actual tournament. I will post something in the near furture so keep your eyes open!
Hype?
Scyan
Sounds like it could be pretty fun, and successful, variety is always nice!
laport
So let me get this straight, playing osu like the voice or is this a singing tournament?
Topic Starter
-Sunshine-

laport wrote:

So let me get this straight, playing osu like the voice or is this a singing tournament?
Playing osu in the style of The Voice. There is already Osu!Idol so I'm not going to try and put up another one.
Alacdoom97
When you post the tournament, are you gonna call it "The Voice Tourney"? so I can look out and join if it is between ranks 20k to 30k
Topic Starter
-Sunshine-

Alacdoom97 wrote:

When you post the tournament, are you gonna call it "The Voice Tourney"? so I can look out and join if it is between ranks 20k to 30k
I'm going to be making several catagories for each rank range so that anyone can join. And yes, I will call it something along those lines. We are still in planning stage so expect to be waiting for a bit still.
Suhun

-Sunshine- wrote:

Alacdoom97 wrote:

I'm going to be making several catagories for each rank range so that anyone can join. And yes, I will call it something along those lines. We are still in planning stage so expect to be waiting for a bit still.
Oh thank you! :D , I am excited about this!