forum

playing offline

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Ceytin
thanks for the replies, i hate ambiguity and the reddit lynch mobs was something i'd rather not have to deal with so i wanted to get a clear understanding of offline play, my internet is shit atm so its something i figured i should clear up now rather than later.
-Makishima S-
Go and play
Give zero fucks about reddit
If you set some great scores from time to time and some of this shitters accuse you for cheating - full shit on him and laugh into his face.

Just enjoy game and have a lot of fun.
ZenithPhantasm
pls enjoy game
gregest

[Taiga] wrote:

You have to really go to an extreme before it even looks suspect tbh.
I saw already witchhunt over guy with like 12(x) pp top rank so no, reddit braindead shitters doesn't have any limits, every single offline player is a mandatory cheater. That's why honestly this subreddit should be already closed or nuked by spambots to give mods hard time for not keeping it clear.

Anyway OP, have a lot of fun. Please set some amazing scores from time to time :).
taiga, I don't wanna be rude because I love you but, are you really that stupid to not see when somebody is a cheater
-Makishima S-
taiga, I don't wanna be rude because I love you but, are you really that stupid to not see when somebody is a cheater
Yeah, not mention tons of witchhunt over Rohulk, he was and is apperently a cheater. /s
Still sone cunts tend to post shit about him and search every single point to just make a shithole there.
Sorry if someone is cheating i just use report function and dont bother with making shitty witchhunt threads.
So far i found OSU REDDIT as first what allows witchhunting.
Isn't this weird?

Anyway, i am out of this offtop, it makes me annoyed already, yes my fault on this but still whatever. I got pissed when this shitters started comming to GnR and posting their smelly idiotic "wanna be maymay". >.<
Vuelo Eluko

[Taiga] wrote:

Yeah, not mention tons of witchhunt over Rohulk, he was and is apperently a cheater. /s
Still sone cunts tend to post shit about him and search every single point to just make a shithole there.
Sorry if someone is cheating i just use report function and dont bother with making shitty witchhunt threads.
So far i found OSU REDDIT as first what allows witchhunting.
Isn't this weird?

Anyway, i am out of this offtop, it makes me annoyed already, yes my fault on this but still whatever. I got pissed when this shitters started comming to GnR and posting their smelly idiotic "wanna be maymay". >.<

-Ene-_old_1
He had his lucky pants on that day
-Makishima S-
Riince just joined reddit scumbags, good to know.

/me write proper note
shortpotato
Its not illegal to play offline but why would you want to in the first place?
Saphirshroom
Someone with an account post this on reddit and see if they'll witchhunt us for revenge.
Nabel_old_1

shortpotato wrote:

Its not illegal to play offline but why would you want to in the first place?
shit internet? I played 3-4 weeks offline because I had shitty internet.
Risa
How many of these reddit fags will even dare to reveal their osu accounts in the forums lmao
vsprite

Reset- wrote:

How many of these reddit fags will even dare to reveal their osu accounts in the forums lmao
Heavy breathing
I Give Up
I can't reddit coz name already taken there v_v
-Makishima S-

Reset- wrote:

*cought*

There is already one.
Not gonna point out with finger.
Play moe.
Vuelo Eluko
one of these days taiga is going to full elliot rodgers on all the people on his redditor list
damn, i don't even have a gun, rip me
-Makishima S-

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

one of these days taiga is going to full elliot rodgers on all the people on his redditor list
damn, i don't even have a gun, rip me
Grow up, then you will understand diffrence betwin pure toxic behavior, giving a great game bad name on other community places and proper friendly society where witchhunt and destructive behavior are punishable.
Vuelo Eluko
it kind of has to be because the people in charge don't look for cheaters. the community has to be self-policing. the game is very vulnerable to cheaters.

it seems like you want the game to be ruled by cheaters with how much you oppose any attempt to stop them. Blame the staff for their hands-off attitude and over-reliance on automatic cheat detection. Reddit is not ideal but it's all we've got, the only place where the community has the ear of the staff on controversial issues. What would we do without them? Post threads about it that get locked all day? Please.

of course you know mods still wouldn't ban someone unless they really found evidence of cheating in the investigation after the restriction, so if a witchhunt starts on a legit player, the most he will have to deal with is a very annoying restriction.

There's a larger issue here with reddit policing. Some players could get away with cheating more easily because of overwhelming positive sentiment. Azer, wubwoofwolf, rrtyui, rustbell, etc. Of course I don't believe there is any way they would cheat but I think it's unfair that they would have such a harder time being put under the magnifying glass if they did without getting downvoted/meme'd out of existence, as opposed to some randoms like seiko or rohulk appearing out of nowhere.
Topic Starter
Ceytin
i agree we shouldn't be relying on an outside source like reddit to police the cheaters, it would be best if the devs took the time to find cheaters themselves the same way reddit does, by checking scores and whatnot or use a similar system that other mmo's use that detects 3rd party software being loaded while playing the game to detect cheating and hacking. at least then the policing would be done in house than on some website like reddit that lynch mobs players that very well could be innocent but get mass reported by the droves of redditors. not saying this is the case all the time but there are cases of it happening of this i am certain, and the main reason i started this thread was to address just that. getting a clear understanding of the rules and discussing the toxicity of allowing reddit to be our law enforcement.

my biggest question is when does latent talent come into play, some players have been playing rhythm games their whole lives and obviously would have a clearer understanding of how the mechanics would work than someone who knows nothing, everyone has different levels of reaction speed and precision and clearly some of those people being labled as cheaters for having low play counts and high scores could be they are just more talented than others. im not implying that this is how all players are but there must be a better way of incriminating a player than just scores and time of play.
-Makishima S-
it seems like you want the game to be ruled by cheaters with how much you oppose any attempt to stop them.
Read last Peppy proposition and how community reacted to it. Happy about it? Community itself want to sit on shit insteed of clean readable subreddit.

Blame the staff for their hands-off attitude and over-reliance on automatic cheat detection.
This also works in second way - more people aware that there is way of cheating --> more people cheats.
Witchhunting just giving cheaters attention.
There is fuckin !report option for something. It takes less than 10 seconds to open Banchoo window, write this, write nickname, write "cheater - [put your arguments to support your judgment]".

Reddit is not ideal but it's all we've got, the only place where the community has the ear of the staff on controversial issues.
So far it's nothing else than bunch of shitters calling each others a cheaters, place to create useless drama, even bigger cunts putting their nose into not their cases and spreading pretty confidental informations which.... guess sherlock - fire up even bigger drama. Example was yesterday/today.

What would we do without them? Post threads about it that get locked all day? Please.
Use last piece of your brain cells and learn that there are some functions ingame to report innapropiate behavior and cheating.

There's a larger issue here with reddit policing. Some players could get away with cheating more easily because of overwhelming positive sentiment. Azer, wubwoofwolf, rrtyui, rustbell, etc. Of course I don't believe there is any way they would cheat but I think it's unfair that they would have such a harder time being put under the magnifying glass if they did without getting downvoted/meme'd out of existence, as opposed to some randoms like seiko or rohulk appearing out of nowhere.
Oh cmon, you realy believe that staff could just close eyes if some "known persona" cheated and leave him alone becouse "he is known"?
That's actualy biggest opportunity to shut the fuck up people - show that not rank or how known you are matter. They can close eyes on some rules but others are in the group where you get immidiatly locked down.

I am out, this is like talking to brick.

/mods - I am fully aware of creating offtop and if i get any silence, i take it, no problem, just want to clarify and show some obvious facts that "no shit sherlock" people doesn't see.
Infevo
As long as the game submits scores achieved offline it is perfectly legit to assume that playing offline is fine.

I also doubt players get banned merely based on the fact they play offline a lot/mostly or that their achieved score don't correlate with their play count. But I have been to reddit 3 times at most in my life. So I cannot say what's going on there either.

Personally, I don't like that offline scores are perfectly accepted considering the ranking system and the pp algorithm standing behind it. I'd love the devs to also sync play count and hits if they kept the system as it is right now or make any achievement only make it into one's ranking if done live as a whole. So as soon someone only loses connection for a split second I would dq the play. And I know, people will disagree with me on this. Yet, I think to have consistent data and properly representing 'time invested/progress' relations this is what needs to be done; as well as preventing offline cheating (2 monitors for hd/fl, multiboxing for hr plays, aim hacks which might not be detected offline, and so on).
-Makishima S-
As long as the game submits scores achieved offline it is perfectly legit to assume that playing offline is fine.
Scores achieved offline are not submited at all. To gain any pp, your play need to be done online and submited while you are connected to your account.
For more informations, Wiki is your key.
Infevo

[Taiga] wrote:

Scores achieved offline are not submited at all. To gain any pp, your play need to be done online and submited while you are connected to your account.
For more informations, Wiki is your key.
Really? I remember certain occasions I played offline during server problems and I wouldn't be connected before and after the play I made. Just recently, there have been connectivity issues along with bancho going nuts every 2 to 3 seconds and I would simply play. I achieved a score not being connected which was later granted me as my new top score.
Nabel_old_1
:lol:

Infevo wrote:

Really? I remember certain occasions I played offline during server problems and I wouldn't be connected before and after the play I made. Just recently, there have been connectivity issues along with bancho going nuts every 2 to 3 seconds and I would simply play. I achieved a score not being connected which was later granted me as my new top score.
I had the same thing If I was doing plays while I was offline but it was trying to connect to bancho it would be submitted if I didn't close the game before it reconnected. But if I never tried to connect it doesn't submit my scores if I go online later during the same session.

Probably because if you were connected and lost connection during your session the game still recognizes the play as played by you. But if you never connected there isn't a username connected to the plays you make.
Vuelo Eluko

[Taiga] wrote:

Use last piece of your brain cells and learn that there are some functions ingame to report innapropiate behavior and cheating.
this is largely useless in my experiences, at least score reporting. I've only gotten one cheater banned this way: Martell. There's no denying reddit sensationalism gets things done way faster.

you honestly need to grow up a bit, it's hard to believe you're in your 30's
Topic Starter
Ceytin

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

[Taiga] wrote:

this is largely useless in my experiences, at least score reporting. I've only gotten one cheater banned this way: Martell. There's no denying reddit sensationalism gets things done way faster.

you said it yourself there is no denying reddit sensationalism gets things done, i just hope that doesn't end up being abused to get people banned because the majority thinks he is guilty case closed. as long as the old saying innocent until proven guilty is upheld i have no issues but unfortunately this can be easily abused by the wrong people and enough voices.
-Ene-_old_1

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

[Taiga] wrote:

Dude prattles on about his toxicity yet he seems to be the one usually flame baiting and instigating arguments :| :| :| :|
Kunino Sagiri

Ceytin wrote:

as long as the old saying innocent until proven guilty is upheld i have no issues but unfortunately this can be easily abused by the wrong people and enough voices.
You do realize that the mods get the last say and uses appropriate tools in banning players right? And it's obviously not "Oh, a ton of redditors said he's a cheater! I should ban him/her to deliver!" unless your trust in them is rock bottom.
gregest

Kunino Sagiri wrote:

Ceytin wrote:

as long as the old saying innocent until proven guilty is upheld i have no issues but unfortunately this can be easily abused by the wrong people and enough voices.
You do realize that the mods get the last say and uses appropriate tools in banning players right? And it's obviously not "Oh, a ton of redditors said he's a cheater! I should ban him/her to deliver!" unless your trust in them is rock bottom.
yeah, but they only check that player when the player got lots of reports and I think peppy said (I think it was him) somewhere on reddit that the mods are watching the subreddit for cheater posts
AshbeII

Kunino Sagiri wrote:

Ceytin wrote:

reddit detectives are always right. the amount of work they do is impressive and often useless but it delivers
Snich101
Hello, I'm new to this game. Is all my musics in my collection can be played offline? How can I add musics to be played offline?
Zelzatter Zero

Snich101 wrote:

Hello, I'm new to this game. Is all my musics in my collection can be played offline? How can I add musics to be played offline?
yes and no, you don't have to.

Also don't necropost.