forum

[Archived] Game skips for about 2 seconds randomly.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rakabn
Problem Details: The game will skip or studder randomly, including sound skipping and me being unable to move my mouse or click things during the moment it happens.
The studdering happens at any time in OSU! main menu, song select, in game, I have not tried seeing if the skips are every X amount of time yet.
I have all my drivers updated, and have tried compatibility mode and switching a lot of settings around. My fps don't actually drop during the time it happens at least from within the games own FPS counter.

Side Note: I have had this problem for years now, and just cant seem to get rid of it no matter what I play this on (laptop,desktop). I thought it may be just all my wireless stuff, but I now run nothing wireless and it still studders.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30 GHz 3.30 GHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 4gb.
Ram: 32.0 GB
64 bit
windows 10
Running two monitors an ASUS and ACER (tho I had this problem with multiple monitors) And my ACER is currently G-Sync.
Topic Starter
Rakabn
Bump, if need be I will take video of the skipping.
Nyari
Sounds like a hdd related issue to me, loading problems, check your task manager and see if anything is taking up 100% of your disk or cpu usage next time it happens. Your rig shouldnt be a problem.
Topic Starter
Rakabn
Alright I'll check that out, I am currently using an SSD though.

Update edit: So that info really helped. I found that a service called Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider was poping up everytime it would skip. Looked it up said that it had to do with backup stuff. I use carbonite backup on all my systems, so that would explain it being on everything. Also I actually had to fully close my backup to get it to stop skipping, even tho it has specific times I backup on. Meh computers.

Thanks for the help Nyari.
Pannari
Try enabling "reduce dropped frames" option in the settings and see if it helps at all.