forum

Suddenly not playing good on osu!

posted
Total Posts
show more
-Makishima S-
What you don't understand in:

You cause damage to your gameplay bu playing something what is too hard for you?

My friend, you don't have skillset for like 99% of 4* maps.
By playing them, you develop a lot of bad habits which cause damage to your overall gameplay. You just lowering your skill.

Playing harder maps work but not on your level where your skillset needs to be builded and stabilized. You are supposed to progress slowly and consistently, working on every piece of especialy aim and accuracy. Every single "88%" score is just damage right now becouse you do not work on your skills, you just randomly mash buttons and reacting on circles, you do not read map at all.

Please take advices or do whatever you want, you got warned of negative influence of your actions.

You strugle now becouse of bad habits, you cannot warm up properly becouse your muscles force random mashing, same goes for aim hand - random reacting which is terrible.
Endaris

Boznianhero wrote:

No, i mean that i completed maps 10 times, majority 88%, i have maps at 95% etc.
Accuracy and consistency get displayed by how consistently you can get good accuracy. If you can get better accuracy on some maps then it's because they are easier to get good accuracy on. I can confidently say that I can give a decent shot at any map up to 4.2* regardless how difficult it is to tap. That's my consistency level.
Play these maps and tell me what accuracy you get:
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/118566 Hard Diff
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/13019 Chroche Diff

Tapping is by no means easy and I'm pretty sure that you have huge accuracy problems on these 2 maps despite them being below 3* and you probably can't even pass the latter.
Topic Starter
Bozzeh
Its not hard, like i said in one of my first replies, my mouse grip doesnt feel right and adjusting doesn't help. I had a break today for about 6 hours and testing now, seems better, accuracy similar which is fine but losing combo too often, which again i think its due to mouse.
Endaris
If you can't aim 2.8* maps your aim was never good enough for 4* in the first place, mouse issues or not, so just play them and share the result with us ;)
Topic Starter
Bozzeh
Endaris, what do you mean i cant pass the latter?
-Makishima S-
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/646066 - yet i dont recommend trying but it's just prove that you are not ready to play 4* maps. You can try, i am more than sure you don't have skillset to pass this.
Upskirt
Use brain and enjoy game!
Topic Starter
Bozzeh
Taiga, the highest i can do is 4.2 lol
dung eater
try using a lower sensitivity, it's good for growing muscle

there's no right sensitivity for a player, just ones they have gotten somewhat used to.

if you are stuck, find something you know you can improve at if you try harder. you can also create such things by altering the way you play or see (skins, screen settings, mods)
Topic Starter
Bozzeh
jaaakb, 2.4 osu sensitivity, too much?
dung eater

Boznianhero wrote:

jaaakb, 2.4 osu sensitivity, too much?
if you can hit cs6-7 it's enough probably. trying out lower sensitivity won't do harm, if you don't use your hand in a weird way
Endie-
Play more.
Play for a week and see how things are then. Its not uncommon at all
Vuelo Eluko

Boznianhero wrote:

Taiga, the highest i can do is 4.2 lol
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/2140
KanoSet

Boznianhero wrote:

which again i think its due to mouse.
don't blame your mouse cuz you can't grip.. deal with it or get another or buy tablet
play more to git gud and enjoy the game pls
Nabel_old_1

KanoSet wrote:

Boznianhero wrote:

which again i think its due to mouse.
don't blame your mouse cuz you can't grip.. deal with it or get another or buy tablet
play more to git gud and enjoy the game pls
I like to blame my mouse for my shitty skill :p That's why I don't play with tablet I need something to blame when I fuk up ^^

@OP play more
[ Legs ]

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Play osu! in another way not just for improving, go in multi a screw around, download unranked maps and see the insanity, use mods, try and make a map, go to global ranking and see pro player's replay, cursor dance while you play, try other game modes ...... After that then come back so you're relax and ready to play

of course there's also the meme answer which is "play more"

That meme over there made me dank
N0thingSpecial

supersoniclight wrote:

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Play osu! in another way not just for improving, go in multi a screw around, download unranked maps and see the insanity, use mods, try and make a map, go to global ranking and see pro player's replay, cursor dance while you play, try other game modes ...... After that then come back so you're relax and ready to play

of course there's also the meme answer which is "play more"

That meme over there made me dank
They fresh and dank boi
Topic Starter
Bozzeh
I fixed my mouse issues. Just buy a tablet. simple. lol
vincaslt
I have been playing with deathadder for over a year, and was relatively happy with it, and mice overall, but at some point in time, I felt like I've reached the limit of my mouse capabilities, where I would improve so little over such a long time it was not even fun anymore. So I bought a tablet, and osu is fun again :D
Endie-

Boznianhero wrote:

I fixed my mouse issues. Just buy a tablet. simple. lol
Never give up.
Just don't go over 3.9 stars. You won't gain anything from pushing yourself to hard
N0thingSpecial
Another has given up on mouse master race.

I think the learning curve for mouse is more challenging and fun, for me at least
Nabel_old_1

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Another has given up on mouse master race.

I think the learning curve for mouse is more challenging and fun, for me at least
Same :p I have a tablet but I refuse to use it for osu! because I prefer the feeling of my mouse ^^.
DeathHydra

Nabel wrote:

Same :p I have a tablet but I refuse to use it for osu! because I prefer the feeling of my mouse ^^.
#mouseforlife
Topic Starter
Bozzeh
So i bought a tablet like 3 days ago right, first day i was absolute shit with it lol, but thats normal for using new device, 2nd day was alright, still below performance than mouse. then 3rd day (today) i feel like im killing it, feeling better than i was ever with mouse, completed many maps on 4 star i could never do, completed my first ever 5 star map :D
N0thingSpecial

Boznianhero wrote:

So i bought a tablet like 3 days ago right, first day i was absolute shit with it lol, but thats normal for using new device, 2nd day was alright, still below performance than mouse. then 3rd day (today) i feel like im killing it, feeling better than i was ever with mouse, completed many maps on 4 star i could never do, completed my first ever 5 star map :D
good job you have completed your aiming tutorial for CS:GO
DegPixel
Boznianhero,

It sounds like your issue was already solved, and that's great. As a lot of other people in this thread also pointed out, I'm looking to help you so I just want to point it out as well, you should start out playing maps that are a bit easier and work your way up. Your top rank at the moment is 2.64*, even with the mods you used active. Your fourth rank, Juvia [Bumper], could give 55pp, more than your current top rank, if you just got a FC with 95% accuracy, which is just about the bare minimum you should aim for with most songs.

Now look, I don't want to tell you how to play the game, because I've done exactly what you did in the past, because it's more fun to play "super hard" songs, but it's not sustainable, because eventually you're trying to improve your skill cap without actually getting consistently good, which is like building a structure on an unstable foundation.

If the idea of stepping back and FC'ing easier songs sounds too boring to you, I guess keep doing what you're doing, but honestly, most of your (top) top ranks are in the 3.5* range, so I think that's where you should be aiming to play until you can FC them with good accuracy. Playing 5* at this stage will just teach you to mash keys and you won't learn how to read properly. I've been there before, and it's terrible when your skill gap catches up with you, because you realize that you're not actually a 5* player.
Infevo
Apparently in your case 'playing more' affects your skills negatively. Just based on logic I draw the conclusion that the best choice would be to stop playing this game for good if you want to improve at this game.
Topic Starter
Bozzeh
I've actually really really improved since i purchased a tablet, i can feel it and can tell by my accuracy and scores. I am not one thats capable of a 'large' combo but using tablet helped me and yes i went onto some 2.0-4.0 to fc and i could get a large combo, only with a few breaks. Like you mentioned one of my top ranks Juvia [bumper], i played it purposely to rank on it, try to fc but i break at 1 of 3 parts each time i play it. Last week i could barely complete the map, now i breeze through it and try fc, along with many others 4* maps, just streams and quick tapping is where i lack atm.
Endie-

Boznianhero wrote:

I've actually really really improved since i purchased a tablet, i can feel it and can tell by my accuracy and scores. I am not one thats capable of a 'large' combo but using tablet helped me and yes i went onto some 2.0-4.0 to fc and i could get a large combo, only with a few breaks. Like you mentioned one of my top ranks Juvia [bumper], i played it purposely to rank on it, try to fc but i break at 1 of 3 parts each time i play it. Last week i could barely complete the map, now i breeze through it and try fc, along with many others 4* maps, just streams and quick tapping is where i lack atm.
b-but what about #mousemasterrace? ;~;
N0thingSpecial

Endie- wrote:

Boznianhero wrote:

b-but what about #mousemasterrace? ;~;
*Pats Endie-'s back* some just don't belong to the mouse master race ;-;