forum

Suddenly not playing good on osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bozzeh
Hi, so I been playing 4 star maps for about 3-4 weeks now, every day for about 2-4 hours. Sometimes i feel an incredible improvement for a day or two, then like for the past 3 or so days i have been playing so shit, to me it feels like i cant grip my mouse properly (Razer Deathadder) as i keep changing my grip and nothing happens. I can't even complete the maps i completed 10+ times and have 88%+. If anybody can give me tips and advice on what to do please :D
Miralyn
take a break.. youre probably overworking (or playing..?) yourself. take a break for a day or so, then come back to see yourself ready to go at it again, later
Topic Starter
Bozzeh
I hardly played the 2 previous days because im frustrated with myself for playing bad, but it seems to be getting worse
Vuelo Eluko
this is not uncommon you know, everyone has this. ive had it for the past 10 months or so.
Topic Starter
Bozzeh
I know, but i havent encountered the problem from playing uptowards 4 star maps, before it was fine, i should be stabilising when reaching a higher difficulty, but opposite for me.
Vuelo Eluko

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

this is not uncommon you know, everyone has this. ive had it for the past 10 months or so.
N0thingSpecial
Play osu! in another way not just for improving, go in multi a screw around, download unranked maps and see the insanity, use mods, try and make a map, go to global ranking and see pro player's replay, cursor dance while you play, try other game modes ...... After that then come back so you're relax and ready to play

of course there's also the meme answer which is "play more"
Topic Starter
Bozzeh
I was, i went back to 1-3 stars to get more pp (SS), i usually watch cookiezi's and Helblinde's streams. When i go into multi, i can't even complete them now whenever i enter 3-4.5*, maybe upto 3.8. But i can usually sweep maps upto 4.4
shortpotato
PLay
mORE
Vuelo Eluko

shortpotato wrote:

PLay
mORE
basically this
gettin my +1 post count dont mind me
buny
play more
vsprite
Play more
-Makishima S-
Hi, so I been playing 4 star maps for about 3-4 weeks now, every day for about 2-4 hours.
4* maps are not for you. Please go back to maps what you can fc. You actualy damage yourself more than making better.

then like for the past 3 or so days i have been playing so shit, to me it feels like i cant grip my mouse properly (Razer Deathadder) as i keep changing my grip and nothing happens. I can't even complete the maps i completed 10+ times and have 88%+. If anybody can give me tips and advice on what to do please :D
88% acc after 10 plays is horrible, sorry to say but that's actualy true.
Your stagnation is an effect of playing maps way too hard for you, where you have not only aim problems but mainly reading once.
First of all, get a break, few days break without touching Osu and especialy - without thinking about it, clear you mind.
Second - go back to 3-3,5* maps and slowly FC them one after another going linear on star rating.

At your point (700k hits / 600pp) 4* maps will damage your reading, make your aim unstable and additionaly, you develop button mashing behavior which will cause you to being completly unable to properly acc what lead to not being able to properly FC anything what you should at ceratin point. Simply - you will hit a hard wall just becouse of your wrong decision and lack of patient.
Endaris
Hi.
osu! is a rhythm game so if you just want to aim at lightning fast things you should probably be playing HRDT+Relax only or a shooter.
You will only make yourself unhappy with the game if you continue like this, so step down a little bit and work on your tapping skills before moving on.
Topic Starter
Bozzeh
No, i mean that i completed maps 10 times, majority 88%, i have maps at 95% etc.
Topic Starter
Bozzeh
Taiga, i can fc basically all 3 star maps, and can complete basically all 3.5-4.0 star maps unless its a stream map, but now because of this issue, struggling abit.
-Makishima S-
What you don't understand in:

You cause damage to your gameplay bu playing something what is too hard for you?

My friend, you don't have skillset for like 99% of 4* maps.
By playing them, you develop a lot of bad habits which cause damage to your overall gameplay. You just lowering your skill.

Playing harder maps work but not on your level where your skillset needs to be builded and stabilized. You are supposed to progress slowly and consistently, working on every piece of especialy aim and accuracy. Every single "88%" score is just damage right now becouse you do not work on your skills, you just randomly mash buttons and reacting on circles, you do not read map at all.

Please take advices or do whatever you want, you got warned of negative influence of your actions.

You strugle now becouse of bad habits, you cannot warm up properly becouse your muscles force random mashing, same goes for aim hand - random reacting which is terrible.
Endaris

Boznianhero wrote:

No, i mean that i completed maps 10 times, majority 88%, i have maps at 95% etc.
Accuracy and consistency get displayed by how consistently you can get good accuracy. If you can get better accuracy on some maps then it's because they are easier to get good accuracy on. I can confidently say that I can give a decent shot at any map up to 4.2* regardless how difficult it is to tap. That's my consistency level.
Play these maps and tell me what accuracy you get:
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/118566 Hard Diff
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/13019 Chroche Diff

Tapping is by no means easy and I'm pretty sure that you have huge accuracy problems on these 2 maps despite them being below 3* and you probably can't even pass the latter.
Topic Starter
Bozzeh
Its not hard, like i said in one of my first replies, my mouse grip doesnt feel right and adjusting doesn't help. I had a break today for about 6 hours and testing now, seems better, accuracy similar which is fine but losing combo too often, which again i think its due to mouse.
Endaris
If you can't aim 2.8* maps your aim was never good enough for 4* in the first place, mouse issues or not, so just play them and share the result with us ;)
Topic Starter
Bozzeh
Endaris, what do you mean i cant pass the latter?
show more