forum

Best maps to play to improve on?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[KO]
Hi, so basically i posted about PP earlier and the outcome was that i pretty much need to play 5* maps to get any sort of pp. Only problem is that i can only FC 3.5* and very rarely 4*maps, what are some good 4* maps to practice so i could attempt 5* maps? Or should i just spam play all sorts of maps
Mahogany

DesuEcchi wrote:

i pretty much need to play 5* maps to get any sort of pp
What the fuck

No you don't, not even close

You have 800PP

I have 4k PP and I FC 5* maps for PP

Play like 3* maps nomod if you want to improve, or whatever you can FC.
Yolshka

DesuEcchi wrote:

Or should i just play all sorts of maps
I don't think you can go wrong with that.
-Makishima S-
Person who said you that is dumb as motherfuck, pls don't listen to trolls, they want you to quit.

At your 800pp just play whatever you can FC, a lot of maps.
You have 519k hits, it's honestly nothing, like literaly nothing. You barely play this game at this point.
Just play more, a loooooot more and don't go to 5* maps, i could say, avoid most of 4* unless it's something where you don't strugle with reading (eg. missing circles becouse you dont see them and cannot follow it), you will just destroy yourself into point where you will be unable to properly play at all.
Don't retry too much, download like 20-30k maps so you get high variety of them and play all.
You will notice that sometimes you get random FC on 2-3 plays. You can thank me later when you get this awkward feeling of playing a map and suddenly fcing it without farming.
That's how you train your consistency, aim and acc into truly godlike level.
It takes shittons of time but it's worth.
Topic Starter
[KO]

[Taiga] wrote:

Person who said you that is dumb as motherfuck, pls don't listen to trolls, they want you to quit.

At your 800pp just play whatever you can FC, a lot of maps.
You have 519k hits, it's honestly nothing, like literaly nothing. You barely play this game at this point.
Just play more, a loooooot more and don't go to 5* maps, i could say, avoid most of 4* unless it's something where you don't strugle with reading (eg. missing circles becouse you dont see them and cannot follow it), you will just destroy yourself into point where you will be unable to properly play at all.
Don't retry too much, download like 20-30k maps so you get high variety of them and play all.
You will notice that sometimes you get random FC on 2-3 plays. You can thank me later when you get this awkward feeling of playing a map and suddenly fcing it without farming.
That's how you train your consistency, aim and acc into truly godlike level.
It takes shittons of time but it's worth.
Thank you makes sense and your right i believe i was approaching it incorrectly, and yeah a support team member was telling me that i had to play maps harder than 4* to get any pp so i was frustrated but again thank you.
chainpullz
Can reach 3 digits without really touching maps above 5* still.
deletemyaccount
Maps you get 95 - 98% accuracy on. This indicates that you can actually play the map but it is still challenging enough to be conducive towards improvement.

Doesn't actually matter what kind of map it is, you should be playing many different maps anyways.
N0thingSpecial
Bruh at your rank you only need to FC (with >96% acc)) 3* to early 4* to get PP, you only FC 5* like untile you're >20k rank depending on your skillset
-Makishima S-
you only FC 5* like untile you're >20k rank depending on your skillset
Afaik you can get low ~9/8k 4-digit rank without touching 5* maps and just filling your top ranks with 98/99% nomod / HD acc 4,6-4,9* maps for 150-160pp each.
shortpotato
play more
chainpullz

[Taiga] wrote:

Afaik you can get low ~9/8k 4-digit rank without touching 5* maps and just filling your top ranks with 98/99% nomod / HD acc 4,6-4,9* maps for 150-160pp each.
4.99* (after increase) HDHR SS's can be worth more than 300pp for some maps. It's entirely possible to get 3digits without 5*, just not at all worth the effort considering how strict the acc requirements are in tandem with the length (4-5mins) of such maps.
N0thingSpecial

[Taiga] wrote:

Ok I wasn't specific enough, it should have been "you can start to try and FC 5* when you're >20k rank, but still mainly 4.5* - 4.9* maps"

cause you gotta admit there are some early 5* maps that play like a 4.8* to 4.9*
-Makishima S-
B-but 4-5min+ maps are love, they are life!

Yeah with HDHR you could do that too.

I mean nomod only without a single 5* you can easiely get into 4-digit. I think you can also pass from 4,9* and focus on 4,6-4,8*.

cause you gotta admit there are some early 5* maps that play like a 4.8* to 4.9*
Best Friends is 4,9 or 5* afair. It plays like 4* >.>
I could find some more extremly easy 5* maps where entire difficulty is placed on 1-2 jump parts / stream parts.
But to be consistent, without touching this, you still can do magic.

I even think going in babysteps can actualy improve your abilities A LOT into point where 5* will feel like nothing @ 4-digit rank.
Actualy this kind of progressing works for me a lot and i dont regret being slow as fuck. Everything new and higer is particulary way easier for me.
N0thingSpecial
Maybe it's just me, I find myself nearly FCing 5* then when I go back to 4* maps it is relatively easier.
Topic Starter
[KO]

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Bruh at your rank you only need to FC (with >96% acc)) 3* to early 4* to get PP, you only FC 5* like untile you're >20k rank depending on your skillset
yeah i wish that were the case, for the past 2 days ive been gettting 93%+ FC 3.5-4* maps and i get 0pp still.
[ Kakuja ]

DesuEcchi wrote:

N0thingSpecial wrote:

yeah i wish that were the case, for the past 2 days ive been gettting 93%+ FC 3.5-4* maps and i get 0pp still.
that's not what your top ranks says.
N0thingSpecial
tbh when I was 140k rank I dont even know the PP system exist I just freaking play for shits and giggles. I just play to pass and sit in multi getting new maps, it was until 90k rank I FC my first 4.3* map then I realize how much rank I gain from FCs then I start FCing stuff with high acc.

Just get high acc if you're FCing maps, at your rank I think FCing 3.5* to 4* with >96% is plenty of PP
Topic Starter
[KO]
yeah i wish that were the case, for the past 2 days ive been gettting 93%+ FC 3.5-4* maps and i get 0pp still.[/quote]

that's not what your top ranks says.[/quote]
Today and two days before that i had one map that gave me 8pp although i FC atleast 30.
[ Kakuja ]

DesuEcchi wrote:

Today and two days before that i had one map that gave me 8pp although i FC atleast 30.

Bullshit
N0thingSpecial
bruh either you're exaggerating or you don't know FC is, cause if you actually FC 3.5* - 4* with 93% acc it should still be a good dozen pp after weighted, bare minimum, a 4* FC with that acc should be around 40pp\

I mean think about it for example https://osu.ppy.sh/b/486513?m=0, I got 80ish pp for FCing it with 99% acc with HD. Without HD and with 93% acc that should have been something like 1/2 the amount of pp around 30-40 pp, after weighted it should still be around 20-30 pp at your rank.
Topic Starter
[KO]

N0thingSpecial wrote:

bruh either you're exaggerating or you don't know FC is, cause if you actually FC 3.5* - 4* with 93% acc it should still be a good dozen pp after weighted, bare minimum, a 4* FC with that acc should be around 40pp\

I mean think about it for example https://osu.ppy.sh/b/486513?m=0, I got 80ish pp for FCing it with 99% acc with HD. Without HD and with 93% acc that should have been something like 1/2 the amount of pp around 30-40 pp, after weighted it should still be around 20-30 pp at your rank.
Im awhare of this, thats why i posted in the support forums and the people just told me that i had gotten so many high ranks on 3.5* maps that i would have to play harder maps to get any PP at all, ik it sounds like complete Bs but its true.
Topic Starter
[KO]

[ Kakuja ] wrote:

DesuEcchi wrote:

Bullshit
I posted in support forum about this issue and they just told me to play harder maps, ik it sounds like bs but its true. thats why i made this post to begin with.
N0thingSpecial
OK nvm all that if you're gonna play 4* maps at least get an A, your history is full of Cs and Bs which is gonna be the same amount of pp you get from FCing a low 3* with 99% acc
Topic Starter
[KO]

N0thingSpecial wrote:

OK nvm all that if you're gonna play 4* maps at least get an A, your history is full of Cs and Bs which is gonna be the same amount of pp you get from FCing a low 3* with 99% acc
Ok ill try to.
Barusamikosu

[Taiga] wrote:

If this is true I better start stalking userpages for 160PP maps. I thought people needed multiple 200PP plays just to be 9k nowadays
-Makishima S-
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/374831?m=0 Hard and cRyo's Insane
And more maps like that

Go for 3.2-3.5* OD6-OD7 and get minimum 95% acc FC

Here is your pp.
chainpullz

Barusamikosu wrote:

[Taiga] wrote:

If this is true I better start stalking userpages for 160PP maps. I thought people needed multiple 200PP plays just to be 9k nowadays
#RankNormal+DiffsForBaru2k16
-Ene-_old_1

DesuEcchi wrote:

Hi, so basically i posted about PP earlier and the outcome was that i pretty much need to play 5* maps to get any sort of pp. Only problem is that i can only FC 3.5* and very rarely 4*maps, what are some good 4* maps to practice so i could attempt 5* maps? Or should i just spam play all sorts of maps
Go back to 2.5* maps and learn how to acc...then go back to 3.5* when you actually have a grasp on what rhythm is and when to hit the circles...
DeathHydra
You sure you have many FC 3.5 - 4 stars maps? Because judging from your profile, You don't. There is no way you get 0 pp after FC a 3.5 stars map