show more
wasonz
notice me senpai

edit: notice me senpai #2
Topic Starter
Shiirn

Natsu wrote:

General:

1. Spread feels really not nice between Extra and comfort, you will need to get more opinions.. personally I feel:
    Easy---Normal------Hard-----Insane-----Extra---------------Comfort
    but ask more opinions of course! Most players and modders have no problem with the spread issues between Extra and Comfort. Anything in between would just feel really awkward as it'd either be a buffed up version of extra or a heavily nerfed Comfort, there are no good anchor points for a difficulty between these other than massively nerfing the spacing of comfort (which would just be superfluous)

Comfort

1. 00:06:801 (1) - unsnapped
  2. 01:08:572 (5) - unsnapped
  3. just use AR 10???? i really don't see why 9,9 lol.. bpm and the way is mapped already call for it All of these done, AR10 done.
  4. 00:16:020 (1) - man this slider shape looks really bad and unclean, I'm sure you can do it better, actually looks really old tbh What? it's a linear slider. I made it a bit less jerky....
  5. 00:20:186 (2) - whistle spam is really annoying to hear, you don't need to add it at every single spot, remove them atleast from the 1/8 ticks? Sure, why not... it's just soft whistle either way.
  6. 00:22:686 (1,1) - TBH I can't really agree with those overlaps for obvious reasons, just try to don't hide it under the slider, at this speed is so hard notice at first play- there is 1 more I think I have never, ever, ever, ever seen a player capable of playing this difficulty miss this note, on first run or otherwise. This may be due to the fact that players of this caliber pretty much for sure have custom skins, but because this is actually very structured already ( 00:22:478 (7,1,1,2) - all of these blanket eachother either with slider tracks or approach circles) I would really, really like it to be kept as it is. If forced I can move the note somewhere else.
  7. 00:26:020 (1) - 1/4 slider fit better the music clearly, there are more cases where this happen, probably you trying to follow some noise sound, but I believe following the beats its better, they are clear Both this and 00:25:186 (1) - are emphasizing the single usage of the instruments placed there - they're brief holds rather than just taps (which 1/4 sliders are). I want, and players do experience, the difference between a 3/8 brief hold slider and a 1/4 "extended tap" slider. These have played very well and I have received a lot of support for them.
  8. 00:27:686 (1,2) - really need to be overlaped? I guess you could easily come with something better, ex: Overlap Fixed.
  9. 00:30:395 (1,2,1,1,2,1,2,1,1) - can you explain how combos work at this and similar parts? Readability. These new combos are here purely to simplify readability for players at these ridiculous velocities - a single combo will lead to complicated, overlapping track lines and confusing combo numbering. By having them all be different colors and distinctly separated in terms of patterning, it is sight readable that the player can expect the back-and-forth hops. This applies to all of the later combo setups I use 1,2 in.
  10. 00:33:520 from here to 00:34:249 - according to the music, should be a 1-2 1-2 1-2 1-2 pattern, instead you have an inconsistent one because you did end a slider in an active beat at 00:33:520 - anyways I really advice you to reword this rhythm to: There is actually a 3-point pattern in the music as well as an overlapping offbeat set. The way these notes are set up are to emphasize the offbeat hopping. I have not heard any playability concerns about this pattern, and to me it does what it sets out to do. With a piece of music like this - clearly designed for a game with more than five independent buttons to press - I need to make sacrifices here and there. This fits the later on 1,2 offbeat patterns to maintain playability.
  11. 00:38:520 (3) - This slider shape looks ugly from my point of view, maybe try something else? I mean they're not exactly meant to be art exhibitions...
  12. 00:44:665 00:48:520 (1,3) - cute lol
  13. 00:49:145 (1) - try to blank better with 00:48:520 (1) - tried
  14. 00:47:582 (4,5) - did you miss the triplet on purpose? I mean following the melody should be a circle in 00:47:547 (4) - and other at 00:47:617 (5) - like you did previously ??? I have no idea what you're suggestiong here. There is nothing in the music that implies a 1/8 triple nor a set of three 1/4 notes. It is an offbeat pattern and it plays extremely well.
  15. 00:51:749 (1) - i feel this and other blue ticks new combos don't make any sense with the music, for example doesn't make more sense that instead of having a NC on 00:51:749 (1) - add it on 00:51:853 (2) - where the new melody its starting? there are more cases check by your own A lot of the combo color fiddling has been done with the intent of making the map as readable as possible - with how fast these patterns are and with the extreme speed they race at the player at, I've probably messed up here and there at making other new combo sets consistent, and I've looked at them for so long the yolk normal to me. I'd love if people could give new combo suggestions along those lines such as this.
  16. 00:56:645 (1,1,1,1,1,1) - this is really cool .
  17. 01:05:186 (3) - according to your previous combo pattern at 00:56:645 (1,1,1,1,1,1,1) - should be at NC in 01:05:186 (3) - following the previous one at 00:58:520 (1) -
  18. 01:01:332 (2) - add NC? fit really nice with music, if you do then add it as well at 01:08:207 (2) -
  19. 01:07:061 (1,1) - don't stack perfectly at this bpm stacks and overlaps are super hard to read, I did the same mistake at my 266 bpm map Because this is the fourth iteration of the exact same beat pattern, I found that no matter what I did or where I put that slider and no matter how hidden it was, players hit it. This is the fourth time in a row that this beat pattern is set up, so players not only expect it, they're doing it almost entirely unconsciously at this point. If there is a ranking rule that requires it to be visible at these velocities, then i'll move it but as it is I think it's really neat.
wip response~ will get extra later.
Ongaku

Natsu wrote:

Ongaku's Insane:

1. 00:03:520 (1,1) - don't need to be that close, they will look better with a bit more spacing between them applied
  2. 00:02:061 (2,1) - ^^ applied
  3. 00:12:790 (4,1) - nah make them overlap, this play super bad, imo and doesn't fit with the actually difficulty of this mapset somewhat, applied
  4. 01:44:561 (3,1) - something went wrong here uh fixed
  5. 01:51:228 (1,1) - ^^^^^^ fixed
wip mod ~
If you could, and would be very appreciated, continue the mod, we really need this. Thanks!
Yuii-
Talked with Shiirn on how big is the difference between every difficulty with the previous one. Let's see, let's see.

[ProBox]

Your NCs seem to be quite inconsistent throughout the map. I am not getting if you are NC'ing every new stanza (for example, you made a mistake in 00:06:645 (3,1) - ), if you are NC'ing every 1 or 2 ( 00:14:978 (1,2,3,4,5) - that's an inconsistency) and so on and so forth. What I recommend you to do is to add an NC every 2 stanzas instead, this will avoid an unnecessary colour spam for a really low amount of objects per combo.

1. 00:34:978 (1,2,3) - Circles here can be a bit hard to hit due to amount of sounds involved on this section, what about making a slider instead? Would be easier for newbie players.
  2. 01:37:478 (1) - You should avoid this slider and similars. The amount of repeaters is way too high for any difficulty.
  3. 01:46:645 (1) - I'm really worried about this slider. As soon as 01:44:978 (1) - ends, 01:46:645 (1) - pops into the screen, and that's unrankable I'd say.
[pishi]

The way you map this as a kind of Hard difficulty worries me a bit, especially rhythm-wise like 01:33:728 (2,3,4,5,6) - . Combining white/red/blue ticks on the same section is 99% of the times really hard to predict when the spacing is almost equal and considering the difficulty you are supposed to map, the gap between your diff and Pro's can be a bit too high.

[Hard]

1. 00:29:353 (3,4) - Rhythm kinda sucks here, especially on 00:29:561 - because it's not clickable. I'd go with http://puu.sh/mYMl0/e7ef8f41bd.jpg .
  2. 00:54:874 (1,5) - The overlap is quite ugly here.
  3. 01:13:728 (2) - Can you make this look more pretty and simple? Just curve it once, flows better! https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4485288 .
[Ongaku]

So this is the difficulty that worries me the most. The SV, the streams, the slider spam on the Kiai compared to the Hard.

The AR. Use 9, please.

1. 00:57:374 (1,1,1,1,1) - 01:00:707 (1,1,1) - (etc.) All these NCs are completely unnecessary. There's no change on the snap nor the SV, don't abuse of the new combos :(.
[Extra]

1. 00:06:783 (1) - Yo, what's up with that drum sampleset? Sounds really, really bad.
  2. 00:16:020 (1,1,2,3) - After all the circular flow, BAM, you force the player to do an antiflowy movement and, BAM, again with the linear flow on (1,2,3). What do you think about this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4485370 cool pattern I just made? It's some good shit, right? Yeah, improve mine lel.
  3. 00:22:895 - Could you make this clickable? I think it's worth it.
  4. 00:27:895 (1,1,1,1) - The spam?
[Comfort]

1. 01:09:561 (3) - Can you NC it for the sake of readability? ty
I'm really tired, I can't even see the screen anymore hah
Topic Starter
Shiirn

Natsu wrote:

Extra:

1. 00:04:249 whys is this acitve beat being ignored, according to the music you shouldn't, a really easy way to fix without having a weird polarity issue would be to: Sure why not.
  2. 00:06:228 - similar as above, this need a click action according to the music, same in 00:09:561 - check others by your own, tbh such strong beats shouldn't be slider tails, mainly in an extra diff Most of the time in this difficulty I am making the map less dense by having beats on slider starts and endings. if you want every single strong beat to be emphasized, you're going to end up with a tiny-spaced Comfort. Some beats have to be sacrificed to the Slider Ending God, and thus some are.
  3. 00:16:228 - similar as above, even your NC make more sense there, just hear the melody and you will notice.
  4. 00:22:895 etc ^ rhythms can be alot better at certain places
  5. 00:25:186 (1) - what is the reason behind the single combo? tbh you can just remove it, instead of create ann unnecessary HP boost Anyone who tells you that new combo fiddling like this fucks with the HP setup is lying. HP is something I don't even consider in a map - if they completely lose rhythm they're going to fail either way and whether or not they get "bursts" of hp means absolutely nothing to the map's playability. Also, these have new combos to emphasize the different instrument that play exactly once in the entire track. (Seriously camellia?)
  6. 00:27:061 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - reduce the spacing consistent, actually it fluctuate too much changed
  7. 00:27:895 (1,1,1,1) - don't need to spam NCs just the first one is enough, the other 3 NCs just create unnecessary HP boost if I hear the term "hp boost" one more damn time. this is for aesthetics, not for hp fuckery. I will change it if forced.
  8. 00:29:561 active beats going again at slider tails God of Slider Endings
  9. 00:31:124 (2) - you can create a better blanket with 00:30:811 (1,3) -
  10. 00:32:895 (4,1) - Nazi, blanket can be improved k
  11. 00:37:895 same as 00:29:561 - God of Slider Endings
  12. 00:46:853 (1) - this isn't NC on comfort diff, why it is here, just remove it and maybe you are missing a NC in 00:48:311 (5) - New combo here is to alert the player to the fact that this is a 1/6 combo. It's much easier for a player to read "1,2,3,4" and realize it's a quad than "2,3,4,5".
  13. 00:52:374 (4,5) - make this a bit more close, so the spacing is a bit more different than in 00:52:478 (5,1) - Quite different already but sure.
  14. 01:09:561 (1) - I'm sure you can come with a better slider shape, current one isn't that good IMO. stop killing my mapper spirit
  15. 01:18:520 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - rhythm its really not nice, try to map the strong beats as slider head or circles - 01:18:728 - 01:19:145 - Seriously? are we listening to the same track? The slider starts and the slider ends are completely the same intensity to me, and the 1/8 triplet ending with a slider is vital to playability. It allows players who alternate to hit the 1/8 triple as well as players who singletap the rest of the map to hit it more comfortably. Not every strong beat can have a note.
  16. 01:19:978 (1,2) - jump its too much 2 doesn't have any high pitch, tbh is an almost inaudible beat, so the jump its really overdone The jump isn't emphasizing the note, it's emphasizing the noise at the end of the initial slider. Players almost never miss these because it makes sense.
  17. 01:21:020 (5) - add NC, be consistent with 01:21:228 (1,2,1,2) - k
  18. 01:24:040 (2,3,1) - spacing ok moved 2 a bit closer to have it be fairly even
  19. 01:27:374 (4,5,6) - same bit more readable tho Sliderends and starts allow for conventional spacing to be thrown out the window if done in a manner that allows the music to tell the player when you should hit the next beat, more than the spacing or approach circle. This is part of how freestyle spacing works.
Collab Hard:

1. 00:02:895 (1,2,1,1) - again the combos without real reason to be, mind explaining why? personally I think 00:03:520 (1) - is totallt unnecessary I use new combos not just to reset the arbitrary number on the note, but for color changes to emphasize instrument changes or readability. HP concerns are something I don't even think about for a second. The HP system already makes no sense for this game and especially doesn't matter when people always want to full combo or retry. HP concerns again, mean nothing to me, so I'll use new combos for other, more interesting functions.
  2. 00:06:228 (4,5) - this don't have NC here, but the same rhythm at 00:02:895 (1,2) - have, why? oversight, thanks for letting me know. NC'd.
  3. 00:14:978 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - again your comboing its weird for not apparent reason, anyways I don't want to point them all, just recheck and make them consistent
  4. 00:19:040 (5) - this slider is ending in a really inaudible or almost inaudible beat, would make alot more sense if you end it at 00:19:353 - also you will avoid the weird polarity issue by doing this. That is not how polarity works. Especially regarding slider endings. There is no polarity issue as there is plenty of time for the player to adjust to the new beat patterning in the song, especially since the next note actually does, indeed, start on a downbeat. While it is true that the slider ends on a quiet beat, I felt that a longer slider would be even more awkward for gameplay and honestly not do very much else. There's meant to be a pause but I felt that simply having a note instead wasn't enough to emphasize the instrument used.
  5. 00:08:311 (1,3) - not a fan of those sliders, thhy looks like really old and not good shaped Oh well.
continued to work on extra. New combos seem to have gone from tools to things that are thrown down on major white ticks just because that's how people think they should be used to keep the numbers low.

I have to ask: Do people really think about HP while mapping or modding? Because you shouldn't, I feel. If someone can mod a map that creatively uses new combos for functions such as readability and instrument emphasis, and say "but this screws with the HP!", why aren't they looking at other maps where the harder sections don't have new combos more often to allow for misses to regain HP more quickly? Because that's stupid. HP doesn't matter, especially when most maps nowadays have HP drain settings so low that you'd need to miss several notes in a row to fail anyway.
Natsu

Shiirn wrote:

I have to ask: Do people really think about HP while mapping or modding? Because you shouldn't, I feel. If someone can mod a map that creatively uses new combos for functions such as readability and instrument emphasis, and say "but this screws with the HP!", why aren't they looking at other maps where the harder sections don't have new combos more often to allow for misses to regain HP more quickly? Because that's stupid. HP doesn't matter, especially when most maps nowadays have HP drain settings so low that you'd need to miss several notes in a row to fail anyway.
let me explain you a bit better:

1. This map have alot of inconsistent combos, for example part ¨x¨ is new combo, but part ¨y¨ with the same rhythm isn't
2. Combos should be build having a pattern like following stanzas or the music rhythm, but never for readability, if you need a NC to make something readable, then the pattern in question is the problem
3. When you spam combos without reason, you allow players to bulls**t their way, (spam keys like crazy and still pass cause the unbalanced HP settting)

Anyways both overlaped pattern that I did point out was a suggestion made to me from players capables of playing this and also my opinion after watching them playing this (you can just check broccoly mod about those patterns as well).

About diff spread, of course its only my opinion, but its fairly easy to make a diff between those two and allow more players to enjoy the map, but then again is just my opinion and others may disagree with me.

Anyways my mod its full done: p/4863368
Topic Starter
Shiirn
My response wasn't directed at you alone; I've gotten lots of comments on the new comboing. And most of the time it IS consistent in its own right, if it isn't, point it out.

Natsu wrote:

2. Combos should be build having a pattern like following stanzas or the music rhythm, but never for readability, if you need a NC to make something readable, then the pattern in question is the problem
Normally I'd agree, but at AR10 288bpm 1/2 and 1/3 and 1/4, rules change.

Natsu wrote:

3. When you spam combos without reason, you allow players to bulls**t their way, (spam keys like crazy and still pass cause the unbalanced HP settting)
Hah, what? The HP setting is fine, and I'm pretty sure people who "bullshit" their way through the map aren't going to find it worth their time or effort for pp gain or score gain or whatever. This game is so heavily focused on FCs that basing gameplay around the 20-25% (tops?) that just play to pass (and probably won't care whether or not it's a 'balanced' experience) sounds silly to me.

And although I didn't respond, I applied the entirety of Broccoly's mod.
Topic Starter
Shiirn
After a discussion with several mappers and players whose opinions I value much more than my own, I have decided to put this mapset on hold indefinitely until I feel like there are enough people and players with enough technical and playing skill to help me iron out the mapset (and Comfort's) problems.

I know nobody is actually following this thread, but whatever.
grumd
yep, some nc fixes and a bit of other things
SPOILER
22:26 grumd: 00:10:707 (1,2) - i'd put nc on 2 for example
22:26 Shiirn: i had NC on 2
22:26 Shiirn: natsu didnt like
22:27 grumd: WUT?????
22:27 grumd: WUUUT????
22:27 Shiirn: 00:10:707 (1,2,3) - these all were 1,1,1
22:27 Shiirn: before
22:27 grumd: are you natsuing me?
22:27 Shiirn: but "omg spamming nc"
22:27 grumd: nah they don't need all ncs
22:27 grumd: no real reason
22:27 Shiirn: well my logic was
22:28 grumd: you always was setting ncs on these hard kicks
22:28 grumd: 00:10:915 - and this is a perfect place
22:28 Shiirn: "why 1,1,2 when all three have major beat starts, why not 1,1,1"
22:28 grumd: i'd say only 00:10:915 - needs an nc
22:28 Shiirn: but yeah
22:28 Shiirn: i moved the nc over you're right
22:28 Shiirn: 00:10:707 - moved nc from here to here -> 00:10:915 -
22:28 Shiirn: basically
22:28 Shiirn: right?
22:28 grumd: tried to watch it later, but damn that's one hell of a map to mod
22:28 grumd: ye
22:29 Shiirn: yeah
22:29 Shiirn: people are scared of it
22:29 Shiirn: and im just sitting here in the rain by my campfire
22:29 Shiirn: ;~;
22:29 grumd: 00:16:020 (1) - 00:16:853 (1) - these nc are good
22:30 grumd: 00:17:478 (3,1) - imo move nc from 1 to 3
22:30 Shiirn: agree
22:30 Shiirn: SEE
22:30 Shiirn: THIS IS THE KIND OF SHIT I WANT
22:30 grumd: LOL
22:30 Shiirn: JUST LIKE ACTUAL NC MOD
22:30 Shiirn: NOT
22:30 Shiirn: "UR NC SPAM SUCKS"
22:30 Shiirn: come the fuck on T_T
22:30 grumd: 00:18:311 (5) - i'd add nc here but idk, that might be too much of those
22:30 grumd: still i would add one
22:31 Shiirn: no need at that point imo its part of a pattern
22:31 grumd: 00:21:540 (5) - o
22:31 grumd: i'd add one here too
22:31 Shiirn: not every big white tick needs nc
22:31 Shiirn: yeah it had one before
22:31 Shiirn: re-added
22:31 grumd: yeah ik, the part of the pattern suck to have a nc
22:31 grumd: but in the music it would fit
22:31 grumd: that's all good
22:32 grumd: moving forward
22:32 grumd: 00:23:936 (1) - not sure you need it here, let me look closer
22:32 grumd: yeah i don't think you need it, it doesn't really change that much and it would be consistent to remove this one
22:33 Shiirn: yeah the thought there was
22:33 Shiirn: "1/6 should have 1,2,3,4" but at this point
22:33 Shiirn: removed nc
22:33 grumd: MMM I LOVE CLICKING ARROW DOWN
22:34 grumd: FUCKING PEPPY
22:34 grumd: so where was i looking again
22:34 Shiirn: around 25s
22:34 Shiirn: lol
22:36 grumd: ok im back
22:36 grumd: was in the kitchen
22:36 Shiirn: welcome back sexy
22:36 grumd: 00:32:686 (1) - do what you want with that
22:37 grumd: 00:33:624 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - i don't think you need all those, only one nc is enough
22:37 Shiirn: i feel like cuz thats a unique instrument doing a 1/6 quad it can have a seperated 1,2,3,4
22:37 grumd: it's different from previous 1/6? i dont remember
22:37 Shiirn: those are 1,2,1,2,1,2 mostly for consistency with the later notes
22:37 Shiirn: yeah
22:38 grumd: if they're for consistency, change the later notes too
22:38 Shiirn: lol
22:38 Shiirn: wait til u see them then
22:38 grumd: this entire 1,2,1,2,1,2 section is completely the same really
22:39 grumd: btw lol i wasn't looking at the playfield
22:39 grumd: only at the timeline
22:39 grumd: but this 00:46:853 (2,3,4,1) - flows so bad kek
22:40 Shiirn: flow? people dont move their cursor but like 10 pixels
22:40 Shiirn: unless i should like rotate it to curve another way just for looks
22:40 Shiirn: lol
22:40 grumd: 00:51:749 (1) - why this one?
22:40 Shiirn: this is where we get messed up nc
22:41 Shiirn: meant to be here 00:51:853 -
22:41 grumd: good nice
22:41 grumd: 00:58:520 (2) - i'd add a nc here but if you don't wanna spam it's good as is
22:42 Shiirn: i dont add nc there cuz one of the later one of those bounce sections has a 1/8 triple
22:42 Shiirn: and it makes new combo there really awkward
22:42 grumd: 00:59:145 (1) - i would remove it from here and add here 00:59:561 (5) -
22:42 Shiirn: 9 combo
22:42 Shiirn: ouch
22:42 Shiirn: oh well lol
22:42 Shiirn: easy star pattern
22:43 grumd: 01:06:124 (1) - this is messed up i guess
22:43 Shiirn: easy 1/4 144bpm singletap spacesd star pattern
22:43 *Shiirn ruins
22:43 grumd: ruins :DD
22:43 Shiirn: yeh meant to put on next slider
22:43 grumd: 01:08:207 (1,2) - i would put on the slider
22:44 Shiirn: i would agree with you
22:44 grumd: 01:17:478 (6) - i think here nc works better
22:45 Shiirn: mmmm
22:45 *Shiirn tries both ways
22:45 Shiirn: i guess... i think both are fine but urs is good
22:45 grumd: well for me it makes more sense in terms of music sections
22:46 grumd: also MAYBE you could put NC on (2) instead of (1) here 01:18:415 (1,2) - for consistency with next triple
22:47 grumd: not even maybe tho
22:47 Shiirn: yeah see this map isnt easy to combo
22:47 Shiirn: LOL
22:47 grumd: 01:27:165 (1) - this is useless i think
22:47 Shiirn: ill swap it just for consistency even tho rhythm is better the other way
22:48 Shiirn: mmm
22:48 Shiirn: removed i guess
22:48 grumd: 01:30:915 (1) - same
22:48 grumd: 01:31:540 (4) - also maybe you'd like to combo this instead of next circle
22:48 Shiirn: combo gets really long without it
22:48 Shiirn: m-m-m-m-muh hp drain
22:49 grumd: who cares, hp drain will adapt
22:49 Shiirn: mmm good solution i guess i thought about that but a jump section of 2,3,4,5,6,7 where it is actually on-beat makes it feel really really weird to me
22:49 grumd: 01:33:311 (3) - also add here and remove here 01:33:832 (1) -
22:49 Shiirn: done
22:49 Shiirn: ;w;
22:50 Shiirn: ilu grumd
22:50 grumd: 01:36:645 (5) - i'd add one more here
22:50 Shiirn: but but 1 combo?!?!?! (it was originally like that)
22:50 grumd: OMG SPAM
22:50 Shiirn: also WEIRD SLIDER RIGHT?
22:50 Shiirn: isnt it WEIRD
22:51 grumd: lol
22:51 grumd: 01:39:874 (1) - remove the combo here. this sound is very similar to the previous short slider, so you should remove the nc on the circle and MAYBE place a nc on the previous slider (but it works without nc on slider tho)
22:52 Shiirn: that section was originally
22:52 Shiirn: 1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1
22:52 grumd: 01:43:520 (3) - nc here instead of next slider
22:52 Shiirn: not 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1
22:52 grumd: lmao 1,1,1,1,1, pls
22:52 Shiirn: lol
22:52 grumd: 01:48:624 (2) - let me guess, you had a combo here
22:53 Shiirn: yep
22:53 Shiirn: cuz its fractured rhythms there
22:53 grumd: and it should
22:53 grumd: add it there but remove here maybe 01:49:353 (1) -
22:53 Shiirn: mmk
22:53 grumd: 01:49:561 (2) - and add here? damn idk man, it's really spamming lol
22:53 Shiirn: lol
22:53 Shiirn: told u
22:54 grumd: 01:50:499 (1) - yeah but remove here definitely
22:54 Shiirn: awwwok
22:54 grumd: 01:51:957 (2,3) - also you need nc somewhere here again for instruments... but since we're really spamming it as hell, probably we should just remove this nc pattern everywhere
22:55 Shiirn: in those i think the current nc pattern is fine
22:55 Shiirn: it starts on the strongest beat of the pattern
22:55 grumd: 01:41:645 (1,1) - i mean this pattern
22:55 Shiirn: the thing is
22:55 grumd: when after the bass you have pianos
22:55 Shiirn: this map has its strongest beats
22:55 Shiirn: at the weirdest spots
22:55 Shiirn: almost never on the big white ticks
22:55 Shiirn: Camellia: "NO THAT WOULD BE TOO EASY"
22:55 grumd: i'm almost sure the beat is not 4/4 tho
22:56 grumd: some 7/4 shit or something
22:56 grumd: anyway, about the last section new combos
22:56 Shiirn: wanna know how fucked camellia is?
22:56 grumd: right in the pussy fucked?
22:56 Shiirn: this is actually 144bpm
22:56 grumd: definitely right in the pussy
22:57 grumd: anyfuckingway, can we just finish the last nc pattern pls
22:57 grumd: 01:41:645 (1,1) - this
22:57 Shiirn: it actually is
22:57 Shiirn: 4/4 144 bpm
22:57 grumd: when bass > piano
22:57 grumd: s
22:57 Shiirn: camellia just DOESN'T FUCKING FOLLOW IT
22:57 Shiirn: SOMETIMES
22:57 Shiirn: AT RANDOM
22:57 Shiirn: BECAUSE FUCK IT
22:57 grumd: ok man i got it
22:57 grumd: yes
22:57 Shiirn: sorry lol
22:57 Shiirn: yeah i changed that nc
22:57 grumd: bby is ok
22:57 grumd: bass > piano
22:57 grumd: you have it all over til the end
22:57 grumd: 01:43:520 (3,1) - so basically no nc here
22:58 Shiirn: bass bass kick kick bass kick kick
22:58 grumd: 01:45:395 (1) - no nc here
22:58 Shiirn: agree
22:58 grumd: so basically only add nc when the bass kicks in
22:58 Shiirn: yeah
22:58 grumd: i'm not sure how your map looks right now
22:58 Shiirn: see i felt like i was getting confused because
22:58 grumd: so just do it without me
22:58 Shiirn: ur right i was emphasizing bass and piano and it never really flowed
22:59 Shiirn: i will go over it entirely with just bass
22:59 grumd: yep
22:59 Shiirn: see like
22:59 Shiirn: half an hour with u
22:59 grumd: and you came
22:59 grumd: ik
22:59 Shiirn: is worth more to the map than waiting a WEEK for natsu to half-assed mod it
22:59 Shiirn: frustrating
22:59 grumd: just 30 mins is enough
22:59 grumd: with me in bed
22:59 grumd: and yeah i'm going to mod it again and now looking at the playfield
23:00 grumd: 00:02:895 (3,4) - i don't know if i should point out that this stuff would look great emphasized with jumps
23:00 grumd: not even saying about hard beat on slider end
23:01 grumd: 00:05:395 (1,2,3,4) - also maybe you'd like to make a square idk
23:01 grumd: 00:11:645 (1) - i think you'd better overlap it, move it under the previous slider. it looks wierd with this "almost touching", better to overlap it
23:02 grumd: 00:17:790 (1,2) - think about ctrl g? then it will make a circular flow
23:04 grumd: 00:27:686 (1,2,3,4) - you need to rearrange it to follow the kick slider flow, start next slider where previous one ends. probably. kek
23:05 grumd: 00:40:186 (1) - i will love you if you avoid the anti-jump
23:05 grumd: 00:46:853 (2,3,4,1) - yeah it looks like shit lol
23:05 grumd: 00:49:145 (1) - this is just badly made, fix the shape for a good blanket
23:06 grumd: 00:50:186 (1,2,3,4) - idk maybe i just don't like such things
23:07 grumd: 01:09:978 (1) - imo a few grids down, just to not overlap
23:08 grumd: 01:25:395 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4) - would be REALLY great if you stopped following 1/4 here, and just made some 1/2 slider action with INCREASING slider speed, i'd just love to see ut
23:09 grumd: 01:45:395 (1,2,3,4) - square>
23:09 grumd: ?
23:09 grumd: 01:25:395 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4) - this is probably the most important shit i've suggested in the entire mod
23:09 grumd: so yeah
23:09 grumd: that's it
23:10 grumd: Shiirn died
23:10 grumd: am i shadowbanned or something
23:10 grumd: shern is afk :(((
23:10 grumd: anyway i savelogged
23:11 grumd: so ye
23:16 Shiirn: sorry
23:16 Shiirn: my mom needed help
23:16 Shiirn: ilu
23:17 grumd: can i help her? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
23:18 Shiirn: she's 84
23:18 Shiirn: lol
23:18 grumd: wut
23:18 grumd: how old are you
23:18 grumd: 40?
23:18 Shiirn: 24, i was adopted by my grandmother so she's mom to me
23:18 grumd: some weird stuff
23:18 Shiirn: ur face is weird
23:19 grumd: OMG REKT
23:19 Shiirn: also FUCK your squares
23:19 grumd: but squares BibleThump
23:19 Shiirn: also
23:19 Shiirn: im going over ur suggestions
23:19 Shiirn: like 50-75% accepted
23:19 grumd: :^)
23:26 Shiirn: :^)
23:26 Shiirn: u gonna post or nah
23:31 grumd: saved
Topic Starter
Shiirn
ty grumd ilu grumd ur never alone grumd
Ongaku

Natsu wrote:

Ongaku's Insane:

1. 00:03:520 (1,1) - don't need to be that close, they will look better with a bit more spacing between them applied
  2. 00:02:061 (2,1) - ^^ applied
  3. 00:12:790 (4,1) - nah make them overlap, this play super bad, imo and doesn't fit with the actually difficulty of this mapset applied
  4. 01:44:561 (3,1) - something went wrong here uh fixed
  5. 01:51:228 (1,1) - ^^^^^^ fixed

Edit part:
  6. 00:22:061 I'd highly suggest looking at the rhythm in this map again, there so many active beats that end on slider ends (worst is that those sliders star in really pasive beats) I tried my best trying to follow the drum elements, since its the most common element i work with, while trying to map the other elements. I can see that the slider ends are landing on important beats, but I find it well fit there. It has its... own sort of charm.
  7. About combos, lets take a look: 00:21:749 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - and 00:23:311 (1,2,3) - idk get how your comboing work, according to the music, I'd add a NC in 00:22:686 (6) - and remove the one at 00:23:311 (1) - , there are more cases were the comboing its super inconsistent, for example 00:20:811 (5) - vs 00:24:145 (1) - , try to check the whole diff and try to be more consistent with it I'm going to do a recheck on my map look for NC inconsistencies. Reason why its like this, is because I don't particularly pay attention to NC while mapping ^ ^;;
  8. 00:39:457 (2) - head and tail are mapped to strong sounds, that's regulary fine, but the repeat of this slider is mapped to a really different beat making the slider weird to play, I'd just add a 1/1 slider as extra and comfort diff, follow the hold sound is the best idea here tho fixed
  9. 00:46:332 (1) - remove nc, melody is the same as the previous slider, the place where your NC should be is : 00:46:853 -, but then again you leave that active beat as slider tail removed 00:46:332 (2) - NC and made 00:46:645 (1) - NC
  10. 00:56:645 (1,1,1,1,1) - No Sv changes why the combo spam? just creating unnecesary HP boost, there is nothing hard to read in the pattern, (even tho I'd suggest playing with SV a bit here)
  11. 00:59:978 (1,1,1,1,1,1) - ^
  12. 01:03:311 (3,1,1,1,1,1) - ^^^ you don't even have a NC on 3 here, even tho is the first beat on the melody change
  13. 01:06:645 (2,1,1,1,1,1,1) - ^ fixed up all of them.
  14. 01:39:874 (1,3) - a bit hard to read when playing, try to manual stack it (move some grids away) somewhat, changed it.
Thanks for finishing the mod! I will review my map and see what issues I can spot out, especially the NC stuff. Thanks again!
Kynan
Awesome map really, nothing to say about it as I didn't find any problems in it. Everything flows well and the jumps make sense as well as the spacing changes during the kiai. Also pls no nerf for the sake of star rating not being appropriate compared to Extra or something~
jackylam5
nice map :D

finally a map that makes sense

Topic Starter
Shiirn
I have elected to remove the Comfort difficulty as it is not rankable with the current system. Apologies to anyone who wanted to see it ranked, but it is always playable if you want to play it.
Ongaku

Shiirn wrote:

I have elected to remove the Comfort difficulty as it is not rankable with the current system. Apologies to anyone who wanted to see it ranked, but it is always playable if you want to play it.
X(
Kynan
You fuckin' what ? How is it not rankable LMFAO Deconstruction Star got ranked you can rank this easily don't give up please :(

Pro tip : write a massive essay about how you're offended by the BNs and that you will quit this game and community if your map doesn't ranked after so much efforts trying to get your super innovent map ranked :'D
Topic Starter
Shiirn
I'm sorry for wasting your time and playtests, but I don't see how I can get this ranked with the current set of BNs or QAT.

I am not offended by any of them, but I am disappointed that the few who were willing to even talk to me wanted me to get more mods from other sources. Every BN and QAT I went to just directed the responsibility to someone else. I can safely say I have spoken to or tried to speak to every english-speaking BN or QAT that is even remotely active and have been refused at every corner. If that doesn't mean I did something wrong, I don't know what clearer sign is necessary. The team et al does not want to rank this set with Comfort in it and I am not one to say that it is rankable as I am not a BN or QAT. I have always said it is their job to deem what is rankable or not. And I will follow that choice.

I'm sorry for wasting the time people have spent helping me with Comfort, but I can't see it being reasonably rankable, even if we get more standard BNs.

There are always Mazzerin maps, after all. One of his just got an icon with a fraction of the effort I've put out into reaching out.
Kynan

Shiirn wrote:

I am not offended by any of them
I know, that was just a reference to how HW gets his/her maps ranked. At least your maps are good so that would have just sped up the process of ranking it, know what I mean ?

Shiirn wrote:

There are always Mazzerin maps, after all. One of his just got an icon with a fraction of the effort I've put out into reaching out.
Yeah but Mazzerin's maps are not similar to yours at all, and you're also a way older mapper so you should at least get some recognition from that, especially since EVERYONE knows AT LEAST 3 of your maps. (older as in you've been a mapper for longer btw).

Please don't rank this as it is, it's been made with that ONE diff at first, why would it end on a mapset WITHOUT that original diff ?!
Topic Starter
Shiirn
Because I give up. It'll either be ranked without the diff or I will wait the months necessary for someone to eventually get around to it.
Ongaku

Kynan wrote:

Please don't rank this as it is, it's been made with that ONE diff at first, why would it end on a mapset WITHOUT that original diff ?!

Its as Shiirn stated. Not enough BNs or QATs are willing to look at the set with Comfort right now in it. Rip
Napkins
;_;

I respect your choices to remove the Comfort difficulty, but is it possible that you upload that diff so I may DL it again?
Cubzy
RIP Comfort and Discomfort ;;
Zetera
HEY COMFORT IS FINE NOW WHY DONT YOU GO AHEAD AND ADD IT AGAIN
Topic Starter
Shiirn
I DID
Monstrata
[Comfort]

1. 00:59:978 (1,2) - This transition isn't good because players will want to cut corners on the sliders instead of playing it through unlike all the other sliders. With patterns like this you want players to play through the whole slider and a bit more to get that emphasis going.
  2. 01:06:645 (1,2,3,4,5) - Same can apply to the stuff here, where you kind of want to break the directional flow of the slider inorder to have a better time playing the next slider. Stuff like : 01:00:395 (2,3,4) - play really well though, because players can go through the entire motion of the slider without experiencing a flowbreak onto the next slider's path. This really draws out the emphasis you get from the slider-motions, Try and reflect this kind of motion if you can. Stuff like: 00:56:645 (1,2,3,4,5) - Is also really nice for the same reasons :D.
  3. 01:30:186 (2) - I wish you could Ctrl+G this instead cuz it would flow a lot better coming out of slider 1. But you'd have to do some pattern changes (i think its worth it).
[Extra]
  1. 00:08:727 (2,3,4) - I would just keep the spacing the same. There are too few circles here for that decelerating stream thing to make sense here. It just looks out of place rather than a design element unless you have like 4-5+ circles imo.
  2. 00:27:895 (1,1,1,1) - Im actually surprised you didnt do anything over the top here lol.
  3. 00:33:520 (1,2) - While there are two beats here, the one on 00:33:624 (2) - is really feint in comparison. I think this pattern is better two two sets of beat pairings, rather than 3. Try making this a slider instead.
  4. 00:35:256 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - I really recommend making these all NC's because it gets rid of the follow points in between circles and it forces players to be more aware of their rhythm. (I would apply this to other diffs that are Insane+ too)
  5. 00:52:686 (1,2,3) - Fix the spacing here?
  6. 01:29:978 (6,7) - This sounds more 1/3 to me... What do you think? ;o.
[Ongaku]

1. 00:08:311 (1,2) - This is fine but like
  2. 00:12:895 (1,2) - No jump here? Good place for emphasis.
  3. 01:44:978 (1) - This slider doesn't look like it's snapped properly. Actually a lot of the sliders in this section are snapped to 1/12 and 1/16's... check your snapping with Extra.
[Collab Hard]
  1. 01:16:228 (5) - Can we not do 2x repeat sliders please? :C Just do two sliders instead and remove both repeats.
[Probox's Easy]

1. 01:09:978 (1,1) - This isn't enough recovery time for a spinner because you've mapped this difficulty using 1/1 rhythm on 140 bpm.
    Also, thats a really large break :C.
Topic Starter
Shiirn

Monstrata wrote:

[Comfort]

1. 00:59:978 (1,2) - This transition isn't good because players will want to cut corners on the sliders instead of playing it through unlike all the other sliders. With patterns like this you want players to play through the whole slider and a bit more to get that emphasis going. The transitions for these are fine due to the extremely large sliderball area we have for our cursor to be in. They're all very close together and there is plenty of leeway in every direction for players to have their cursor between these notes.
  2. 01:06:645 (1,2,3,4,5) - Same can apply to the stuff here, where you kind of want to break the directional flow of the slider inorder to have a better time playing the next slider. Stuff like : 01:00:395 (2,3,4) - play really well though, because players can go through the entire motion of the slider without experiencing a flowbreak onto the next slider's path. This really draws out the emphasis you get from the slider-motions, Try and reflect this kind of motion if you can. Stuff like: 00:56:645 (1,2,3,4,5) - Is also really nice for the same reasons :D. I had already re-done this pattern and I think i can take a bit of liberty on the "bounce" direction here since it's the fourth and final iteration of the same pattern they've been doing.
  3. 01:30:186 (2) - I wish you could Ctrl+G this instead cuz it would flow a lot better coming out of slider 1. But you'd have to do some pattern changes (i think its worth it). Hnnnghhh, true, but i like how the slider curves INTO 4 as well. idk what to do exactly
[Extra]
  1. 00:08:727 (2,3,4) - I would just keep the spacing the same. There are too few circles here for that decelerating stream thing to make sense here. It just looks out of place rather than a design element unless you have like 4-5+ circles imo. UHHH THIS WAS ACTUALLY A STACKING ERROR DON'T TELL ANYONE
  2. 00:27:895 (1,1,1,1) - Im actually surprised you didnt do anything over the top here lol. I can totally make them 1/8 sliders if you like babe
  3. 00:33:520 (1,2) - While there are two beats here, the one on 00:33:624 (2) - is really feint in comparison. I think this pattern is better two two sets of beat pairings, rather than 3. Try making this a slider instead. Changed the first pair into a slider. Fits gud.
  4. 00:35:256 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - I really recommend making these all NC's because it gets rid of the follow points in between circles and it forces players to be more aware of their rhythm. (I would apply this to other diffs that are Insane+ too) I'm torn with these because the follow points let it be actually readable in a "psuedo-random" pattern which the music is kind of doing, but at the same time they're actually quite the same time apart from eachother. I'll new combo them.
  5. 00:52:686 (1,2,3) - Fix the spacing here? How in the f-----
  6. 01:29:978 (6,7) - This sounds more 1/3 to me... What do you think? ;o Discussed on irc, tl;dr: the vocals are pretty much impossible to map directly as they occur because it uses a weird combination of 1/8 and 1/6, so diffs that map them just map "over" the voice.
[Ongaku]

1. 00:08:311 (1,2) - This is fine but like
  2. 00:12:895 (1,2) - No jump here? Good place for emphasis.
  3. 01:44:978 (1) - This slider doesn't look like it's snapped properly. Actually a lot of the sliders in this section are snapped to 1/12 and 1/16's... check your snapping with Extra.
  4. All done.
[Collab Hard]
  1. 01:16:228 (5) - Can we not do 2x repeat sliders please? :C Just do two sliders instead and remove both repeats. Ahahaha, yeah uhh done

thx hon
Kynan
Monstrata is bae <3
Ongaku
tfw shiirn does my mods

I love it when you do, but I still prefer I do it xD

Thanks <3
Monstrata
We discussed some additional things on irc about snapping between 1/4, 1/6, and 1/8 lol. The star-rating between Extra and Comfort is a bit large, but after some testplays and getting opinions from other mappers/modders we've come to the conclusion that the difficulty gap is still doable, and putting an in-between diff isn't necessary. Much of the star-rating increase comes from a few patterns with large distance snap, but the rhythmic progression between Extra and Comfort is minimal, with just a few more 1/6 burst streams introduced in Comfort.

All that said, lets get this set bubbled :D.
Shoga
Monstrata delivers.
Ongaku
I'm actually surprised my GD got through, considering the weird SV change near the end. oh well, people liked it, so i have no issues what so ever <3
Cubzy
Comfort is back <3
Spooky_Myon
One good map with a Irony inside :
The hardest difficulty is started as 'Comfort' when it isn't comforting to play that insane difficulty at all XD.
Mint
Change some stuff (mainly pattern/design) over IRC.
You're so mean Shiirn.... making me listen to this so many times x_x

Qualified!

log
16:26 Shiirn: uguu
16:26 appleeaterx: eat that jam
16:26 Shiirn: but mooooom
16:35 appleeaterx: still fun with HT tbh xd
16:35 Shiirn: ya
16:35 appleeaterx: 00:02:999 (4,1,1) - confuses me still, no matter how many retries..
16:36 Shiirn: really? o.o
16:36 appleeaterx: yeaa idk why this compared to every pattern in the map???
16:37 appleeaterx: stuff like 00:04:978 (4,1) - 01:44:978 (1,2) - is directly after it so had no problem
16:37 appleeaterx: but that one has that break there, but also inconsistent spacing/antijump thingy
16:37 Shiirn: well its just to emphasize the lone hihat
16:37 Shiirn: i can move that specific circle pretty much anywhere if the spacing is the issue
16:38 appleeaterx: yea.. if you can please do ;w;
16:38 Shiirn: 00:03:520 (1) - this can go pretty much anywhere
16:38 Shiirn: ill think of a new place
16:38 Shiirn: x:465 y:173 okay? its way further from the previous note and still near the next note
16:39 appleeaterx: YES
16:39 appleeaterx: i can finally fc that part now lol
16:41 appleeaterx: 00:34:457 (1,2) - strong sound, super low spacing = me sad
16:42 Shiirn: ctrl+g 3 and put 2 on the new ending
16:42 Shiirn: got it
16:43 appleeaterx: 00:47:061 (1,2,3,4,5) - found that this is really squished into together and movement is a bit restricted here compared to like... every other pattern
16:44 Shiirn: mmm i feel like since its the start of that section it's not really necessary to have massive mouse movement - it's kind of "introducing" the rhythm the rest of the pre-bass spam uses
16:44 appleeaterx: sure
16:44 Shiirn: the spacing is kinda low
16:44 Shiirn: but hell
16:44 Shiirn: need a break
16:44 Shiirn: :P
16:44 appleeaterx: 00:52:686 (1,2) - ignoring the 1/6's? welp ,the jump with spacing increase is fun tho xd
16:45 Shiirn: that's a tough one because if i do 1/6 it'll ruin all the patterning and there are beats on 1/4 anyway
16:45 Shiirn: plus the exact same instrument
16:45 Shiirn: is used on 1/8 a second later
16:45 appleeaterx: oki
16:45 appleeaterx: 01:03:311 (3) -
16:45 appleeaterx: why no nc for that pretty slider pattern
16:46 Shiirn: nc?
16:46 Shiirn: yeah
16:46 Shiirn: i forgot
16:46 Shiirn: LEL
16:46 *Shiirn presses Q
16:48 appleeaterx: thats all for comfort
16:49 Shiirn: ok
16:52 appleeaterx: extra: 00:47:374 (2) - found this a bit strange here... the red tick is completely skipped now?
16:53 appleeaterx: and your main focus is on that instrument in this part anyways xd
16:53 Shiirn: the instrument for that combo is the uhhh
16:53 Shiirn: whine
16:53 Shiirn: idk what to call it
16:55 appleeaterx: 01:34:770 (4,5) - it seems you this quite a lot.. but i find it weird due to the stacking.. add nc somewhere to make it more obvious like similar patterns?
16:56 Shiirn: i like that pattern. ;w; but sure ill fiddle with nc a bit
16:56 Shiirn: k fiddled
16:56 appleeaterx: 01:37:478 (1,2) - this whole part has slider jumps, but this is so close... not even normal ds lol
16:57 Shiirn: ill modify it so that the blankets are 1,3, rather than 1,2
17:02 appleeaterx: yea looks good to me overall, update pls
17:02 Shiirn: updated
Side
Grats :v
XII

K2Shape wrote:

One good map with a Irony inside :
The hardest difficulty is started as 'Comfort' when it isn't comforting to play that insane difficulty at all XD.
It's very comfortable to play though :c
Garven
Extra:
01:14:353 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - Why? Doesn't fit the overall map flow at all and seems like just a high point of stress for a fairly flowing musical thought which is repeated for the entire song.
Kynan

Garven wrote:

Extra:
01:14:353 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - Why? Doesn't fit the overall map flow at all and seems like just a high point of stress for a fairly flowing musical thought which is repeated for the entire song.
How does it not fit ? It's the most enjoable part of the map IMO D:
Garven

Kynan wrote:

Garven wrote:

Extra:
How does it not fit ? It's the most enjoable part of the map IMO D:
There's a big difference between "enjoyable" and "fitting"
I explained why it doesn't fit in my text already. Why do you think it does? What is it representing in the song compared to the rest of the map that calls for such a drastic departure from the established flow?
Kynan

Garven wrote:

What is it representing in the song compared to the rest of the map that calls for such a drastic departure from the established flow?
Well it's the kiai time + the song is almost asking for jumps so huh... Keeping it more stacked like a slow stream would make the kiai very boring IMO...
show more