forum

osu! Global Championships 1v1 Tournament

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82

Welcome to the osu! Global Championships!

This is an osu!standard 1v1 tournament like no other, it features a massive qualifying group stage where the groups are determined by country. Each qualifying group will be of a single elimination format until there are only two players remaining. Those players will then be seeded by their ranks and the tournament will follow a double elimination bracket until there is one victor!

Due to the extremely large scale of this tournament, there will different stages to the group stage (North and South America, Australia and Asia, Africa and Europe). For the inclusion of players from small countries, they may be merged with other countries in the same group stage to help even out the groups.

Rules
General Rules:
  1. Anyone is allowed to participate, there are no rank restrictions here.
  2. Participants are not permitted to have another player stand in for them.
  3. Harassing or abusing any participant or a staff member will result in the ejection of you from the tournament. Just don't go overboard with the banter.
  4. Anyone is permitted to record or livestream their perspective at any time while in this tournament.
  5. If the need of a reschedule arises, players must contact Dionysaw with a proposed more suitable time. If a suitable time cannot be agreed upon then the participants who couldn't make the scheduled time will automatically forfeit.
  6. Any rescheduled match will not be streamed.
  7. All matches will be scheduled in the afternoon and evening in participants' local times on either Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
  8. Participants that change their osu! username after signing up are required to send EmeraldStar82 a private message containing their old username as well as their new one. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
Match Procedure:
  1. Participants are advised to prepare a warmup map prior to their match.
  2. Both participants will be invited to the official tournament lobby by their designated match referee approximately 10 minutes before the scheduled start time.
  3. Each participant will be asked to type !roll in the multiplayer chat. The participant that rolled the highest will be granted first pick. This step will be repeated in the event of both players rolling the same number.
  4. The participant that won the !roll will be given host so they can choose their pre-prepared warmup map. Once they have chosen, they must give host back to the match referee.
  5. After the first warmup has been played, the same procedure will occur for the second participant.
  6. Both participants will then take turns choosing beatmaps from the beatmap pool until a player has won the match.
  7. Automatic forfeit occurs to a participant if they are not online 15 minutes after their scheduled time.
Match Rules:
  1. The group qualifiers will be a best of 7.
    After that, the quarter-finals will be best of 9, the semi-finals will be best of 11 and finally the grand finals will be a best of 13.
  2. The lobby will be set up in the following manner; Team mode: Head to Head, Win Condition: Score(V1). (Changed as of 14/3)
  3. Each participant may only select one beatmap from each specialty map pool (DoubleTime, Hidden, HardRock, FreeMod).
  4. If a participant has selected a FreeMod map then they may choose to play with: No mods, Hidden, HardRock, Hidden + HardRock.
  5. The participant that doesn't choose the FreeMod map must also play with the mods specified by the participant that chose the beatmap.
  6. Each participant may select any number of NoMod maps.
  7. Any warmup map may be no longer than 5 minutes and must be submitted.
  8. A current map pool beatmap may not be chosen as a warmup beatmap.
  9. Once a map has been played it may no longer be selected by either participant.
  10. In the event of a beatmap being tied, the beatmap will become nullified and neither participant will gain a map point.
  11. Revived scores are counted.
  12. The winner of a beatmap will be determined by the participant with the highest score at the end of the beatmap.
  13. If a participant has failed at the end of a beatmap, unless their opponent has also failed, they lose the beatmap regardless of their score.
  14. If both participants have failed at the end of a beatmap, the winner is the participant with the highest score.
The match referee is permitted to upturn any of these rules as they see fit. The match referee also has the final say in any and all matters that arise in the match lobby.

These rules may change without warning.

Bracket
Please click here to go to the qualifying group portal

To find which qualifying group you are in, please consult the image below.

Registered participants:

Current Schedule:
Registrations Closing: Jan 31
Initial Map Pool Release: Feb 8
Bracket Release: Feb 8
North and South America Start Date: Feb 19
Australia and Asia Start Date: Mar 18
Africa and Europe Start Date: Apr 15
Double Elimination Bracket Start Date: Jun 10
Subject to change

Staff
Tournament Organizer: EmeraldStar82
Beatmap Selectors: Dionysaw, Ambient, Athrun, Daffy
Referees: -Twist, Kor3ry3-kun, Dionysaw, -Shizuka-, AusBox, Dumi, Upondeath, Dunois, OskaRRRitoS
Streamers: EmeraldStar82, TheOmyNomy
Commentators: Kor3ry3-kun, Upondeath, Dumi

Schedule | Stream | Bracket

Please send a PM to EmeraldStar82 if you would like to join the staff.
-Derek
This is not the same osu!Global as the one that is run by myself, patyE, and lazer. This is a different organization for anyone that was confused.
Shuezi
I would like to join Nope
Mirt
Looking forward to this one Emerald! ^~^
przepson
there's be any rank req?
Kor3ry3-Kun

przepson wrote:

there's be any rank req?
Nope anyone can join
Ash Ketchum
Wait so I'm rank 290k and I'm still able to join? Like will there be a specific mappool for each rank? And will I not be able to join if not enough people in my rank range join? Sorry just a little confused.
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82

Tioners wrote:

Wait so I'm rank 290k and I'm still able to join? Like will there be a specific mappool for each rank? And will I not be able to join if not enough people in my rank range join? Sorry just a little confused.
There will only be only one map pool and one rank range which is #1 to #5,000,000 (or whatever the lowest is now). The maps from the group stage are going to be at least 4.5 stars.
Dzyre
Are some spaces open for another one? :3
_amb_
I just gonna join becaus i thinks its fun and i wanna know how far i could get :3 8-) :D
Afternoon
Registered, waiting for first matches

hype
danosu
Would like to join
FINGERLOCK
I'm excited \:D/
friizd
Registered, will be fun to give this a try :D
smierdziel2137
It'll be funny :D
Intelli

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

The participant that doesn't choose the FreeMod map must also play with the mods specified by the participant that chose the beatmap.
First off, no NoMod-specific pool/banning? Hwat???

Second, this is kinda silly because part of the fun in FreeMod is that you get to decide whether you risk it with HDHR or play it safe with NoMod. It's a risk/reward feature that makes tournaments much more enjoyable to watch. This also turns FreeMod into a "I picked the map so I win the point" situation. For example, I suck at HR, but my opponent is pretty good at it. He picks a FreeMod map and turns it into a HR pick, I've got no chance. However, if he could pick HR and I could choose HD or NoMod, I would still have a fighting chance at winning, even with my deficiencies in the selected mod.
KamiNoKage
ye ye lets do this! Hopefully i get past the first round this time :p
[ Escu ]
Done
HYPE
Araragi Karen
see everyone at the tourney! have fun ;)
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82

IntelliTroodon wrote:

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

The participant that doesn't choose the FreeMod map must also play with the mods specified by the participant that chose the beatmap.
First off, no NoMod-specific pool/banning? Hwat???

Second, this is kinda silly because part of the fun in FreeMod is that you get to decide whether you risk it with HDHR or play it safe with NoMod. It's a risk/reward feature that makes tournaments much more enjoyable to watch. This also turns FreeMod into a "I picked the map so I win the point" situation. For example, I suck at HR, but my opponent is pretty good at it. He picks a FreeMod map and turns it into a HR pick, I've got no chance. However, if he could pick HR and I could choose HD or NoMod, I would still have a fighting chance at winning, even with my deficiencies in the selected mod.
Think of it as an extra HD, HR, HDHR, or NoMod pool.
show more