forum

osu! Global Championships 1v1 Tournament

posted
Total Posts
show more
Dzyre
Are some spaces open for another one? :3
_amb_
I just gonna join becaus i thinks its fun and i wanna know how far i could get :3 8-) :D
Afternoon
Registered, waiting for first matches

hype
danosu
Would like to join
FINGERLOCK
I'm excited \:D/
friizd
Registered, will be fun to give this a try :D
smierdziel2137
It'll be funny :D
Intelli

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

The participant that doesn't choose the FreeMod map must also play with the mods specified by the participant that chose the beatmap.
First off, no NoMod-specific pool/banning? Hwat???

Second, this is kinda silly because part of the fun in FreeMod is that you get to decide whether you risk it with HDHR or play it safe with NoMod. It's a risk/reward feature that makes tournaments much more enjoyable to watch. This also turns FreeMod into a "I picked the map so I win the point" situation. For example, I suck at HR, but my opponent is pretty good at it. He picks a FreeMod map and turns it into a HR pick, I've got no chance. However, if he could pick HR and I could choose HD or NoMod, I would still have a fighting chance at winning, even with my deficiencies in the selected mod.
KamiNoKage
ye ye lets do this! Hopefully i get past the first round this time :p
[ Escu ]
Done
HYPE
Araragi Karen
see everyone at the tourney! have fun ;)
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82

IntelliTroodon wrote:

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

The participant that doesn't choose the FreeMod map must also play with the mods specified by the participant that chose the beatmap.
First off, no NoMod-specific pool/banning? Hwat???

Second, this is kinda silly because part of the fun in FreeMod is that you get to decide whether you risk it with HDHR or play it safe with NoMod. It's a risk/reward feature that makes tournaments much more enjoyable to watch. This also turns FreeMod into a "I picked the map so I win the point" situation. For example, I suck at HR, but my opponent is pretty good at it. He picks a FreeMod map and turns it into a HR pick, I've got no chance. However, if he could pick HR and I could choose HD or NoMod, I would still have a fighting chance at winning, even with my deficiencies in the selected mod.
Think of it as an extra HD, HR, HDHR, or NoMod pool.
K a r a s
Woo! Registered. Good luck everyone~!
Scyan
I'm pretty hyped for this, although, I must agree with IntelliTroodon. Free mod should truly be free mod, having you/your opponent select the mods for both players is a bit iffy. Just my opinion, everything else seems good! :)
Devil Raidou
Time for PP farming :v
Frikandel
yes I have signed up.
Flamingo985
I will create my tourtament with pp and beatmaps. :3
Sumo de Laranja
HYYYYYYYPEEEEEEEE :D
I don't understand nothing, but hypeeeee xDDD
Cenedis
I may be 84 k but still I am able to handle players from 8k ongoning so I think I should be fine considering this is the second tournament I participate in
Shibi
Looking farward to it :o
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82
We've broken 150 signups! Thanks guys <3
Raniemi
Looks like I can join tournaments now with scorev2
A Tame Wolf
Registered, Hopefully I don't get crushed. :?
Mak Kau Hijau
i already register ... first time participate in this tourney :D :D :D :D
Ambient
ayyyy
Lumiscera
I'm looking forward to this tournament.

Oh, what time does the Group Stages start on Feb 19?
Topic Starter
EmeraldStar82

Kotayu wrote:

I'm looking forward to this tournament.

Oh, what time does the Group Stages start on Feb 19?
All matches will bee aimed at being scheduled between 3pm and 11pm in your local time
midori_wah
Registered. Now I wait for my name to be on the list. And I hope that I don't get crushed instantly. :P
jayK
Tedda
Kor3ry3-Kun

Tedda wrote:

I just wanna confirm a few stuff.

What time does the tournament start and on average how long will they go for? I'm usually busy with school and other stuff so it might conflict with the schedule.
3pm- 11pm Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Since this is worldwide it probably takes from 4 to 6/7 Months
Tedda
Kor3ry3-Kun

Tedda wrote:

On mobile so can't quote.

Anyways, @Kor3ry3, since this is my first tournament and I'm not familiar with most of it, are you allowed to leave once your match has finished or do you have to stay through the whole thing for 9 hours?

Another note on Friday I'll only be able to show up at 4:30pm or slightly later, so is that allowed?
Yes you can leave after your match
And PM EmeraldStar82 about time when Tournament Start
Kyrzer
Kagari

arronlim13 wrote:

registered too :>

*gonna get rekt by the pros ;w;*
emanfman
It'll be interesting to see how I do.
Good luck everyone!
Athrun
I won't be participating (due to things at school) but I'll be rooting for everyone!

Give it your all!!!
Nitsches
Registered to support my country as well ;^;
#RipAllThoseRank15k+
#GetReadyToRektByOthers

But before that, gl and hf ! :D
Sivies
Should be fun :D
Shyotamaze

Nitsches wrote:

Registered to support my country as well ;^;
#RipAllThoseRank15k+