1. osu!community
  2. osu!
  3. Help
posted
terminal doesnt find osu when i use wine osu\!.exe even though i have osu and did all the previous steps thonk
posted
When i run osu! on mac os x El capitan osu! show me : oh no! with a blank screen please help me !
posted
When I launch it there is the image of the logo osu! which is displayed but the game does not run
posted

EkisupandoDongu wrote:

I've been trying to open Osu! but I can't seem to...
I open the app and then it freezes at Wineskin and gives me a blank "Oh no!" screen, it stays frozen like that until I force quit it.
I tried updating Wine and installed the newest version of the program through Winery (as suggested in an old bug error post), so I'm using WS9Wine1.2.9 right now; it still won't open. I'm at a loss because it was working completely fine up until 2 weeks ago, I didn't download anything new so I'm really confused about why my app won't work... Any help is appreciated!
posted

CosmoDerps wrote:

EkisupandoDongu wrote:

I've been trying to open Osu! but I can't seem to...
I open the app and then it freezes at Wineskin and gives me a blank "Oh no!" screen, it stays frozen like that until I force quit it.
I tried updating Wine and installed the newest version of the program through Winery (as suggested in an old bug error post), so I'm using WS9Wine1.2.9 right now; it still won't open. I'm at a loss because it was working completely fine up until 2 weeks ago, I didn't download anything new so I'm really confused about why my app won't work... Any help is appreciated!
Try updating the engine and tick Use Mac Driver and Use Direct3D Boost in Set Screen Options
posted

Nakano Yuko wrote:

terminal doesnt find osu when i use wine osu\!.exe even though i have osu and did all the previous steps thonk
did you change to the game's directory before?

if you're lazy then just drag the folder icon on Terminal icon and it should open a new window already chdir'd to the osu directory

or you can type cd and a space, then drag the osu! folder *in* the Terminal and press enter, and then wine osu\!.exe
posted
When I drag a .osz file into Osu! nothing happens. Also I cant move the game to my applications folder after I updated from a previous version It wont start up. please help! :o
posted
i think you are going to need to port osu! on a different windows exe emulator thingy (god damn i hate being 14 :o:o )
posted

Mariokart8er wrote:

When I drag a .osz file into Osu! nothing happens. Also, I cant move the game to my applications folder after I updated from a previous version It won't start up. please help! :o
If you're not able to drag the osz file to osu! you can do the following, go in general and open ''open osu! folder'', you'll get a window with a few folders and all, go to:

My Computer > (C:) > osu! > songs

When you get to the songs folder, simply drag the osz file to the folder and get back to the game and press F5
posted

DarkBlueKitten wrote:

If you're not able to drag the osz file to osu! you can do the following, go in general and open ''open osu! folder'', you'll get a window with a few folders and all, go to:

My Computer > (C:) > osu! > songs

When you get to the songs folder, simply drag the osz file to the folder and get back to the game and press F5
Or right-click it, open with > osu!
posted


I don't have it?
posted

MarcusD wrote:

Nakano Yuko wrote:

terminal doesnt find osu when i use wine osu\!.exe even though i have osu and did all the previous steps thonk
did you change to the game's directory before?

if you're lazy then just drag the folder icon on Terminal icon and it should open a new window already chdir'd to the osu directory

or you can type cd and a space, then drag the osu! folder *in* the Terminal and press enter, and then wine osu\!.exe
lol i still get this message
wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\osu!.exe"
with a bunch of stuff above, can i get like an exact walkthrough of what i need to do lol im confused
posted

VeilStar wrote:

  • Information.


  • This thread is for confirmable or confirmed bugs with only the OS X version of osu!.
  • Known issues.

  1. When using fullscreen and switching window (by clicking a link in chat for example) you get stuck on a black screen.
  2. Certain fonts are missing or not rendering, causing missing icons in the main menu, and squares for asian languages, for example.
  3. Other monitors are black when osu! is in fullscreen on a setup with multiple monitors.
I'm using a Mac and It works well
just when I'm trying to update osu!, you can't open it and a message appear to say "unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application"
and you need to reinstall osu!
posted
I downloaded the beta version for mac OsX. Apart from all the problems other users found out, I find really disturbing the fact that I can’t update my version at all: it’s still stuck on a 2015 update, which I think was the one included in the intallation. If anyone knows how to update, just let me know, thanks.
posted
posted
The left click binding will always take some time before it is detected as a click in game making it hard to use because it greatly affects the game play. I've tried binding it with other keys and it lags too.
posted
For some reason when I download new beatmaps and hit f5 or open with osu, osu gets stuck on checking for new songs and have to force quit out of osu. I'm on the stable 2015 release and haven't had this problem before when downloading 10000+ beatmaps
posted
uhm i updated osu and now it ays that wine skin can't find a runtime compatible with osu...can i get some help
posted
Running the October 2015 release of osu! on my Macbook Pro Retina (Early 2015), macOS Sierra. My game has run fine for the past 3 months, but today it froze when I tried opening leaderboards for a beatmap, and wouldn't launch. I had to reinstall, and once I replaced the Skins/Replays/Data/Exports/Songs folders, it worked. I found I could modify all my settings and my skins would load up fine.

However, the game froze when I tried to go to the beatmap selection menu through either Multi or Solo menu or when I clicked the "Repair Folder Permissions" button. The game reads the song files for sure; I can play different songs using the keyboard shortcuts from the menu. I just can't play because the beatmap selection menu doesn't load. I don't know how to reproduce the problem :(

Sorry for the trouble!
posted

EkisupandoDongu wrote:

Okay, just downloaded new version (April 2016) for Mac OSx and now I don't even get an error screen! I downloaded XQuartz as per instructed on the build release, and then downloaded Osu! only to find when I open it, I get a patching screen, a DDE failure message (not sure what that means) and then...nothing. I closed, reopened, redownloaded this build several times. Nothing. Not sure what's wrong. Really wish Osu! would work, been out of it for about 3 months now :(
Please sign in to reply.