1. osu!community
  2. osu!
  3. Help
posted
p/6125107#p6125107

saw someone with problems on os x version of osu, thought it might be an issue
posted
I've made a video showing how to play stable latest if anyone is intrested



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lT8om-2kfE
posted
It won't let me even update to WS9Wine2.6. It just stays on version WS9Wine1.9.5. Will I need El Capitan to do it? Because I'm currently on Sierra.
posted

FrozenMilkshake wrote:

It won't let me even update to WS9Wine2.6. It just stays on version WS9Wine1.9.5. Will I need El Capitan to do it? Because I'm currently on Sierra.


Im not so sure myself honestly :(
Do you have XQuartz installed, or Wineskin Winery?

If the engine cannot be changed, try skipping the step
Will it still work?
posted

Jeni-Desu wrote:



Im not so sure myself honestly :(
Do you have XQuartz installed, or Wineskin Winery?

If the engine cannot be changed, try skipping the step
Will it still work?


I have XQuartz and Wineskin Winery installed.
When skipping the step of updating it, it doesn't work.

i'm at a loss so i might just try downgrading to el capitan later.
posted

FrozenMilkshake wrote:


I have XQuartz and Wineskin Winery installed.
When skipping the step of updating it, it doesn't work.

i'm at a loss so i might just try downgrading to el capitan later.


Sorry to hear that :( Sierra kinda sucks anyway, No SmoothMouse support and bad Wine support

Good luck
posted
I can change the engine and everything but after the update thing. it stops working.
posted

IntelClient wrote:

I can change the engine and everything but after the update thing. it stops working.

What is your OS? and what are your specs?
posted

Jeni-Desu wrote:

IntelClient wrote:

I can change the engine and everything but after the update thing. it stops working.

What is your OS? and what are your specs?

OSX sierra. Specs: https://gyazo.com/c337a453ed20ab7010a6dab182131372
osu worked on this before but it just stopped working awhile ago
posted

IntelClient wrote:

OSX sierra. Specs: https://gyazo.com/c337a453ed20ab7010a6dab182131372
osu worked on this before but it just stopped working awhile ago


How are you able to play osu in Sierra in the first place?
And which ver you were able to play?
posted

Jeni-Desu wrote:

IntelClient wrote:

OSX sierra. Specs: https://gyazo.com/c337a453ed20ab7010a6dab182131372
osu worked on this before but it just stopped working awhile ago


How are you able to play osu in Sierra in the first place?
And which ver you were able to play?

sorry for the late reply. I dont know which version i just downloaded either the stable or alpha one. i just installed it and boom. it fired up no problems.
posted
Hi! I posted on the forums earlier, but didn't realize there was one specifically for OSX.

Well here goes;
My problem - I tried to install osu!, and install the contents of osu!, there's a wineskin I was supposed to install.
(I tried installing 2.6) But the engine remains at 1.9.5.

Any suggestions?
posted

IntelClient wrote:


sorry for the late reply. I dont know which version i just downloaded either the stable or alpha one. i just installed it and boom. it fired up no problems.

Good to hear its working out for ya!



Alestea wrote:


(I tried installing 2.6) But the engine remains at 1.9.5.
Any suggestions?

Maybe trying to use the newer engine like 2.10? Theoretically it should run better than the stable 2.6
posted
it just broke again. i have no idea what is happening....
posted
AFTER LIKE 4 HOURS i downgraded to el capitan (impossible af) GOT OSU WORKING finally. i just cant handle playing in full screen
posted
and i fixed the fullscreen by t/114600
posted
***IF YOU ARE ON SIERRA, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DOWNGRADE TO EL CAPITAN ANYMORE.**

On osu version 20151017, download it, boot it up, and run the updater.

Now when dragging in beatmaps, drag it into the osu! window instead of the logo, unless the window was the target for dragging in beatmaps on versions other than 20141010.

I can make a video if needed, although I don't think it's necessary.
posted
im not sure if this is the correct area to talk about it. when i launch osu! it like has glitch textures. like spazzing. i close it and open anyother game (minecraft) it like has the same thing.
posted

IntelClient wrote:

im not sure if this is the correct area to talk about it. when i launch osu! it like has glitch textures. like spazzing. i close it and open anyother game (minecraft) it like has the same thing.

That also happened to me sometimes, dont know what triggers it tho
For me restarting osu! worked fine
posted

FrozenMilkshake wrote:

***IF YOU ARE ON SIERRA, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DOWNGRADE TO EL CAPITAN ANYMORE.**

Can you play Stable Latest tho?
Please sign in to reply.